• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Sanic

Marvie_3 said:
I never used the companions either. Then I realized how much easier it was to haul more loot with Fawkes tagging along. :lol
That, plus
Boone
destroys 75% of enemies before I even realize they're there :lol Almost too easy, but I'm not (yet) playing for a challenge, so it's fine by me.

Question:

Is there any way to enter
The Strip
without
paying the 2,000 caps?

Marvie_3

Banned
Pandoracell said:
That, plus
Boone
destroys 75% of enemies before I even realize they're there :lol Almost too easy, but I'm not (yet) playing for a challenge, so it's fine by me.
Just got him about an hour ago. (been exploring a lot) He kicks a lot of asses. :lol

RS4-

Pandoracell said:
That, plus
Boone

Question:

The Strip
without
paying the 2,000 caps?

Yeah --
The shop on your right I believe, when you enter from the east gate (the one with the gun & aid vendor), you can use speech I believe? to get him to sell you the fake passport.

iammeiam

Pandoracell said:
Question:

The Strip
without
paying the 2,000 caps?

There are a few; by far the quickest(that I know of) is to
talk to Boone a little and he'll tell you about a location that runs a monorail into the Strip. Provided you're in good with the NCR, you get in right away.
Or you can do what I did and just accidentally stumble on
McCarn and take the monorail before realizing what you're doing.

You can also check around in Freeside, and eventually get a quest chain from
the King, who'll put you on the path to getting a fake passport.
You can also get the same result with the right speech skills on a specific vendor, although in that case it does end up costing.

Zeliard

chubigans said:
Playing hard/hardcore mode...so you can't sleep to regain health?

Nope, you sleep just to reduce sleep deprivation. Gotta eat food and use stimpacks and such to heal up, or go to a doctor.

Also remember that when you sleep, your dehydration and hunger levels increase.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Picked up the game on 360 as well as a 250gig hard drive. Fucking typical Australian launch title, the guide and the preorder codes are a WEEK away. Brilliant.

Sigh.

Wiggum2007 said:
Sorry, I didn't know that character's name was a spoiler, it was mentioned all over in the official pre-release media releases including the latest dev diary, so I didn't think there was anything spoilerific to it. Fixed now.

Is that even a spoiler? The character has been heavily featured from the earliest videos, and appears on lots of promotional stuff (like Qore images). The VA list was released a few weeks ago to the public.

Marvie_3 said:
Anybody have a quick summary on how to play Caravan?

Read the help section in the pause menu. Also, know that you can move the cards down/up in addition to left/right. That part confused me cause there was no mention of that, so I was confused as to why seemingly valid cards couldn't be placed.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I grant that this is my first Fallout but what's with some of you saying the game is too easy? Hardcore mode is indeed merely a minor inconvenience but I'm seriously never too comfortable. Always at less than full HP, low on stimpacks if not empty, and most importantly low on ammo. I had this quest where I needed high repair so I did some minor quests/killed some stuff to raise a level so I could level up repair high enough where I could use my repair magazine to subsequently raise it even higher so I could just barely complete the quest :lol

A couple pics from my adventures in the Wasteland today:

ScreenShot5.jpg

ScreenShot3.jpg

It's a dangerous freakin place.

Marvie_3

Banned
HadesGigas said:
Read the help section in the pause menu. Also, know that you can move the cards down/up in addition to left/right. That part confused me cause there was no mention of that, so I was confused as to why seemingly valid cards couldn't be placed.
That'll help. :D

Shurs

Dan Hsu is pushing forward the idea that some outlets are either removing or delaying their Fallout: New Vegas reviews due to advertisements on their respective sites.

Sanic

iammeiam said:
There are a few; by far the quickest(that I know of) is to
talk to Boone a little and he'll tell you about a location that runs a monorail into the Strip. Provided you're in good with the NCR, you get in right away.
Or you can do what I did and just accidentally stumble on
McCarn and take the monorail before realizing what you're doing.

