• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

Teptom

If Spiller and Jones-Drew didn't suck this week, I would be pretty happy about this Romo-Witten tandem I have.

Hunter S.

lol, my autopick fantasy team is killing. And, my tight end has not even played. Crazy. Only Squicken is ahead in points.

Team got slaughtered, Tom Brady underperformed, Calvin Johnson underperformed, Trent Edwards underperformed...

and this week my opponent had Peyton Manning.

My team was supposed to be the stacked one!

Favored by 29 points this week, going to lose by 30+ without a miracle. Fucking Bowe and especially Wilson killed me. Only one skill player of the guy I'm against got under 10 points and he still has Foster left.

I kept Boldin on the bench but still have 133.45 points with my defense still to play tonight in a 12 man league. I love how crazy offenses went this week.

CrankyJay

Banned
Was getting a beatdown yesterday because Cecil Shorts and CJ Spiller were underperforming for me...and then my combo of Eli/Cruz/Carver saved the day...got a 33 point lead and I still have Alfred Morris and my competition has Vick.

I think I'm safe.

Great fantasy week for me, blew out my opponents in both money leagues and I haven't even finished in one of them with Alfred Morris still up. I was nervous about having Cameron Jordan as my starter for my 12 man but he really rewarded my faith :D Cook worked out great for my other two leagues. I'm also glad I made sure to get Bush in one of them.

As for the GAF league, just a bad week to go against Squicken. Peyton with a record game, Peterson with 3 TDs and Cameron to boot? Brutal. Didn't help that SEA played like shit so Wilson was a bust and Kap went off against the garbage Packer D. Next week I will bounce back!

Does anyone have any FF podcasts they'd recommend? I'd like to add 1 or 2 to my weekly subs.

Fantasy Football Underground (ESPN) is probably the most info-first one I can recall. Fantasy Focus is always there if you want the half-fantasy, half-nonsense but Underground actually does legit research and angles into players.

Hunter S.

I know NFL GAF members Wedge, JABEE, sQUiCKEN, Fox318 and Chuck are in the stragglers league. Any other stragglers care to give your team name so I can talk shit to you all season?!?

Edit: Team Mile High Sexy Asses

squicken

Great fantasy week for me, blew out my opponents in both money leagues and I haven't even finished in one of them with Alfred Morris still up. I was nervous about having Cameron Jordan as my starter for my 12 man but he really rewarded my faith :D Cook worked out great for my other two leagues. I'm also glad I made sure to get Bush in one of them.

As for the GAF league, just a bad week to go against Squicken. Peyton with a record game, Peterson with 3 TDs and Cameron to boot? Brutal. Didn't help that SEA played like shit so Wilson was a bust and Kap went off against the garbage Packer D. Next week I will bounce back!

Peterson had a good fantasy week 1 but I'm really worried about his season if that is what Ponder has in store for everyone. I know he rainbowed a couple deep balls to Simpson, but he is so limited. Hopefully it's just a function of Detroit having a good front 4

Man, I was so close to winning, but David Wilson just had to ruin it for me.

GSu6UTt.png

I know NFL GAF members Wedge, JABEE, sQUiCKEN, Fox318 and Chuck are in the stragglers league. Any other stragglers care to give your team name so I can talk shit to you all season?!?
You are in the 2QB league? Which team are you? It should be extremely obvious which one I am if you look at the team names now.
Peterson had a good fantasy week 1 but I'm really worried about his season if that is what Ponder has in store for everyone. I know he rainbowed a couple deep balls to Simpson, but he is so limited. Hopefully it's just a function of Detroit having a good front 4

Yeah he didn't get the yards he normally does but obviously 3 TDs masks that. Peterson is just that much of a monster though, he gets his regardless if teams stack the box. One of the few players a manager doesn't really have to worry about.

Doug Martin better step it up this week! To be fair, every top 10 rated RB pre-draft blew outside of Peterson although we haven't see Morris or McCoy play yet.

Hunter S.

You are in the 2QB league? Which team are you? It should be extremely obvious which one I am if you look at the team names now.

