• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

21gh.png

FUCK. Was down 50, Antonio Brown and the Chicago defense almost won it for me. Biggest mistake: starting Daryl Richardson, not knowing he was inactive.
I think Daryl hurt himself on the first series. I also started him in my league

Eli was done in by his line and Reggie Bush injury forces me to start Willis McGahee... but I got 31.76 from Antonio Brown!

... but I didn't start him...

*Vegeta9000.jpeg*

Petrie

Banned
I had Cameron and Gordon sitting on my bench this week.

Not trusting the Browns sure hurt me.

Should've played Powell over Ridley. Not to mention trusted the New England Defense to come up instead of grabbing Buffalo.

Bad decisions screwed me this week. Damn.

squicken

Same. Had Cameron and Gordon on the bench while Nicks and Finley did nothing. It was the right decision at the time but it sure blew up in my face.

LevelNth

Banned
I had Gordon on my bench as well, like I'm sure 95% of people. He's a must start IMO moving forward. Hoyer has a good enough mid and long ball, and Gordon just gets open like crazy. He's terrific.

Petrie

Banned
Same. Had Cameron and Gordon on the bench while Nicks and Finley did nothing. It was the right decision at the time but it sure blew up in my face.

I had Gordon on my bench as well, like I'm sure 95% of people. He's a must start IMO moving forward. Hoyer has a good enough mid and long ball, and Gordon just gets open like crazy. He's terrific.

I'm just not sure who I'll bench to start Gordon. I have Fitz, Wallace, V.Jax, and Welker in my lineup currently, so it's a good problem to have. I need to find a way to deal some of them I guess?

rando14

Didn't start Gordon but I DID start Antonio Brown and Jordan Cameron, so everything went better than expected I guess

I'm just not sure who I'll bench to start Gordon. I have Fitz, Wallace, V.Jax, and Welker in my lineup currently, so it's a good problem to have. I need to find a way to deal some of them I guess?

Fitz will be facing Darrelle revis next week, V Jax might have a rib injury, so maybe Wallace/Welker/Gordon next week?

Petrie

Banned
Fitz will be facing Darrelle revis next week, V Jax might have a rib injury, so maybe Wallace/Welker/Gordon next week?

I guess having receiving depth is useful sometimes. Gordon and Cameron definitely won't be sitting, that much is certain.

DSmalls84

Damn I got lucky last night. Terrible game for my team (I have Ray Rice and Eddie Lacy) and so far I have 68 points with Demaryous Thomas left to go. Luckily my opponents whole team scored 62. Awful game but I'll take the win. My team needs to get healthy since I'm off to a 3-0 start!

I had Cameron and Gordon sitting on my bench this week.

Not trusting the Browns sure hurt me.
The thing that pissed me off is I thought I had just acquired Gordon in a trade, but it was canceled because the owner really didn't trade him (Yahoo! FF app fucked up). Then the Gordon owner also sat him whereas I would've started him. FACK!

Starting DeAndre Hopkins at the Flex over Brown seemed like a good idea, Brown was facing a killer matchup and with Johnson facing LaDarius Webb I figured Hopkins would rack up targets... I forgot one important thing: DTS.

Don't
Trust
Schoob

I believed in Cameron and he rewarded me for my faith :)
Well it really made no sense to not believe Cameron; Hell Gordon makes things easier for Cameron. With Josh running the deeper routes it leaves the middle open, plus another electric threat on the field hamstrings the D.

Petrie

Banned
I think it was the 3rd string QB that gave people doubts. Had it just been Gordon coming back Cameron would've stayed in for me for sure.

Yep, Hoyer is the reason not everyone kept faith. Hoyer didn't seem too bad in his limited time with us and I liked the new looks Cameron would get with Gordon back in there. It was definitely a gamble as not every QB treats TEs the same. I feel pretty comfortable with him going forward regardless who's under center now. I kinda wanted too keep Hoyer over Stanton but Stanton knows Arians system so I understood it. I always thought we were going to intentionally tank until we signed Palmer.

Wes

venison crêpe

Consider me part of the 5%.

q6XJFjB.jpg

Although starting both Gordon and Cameron, that's probably some kind of rollover.

squicken

Hoyer targeted Gordon 19 times. He's either a weak WR 1 or strong WR 2 at this point. A great roster stash for us loser bros who didn't start him

UberTag

Hoyer targeted Gordon 19 times. He's either a weak WR 1 or strong WR 2 at this point. A great roster stash for us loser bros who didn't start him
It's important to understand WHY Gordon was targeted 19 times.

