• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

Helps if you state how many teams and the positions in your league. I'll assume 12 team, QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/Flex/TE/K/DEF

Ellington, Wright, and Roberts are all droppable, and I rank them in that order. Harvin is also droppable but if you believe (as he does) that a week 7 return is possible, he's a high upside lottery ticket.

So your starting lineup is (usually) McCoy/Lacy/Megatron/Garcon with Bernard at flex. You clearly need WR the most since your WR flex/bye options are basically waiver pickups.

Nobody on your wire is worth the #1 spot. I'd hold onto it, because your depth is so thin that you will need that "obvious" waiver guy when it happens. Plus, since there's so much trash you can just take some of it during free agency.

WR: Holmes and Hill are somewhat legit. The Jets have a good defense, and if Geno holds up one or both could be WR3s. But they will be inconsistent.

I like Broyles after that (he's now the second WR on the team thanks to Burleson's break) and then Avery or Ginn who have virtually no catches and are just deep threats.

RB: Bolden's stock is rising as he's basically Shane Vereen. Franklin had a good game but also lost the game for the Packers and it's a bye...so I think he's worth picking up as a FA but Lacy has two weeks to heal up. Hillman's touchdown was in junktime as the result of winning a rock-paper-scissors contest, so I don't think you can trust in him at all. Stewart is done as far as I'm concerned.

QB: I like Geno Smith more than Palmer right now - the Cardinals have a brutal schedule coming up - but he's still very speculative.

Thanks for the advice.

And my league is 12 man PPR. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, DST, K. No flex.

LevelNth

Banned
Just offered someone Jared Cook and DeAngelo Williams for Charles Clay and Pierre Garcon. Waiting to hear for the reply.

I have Gronk and need Clay for emergency this weekend, and I want to sell high on DeAngelo and need WR help more than I do RB.

If he declines I'm going to ask for Colston instead of Garcon. Thoughts?

VoxPop

Need some help on my lineup for week 4! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dKrRD2E.png

EZh0x35.png

Someone in my league just traded Roddy White and Alfred Morris for Joique Bell and Julian Edelman.

WTF.
Not as terrible as it sounds, but he's not doing his research. White is still dealing with the high ankle sprain, but by all indications he may finally be 100% in 2-3 weeks. Joique Bell can still put up double-digit points even with a healthy Reggie Bush around, but Edelman's value isn't going to remain high with Gronk and Amendola coming back. Heck, his targets have already started dropping as Thompkins and Dob Son get up to speed. It depends what his team is like and record, but it sounds like he's too high on Edelman and not high on Morris.

Petrie

Banned
Not as terrible as it sounds, but he's not doing his research. White is still dealing with the high ankle sprain, but by all indications he may finally be 100% in 2-3 weeks. Joique Bell can still put up double-digit points even with a healthy Reggie Bush around, but Edelman's value isn't going to remain high with Gronk and Amendola coming back. Heck, his targets have already started dropping as Thompkins and Dob Son get up to speed. It depends what his team is like and record, but it sounds like he's too high on Edelman and not high on Morris.

0-3 to start will do that to you.

Team needs to do something now, can't afford to keep stashing White.

I swapped Mike Wallace and Ridley for Doug Martin to our other 0-3 team, so panic has its benefits if you have a strong team with a deep bench already I suppose.

0-3 to start will do that to you.

Team needs to do something now, can't afford to keep stashing White.

I swapped Mike Wallace and Ridley for Doug Martin to our other 0-3 team, so panic has its benefits if you have a strong team with a deep bench already I suppose.
giphy.gif

Nice...

DSmalls84

At the point where I want to trade Wallace...He hasn't cost me a game yet but I'm thinking of playing T.Y. Hilton this week instead.

At the point where I want to trade Wallace...He hasn't cost me a game yet but I'm thinking of playing T.Y. Hilton this week instead.
If you have WR depth, sure. Not sure where you drafted Wallace but you'll need value back where you can patch a possible hole on your roster.
Is Spiller worth trying to buy low?
Spiller is a nice buy-low RB, but the best one currently is David Wilson. If you've got depth at another position and either owner is getting killed by both, look to poach either.

