• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Dresden

Bobbyrawlins said:
Yeah, I killed him. Guess I'm screwed on the missions I can get from inside that place then?
I killed Joe Cobb and I got them fine. After paying the dude his caps, make sure to put on a Powder Ganger uniform and tell your companions to wait outside, maybe? That's what i did.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Amneisac said:
Well, I'm getting pretty pissed off. PC version, I've lost my progress twice now, the most recent time I lost about an hour's worth. I'm constantly quick saving AND keeping a manual save file, but when I crashed and came back in, it had an incredibly old quick save, and old autosave (like from Tuesday) and a manual I save about an hour ago.

What. the. fuck.

Don't quicksave. Do. Not. Fore yourself to manual save every 10-15 mins and the problem is solved.

Apparently though, you can retrieve your saves from the folder their stored in. Check for a quicksave.bak, if it's there rename it to whatever the regular quicksave is called and you should be golden.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Basileus777 said:
Does anyone know how to open the door to Vault 3?
I'm trying to get in there for a Brotherhood of Steel quest.
]

There should be a computer next to the door to activate it

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Found an exploit for unlimited XP.

When you're at Camp Golf, you get a mission to raise morale with "The Misfits." If you have speech over 40, you can talk to Razz to convince him the rest of the troops aren't bad. The response grays out, but you can continue to select it over and over again, gaining you around 100-160 XP every time. This lasts until you talk to Mags to end the quest.

WanderingWind said:
Found an exploit for unlimited XP.

When you're at Camp Golf, you get a mission to raise morale with "The Misfits." If you have speech over 40, you can talk to Razz to convince him the rest of the troops aren't bad. The response grays out, but you can continue to select it over and over again, gaining you around 100-160 XP every time. This lasts until you talk to Mags to end the quest.

I think I'll stick to using one exploit at a time. I particularly like being able to clean out merchants of all their caps and merchandise.

chiba

Looks like that steam patch fixed the cloud/auto/quick save bug, quick and autos aren't rolling back for me now when I reboot the game.

edit: second too slow;p

DSN2K

at least they are fixing the bugs now and not later! we could have ended up waiting a month for one huge patch(and still had problems).

Alucrid

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Comfy couch is whats wrong with you

My couch isn't comfy.

WanderingWind said:
You don't have a wired controller and/or your PC isn't hooked up to your TV.

You're right about the first one, but I do have the ability to hook it up to a TV. Plus I also have a 23" monitor.

WanderingWind

Alucrid said:
My couch isn't comfy.

You're right about the first one, but I do have the ability to hook it up to a TV. Plus I also have a 23" monitor.

Get a wired controller, hook that bad boy up, and never return. :D

pyros

my game unlocks in one hour, does the 2 patches, yesterday and today, help in anyway?

edit:question answered

DSN2K said:
just over 10mins till UK Steam Unlock :D
Seems to be unlocking around 2am UK time. No difference to me though, I got it retail (£6 cheaper)!

Snapshot King said:
I gotta say I'm honestly shocked Obsidian is fixing stuff so quickly.
They probably knew all about these problems before launch. But it's nice to see them come early all the same.

Luigi87

pyros said:
my game unlocks in one hour, does the 2 patches, yesterday and today, help in anyway?

First one fixes some bugged quests apparently.

Second one fixes a Steam Cloud bug that prevented Auto/Quick saves from working right, so this one is quite important.

Burger

From Bethesda/Obsidian:

As you may have seen, we released a patch over Steam for PC users last night. While we didn’t release a full changelist, the patch contains quest and scripting fixes. It’s not a minor hotfix, it contains over 200 fixes in all. We are in the final stages of testing this update on both 360 and PS3 and we hope to have them out to users very soon.

We are also pleased to say that we have just released a second fix for PC users to address the autosave and quicksave issues that some people were encountering. That particular issue was never seen prior to release and it was extremely difficult to reproduce reliably, even after the game had launched. In order to fix this problem we have had to disable Steam Cloud functionality. It has been turned off, and we won't turn it back on until we're absolutely sure it will not cause any more problems. Please restart your Steam client to make sure you get the update.

We are also working directly with hardware manufacturers to improve performance for certain video cards. This is a driver issue, and not directly related to the game.

On consoles, we are aware that a small group of 360 users are seeing a DLC warning which is preventing you from loading save games. We are absolutely looking into this bug now, along with other reports of save game corruption. It is our highest priority right now that we find out what is causing it. In the meantime, we recommend you save often, and revert to an older save if this occurs.

As far as general memory and instability, you should see an improvement once the patch goes live, but we are continuing to work on this based on user feedback.