The Browns were showing him off to prospective buyers so they could move him for picks and tank the rest of the season (although they'll have to work extra hard to lose to Jacksonville on Week 13 now that they've stumbled their way into a win).

It's foreseeable that Gordon could get dealt to a team with inconsistent or poor quarterbacking like Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City or the Jets and his fantasy value to be reduced precipitously.

Cameron hasn't been linked to any trade talks so he should remain viable for the Browns the rest of the way.

It's important to understand WHY Gordon was targeted 19 times.

The Browns were showing him off to prospective buyers so they could move him for picks and tank the rest of the season (although they'll have to work extra hard to lose to Jacksonville on Week 13 now that they've stumbled their way into a win).

It's foreseeable that Gordon could get dealt to a team with inconsistent or poor quarterbacking like Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City or the Jets and his fantasy value to be reduced precipitously.

Cameron hasn't been linked to any trade talks so he should remain viable for the Browns the rest of the way.
On the flipside, he was targeted 19 times because the other WRs are Greg "Sir DropsALot" Little, Davone "5 Yards and Down" Bess, and Travis Benjamin (who is not bad but got hurt in that game). Add to the fact the running game is a work in progress, they were down quick, and it's a 3rd string QB you're going to target your best options ALL DAY EVVRY DAY.

My match up is tight. I have Broncos D left to play and the other guy has Knowshon Moreno and Broncos kicker. I have 173 right now - 208 when the game begins (35 for defense to start) and he has 150. Feeling very nervous about this. Hoping the Broncs D can put up a stone wall. (this is PPR league)

squicken

Fuck you Peyton anyone but Decker!! Denver games are basically Peyton lording over thousands of leagues as he decides which WR to throw TDs too

holy shit I might pull this out thanks to the Raider ineptitude. I can just see myself losing on some garbage time dump off to McFadden though.

-Kees-

Had Moreno, D Thomas and the Denver D. Stressful as hell because I was projected to win by at least 20 but I'm tied or down by a point or 2 in the 2nd half because Moreno for some reason didn't see the field in the 2nd half and the goddamn D couldn't get a turnover. They stop them on that 4th down but I still need a point or 2 to go up. Thankfully Thomas gets a catch and that put me up and I'm sure they're gonna run out the clock but for some reason Montee Ball is still getting carries and his dumbass fumbles and now I'm sure they're gonna get a garbage TD and I'm going to end up losing. They end up getting it but it only counts for minus 1 point so I win by .8 points. Now 3-0 and I'm the defending champ.

Most stressful week of FF since a few years ago when I lost by 1 point because of an AP fumble on MNF.

This trade is probably terrible for me and I doubt the guy accepts but oh well. Guy is looking for a running back since Bush and Lacy are injured for him. I'm desperate for decent WR's since mine have been shit. I'm offer Dwayne Bowe (fuck any deep threats from captain checkdown 2.0), Alfred Morris and David Wilson for his Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins and Eddie Lacy. I have LeSean McCoy starting and then either Ryan Mathews or Ben Tate as my other RB this week depending on Foster's injury. Thoughts?

sangreal

I think he would be crazy to accept that deal. Bowe and Wilson have no trade value right now (sucks, I have them too). Bush will be back this week and lacy is on bye anyway

Good steal for you if he goes for it though

squicken

This trade is probably terrible for me and I doubt the guy accepts but oh well. Guy is looking for a running back since Bush and Lacy are injured for him. I'm desperate for decent WR's since mine have been shit. I'm offer Dwayne Bowe (fuck any deep threats from captain checkdown 2.0), Alfred Morris and David Wilson for his Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins and Eddie Lacy. I have LeSean McCoy starting and then either Ryan Mathews or Ben Tate as my other RB this week depending on Foster's injury. Thoughts?

That's a bad trade for you. Find a way to package Tate and Matthews for a WR. Someone in your league has to need a guy like Tate. Don't give up Wilson or Morris

Really don't want to give up Tate since he'll be my flex if Foster doesn't play. Think I'm gonna cancel the trade anyway. Was 2nd overall in points this week but just irrational since I got 3 points from 3 receivers.

