• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

So what is the consensus on playing Richardson this week?

I've got Joique Bell, Alfred Morris, Maurice Jones-Drew, and T-Rich. I can play two of them.

I'm leaning toward playing Bell + one of Morris/Richardson. Bell because the Washington defense is hawrrible and Reggie Bush is apparently banged up pretty decently, so Bell should get quite the workload.

Morris has been underacheiving and I'm expecting an explosion sometime soon. Not sure when, but at some point. Every day this week I've gone in and switched Morris for Richardson and then the next day I'll switch back. I just can't decide
KuGsj.gif

Any help?

Yeah, Morris & Bell would be my pick. I don't know how much Trent plays this week.

Charles made me a very happy man tonight. Now let's hope Ridley stops disappointing me.

I think I'm gonna be desperate for an RB2 on Sunday. Who should I start:

Andre Ellington or Ben Tate

And who would you take between Ellington and Tate if Mendenhall doesn't play?

VoxPop

Thanks guys. I'm just worried Doug Martin and VJax are gonna get shut down by NE defense. Also kinda wanted to play Murray as I see him going off against STL.

Mmm. I would probably go with Tate if they're planning on splitting carries between Ellington and Alfonso Smith. Tate probably has a much better chance of vulturing some goal line TDs.

Tate. No question. Great YPC on a team that likes to run. Ellington played on a quarter of the snaps last week and his TD came through the air.

Sure, the matchup (Saints) favors Ellington over Tate, but the Saints offense is such that the Cards could be down big at the half at which point you have to pray for passing touchdowns to your running back.

DarkFlow

Banned
Russel Wilson or Matt Schab? Wilson burned me last week putting up a whopping 14 points while Schab has been Avg about 30 points.

squicken

Russell Wilson

I think Schoob is the play. SEA will probably be pretty conservative now that they are missing key linemen. The coach at JAX is one of Pete's old buddies so he's not going to run up the score. Usually in high spread games with low O/Us, QBs don't score a lot

rando14

What do you guys think about Josh Gordon this week? He should be the Browns' first choice WR and their running game has taken a hit but obviously with Hoyer starting who knows.

What do you guys think about Josh Gordon this week? He should be the Browns' first choice WR and their running game has taken a hit but obviously with Hoyer starting who knows.

Your last two words sum up all fantasy analysis on the Browns this week. Hoyer could find junk time value...or play as bad as if he was on the Cards. McGahee could see instant value...or they could see 30 total team yards of rushing. Who knows?! Anyone playing Browns players this week is rolling the dice.

The best "guarantee" is actually just Jordan Cameron since checkdowns are a lock with fresh QBs.

DarkFlow

Banned
Your last two words sum up all fantasy analysis on the Browns this week. Hoyer could find junk time value...or play as bad as if he was on the Cards. McGahee could see instant value...or they could see 30 total team yards of rushing. Who knows?! Anyone playing Browns players this week is rolling the dice.

The best "guarantee" is actually just Jordan Cameron since checkdowns are a lock with fresh QBs.
This is why Cameron is my flex. Dude has been a beast for me so far. Jimmy Graham and him are my two headed te monster.

gutshot

Got a tough one this week. I'm already having to start Joique Bell as one of my RBs since Lacy is concussed (thankfully, Bell looks like a pretty decent play this week).

In the other spot, should I start Trent Richarson or roll with Gio Bernard? Obviously on a normal week I'd go with my #1 draft pick and not think twice, but who knows how involved he will be this week. It's such a weird situation. I don't think I've ever seen a player traded mid-season like this, let alone someone of Richardson's caliber.

kamspy

My RB2 situation is fucking horrible.

Any advice would be considered.

QB M Ryan / S Bradford - 90% sure going with Ryan
RB1 J Charles
RB2 R Matthews / M Jones Drew / B Powell - ?????
WR1 A Green
WR2 J Nelson / T Hilton / H Nicks - ??
TE G Olsen / J Finley / T Eifert - ?
FLEX - ?

RB1 J Charles
WR1 A Green
FLEX - ?
a) How big is the league?
b) What type of Flex rules?

Got a tough one this week. I'm already having to start Joique Bell as one of my RBs since Lacy is concussed (thankfully, Bell looks like a pretty decent play this week).

I'd have no problem rolling with Bell this week. I think the fantasy community would be shocked if there isn't 70 total points scored in the WAS/DET game.

gutshot said:
In the other spot, should I start Trent Richarson or roll with Gio Bernard? Obviously on a normal week I'd go with my #1 draft pick and not think twice, but who knows how involved he will be this week. It's such a weird situation. I don't think I've ever seen a player traded mid-season like this, let alone someone of Richardson's caliber.

Your options are basically:
a. Richardson in a horrible matchup with no knowledge of the offense, hoping for short range touchdowns
b. Bernard in an alright matchup, stuck in a timeshare but capable of scoring from the outside.

I think if you want 6 points, you roll with Richardson, knowing they do everything possible to get him a score. If you want anything more than that, you have to go Bernard. But it's a tough call.

RB1 J Charles
WR1 A Green
FLEX - ?

QB: Ryan - don't think there's any worry here
RB2: Mathews. MJD has the worst matchup, Powell is bleh
WR2: Nelson, no question
TE: Olsen
Flex: Probably Nicks. Hilton has to beat Nnamdi and company, MJD has to beat the seahawks at home.

I'd take the person going against the Redskins defense all day.

