• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

UberTag

Really?

Ok, then I need some advice Fantasy GAF, who's secondary will do worse?

The Ravens or Jags (I need to pick starting Andre Johnson or Golden Tate)
The Jags secondary will do worse.
You should still start Andre Johnson over Golden Tate.

8 man league

I have Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson and Tony Romo
Would you guys move Matt Ryan and Steven Jackson for RGIII and Vick?
Please tell me you can start 2 QBs in that league. 8 owners or not there's no good reason to own Romo, Russell Wilson, RGIII and Vick when you only field one quarterback.

What do you guys think of my pickups today ..

Andre Ellington RB Arizona
Coby Fleener TE Colts
Andre Roberts WR Arizona

Also, someone in my league dropped Golden Tate and Christine Michaels. Do you think I should make a play for one of them?

Lost my matchup by 1 pt ( thanks ray rice for the -.73 pts. Tried my best to catch up with cincy kicker and D but no dice. Bad enough I have to pick up Powell for insurance

What do you guys think of my pickups today ..

Andre Ellington RB Arizona
Coby Fleener TE Colts
Andre Roberts WR Arizona

Also, someone in my league dropped Golden Tate and Christine Michaels. Do you think I should make a play for one of them?

Michaels doesn't even seem to be on the active roster for games (although he might this week) and we're gonna likely run 50+ times this week so Golden Tate will barely get any touches.

Trent Richardson just got traded to the Colts for a 1st rounder.

Spectacular! So much more valuable.

Hardly need to say this but anyone with roster room should consider picking up McGahee immediately. And 16 teamers need to make sure Rainey and Ogbonnaya are owned, too.

Trade question.

They want Gore and Wayne for Trent Richardson. Worth it?

My WR:
Cruz, Victor
Garcon, Pierre
Hilton, T.Y.
Nelson, Jordy
Wayne, Reggie

I would say yes.

One more question - what about offering my Broncos DST for another dudes Knowshon Moreno?

My current RBs are LeSean McCoy, Eddie Lacy, Giovanni Bernard, Ben Tate, and Andre Ellington

They want Gore and Wayne for Trent Richardson. Worth it?

In theory, you're taking a risk. Gore will (probably) have better days and for all we know Richardson could be buried behind the Colts suspect offensive line. But with your receivers, I'd do it. Unless you don't have room to start it, you're basically getting the best player in the deal and turning a downturn 2nd round RB into a 1st rounder with questions.

(Besides; even in a 3WR league I'd have no problem rolling Cruz/Nelson/Garcon most weeks)

Maklershed said:
One more question - what about offering my Broncos DST for another dudes Knowshon Moreno?

My current RBs are LeSean McCoy, Eddie Lacy, Giovanni Bernard, Ben Tate, and Andre Ellington

Depends what kind of backup DST you can scrounge up...but given that your starters right now are McCoy and Tate (maybe Bernard depending how the chips fall) it's not a bad move.

In theory, you're taking a risk. Gore will (probably) have better days and for all we know Richardson could be buried behind the Colts suspect offensive line. But with your receivers, I'd do it. Unless you don't have room to start it, you're basically getting the best player in the deal and turning a downturn 2nd round RB into a 1st rounder with questions.

(Besides; even in a 3WR league I'd have no problem rolling Cruz/Nelson/Garcon most weeks)

Yeah, I should have given a bit more info. Standard league, points off of yards and touchdowns. Play with fractions.

My RB:

Bell, Joique
Gore, Frank
Jackson, Steven
Mendenhall, Rashard
Peterson, Adrian

2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex (WR, RB, TE)

For the most part, I would go Peterson, Richardson, and Jackson and rotating in whoever on WR.

UberTag

Make that deal, FallingEdge. Especially before the other owner realizes Trent Truck plays for a semi-competent team now.

Hardly need to say this but anyone with roster room should consider picking up McGahee immediately. And 16 teamers need to make sure Rainey and Ogbonnaya are owned, too.