I edited my name in my post. No I still have no clue who you are. Squicken must be in all the leagues as he is a fantasy whore monger. I can never understand why more than one league is needed. Seems like you will win and lose in some just by mere chance alone. Like a flip of a coin.

squicken

Yeah he didn't get the yards he normally does but obviously 3 TDs masks that. Peterson is just that much of a monster though, he gets his regardless if teams stack the box. One of the few players a manager doesn't really have to worry about.

Doug Martin better step it up this week! To be fair, every top 10 rated RB pre-draft blew outside of Peterson although we haven't see Morris or McCoy play yet.

Really weird week for RBs. I'm curious if it's an anomaly or trend. Both SF and SEA had the opponent sell out to stop the run, and those are the two best running teams.

WedgeX

Banned

Edit: Team Mile High Sexy Asses

My Red Llamas are an unfortunate vote of confidence in Yahoo's autodraft. The auto draft team outdid my handpicked team yesterday, well, in terms of intraleague competitiveness.

I edited my name in my post. No I still have no clue who you are. Squicken must be in all the leagues as he is a fantasy whore monger. I can never understand why more than one league is needed. Seems like you will win and lose in some just by mere chance alone. Like a flip of a coin.
WAT? What team am I a fan of? Then look at the names haha
Really weird week for RBs. I'm curious if it's an anomaly or trend. Both SF and SEA had the opponent sell out to stop the run, and those are the two best running teams.

It's just week 1, man. Everything is topsy turvy and teams are rusty. One of the most probable weeks for upsets to happen. Virtually every game was down to the wire when there should have been some blow outs. Always a scary week for Survival leagues. Too bad for Lynch he has to try to bounce back against Niner D.

I can't believe I beat a guy that had Peyton Manning and AJ Green. Peterson, D. Thomas, and the Cowboys defense saved my ass. I scored a 169 points and still only won by 10.

centracore

What do you guys think of this trade: my Mark Ingram & Julian Edelman for his Rashard Mendenhall & Emmanuel Sanders?

I am leaning towards yes as I am currently sitting pretty at WR (A.J. Green, Julian Edelman, Jordy Nelson, Torrey Smith, Kenny Stills) and hurting at RB (DeMarco Murray, Daryl Richardson, Bryce Brown, Mark Ingram, Christine Michael, Stepfan Taylor). Standard scoring league.

DSmalls84

Currently have Demaryous Thomas, Mike Wallace, T.Y. Hilton and Emmanuel Sanders for receivers. My receivers are a lot worse than my RBs, so I'm loooking to make some improvements?

Should I drop T.Y. Hilton for Kenny Stills or hold him. Kind of worried about Wallace at this point.

What do you guys think of this trade: my Mark Ingram & Julian Edelman for his Rashard Mendenhall & Emmanuel Sanders?

Seems even. You got a starting running back in an offense that has to throw everything including the kitchen sink to win. Mendenhall doesn't have a lot of upside but he is at least the 3rd option after Fitzgerald and Floyd. Ingram could have value some weeks but others will be the 3rd RB in a system heavily slanted to the pass.

The Edelman/Sanders side is just too early to call. Edelman basically played the tight end role this week, but that could all change if Gronkowski comes back. Sanders has upside too but we're stuck waiting if the Steelers offensive line can recover or if it's going to continue its spiral to the league's worst.

Currently have Demaryous Thomas, Mike Wallace, T.Y. Hilton and Emmanuel Sanders for receivers. My receivers are a lot worse than my RBs, so I'm loooking to make some improvements?

Should I drop T.Y. Hilton for Kenny Stills or hold him. Kind of worried about Wallace at this point.

I wouldn't. Stills is just Devery Henderson, a roll-the-dice receiver. Hilton has proven talent and production. This is really just a week 1 thing; you need time to see how these offenses will shake out.

Blows that Amendola is out already....I drafted TY Hilton as insurance for my bench but it's clearly going to take a bit longer before he outshines Heyward Bey and gets a proper opportunity to produce. I'm trying to get Edelman but I have the lowest waiver priority so I doubt I'll land him.

Ooooh, Sweet Lord Baby Jesus.

That Vereen injury may have saved my fantasy season. Ridley's door has opened once again. Don't fuck it up this time, young man.

I had a terrible week, and a few dumb calls on my part gave me a 22 point loss to the new girl in the league. I'm so mad at Roddy White and Ridley.

