• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

Doing much better this week. Only guy that isn't doing much for me is David Wilson who I really should have benched but decided to give one more chance. Have a decent lead right now but that can easily change since the guy I'm against has his QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's and his TE playing right now. My best chance right now is for no more scoring in the Broncos-Giants and Bucs-Saints games. I have Nicks and Graham but he has Cruz, Welker, Julius Thomas, Brees, Martin and Sproles..

I'm desperate for receiving help in one of my leagues so I just proposed the trade:

Give up: Ryan Mathews
Get: Greg Jennings

The value seems decent to me, and it should help me a bit.

My current core (and ideal depth chart):

WR Roddy White(Injured) (1/2)
WR Reggie Wayne (2)
WR Lance Moore (4)
WR Malcolm Floyd (4)
WR Leonard Hankerson (5)

That WR core is just not good. If White was healthy I think I would be doing okay, but he's not. So it's not.

I can afford to give up Mathews because I have:

RB Marshawn Lynch (1)
RB Steven Jackson (2)
RB Arian Foster (2 until healthy)

Even with Jackson apparently hurt, I have three top guys.

My waiver pickup for now is dropping Hankerson for a guy like Moreno simply because the Washington offense looks atrocious right now.

So anyway, I don't even know if the trade is going to be accepted, but what does everyone think of it in the meantime? Is it going to help me much?

DSmalls84

I had Ray Rice and Eddie Lacy playing yesterday, but luckily Lynch had a monster game and I still managed to win. Any chance Rice or Lacy play next week? I'm going to be seriously hurting if I lose both of them.

I had Ray Rice and Eddie Lacy playing yesterday, but luckily Lynch had a monster game and I still managed to win. Any chance Rice or Lacy play next week? I'm going to be seriously hurting if I lose both of them.

Rice: Hip Flexor, so 50/50. There's a chance...
Lacy: Concussion, so nobody knows. Wait on practice reports.

Anyway, I know that feel. With MJD out I'm deciding between Tate vs. the Ravens (already starting Foster) and Moreno vs. the Raiders (who had a great game, but let's face it...13 carries)

That is fairly horrible; Jennings has 14 targets and not a lot of yards through 2 weeks, and with Ponder there his peak is low. That being said Mathews is basically as bad this season save for that I think he has a receiving TD. So you could do a lot better with waiver guys depending on your league - I'd rather start Edelman, Royal, Hopkins, etc.

That being said I agree Roddy should not be started unless you have to, Moore seems unstartable right now, Floyd is hurt, and Hankerson relies on junk time. I think you lose the deal but it's not completely horrible simply because of how ridiculously odd the Chargers offense is.

WedgeX

Banned
Welp. Was up against Marshawn Lynch in one league, and had him in another. Things turned out as you might expect. Alas.

Thank god for Beast Mode.

Kud0c8v.png

Up by 12 right now. My opponent has AJ Green going tonight and I have the Bengal defense. Hopefully Gentle Ben can throw a few INTs there way to clinch things for me.

LevelNth

Banned
So if Gronk is active this week, do I play him over Cook? I'm nervous about his first game and if snaps will be limited, however he has been in full pad practices for over two weeks already (will be 3 by Sunday) and with the Pats offense situation right now, it could turn into a crazy Gronk show...

That is fairly horrible; Jennings has 14 targets and not a lot of yards through 2 weeks, and with Ponder there his peak is low. That being said Mathews is basically as bad this season save for that I think he has a receiving TD. So you could do a lot better with waiver guys depending on your league - I'd rather start Edelman, Royal, Hopkins, etc.

That being said I agree Roddy should not be started unless you have to, Moore seems unstartable right now, Floyd is hurt, and Hankerson relies on junk time. I think you lose the deal but it's not completely horrible simply because of how ridiculously odd the Chargers offense is.

I just don't like anything about the Vikes offense besides Peterson. It's also so hard to find RB production right now, not that you gave up a stud

Well I decided to cancel the trade offer so that's that. I'm waiver priority #2 and my options are:

Danny Amendola
Eddie Royal
DeAndre Hopkins
Tavon Austin
Reuben Randle
Justin Blackmon
Ryan Broyles

And a bunch of other scrubs. Not that the guys above aren't scrubs too. I am the lowest scoring team in the league, in last place, and WR is probably my most glaring hole(outside of kicker and defense, but I'm fixing that via waivers this week as well. Hopefully).

So which of those guys do I go after? I could probably drop both Hankerson and Malcolm Floyd if I want to get two of the above, if anyone thinks they'd be improvements.

DSmalls84

With it sounding like ray rice and eddie lacy will be unavailable this weekend should I start gio bernard as my rb2 or try to get starks? I just don't think starks will have long term value so i will probably save my waiver and play gio.

Also ty hilton or emmanual sanders for my flex?

My rb depth is super thin this week .