NOTE: For the people of this thread - always take my responses with a grain of salt as this is my first year watching football / playing fantasy football.

Week 1 McCoy - 184 yards
Week 2 Starks - 132 yards

kamspy

a) How big is the league?
b) What type of Flex rules?

10 Teams. Really standard rules.

QB: Ryan - don't think there's any worry here
RB2: Mathews. MJD has the worst matchup, Powell is bleh
WR2: Nelson, no question
TE: Olsen
Flex: Probably Nicks. Hilton has to beat Nnamdi and company, MJD has to beat the seahawks at home.

Thanks. Will consider Matthews. He hasn't made it off my bench yet, but MJD has been worse than terrible. Picked up Bilal this week on waivers. Seemed like the back who would get the most carriers of who was available to choose from. Let's hope Chris Ivory get's a terrible injury!

I can play anything in the FLEX. Ran with Finley and Olsen last week and it ended up being my best move for what I had. Might run two again this week.

One more either or question ...

A Giovanni Bernard who showed up on the injury report on Thursday but is going to start today or a perfectly fine Andre Ellington (assuming Mendenhall is confirmed to be out).

squicken

One more either or question ...

A Giovanni Bernard who showed up on the injury report on Thursday but is going to start today or a perfectly fine Andre Ellington (assuming Mendenhall is confirmed to be out).

Gio will get more touches than Ellington assuming Gio is healthy

Ok. That's who I have slotted in but I just want someone to talk my off the ledge from getting too cute with the line up. :b

BTW, do you guys ever find yourself with a handcuff player in your roster saying "Man I wish so and so would get hurt or something" and then you catch yourself and think .. wait a minute .. I don't want someone to actually be hurt!

What websites do you guys use to keep up with everything? And especially for game day - what do you use to see who is and isn't playing? I forget which guy I had last week (Leshoure maybe?) but he was healthy and they announced before they game that he was benched and listed as out. Thankfully I didn't have him active on the roster but still, I didn't find out about that till after the games started.

Also, do you guys listen to any FF podcasts? I've been listening to The Audible / Footballguys podcasts and ESPN Fantasy Focus. I trust the Footballguys with their info and predictions more while Fantasy Focus is a bit more entertaining.

squicken

What websites do you guys use to keep up with everything? And especially for game day - what do you use to see who is and isn't playing? I forget which guy I had last week (Leshoure maybe?) but he was healthy and they announced before they game that he was benched and listed as out. Thankfully I didn't have him active on the roster but still, I didn't find out about that till after the games started.

Also, do you guys listen to any FF podcasts? I've been listening to The Audible / Footballguys podcasts and ESPN Fantasy Focus. I trust the Footballguys with their info and predictions more while Fantasy Focus is a bit more entertaining.

I just follow Twitter for who is active an inactive. This guy is pretty good at tweeting out all the needed info

https://twitter.com/adamrank

I also listen to the Football Guys Podcast occasionally. Depends on the guests they have, usually

You mean a website like rotoworld?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Right now, my WR are Edelman, Andre Johnson, Marques Colston, and Larry Fitzgerald.

I've got Tavon Austin and DeAndre Hopkins on the bench today. Wise move? Should I switch one out?

Need feedback on a trade. Standard 10 man: my stevan ridley and marques colston for his arian foster?

Also I had josh gordan and gio bernard on my bench in that same league. The feels man :(

all those poor souls who believed the fantasy analysts pushing the vikings d this week

I benched Bengals D this week for Browns because they're they're good against the run and Aaron Rodgers doesn't usually suck. Only lost out on 4 points and I still won big (thanks Spiller) so I'm not upset.

DSmalls84

Got offered a trade of cam newton for andrew luck. Seriously considering it since it seems like the colts are more run first this year. Should I pull the trigger?

FantasyFootballGAF, I need your help!

My team:
Eli Manning
Marshawn Lynch
Bilal Powell
James Jones
Eric Decker
Tony Gonzalez
Jerome Simpson
Bills D
S. Gostkowski

Bench:
Ronnie Hillman
Vincent Brown
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon LaFell
Kenny Stills
Chris Ivory

I was thinking of shopping Lynch. Right now I have an offer for Lynch + Tannehill for Jones-Drew, Alex Smith and a WR of my choice being Steven Smith, Greg Jennings,Kenbrell Thompkins.

Or alternatively, I was thinking of offering Tony Gonzalez for Jordan Cameron instead of taking a freebie WR.

Should I make a trade?

edits: I'm a rookie, my team is 2-0 (going to be 2-1 on Monday), PPR league. 14 teams.

Very good week in some of my leagues. One league I already wrapped up the win and I still have 2 left(Manning and Welker). Thanks to Elite for scoring -5.21pts..lol

I'm 10 points up and my opponent has McFadden and Janikowski going tomorrow. It's a long shot, but if the Raiders can just Raider I might have a chance.

I'm honestly surprised its even close. I got fucking NOTHING from Ridley, Bowe and Eifert. Like 3 points total between the 3 of them. Thankfully his QB was Kaepernick, who shit the bed today to keep it close.

Bahaha blind biased luck may have let me tie this week in one of my leagues. In a 20 team league and my only TE was Zach Sudfield. I got rid of him and since I didn't know any of the other TE's left, I went and got Luke Willson since he plays for us. Ended up getting me 7 points. XD

21gh.png

FUCK. Was down 50, Antonio Brown and the Chicago defense almost won it for me. Biggest mistake: starting Daryl Richardson, not knowing he was inactive.

Top Bottom