You can also check around in Freeside, and eventually get a quest chain from
the King, who'll put you on the path to getting a fake passport.
You can also get the same result with the right speech skills on a specific vendor, although in that case it does end up costing.
The shop on your right I believe, when you enter from the east gate (the one with the gun & aid vendor), you can use speech I believe? to get him to sell you the fake passport.

thanks for the responses, though in the meantime I actually made it in by
attacking one of the guards, taking the key, and entering. Nobody seems to care, including the guards I attacked, but I may go back and do things the 'right' way.

kai3345

Banned
bonesmccoy said:
Is that even a spoiler? The character has been heavily featured from the earliest videos, and appears on lots of promotional stuff (like Qore images). The VA list was released a few weeks ago to the public.
idk I just thought since he's basically who the game is about, and you're trying to find out who he is, itd be a pretty big spoiler.

So again I lost about an hour and a half of game time after the game crashed. Save files disappeared. It seems to be auto and quick that go. I was playing on offline mode and steAm cloud disabled. How fucking infuriating.

Celsior

Damn I just raped the
powder controlled jail
never went there yet with
Boone sniping people before I saw them
place didn't know what was coming.
Yeah did that basement of the rocket place I fought two nightkin at once, the end of the quest is worth it.

Been ghosting this thread and I'm sold. My first Fallout ever, I'm jumping into this tonight via 360. A quick question: should I install the game? Are there stability & performance benefits to doing so? Thanks.

Shurs said:
Dan Hsu is pushing forward the idea that some outlets are either removing or delaying their Fallout: New Vegas reviews due to advertisements on their respective sites.
so.. which site is it GAF detectives?
apparently not 1UP; where are kotaku and joystiq's reviews?

gamespot just gave NV a 7.5 btw

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
EviLore said:
People, create real saves, don't rely on quicksave and autosave.

This.

I'm playing on the 360 and I stop and save during important points. Haven't had a save issue. I'm 12 hours in. Unfortunately I can't say I haven't run into lockups.

Celsior

blazinglazers said:
Been ghosting this thread and I'm sold. My first Fallout ever, I'm jumping into this tonight via 360. A quick question: should I install the game? Are there stability & performance benefits to doing so? Thanks.
Laggy at times but no freezes or crashes, don't feel like wasting the space.

Baha

kai3345 said:
where do i find a sensor module?

Those took me awhile to find but
if you need them to repair ED-E, you can repair him without the parts if your repair is high enough. No idea if fixing him with parts changes anything

GreekWolf

Finally picked up my copy (360 ver) this afternoon. Only 4 hours in, but this has already been a much more compelling experience than Fallout 3. Heck, and I really enjoyed Fallout 3.

Respect knuckles, Obsidian.

So I just got Vegas today and it doesn't run on my rig quite as smooth as FO3 did. What's different about the way Obi did this one? Looks the same in almost every respect.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
BlueTsunami said:
This.

I'm playing on the 360 and I stop and save during important points. Haven't had a save issue. I'm 12 hours in. Unfortunately I can't say I haven't run into lockups.

This applies to almost any game, not just the super buggy, but I am compulsive about saving. Anytime I do anything substantial or if I haven't saved for about 30 minutes or so, I will save my file. I hate to replay long stretches of game time.

Still no freezes after 8+ hours. I have a magic 360.

theBishop

Banned
j-wood said:
I'm really thinking about picking this game up. Is the PS3 version tolerable or should I wait?

It's got bugs just like all the other versions. But it seems to perform better than Fallout3 did on PS3.

Chesskid1

Banned
is it weird that i think games when you pause/hit the xbox btn and it still counts toward your total play time equals low quality assurance?

Beernf

EviLore said:
People, create real saves, don't rely on quicksave and autosave.

I wish i knew this yesterday before i lost almost all of my progress. Seriously considering just putting this aside now.

heringer said:
Having trouble with nightkins in the
basement of the Rocket Facility.
They're far too strong for me.

Any tips? :/

Just did this. Have the Shotgun Surgeon perk, went through there with Lily and Rex and destroyed all of those fuckers. Playing on normal and hardcore.

Really like the game so far. The only thing that sucks is the load times (360 version), it's pretty fucking bad.

Top Bottom