Should I play Moreno (vs NYG), A. Bradshaw (vs Mia), M. Ingram (vs TB), or E. Sanders (vs Cin) in flex week 2? I'm sitting White till he shows he's healthy, and I've got Josh Gordon on my bench while he's suspended. I've got B. Pierce and B. Tate on my bench. Should I try and trade B. Pierce for Vereen?

Also, is M. Ingram droppable in 12 team leagues? I might try to put a claim in on Hartline.

squicken

What do you guys think about Bradford this season?

Fantasy Football perspective: They can't run the ball. couldn't in the preseason and didn't in week 1. Fisher and Schotty will be stubborn with it but unless Stacy or Cunningham become Alfred Morris, he will have to throw 35 times a game. They have some really tough games vs defenses that you should sit him against, but he's a good QB by committee guy

edit: RB is a wasteland. Best bet is to roster guys and hope they take over the the starters, though teams were so quick to abandon the run week 1, league might just go street ball

I had a terrible week, and a few dumb calls on my part gave me a 22 point loss to the new girl in the league. I'm so mad at Roddy White and Ridley.

Should I play Moreno (vs NYG), A. Bradshaw (vs Mia), M. Ingram (vs TB), or E. Sanders (vs Cin) in flex week 2? I'm sitting White till he shows he's healthy, and I've got Josh Gordon on my bench while he's suspended. I've got B. Pierce and B. Tate on my bench. Should I try and trade B. Pierce for Vereen?

Also, is M. Ingram droppable in 12 team leagues? I might try to put a claim in on Hartline.

That's a lot of RBs on the bench. But all good candidates to hold on to. I would drop Ingram I guess if I had to drop one of them. Flip a coin on the Flex. I guess Moreno but whoever you pick is just a crap shoot imo

There are tons of viable wide receivers to pick up. But there are no viable running backs to pick up. Alas.

funnily enough, the only reason I won the title in this one league last year was because the RB waiver-wire situation was so dire late-season (had to pick up a carolina RB, lost by 1 because of it, made the playoffs as a super-strong #3 instead of a superstrong #1 and had ridiculously good luck with matchups as a result)

on that note: 3-0 to start the year, and somehow still projected to make the super stragglers playoffs in spite of my weird fixation with stockpiling TEs

cashman

Banned
How for real do any of you guys think Leonard Hankerson is? Also do you see Pierre Thomas eventually taking over Ingram for the number 1 RB spot for the Saints?

How for real do any of you guys think Leonard Hankerson is? Also do you see Pierre Thomas eventually taking over Ingram for the number 1 RB spot for the Saints?
a) Z receiver in the Shanny offense doesn't usually see alot of targets, slotman (Moss) and X (Garcon) do. He's worth holding onto to see if his role expands the next week or two, but not starting now.
b) Saints won't do that unless an injury happens.

Hey fellas, a few lineup questions:

Yahoo standard scoring league, start two:
Arian Foster vs TEN / Steven Jackson vs STL / Marshawn Lynch vs SF / Ryan Mathews vs PHI

1PPR, start two:
Trent Richardson vs BAL / Alfred Morris vs GB / MJD vs OAK / Joique Bell vs ARI
and
Marques Colston vs TB / Eric Decker vs NYG / Roddy White vs STL

Leaning toward Foster/Jackson in the first, then Richardson/Morris and Colston/Decker in the second. Good calls? No?

Hey fellas, a few lineup questions:

Yahoo standard scoring league, start two:
Arian Foster vs TEN / Steven Jackson vs STL / Marshawn Lynch vs SF / Ryan Mathews vs PHI

1PPR, start two:
Trent Richardson vs BAL / Alfred Morris vs GB / MJD vs OAK / Joique Bell vs ARI
and
Marques Colston vs TB / Eric Decker vs NYG / Roddy White vs STL

Leaning toward Foster/Jackson in the first, then Richardson/Morris and Colston/Decker in the second. Good calls? No?

I think Foster/Jackson should be fine, wouldn't use Lynch on SF D if you have another decent option and you do. It keeps sounding as though White is banged up so if that remains the case going into the weekend you're probably better off looking elsewhere. If Decker is your best option then yeah, I think you have it all right.

WedgeX

Banned
Dang, managed to snag Joique Bell in one of my rb-strapped leagues via waiver. Feeling good about that team now.

Top Bottom