• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

sangreal

Offered Trent Richardson and Kenbrell Thompkins for Victor Cruz and the owner accepted it within 10 mins. I always second guess myself when there is a quick accept. Tell me I made a good deal, GAF!

standard or ppr? I probably wouldn't have done that, but it depends on the rest of your roster

Offered Trent Richardson and Kenbrell Thompkins for Victor Cruz and the owner accepted it within 10 mins. I always second guess myself when there is a quick accept. Tell me I made a good deal, GAF!
I'd take that too if I was offered T-Rich, especially in standard leagues

RG3 is on bye this week and I have Geno Smith as my backup. Think I should drop him and go for Brian Hoyer if nobody takes him off the waiver wire? Is it important enough that I give up my 1 waiver spot yet?

gutshot

standard or ppr? I probably wouldn't have done that, but it depends on the rest of your roster

It's PPR, 12-team league. My RBs and WRs pre-trade:

RB: Richardson, Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard, Joique Bell
WR: Demaryious Thomas, Steve Smith, Kenbrell Thompkins, Brian Hartline, Leonard Hankerson

I just felt I needed to improve my WR2/WR3 situation and could trade some of my RB depth to do it. I probably sold low on T-Rich, but to be honest, I don't think he is all that good. Managing only 60 yards against the awful Jags run D is not a good sign.

Can't say this was a good deal. But I guess it also depends on what you needed and what you have as backup. If we just isolate the trade as a standard league trade-it still isn't in your favor.

On the bright side, at least you got a decent player in return, but Richardson will be good for 10 plus TDs this year, and KT, well he's just a thrown in with some outside value until DA and Gronk come back...then he'll be nearly worthless..So I guess it's good you got rid of him now because his value is only going down. Cruz is decent but until I see some reliable play from the Giants, I really wouldn't want anyone on their team.

Edit...Considering you only had Thomas as a legit WR and you're decent at RB...I actually take it all back and like this trade for you.

gutshot

RG3 is on bye this week and I have Geno Smith as my backup. Think I should drop him and go for Brian Hoyer if nobody takes him off the waiver wire? Is it important enough that I give up my 1 waiver spot yet?

It depends on what your record is. If you are 0-4 or 1-3, you really need a win and I wouldn't want to have to count on Geno Smith in that situation.

UberTag

sit or start

McFadden or Fred Jackson
Start FJax if Spiller sits.
If Spiller plays, only hold out for Run DMC if you have Jennings, Woodhead (if PPR) or Powell as insurance. If you don't have any of those guys, you're still playing FJax.

I'm starting Ray Rice and Marshawn Lynch as my RB 1 & 2. Eddie Lacy or Giovani Bernard in the flex?
Giovani Bernard vs NE
Eddie Lacy GB vs Det

I like Lacy, should be a shootout and I'd think he'd get a few goalline looks. Also please put their opponents next time.

Having trouble deciding who to start this week. Pick 1 RB, 1 WR, and 1 flex:

Lamar Miller
David Wilson
Ryan Mathews
Hakeem Nicks
Alshon Jeffery
Eddie Royal
T.Y. Hilton

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Giovani Bernard vs NE
Eddie Lacy GB vs Det

I like Lacy, should be a shootout and I'd think he'd get a few goalline looks. Also please put their opponents next time.

Bernards gotta be the guy. Vince is out for the season, I'm concerned about the pats ability to stop the run going forward.

edit- is Willis McGahee worth the start against the bills thursday in the flex?

Petrie

Banned
2RB and a flex. Thoughts?

Lacy v DET
Wilson v PHI
TRich v SEA
Powell v ATL
Olsen v ARI

.5 PPR

Appreciate the help GAF!

12 man ppr - would you guys consider taking Demariyus Thomas and giving up Giovanni Bernard?

My RBs
Lesean McCoy
Giovanni Bernard
Eddie Lacy
Andre Ellington
Ben Tate

My WRs
Calvin Johnson
Pierre Garcon
Kendall Wright
Robert Woods

12 man ppr - would you guys consider taking Demariyus Thomas and giving up Giovanni Bernard?