We want everyone to know that we are monitoring the forums and cataloging every single issue we see reported. We’re reading forum posts, we’re checking Twitter, and we’re reading Facebook comments. We aren’t able to reply to most threads, but we’re listening. If we see an issue, we have people here trying to reproduce it so we can fix it.

While there are definitely legitimate issues out there, we wanted to take a moment to address a couple of things that have been reported as “bugs.”

The now infamous Doc Mitchell video, while very funny (and horrifying) was not a bug. Unfortunately during our launch day, there was a brief window where Steam was pushing out corrupt or incorrect files. In the event that a user wound up with a corrupt meshes.bsa file, they would get that error. It was easily (and instantly) corrected by simply re-validating your files with Steam. At most, a handful of people ever saw that issue, and even then, only for a moment before fixing it.

We have seen forum posts where people are claiming they are not getting all of their perks. Again, this is not a bug. In Fallout: New Vegas, you receive perks every other level, not every level as you do in Fallout 3.

And finally, a quick tip: Be aware of your faction status before assuming the game is broken. Factions will react very strongly to you based on your current armor. If you’re wearing Powder Ganger or Caesar’s Legion armor, you will be shot on sight by the NCR (and vice versa). Also note that there are groups of renegade Powder Gangers (known simply as “Escaped Convicts”) who will shoot you regardless of your faction status.

Please post any issues you are having to our forums and we’ll do our best to fix them as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

The Fallout: New Vegas Teams at Obsidian and Bethesda

chiba

WanderingWind said:
Yes. 250 for my current guy, don't know if that's universal or not.
k, is it listed when you open the inventory screen, or can you see it somehow? I'm using
Ed-e
atm, and its taken everything I've given it for awhile now and I can't find where it shows the weight limit.

edit: nm, I see it now. Its on the companion wheel. Be nice if it was on the actual trade box.

WanderingWind

chiba said:
k, is it listed when you open the inventory screen, or can you see it somehow? I'm using
Ed-e
atm, and its taken everything I've given it for awhile now and I can't find where it shows the weight limit.

When you open the wheel an point over to the "open inventory" piece, it'll list a number 43/250 for example. That should show you.

EDIT: d'oh

JohngPR

Just
saved Good Springs from the Powder Gangers

The best part was when
I stole their clothes and dressed up like them and then rolled up to their territory so they'd think I was one of them. I waited until the guy walked away from me while taking a drag from his cigarette before I cracked him in the back of his head with a baseball bat

LOL

The second paragraph isn't story spoilers, but game play spoilers I guess....I just blacked it out just in case

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Great news on the patches. It's a shame that they launched it with all those issues, but at least they've been prompt about getting it fixed.

Love this game. Hopefully I'll get the 360 patch before I run into any major problems, I've been lucky so far.

pyros

Luigi87 said:
First one fixes some bugged quests apparently.

Second one fixes a Steam Cloud bug that prevented Auto/Quick saves from working right, so this one is quite important.
thank you

the mods are sure coming fast for this game, being similar to fo3 helps I guess, only mod I'm interested in is fellout nv

pyros

Fredescu said:
New vegas doesn't have the same puke filter than FO3 did. The sky is actually blue!

Thats what I heard, but the author claims now there is an orange tinge, going to try out and see, wow, my game just unlocked

iammeiam said:
? Did you have high enough
repair or science? Even buffed with a magazine, I failed the skillcheck and so couldn't disarm the bomb, but it certainly looked like passing the check would have saved the monorail.
It doesn't.
Disarming the bomb gives you the prompt that you succeeded and everything, but once you step off the monorail, it leaves and blows up anyway. :lol So if you continue from that point you'll be receiving mixed messages in the Wasteland from then on (aka the radio broadcasts will say that it was destroyed and saved). The best solution is to just let it blow up or don't do the mission at all until a patch... :(

Celsior

Revolutionary said:
It doesn't.
Disarming the bomb gives you the prompt that you succeeded and everything, but once you step off the monorail, it leaves and blows up anyway. :lol So if you continue from that point you'll be receiving mixed messages in the Wasteland from then on (aka the radio broadcasts will say that it was destroyed and saved). The best solution is to just let it blow up or don't do the mission at all until a patch... :(
k thanks for that, saw that quest, decided to do it later :lol

Fredescu said:
New vegas doesn't have the same puke filter than FO3 did. The sky is actually blue!
I'm so glad to hear this. If I'm correct, there are no more long tunnels?

This seriously made me consider playing this game now. I can't stand the color palette in FO3.

Top Bottom