DSmalls84

If you have WR depth, sure. Not sure where you drafted Wallace but you'll need value back where you can patch a possible hole on your roster.

Spiller is a nice buy-low RB, but the best one currently is David Wilson. If you've got depth at another position and either owner is getting killed by both, look to poach either.

I'm pretty stacked at RB with Marshawn Lynch, Ray Rice, Eddie Lacy, and Gio Bernard. WR is definitely my weak point with Demaryous Thomas, Mike Wallace, T.Y. Hilton, and Marlon Brown.

Petrie

Banned
I continue to doubt my roster. I'm in a 12-man .5PPR leage that starts QB/3WR/2RB/TE/FLEX/DST/K. Here's what I'm rocking:

QB Matthew Stafford
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Wes Welker, Josh Gordon, Doug Martin
RB Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Bilal Powell, Eddie Lacy, Willis McGahee
TE Jordan Cameron, Greg Olsen
K Adam Vinatieri
DEF Cincinnati

My buddies continue to cast doubt on me about whether my RBs are good enough. I know the newly aquired Doug Martin is a top end RB1, but do you think I'm solid with the rest of my group?

Otherwise, I feel good at WR but would like to get myself one more option. Have some trades out there but if nothing comes through I'll probably grab Dobson. With the number of players we start and 7 bench spots, FA is thin.

Appreciate any input GAF!

I'm pretty stacked at RB with Marshawn Lynch, Ray Rice, Eddie Lacy, and Gio Bernard. WR is definitely my weak point with Demaryous Thomas, Mike Wallace, T.Y. Hilton, and Marlon Brown.
If you can trade Wallace and maybe one of your lesser RBs for a topflight WR, I'd go for it.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
My team sucks, but I've still got a conundrum.

I've got 1 WR spot and 1 Flex spot open. Who do I start out of these bunch?

Kendall Wright
Eddie Royal
Pierre Thomas
Fred Jackson

My league is 0.5 PPR.

UberTag

My team sucks, but I've still got a conundrum.

I've got 1 WR spot and 1 Flex spot open. Who do I start out of these bunch?

Kendall Wright
Eddie Royal
Pierre Thomas
Fred Jackson

My league is 0.5 PPR.
Kendall Wright and Pierre Thomas... unless Spiller is out. In which case, start FJax.
Royal is too TD-dependent... especially for any kind of PPR format. I suspect Wright will have a strong game while Cromartie smothers Nate Washington.

squicken

Daryl Richardson or Joique Bell for Flex?

At some point Richardson will get replaced. He's not good. Even if he doesn't get replaced, he will never do anything. But I guess this week he's the play, but don't be shocked if he doesn't get the most carries

Someone just dropped Chris Ivory in my league. Should I lose my 1 waiver order to pick him up? I know he's injured now but he could be good in the future right?
Ivory has a pulled hammy that ain't getting better, and by all indications Bilal Powell has the job (Mike Goodson ain't getting it). Save your waiver priority.
At some point Richardson will get replaced. He's not good. Even if he doesn't get replaced, he will never do anything. But I guess this week he's the play, but don't be shocked if he doesn't get the most carries
Personally I think it's Pead Time. His talent level isn't too different, as this article will detail.

Evan Silva analysis of extensive game tape of all 2nd year RBs

Not only is there not a huge talent gap, Richardson had a shot at keeping the job and did nothing.

Thinking about maybe trying to move Trent in my 16 teamer, thinking of offering Trent and M.Bennet for Lynch. Kid only has Finley on his team and my starter is Witten. Thoughts?

gutshot

You think Wilson is going to break out soon? I am looking to make a deal in my one league for Megatron and the guy also has Wilson, should I throw him into the deal as well?

Here is my current roster, 12-team, PPR league:

QB (start 1): Michael Vick, Eli Manning
WR (start 3): Demaryius Thomas, Steve Smith, Brian Hartline, Kenbrell Thompkins
RB (start 2): Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard, Joique Bell
TE (start 1): Vernon Davis

As you can see, I have a lot of RB depth but my WR corps is pretty thin. I'm thinking of offering Trent Richardson for Calvin Johnson and David Wilson. You think that is a good deal for me? The other dude's current starting RBs are Lamar Miller and Danny Woodhead, so I feel like he might jump at the chance to get a top 10 RB. I'd be a little nervous to have to rely on 4 unproven backs although my WRs would be pretty beastly and if at least 2 of those RBs break out, my team would be tough to beat.

