• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

So Amendiola is pretty much out, right? No chance Belicheck is just being a prick about it and he will play? Damn these Thursday games. Guess ill be relying on TY Hilton again.

So Amendiola is pretty much out, right? No chance Belicheck is just being a prick about it and he will play? Damn these Thursday games. Guess ill be relying on TY Hilton again.
Yep he's out. TY was who I grabbed for when he inevitably was injured but I have to say the first week didn't instill confidence to put him in this week.
Denver D gives up a shitton of points to opposing TEs though. Denver is a bit stingier in that aspect.

This is a good point. Still, Giants have a few good WR options, Jets don't. I guess it comes down to how much you think NE D will shut down the Jets because if they don't, Winslow will surely get more looks.

Milabrega

Think I should start Kenbrell Thompskins or David Wilson at Flex in PPR? In my Non-ppr league I have the same question but with Mike Williams thrown in the mix.

My quandary for this week, with Amendola out, who should I put in his stead? I originally drafted TY Hilton for this inevitable development but he didn't inspire much confidence last week. I'm not worried about him for the season, but is he ready to produce this week? My choices are: TY Hilton or Michael Floyd as I already decided against Thompkins which ended up being the right call. Some fool dropped Decker for this week's defense match up so I plan on scooping him up tomorrow when he clears waivers.

Edelman turned out fantastic for my PPR leagues and coincidentally the one league I couldn't get him in due to waiver battles was standard where he had a dud game.

DSmalls84

Tom Brady is screwin with my fantasy points, think I should start Russell Wilson next week or give him another chance?

The patriots offense looked pretty terrible last night, so I wouldn't blame you for starting Wilson. If Gronk comes back though, I say give Brady another chance. His receivers were dropping a ton of passes, but with a few more reliable targets his production should recover.

DSmalls84

My quandary for this week, with Amendola out, who should I put in his stead? I originally drafted TY Hilton for this inevitable development but he didn't inspire much confidence last week. I'm not worried about him for the season, but is he ready to produce this week? My choices are: TY Hilton or Michael Floyd as I already decided against Thompkins which ended up being the right call. Some fool dropped Decker for this week's defense match up so I plan on scooping him up tomorrow when he clears waivers.

Edelman turned out fantastic for my PPR leagues and coincidentally the one league I couldn't get him in due to waiver battles was standard where he had a dud game.

Floyd would probably be the more reliable option as he seems to play more snaps than Hilton, but Hilton could have a few nice big plays to get you some points. I guess it just depends on if you are willing to gamble. Hilton seems more risky than Floyd to me though.

Floyd would probably be the more reliable option as he seems to play more snaps than Hilton, but Hilton could have a few nice big plays to get you some points. I guess it just depends on if you are willing to gamble. Hilton seems more risky than Floyd to me though.

Yeah Floyd is who I put in as soon as Amendola was reported to be out. TY had a big game against the Phins last year so I was flirting with putting him in and wanted more opinions since I'd prefer to see him get a good amount of targets before actually starting him. I know it's only a matter of time before Floyd gets TDs and he has the size to be a great red zone target. It won't be the Fitz show in the redzone every game. Decker is an intriguing option though I estimated he'd be the one to lose out in Denver before the season began and that was correct for week 1. I'll try to snag him and maybe wait to see how the Denver offense evolves through out the season.

DSmalls84

I have hilton as well on my team but haven't started him yet. I'm hoping by the time my bye weeks roll around him and giovani bernard get more touches. In 12 man leagues its tough to have quality depth.

I'm have hilton as well on my team but haven't started him yet. I'm hoping by the time my bye weeks roll around him and giovani bernard get more touches. In 12 man leagues its tough to have quality depth.

Ain't that the truth and in mine, it's ultra competitive and anyone that has a single good game is snatched up instantly. It's awesome to have real competition but it sucks that you can't let some high scoring no name prove himself a second week for consistency because someone will for sure snatch them up from that one possibly fluke performance. I remember missing out on Victor Cruz his eventual break out season because of this...live and learn.

DSmalls84

Ain't that the truth and in mine, it's ultra competitive and anyone that has a single good game is snatched up instantly. It's awesome to have real competition but it sucks that you can't let some high scoring no name prove himself a second week for consistency because someone will for sure snatch them up from that one possibly fluke performance. I remember missing out on Victor Cruz his eventual break out season because of this...live and learn.

My 12 man league has had the same members for about 5 years now and is super competitive. If anyone flashes any potential they are immediately gone the next waiver period. Makes drafting quality players and sleepers even more important. Really glad I gambled on eddie lacy when he wasn't the starter, its looking like that move will pay dividends this season. We having been looking at moving to a 10 man league just to improve roster quality though.

DSmalls84

... how? What, your benches have 10 people?