I scrambled and grabbed McGahee and Rainey as soon as I found out. The move hurts me since I had A. Bradshaw as my RB3, though I don't need him for my flex. Hopefully one of those two have some sort of value.

DarkFlow

Banned
Okay, since Jackson is out for 2 weeks, I need to replace him for a bit. Picked up McGahee and Snelling of the wire today. Who should I slot in? I also have law firm, but fuck him.

UberTag

Okay, since Jackson is out for 2 weeks, I need to replace him for a bit. Picked up McGahee and Snelling of the wire today. Who should I slot in? I also have law firm, but fuck him.
Snelling has immediate value. Old Man McGahee will depend on whether he's in game shape and can deliver something from the feeble Browns offensive line without getting himself killed.

Dolphins have a legit run D so Snelling's value will be entirely TD-dependent in goal-line situations. I suspect one of either Rainey or Ogbonnaya will make some noise against the Vikings this weekend but good luck figuring out which one (I'd guess Rainey for now).

Dusty's got the right idea. I'd roll with the Law Firm over any of the above mess.

DarkFlow

Banned
If those are your options, I think you have to go with the law firm.

Snelling has immediate value. Old Man McGahee will depend on whether he's in game shape and can deliver something from the feeble Browns offensive line without getting himself killed.

Dolphins have a legit run D so Snelling's value will be entirely TD-dependent in goal-line situations. I suspect one of either Rainey or Ogbonnaya will make some noise against the Vikings this weekend but good luck figuring out which one (I'd guess Rainey for now).

Dusty's got the right idea. I'd roll with the Law Firm over any of the above mess.
Alright, if he puts up a goose egg, I'm coming for both of you. I can also grab woodhead if he would be any better.

UberTag

Anyone having second thoughts on the returning-from-suspension Josh Gordon now that the Browns are throwing in the towel on the season at Week 3 by announcing Brian Hoyer as their starting QB and dumping Trent Truck for draft picks?

Would you guys trade B. Pierce for S. Johnson? My RBs are Charles, Ridley, with Tate, Bradshaw and some Browns lottery tickets. At WR I've got Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, Steve Smith, with Josh Gordon and E. Sanders on my bench.

The guy that has Rice is obviously the one offering me the deal. I'm not planning on using Pierce, but if Rice is out for a stretch of time then he obviously becomes a starter for me. Should I just do it now and get a guy that I can play this week and for the foreseeable future? I just don't know what Pierce's value is right now.

12 team standard league, by the way. And I started 0-2 :(.

Anyone having second thoughts on the returning-from-suspension Josh Gordon now that the Browns are throwing in the towel on the season at Week 3 by announcing Brian Hoyer as their starting QB and dumping Trent Truck for draft picks?

It really makes me wish I would have gotten DeAndre Hopkins on waivers. I still have some hope. I think I bought in on him more because of Norv than Weeden. I'm glad I don't have to use him and can wait a few weeks to see how things in CLE go.

UberTag

The move hurts me since I had A. Bradshaw as my RB3, though I don't need him for my flex.
I suspect Bradshaw winds up back in G-Men country so Coughlin can continue to get his jollies spanking David Wilson. So his value will be elevated soon enough.

Having trouble deciding on my receivers. Pick 2:

Hakeem Nicks against a good front 7 but bad secondary.

Dwayne Bowe against a horrible defense but has a meh QB.

Eddie Royal against Titans who I have no idea about.

squicken

RG3 or Matt Stafford? They play each other.

Washington's bad defense leads me to lean toward Stafford.

I think any decent QB vs WAS defense is a safe play. I'd go Stafford

Should I start starting Eifert ahead of Rudolph at TE?

Gresham is still getting more snaps in CIN, and Ponder makes Rudolph boom bust. I guess I'd roll the dice on CLE laying an egg and play Rudolph, but it really is flip a coin

Having trouble deciding on my receivers. Pick 2:

Hakeem Nicks against a good front 7 but bad secondary.