Zeke

Need some advice should bench RGIII? I've got terrible QB's Eli and Rivers on the bench or should I ride with RGIII? Should I start Gresham over Finley?

Well I decided to cancel the trade offer so that's that. I'm waiver priority #2 and my options are:

Danny Amendola
Eddie Royal
DeAndre Hopkins
Tavon Austin
Reuben Randle
Justin Blackmon
Ryan Broyles

And a bunch of other scrubs. Not that the guys above aren't scrubs too. I am the lowest scoring team in the league, in last place, and WR is probably my most glaring hole(outside of kicker and defense, but I'm fixing that via waivers this week as well. Hopefully).

So which of those guys do I go after? I could probably drop both Hankerson and Malcolm Floyd if I want to get two of the above, if anyone thinks they'd be improvements.
I'd say go Royal and stash Amendola. Royal seems to be Rivers only viable option and who he keeps going back to and they play TN, I like him more than Hankerson. Amendola could be huge for you down the stretch if you can afford to stash.
With it sounding like ray rice and eddie lacy will be unavailable this weekend should I start gio bernard as my rb2 or try to get starks? I just don't think starks will have long term value so i will probably save my waiver and play gio.

Also ty hilton or emmanual sanders for my flex?

My rb depth is super thin this week .
Yeah I don't trust Starks for the long haul, gio probably makes more sense.

squicken

Need some advice should bench RGIII? I've got terrible QB's Eli and Rivers on the bench or should I ride with RGIII? Should I start Gresham over Finley?

Danny Amendola
Eddie Royal
DeAndre Hopkins
Tavon Austin
Reuben Randle
Justin Blackmon
Ryan Broyles

Check their waiver wire for Bradford and play Austin or Givens. Bradford is the #5 FF QB right now. STL cannot run the ball and I can't see it ever happening. Even in losses they will rack up slop yards

e: Finley over Gresham every day.

The press is going crazy but RG3 has been just fine so far, he's basically a great junktime QB as the 'skins fall behind quickly. If Shanahan ever tries the read offense again points can only go up.

Ha I've the same worry. I've been watching NFL Live and listening to podcasts and ever since the rain delay of the 9ers/Seahawks the new narrative is that RG3 needs to be benched and its spreading like wildfire. Its making me nervous. Honestly, I didn't think RG3 personally looked all that terrible on Sunday. Redksins terribleness is an accumulation of factors. It looked like the defense is the real problem. So I'm hoping the coaches realize that and give him more of a chance. It is disappointing though that he can't run. And he's wearing that hard plastic brace too so it would seem that running isn't even an option for him at this point.

Ha I've the same worry. I've been watching NFL Live and listening to podcasts and ever since the rain delay of the 9ers/Seahawks the new narrative is that RG3 needs to be benched and its spreading like wildfire. Its making me nervous.

Yeah, that was pretty ridiculous, but expecting quality commentary on the live broadcast is never a good move. RG3's throwing is rusty as hell, but his throws aren't what's putting the team down 40. The Washington Post said as much.

As it is he's still a top 10 fantasy QB thanks to the amazing junktime stats (Carson Palmer's career is built off of that stuff) and we can just hope that the read offense comes back into play later on.

Petrie

Banned
With the Weedon news, would you guys play Cameron or switch your TE to Olsen?

.5 PPR.

Would appreciate input on Powell or Ridley as well. Powell actually feels like the better play to me here.

hope32

Would you play Edelman, Lamar Miller, or Joque Bell (already starting bush if he's healthy) in the flex position this week? 0.5 PPR league. Starting WR's are megatron/m.wallace and starting RB's are reggie bush/darren sproles.

Thanks!!

Would you play Edelman, Lamar Miller, or Joque Bell (already starting bush if he's healthy) in the flex position this week? 0.5 PPR league. Starting WR's are megatron/m.wallace and starting RB's are reggie bush/darren sproles.

Thanks!!

Edelman. PPR monster right now as Amendola isn`t coming back this week. Last week he was 13/18 in targets, which adds 6.5 points in your league config.

I think Joique is a fine option though (Skins defense stinks) if you expect him to get touchdowns, but I think the yards are going to be random. Stick to Bell as the guy you sub in for Bush.

Petrie said:
With the Weedon news, would you guys play Cameron or switch your TE to Olsen?

Would appreciate input on Powell or Ridley as well. Powell actually feels like the better play to me here.

Olsen for sure. And I say this as a Cameron owner...

I ride Ridley until he is dust, just way too much chance that the Pats have a real rushing attack against the Bucs. I've propped up Powell here but his per-week fantasy points cap is what, 10? That's just not enough.

Petrie

Banned
How about Defense this week? New Enland is my keeper, but I grabbed Buffalo thinking I'd play that Jets matchup. Any others I should be eyeing? Who would you play?

squicken

How about Defense this week? New Enland is my keeper, but I grabbed Buffalo thinking I'd play that Jets matchup. Any others I should be eyeing? Who would you play?