LevelNth

Banned
So Week 4 predicament with Gronk. My other TE is Cook, playing Thursday against the Niners. I don't particularly care for that matchup, even with Willis likely out. Just think the Niners are going to be in desperation mode on all fronts, and Cook has been suspect the last two weeks.

Buuuut, what if Gronk doesn't play? I'm thinking maybe I should pick up Clay on the Dolphins for the Monday nighter as an emergency insurance... What do you guys think? Start Cook or go Gronk with Clay as a failsafe?

DSmalls84

So Week 4 predicament with Gronk. My other TE is Cook, playing Thursday against the Niners. I don't particularly care for that matchup, even with Willis likely out. Just think the Niners are going to be in desperation mode on all fronts, and Cook has been suspect the last two weeks.

Buuuut, what if Gronk doesn't play? I'm thinking maybe I should pick up Clay on the Dolphins for the Monday nighter as an emergency insurance... What do you guys think? Start Cook or go Gronk with Clay as a failsafe?

Gronk. Cook over the past several years always had a few big games each year and then disappeared for long stretches of time. I wouldn't start him as long as Gronk is on the field.

linkboy

Damn, I just looked at my roster this week and I'm pissed.

I've got Kaepernick and Stafford as my QBs. Colin has been stinking it up this week, so I decided I would go with Stafford (especially since I have Calvin Johnson, which will also cancel me out as well). Man, I fucked.

Then I saw the Lions are playing the Bears, who are my defense.

Colin better show up this week.

That was close - won this week's game by 5 points last night. Thank you Broncos D for holding the Raiders back and thank you offensive coordinator for rotating Hillman, Ball, and Moreno. Good thing too that Moreno lost the rock, paper, scissors game or I would've lost.

I need some advice. Which position does it look like I need a pick up most in (if any). RB or WR?

RB: Lesean McCoy, Giovanni Bernard, Eddie Lacy, Andre Ellington, Ben Tate

WR: Calvin Johnson, Pierre Garcon, Kendall Wright, and Andre Roberts (and stashing Percy Harvin just in case)

Who I'm considering picking up if you guys think I need an RB
Brandon Bolden
Jonathan Franklin
Marcel Reece

Who I'm considering picking up if you guys think I need an WR
Donnie Avery
Santonio Holmes
Stephen Hill
Ted Ginn
Ryan Broyles
Jason Avant

What do you guys think? And are any of these guys worth losing my #1 waiver wire order to acquire?

Also I'm open to other names that might be on the wires.

EDIT: Also, Jonathan Stewart is scheduled to be back in week 7. All my RBs bye weeks are after week 7. Is Stewart worth a stash now to fill in my bye week holes?

EDIT 2: Is Ronnie Hillman worth a pick up?

EDIT 3: My QB bye week is week 5. Should I dump Carson Palmer and try to snag Geno Smith?

I need some advice. Which position does it look like I need a pick up most in (if any). RB or WR?

Helps if you state how many teams and the positions in your league. I'll assume 12 team, QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/Flex/TE/K/DEF

Ellington, Wright, and Roberts are all droppable, and I rank them in that order. Harvin is also droppable but if you believe (as he does) that a week 7 return is possible, he's a high upside lottery ticket.

So your starting lineup is (usually) McCoy/Lacy/Megatron/Garcon with Bernard at flex. You clearly need WR the most since your WR flex/bye options are basically waiver pickups.

Nobody on your wire is worth the #1 spot. I'd hold onto it, because your depth is so thin that you will need that "obvious" waiver guy when it happens. Plus, since there's so much trash you can just take some of it during free agency.

WR: Holmes and Hill are somewhat legit. The Jets have a good defense, and if Geno holds up one or both could be WR3s. But they will be inconsistent.

I like Broyles after that (he's now the second WR on the team thanks to Burleson's break) and then Avery or Ginn who have virtually no catches and are just deep threats.

RB: Bolden's stock is rising as he's basically Shane Vereen. Franklin had a good game but also lost the game for the Packers and it's a bye...so I think he's worth picking up as a FA but Lacy has two weeks to heal up. Hillman's touchdown was in junktime as the result of winning a rock-paper-scissors contest, so I don't think you can trust in him at all. Stewart is done as far as I'm concerned.

QB: I like Geno Smith more than Palmer right now - the Cardinals have a brutal schedule coming up - but he's still very speculative.

Top Bottom