Dwayne Bowe against a horrible defense but has a meh QB.

Eddie Royal against Titans who I have no idea about.

Royal just seems like a fluke right now. He's never done anything like this before

DarkFlow

Banned
Suddenly my Trent Richardson pick is looking amazing.

pUEy8s1.jpg

DSmalls84

I agree with squicken about royal. I was telling a friend the other day I thought it was a fluke. He has probably had more tds in two weeks than any single season. Don't trust him much at all and think a lot of people will be burned playing him after 2 strong weeks.

DSmalls84

Hopefully the trent signing doesn't reduce luck's workload to much. It seems like their oc this year wants to run more and might actually be able to do it consistently with trent.

UberTag

As much as Royal screams fluke, the reality is that Malcom Floyd is done for the next 4-6 weeks, Danario Alexander is done for the season and Gates is old. When Rivers keys in on someone, they have a tendency to prosper even if they're otherwise mediocre and right now he's keyed in on Royal.

While his TD pace can't be sustained, so long as he's getting James Jones-like targets in the red zone (to reference another average receiver) he'll continue to prosper. It's not like they want to give the ball to Mathews in that area.

Everyone expected these looks to go to Woodhead and Brown but so long as Rivers is keyed in on someone I wouldn't discount them... at least against subpar defenses like the Eagles.

I watched the Eagles game and Nate Allen is one of the worst safeties I've ever seen. He gifted Royal 2 of those TDs...

If teams actually put competent corners/cover safeties on Royal, he disappears... that's largely been his MO since he left Denver. The key is will teams bother to gameplan against him... with Gates looking he's he's not done all of a sudden, you never know. One thing for sure is Rivers doesn't seem interested in spreading it to the better playmakers Brown and Allen.

I'm gonna sit MJD in my flex spot. Who should I start instead (Ppr):
Coby Fleener
Brian Hartline
Santana Moss
Mike Williams

Staring RBs are Trent truck and run dmc

MBison

I'm gonna sit MJD in my flex spot. Who should I start instead (Ppr):
Coby Fleener
Brian Hartline
Santana Moss
Mike Williams

Staring RBs are Trent truck and run dmc

Mmmm kind of a crapshoot. Hartline maybe? Moss probably okay if you wanna gamble.

Help me:

Non ppr league, need rb2 since SJax is out:

Gio Bernard home vs Packers
James Starks at Cincy

1 per 15 rush/rec, not ppr, 6 per td.

Thanks!

UberTag

Looking for trade advice on an offer that's been sent my way in a 10-team standard league (where a 3rd RB/WR can play weekly by being flexed). Going to not state which team is mine for some bias-free perspective.

TEAM 1

RB

Lynch
CJ1K
Bernard
Wilson
Starks

WR

Julio Jones
Thomas
Wallace
Gordon
Shorts
Hopkins

TEAM 2

RB

Muscle Hamster
Charles
Sproles
Moreno
McGahee

WR

Cobb
Garcon
Givens
Tate
Floyd

The offer on the table is that Team 1 would get the Muscle Hamster in exchange for dealing Julio Jones and the underachieving David Wilson.
Which team benefits more from such a trade and, if that were to be my team, should I pull the trigger on the trade?

LevelNth

Banned
Looking for trade advice on an offer that's been sent my way in a 10-team standard league (where a 3rd RB/WR can play weekly by being flexed). Going to not state which team is mine for some bias-free perspective.

TEAM 1

RB

Lynch
CJ1K
Bernard
Wilson
Starks

WR

Julio Jones
Thomas
Wallace
Gordon
Shorts
Hopkins

TEAM 2

RB

Muscle Hamster
Charles
Sproles
Moreno
McGahee

WR

Cobb
Garcon
Givens
Tate
Floyd

The offer on the table is that Team 1 would get the Muscle Hamster in exchange for dealing Julio Jones and the underachieving David Wilson.
Which team benefits more from such a trade and, if that were to be my team, should I pull the trigger on the trade?
Don't trade the Hamster, it's too lopsided in the other team's favor if you do.