DeAngelo Williams has a bye so I think I"m going to have to start a WR as my flex (my only other RB is Michael Bush). How is Cordarelle Patterson looking?

God my team is awful.

hope32

You think Wilson is going to break out soon? I am looking to make a deal in my one league for Megatron and the guy also has Wilson, should I throw him into the deal as well?

As you can see, I have a lot of RB depth but my WR corps is pretty thin. I'm thinking of offering Trent Richardson for Calvin Johnson and David Wilson. You think that is a good deal for me? The other dude's current starting RBs are Lamar Miller and Danny Woodhead, so I feel like he might jump at the chance to get a top 10 RB. I'd be a little nervous to have to rely on 4 unproven backs although my WRs would be pretty beastly and if at least 2 of those RBs break out, my team would be tough to beat.

there is no way he would accept that.. if anything you'd have to be the one offering another player.

gutshot

there is no way he would accept that.. if anything you'd have to be the one offering another player.

Yeah, I'll probably end up throwing one of my other WRs into the deal. But I figure I'll start with that offer and see what happens.

VoxPop

No one in their right mind would give you Megatron + Wilson for Trent. I don't think even Trent for Megatron is a fair deal. You would probably have to add someone in but not sure how the players in your league are.

sangreal

man, I really want to sell high on Jordan Cameron this week, but I have no idea if Gronk is going to play and the late game doesn't help. I've got Finley too, but he is on bye and Clay isn't available in my league

DSmalls84

man, I really want to sell high on Jordan Cameron this week, but I have no idea if Gronk is going to play and the late game doesn't help. I've got Finley too, but he is on bye and Clay isn't available in my league

Try picking up Heath Miller. He's just coming off of injury and might be on your waiver still. That's what I did this week.

sangreal

Kaepernick @ St. Louis or Vick @ Denver?

I'd take Vick. Even when terrible he is putting up some fantasy points (at least moreso than Kaepernick's bad games), and he should be playing from behind for most of the game which is always good for a fantasy QB. Broncos have given up 300+ passing yards and 1+ td every game so far

VoxPop

About to make a monster trade guys. YAY OR NAY?

Doug Martin + Reggie Bush for LeSean McCoy

My lineup right now

QB - Russell Wilson
WR - Vincent Jackson, Jordy Nelson, Eddie Royal, Wes Welker, Kenbrell Thompkins, Steve Smith
RB - Doug Martin, Reggie Bush, DeMarco Murray, Giovani Bernard
TE - Jordan Cameron
DEF - Bengals + Niners

Basically my RB situation would change to McCoy + Murray

with either VJax, Royal, Smith or Bernard as my flex

Should I do it?

Wes

venison crêpe
I havea question about NFL.com's fantasy setup.

I currently have the Rams as my defence, I'm trying to replace them but obvious the Rams play tonight - or to be more precise 1:30am Friday morning for me. Now NFL.com says:

"Pending Waiver Claim: xxxxxxx for St. Louis Rams pending until the morning of Friday, September 27, 2013"

Are they taking in to account the fact I'm in the UK and saying I will get Team X from the waiver wire before the game kicks off and I can replace them?

Or should I bench my Rams defence, and complete the swap after tonight's games and before Sunday's game? Will I be able to trade a player/defence that has already played in that game week?

rando14

My lineup right now

QB - Russell Wilson
WR - Vincent Jackson, Jordy Nelson, Eddie Royal, Wes Welker, Kenbrell Thompkins, Steve Smith
TE - Jordan Cameron
DEF - Bengals + Niners

Should I do it?

Do not do this trade

sangreal

My lineup right now

QB - Russell Wilson
TE - Jordan Cameron
DEF - Bengals + Niners

Should I do it?

McCoy is good, but I don't like this trade. You don't really need to upgrade at RB. Also, I wouldn't sell low on Doug Martin

Top Bottom