6 man benches but most bench players are still fringe starters like number 3 receivers or back up running backs. Not much to pull from the waiver pool. The quality of players in 10 man league teams seems to be way higher in my experience.

6 man benches but most bench players are still fringe starters like number 3 receivers or back up running backs. Not much to pull from the waiver pool. The quality of players in 10 man league teams seems to be way higher in my experience.

Truth. This is why I don't play 10 teamers, my sense of value gets skewed when after the waiver period you can still pick basically WR3/4s for nothing. Guys like Lance Moore basically become emergency-only players because the roster spot is always better used on a lottery ticket running back waiting on an injury.

12+6 works great; bench depth is important, waivers even more so. There are still guys to find on FA but you have to think ahead. Streaming defenses becomes more difficult too.

Likewise in No Quitters, lowering the bench helps to try and find that level. If it had 6 bench you would basically be deciding between Rob Housler and a second kicker by the end of your bench. Finding a bye week defense/kicker would become very difficult.

We miss you in the NQ league Crazymoogle!
Likewise in No Quitters, lowering the bench helps to try and find that level. If it had 6 bench you would basically be deciding between Rob Housler and a second kicker by the end of your bench. Finding a bye week defense/kicker would become very difficult.
Hell, we hate Rob Housler so much no one even has picked him up. And we have WR/TE Flex!

yes I know he's hurt

DSmalls84

Don't know anyone who does 16 team . More power to you guys though, no doubt it is super competitive. Do most people in 16 man still draft rbs early or do they try to get a stud qb like rodgers or brees to mitigate risk?

Don't know anyone who does 16 team . More power to you guys though, no doubt it is super competitive. Do most people in 16 man still draft rbs early or do they try to get a stud qb like rodgers or brees to mitigate risk?

Both. In a 16 teamer if you don't pick QB early enough your starter could be Palmer, so most teams pick based on value, and that can mean going QB 1st or 2nd

You guys can boast about high manager leagues but I consider it boring having guys that score less than 10 pts regularly on the roster. Don't pretend your bench isn't full of them at 16. I think 12 is the sweet spot. If you have at least a handful of knowledgeable managers it can be really competitive and you can still get stuck with trash from the wire if enough injuries hit.

On another note, what do you guys think between Cook and Julius Thomas this week? Cook earned another week but Julius has great opportunities with the Giants missing their safety and having other secondary concerns. Thinking about putting him in for this week.

I think longterm the RB/RB draft is the best option, especially with good QBs going mid round (5th-6th) and risk/reward guys (Bradford/Palmer/Big Ben/Weeden) going later. Unfortunately I didn't follow that, 15th pick and I went Juilo Jones/Reggie Bush.
On another note, what do you guys think between Cook and Julius Thomas this week? Cook earned another week but Julius has great opportunities with the Giants missing their safety and having other secondary concerns. Thinking about putting him in for this week.
Cook.

DSmalls84

You guys can boast about high manager leagues but I consider it boring having guys that score less than 10 pts regularly on the roster. Don't pretend your bench isn't full of them at 16. I think 12 is the sweet spot. If you have at least a handful of knowledgeable managers it can be really competitive and you can still get stuck with trash from the wire if enough injuries hit.

I like Thomas because he plays on a better team but at the same time he will probably get less looks because of it. The thing that worries me about Cook is that he seemed to have big games with the Titans one week and not show up the next. I'm leaning Thomas just because I think the match up will produce a lot of passing yards. Denver's run game didn't look great last week. Honestly both seem like good starts though.

goober

Should I start Mike Wallace vs the Colts or Miles Austin vs the Chiefs? This is my flex position.

Also, Kaepernick vs Seattle or Vick vs the Chargers?

squicken

Cook will be consistent RZ target for STL. It's unclear if Thomas will be the same for Peyton since they have so many guys

Who should I start this weekend - RG3 or Carson Palmer? RG3's performance last week makes me nervous. And Cardinals being at home is promising.

Also, should I drop Fred Davis to pick up Dallas Clark as my TE2?

squicken

Who should I start this weekend - RG3 or Carson Palmer? RG3's performance last week makes me nervous. And Cardinals being at home is promising.

Also, should I drop Fred Davis to pick up Dallas Clark as my TE2?

Stay away from Dallas Clark. I'd give the Redskins a couple more games before panicking. Palmer or RG3 is tough. I'd go Palmer until the Redskins let RG3 start running again

DarkFlow

Banned
So I'm in a pickle. I really don't have any good RB's other then my main 2 of T-Richardson and Jackson. I have law firm who I was using as my flex guy, but really, he sucks. So this week I'm using Jordan Cameron as my flex since I already have Graham as My TE. Think this is a good idea, or should I just stick with Law firm and a RB.