UberTag

Don't trade the Hamster, it's too lopsided in the other team's favor if you do.
In other words, if I'm being offered the Hamster in exchange for Julio and Wilson, I should pull the trigger on this deal before Muscle Hamster's owner thinks better of it and retracts the offer?

Gio Bernard home vs Packers
James Starks at Cincy
1 per 15 rush/rec, not ppr, 6 per td.

No fractional? Ouch. I like Bernard here more because he can run from farther out for a touchdown. You're very well looking at one guy getting 40 and a TD versus the other guy getting ~70 yards, which in your format heavily favors the guy with a better shot at touchdowns.

SonnyBoy

Guys, I could use your input. I have three quarterbacks available and would like to know who you would start.

Luck - He's my starer but I'm not expecting many points against SF.

Schaub - Baltimore's secondary is questionable, I could see him putting up points but also throwing some interceptions.

Alex Smith - He's been playing well and going against Philly will continue that trend. If Philly puts up a lot of points, he'll be forced to pass a lot.

I'm leaning towards picking up Alex tonight, what do you think?

Guys, I could use your input. I have three quarterbacks available and would like to know who you would start.

Schaub - Baltimore's secondary is questionable, I could see him putting up points but also throwing some interceptions.

Alex Smith - He's been playing well and going against Philly will continue that trend. If Philly puts up a lot of points, he'll be forced to pass a lot.

I'd go with Alex smith.

Smith

In a bit of a pickle, and I need some help:

- Frank Gore vs Ind
- Stevan Ridley vs TB
- Darren Sproles vs Ari

No idea who to choose as my RB2 (no flex, and Martin is my RB1). Any suggestions? 0.5 PPR, if that matters

MBison

In a bit of a pickle, and I need some help:

- Frank Gore vs Ind
- Stevan Ridley vs TB
- Darren Sproles vs Ari

No idea who to choose as my RB2 (no flex, and Martin is my RB1). Any suggestions? 0.5 PPR, if that matters

I like Gore in a bounce back game or Sproles.

Milabrega

Brent Celek or Jermaine Gresham at TE? There's nothing on Waivers at the position, Dallas Clark Kellen Winslow and Zach Miller top/only options there.

Uhh my RB2 situation is a mess this week. No Eddie Lacy and now Giovanni Bernard is listed as questionable (hamstring). All I have left is Ben Tate and Andre Ellington. :/

I need LeSean McCoy to go nuts tonight.

DSmalls84

I have rice, lacy, and bernard lol. Bernard looks minor and I think him and rice still have a chance to play...at least I'm hoping.

So what is the consensus on playing Richardson this week?

I've got Joique Bell, Alfred Morris, Maurice Jones-Drew, and T-Rich. I can play two of them.

I'm leaning toward playing Bell + one of Morris/Richardson. Bell because the Washington defense is hawrrible and Reggie Bush is apparently banged up pretty decently, so Bell should get quite the workload.

Morris has been underacheiving and I'm expecting an explosion sometime soon. Not sure when, but at some point. Every day this week I've gone in and switched Morris for Richardson and then the next day I'll switch back. I just can't decide
KuGsj.gif

Any help?

So what is the consensus on playing Richardson this week?

I've got Joique Bell, Alfred Morris, Maurice Jones-Drew, and T-Rich. I can play two of them.

I'm leaning toward playing Bell + one of Morris/Richardson. Bell because the Washington defense is hawrrible and Reggie Bush is apparently banged up pretty decently, so Bell should get quite the workload.

Morris has been underacheiving and I'm expecting an explosion sometime soon. Not sure when, but at some point. Every day this week I've gone in and switched Morris for Richardson and then the next day I'll switch back. I just can't decide
KuGsj.gif

Any help?

Morris/Bell

Top Bottom