I have the Colts and Patriots and just play the schedule. It's mostly the Pats but I'll use the Colts for their Jags and Titans games

Depends what's available. Bills are a good one for sacks and INTs. Broncos are going to destroy the Raiders, etc. I feel like the Titans may be an interesting sleeper this week...

DSmalls84

Depends what's available. Bills are a good one for sacks and INTs. Broncos are going to destroy the Raiders, etc. I feel like the Titans may be an interesting sleeper this week...

Looking at the point totals for the first few weeks I grabbed the Titans this week. Against a quality Def Rivers and Matthews can turn the ball over a good bit.

hope32

Edelman. PPR monster right now as Amendola isn`t coming back this week. Last week he was 13/18 in targets, which adds 6.5 points in your league config.

I think Joique is a fine option though (Skins defense stinks) if you expect him to get touchdowns, but I think the yards are going to be random. Stick to Bell as the guy you sub in for Bush.

You don't think Revis will have an effect on Edelman's receptions this week?

Thanks for the advice :)

UberTag

Brady fine, but if Andre Johnson ends up playing I say start him over Tate. I don't expect Seattle will need to throw the ball around much this week.
Seattle could field their backups and spank the Jaguars. Incidentally, this could be the week they take the training wheels off Christine Michael... but if he's a healthy scratch again this week against that level of competition I'd just dump him in any format outside of dynasty leagues.

DSmalls84

Seattle could field their backups and spank the Jaguars. Incidentally, this could be the week they take the training wheels off Christine Michael... but if he's a healthy scratch again this week against that level of competition I'd just dump him in any format outside of dynasty leagues.

Yeah and wasn't Turbin the back-up last week anyway? Michael seems like he is buried in too much depth to be rostered at this point.

this_guy

I'm desperate for receiving help in one of my leagues so I just proposed the trade:

The value seems decent to me, and it should help me a bit.

My current core (and ideal depth chart):

WR Roddy White(Injured) (1/2)
WR Reggie Wayne (2)
WR Lance Moore (4)
WR Malcolm Floyd (4)
WR Leonard Hankerson (5)

That WR core is just not good. If White was healthy I think I would be doing okay, but he's not. So it's not.

I can afford to give up Mathews because I have:

RB Marshawn Lynch (1)
RB Steven Jackson (2)
RB Arian Foster (2 until healthy)

Even with Jackson apparently hurt, I have three top guys.

My waiver pickup for now is dropping Hankerson for a guy like Moreno simply because the Washington offense looks atrocious right now.

So anyway, I don't even know if the trade is going to be accepted, but what does everyone think of it in the meantime? Is it going to help me much?

I wouldn't do that. I don't trust Greg Jennings to do much with Christian Ponder as his QB.

UberTag

Yeah and wasn't Turbin the back-up last week anyway? Michael seems like he is buried in too much depth to be rostered at this point.
Pretty much. Seattle is in "win now" mode and if they're content to treat Michael like a depth "project" to ease into the lineup when they could easily rest Lynch against the hapless Jags, he essentially has no fantasy relevance this year unless Lynch gets hurt and Michael outperforms Turbin when he's finally given some opportunities. Far too many "what ifs" to bother keeping him rostered.

You don't think Revis will have an effect on Edelman's receptions this week?

Not really, because a) Edelman is literally the only experienced option who can play and b) they showed in the last game that they would play him in different positions. The Pats spent an enormous amount of time last week finding ways to get Edelman room because he was literally the only guy catching the ball, and sometimes that meant threading the seam in triple-coverage.

Dobson and Thompkins will get the occasional target but as long as they keep dropping the offense has to go through Edelman. And if they make their catches? The coverage falls off and Edelman is open.

hope32

Not really, because a) Edelman is literally the only experienced option who can play and b) they showed in the last game that they would play him in different positions. The Pats spent an enormous amount of time last week finding ways to get Edelman room because he was literally the only guy catching the ball, and sometimes that meant threading the seam in triple-coverage.

Dobson and Thompkins will get the occasional target but as long as they keep dropping the offense has to go through Edelman. And if they make their catches? The coverage falls off and Edelman is open.

Alright you convinced me! Appreciate the advice.

8 man league

Have a guy with Aaron Rodgers, Michael Vick and RGIII

I have Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson and Tony Romo

I love Matt, but I really disliked what I saw from their OC and with White banged up and Steven Jackson and Gonzalez looking their age, I'm starting to wonder if his production might start slipping.

Would you guys move Matt Ryan and Steven Jackson for RGIII and Vick?

For him, he gets a decent upside RB2 and a more consistent/sure backup in Ryan for if Rodgers goes down.

I'm leading my lead pretty decently at this point so it's a bit of a gamble, but the best steals tend to take a little foresight and risk.

Top Bottom