DSmalls84

So I'm in a pickle. I really don't have any good RB's other then my main 2 of T-Richardson and Jackson. I have law firm who I was using as my flex guy, but really, he sucks. So this week I'm using Jordan Cameron as my flex since I already have Graham as My TE. Think this is a good idea, or should I just stick with Law firm and a RB.

Go with Cameron. He looks super involved in the Brown's offense and had been a red zone target. I don't see Green-Ellis going over 10 points unless he punches one in the end zone. Also doesn't really ever have big plays.

Does anyone else have a problem logging into espn's fantasy football page on firefox? Sometimes it'll log me out and when I click on sign in it'll tell me I have to allow cookies to sign in .. but I do allow cookies. And my no script isn't blocking anything for the fantasy site.

Does anyone else have a problem logging into espn's fantasy football page on firefox? Sometimes it'll log me out and when I click on sign in it'll tell me I have to allow cookies to sign in .. but I do allow cookies. And my no script isn't blocking anything for the fantasy site.
Try chrome.

Stay away from Dallas Clark. I'd give the Redskins a couple more games before panicking. Palmer or RG3 is tough. I'd go Palmer until the Redskins let RG3 start running again

ESPN Redskins writer John Keim reports third-round TE Jordan Reed "will continue to play and get more time."

Reed played 24 snaps in the opener, while Fred Davis started and played 51. Reed was much more active in the passing game, reeling in five of his six targets for 38 yards. His blocking has also improved since entering the league. Keim believes Reed could eventually cut even more into Davis' snaps because the "coaches really like him." Reed is a poor man's Aaron Hernandez.
Can I start panicking now as a Fred Davis owner? It looks like they want to move on from Davis, who's on a 1-year deal. Davis is running well and looks to be in better shape than his pre-ACL injury time, I dunno why they seem to be devaluing him. He arguably has the 2nd best hands behind only Garcon on the team. Skins also don't run alot of 2 TE sets.

I would have panicked already. Davis may be healthy but he was gone so long as to be kept out of the offense. RG3 has spent his time with other guys on the roster, and if Reed's blocking continues to be in favor Davis may rarely see the field.

Davis may have better hands but this offense is about protecting RG3 first.

I would have panicked already. Davis may be healthy but he was gone so long as to be kept out of the offense. RG3 has spent his time with other guys on the roster, and if Reed's blocking continues to be in favor Davis may rarely see the field.

Davis may have better hands but this offense is about protecting RG3 first.
That's the weird thing: I remember Davis being an ok blocker, not amazing but won't get a QB killed. Reid came into the league as not great at blocking, how much did he improve? I mean Davis was arguably one of the best young TEs in the game two years ago. Reid must've been a stud in college.

rando14

What are yall thoughts on roddy white? Looks like he has an upper ankle sprain but apparently he's playing this week

Rams corners suck but Roddy was really hobbled last week. Dunno why they are playing him on a high ankle sprain
Keeps team from running bracket coverage on Juilo/Tony G. Teams should do it anyway and dare a hobbled Roddy to beat them.

The real issue is Fitz... I think he's out.

Talon

What are yall thoughts on roddy white? Looks like he has an upper ankle sprain but apparently he's playing this week
He won't be himself til the Pats game. He can still sort of cut on it - he had a nice comeback per usual last week - but his game is predicated on route running and timing.

Nori Chan

I'm scared of Mike Wallace. He shat the bed last week, but I don't have much to replace him.

My WR:
Marques Colston
Mike Wallace
Vincent Brown
James Jones
Tavon Austin

I'm using Brown at the flex, and I was thinking about replace him with Rivers after his hot start monday. I picked him off the WW.

PLeAqpP.png

This impressive bunch is my team. What should I do?

Jerome Simpson vs a good Bears D or DHB versus an okay Miami D, but with a clearly better QB?

I have no clue what to do with Pead. Should I start Woodhead instead or is Brandon Jacobs getting any (goal line) carries of value against Denver or will it be pass blocking only?

squicken

PLeAqpP.png

This impressive bunch is my team. What should I do?

Jerome Simpson vs a good Bears D or DHB versus an okay Miami D, but with a clearly better QB?

I have no clue what to do with Pead. Should I start Woodhead instead or is Brandon Jacobs getting any (goal line) carries of value against Denver or will it be pass blocking only?

I would play Woodhead in place of Pead. I don't think Jacobs will play much.

Looks like Larry Fitzgerald will try and play today. Can't imagine he'll be too effective but he's at least going to play. Same with Julio Jones and Roddy White

squicken

Apparently Soldier Field got torn up by a college game yesterday and will be a muddy mess today. Make sure you adjust your fantasy team accordingly.

edit: Miles Austin

Top Bottom