My RBs
Lesean McCoy
Giovanni Bernard
Eddie Lacy
Andre Ellington
Ben Tate

My WRs
Calvin Johnson
Pierre Garcon
Kendall Wright
Robert Woods

Are you offering that trade??? Because I don't know a soul dumb enough to accept D Thomas for Bernard straight up.... You could get a top 10 RB pretty easily with D Thomas by himself

sangreal

if you're getting thomas, I wouldn't hesitate to make that trade. A backup rb (or rbbc RB at best) for a top 5 wr. You're weak at RB though, so I would work out another trade or WW pickup there (or just hope cards give up on Mendenhall which seems likely)

gutshot

Having trouble deciding who to start this week. Pick 1 RB, 1 WR, and 1 flex:

Lamar Miller
David Wilson
Ryan Mathews
Hakeem Nicks
Alshon Jeffery
Eddie Royal
T.Y. Hilton

I'd go Miller, Wilson and Nicks. I'm playing any and all Giants this week; the Eagles defense is terribad.

2RB and a flex. Thoughts?

Lacy v DET
Wilson v PHI
TRich v SEA
Powell v ATL
Olsen v ARI

.5 PPR

Appreciate the help GAF!

Lacy, Wilson and Powell seem like the best plays based on match-ups.

Are you offering that trade??? Because I don't know a soul dumb enough to accept D Thomas for Bernard straight up.... You could get a top 10 RB pretty easily with D Thomas by himself

if you're getting thomas, I wouldn't hesitate to make that trade. A backup rb (or rbbc RB at best) for a top 5 wr. You're weak at RB though, so I would work out another trade or WW pickup there (or just hope cards give up on Mendenhall which seems likely)

Oops, my bad. He said Julius Thomas, not Demariyus Thomas. Got confused. My current TEs are Greg Olsen and Coby Fleener.

edit- is Willis McGahee worth the start against the bills thursday in the flex?
If he's going to do ANYTHING this year, that's the game he'll do it in. I watched (BLARGH) the last game, he seems to be getting more comfortable in the O and he's definitely the goal line back. I figure Buffalo with be his coming-out party.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If he's going to do ANYTHING this year, that's the game he'll do it in. I watched (BLARGH) the last game, he seems to be getting more comfortable in the O and he's definitely the goal line back. I figure Buffalo with be his coming-out party.

Yeah at this point it's either him or Daryl Richardson who continues to disappoint. I have trouble believing he'll be phased out completely, I wish they'd just bench him and let him get right for a game.

edit- to a lesser extent... Chris Givens or Kendal Wright?

Standard fantasy scoring, non-ppr

Bell, Joique
Mendenhall, Rashard
Peterson, Adrian
Richardson, Trent
Jackson, Steven

Peterson is on a bye, and I do not want to start Bell or Mendenhall. I need another RB for this week. Wanted Blount but someone claimed him before me. That being said, I was offered Ryan Mathews for Bell. The guy has Bush and he wants Bell for a handcuff. I'm leaning towards yes. Sound good to you guys?

Petrie

Banned
Trade advice guys. I think it looks good, but always welcome advice on such things. I'm being offered Calvin Johnson and Bryce Brown for Trent Richardson, Greg Olsen, and Vincent Jackson. Here's my roster for reference,.

QB Matthew Stafford
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Wes Welker, Josh Gordon,
RB Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Bilal Powell, Eddie Lacy, David Wilson, Doug Martin
TE Jordan Cameron, Greg Olsen
K Dave Akers
DEF Denver, St Louis

The league is .5 PPR. I think I can afford it with my depth and Johnson makes me full on elite at WR. Olsen is wasting away on my bench with Cameron. Thoughts?

First off, I have a chance to trade Aaron Rodgers for Romo and Giovanni Bernard...do it?

Second, trying to figure out my team if Amendola can go this Sunday. My skill positions are a shit show, so it comes down to filling five spots (2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex) with Chris Johnson, Stevan Ridley, Dwayne Bowe, TY Hilton, DeAngelo Williams and Amendola. My initial instinct is to start all 3 RBs and sub Amendola for Hilton or Bowe, but should I just start all 3 WRs and sit Ridlay?

No way!

Should I trade Lynch + a bench receiver for Aaron Rodgers + Eddie Lacy? Keeping in mind my QBs are Tannahil and Eli and I do have James Jones

What are your other RBs? If you have another decent RB, I'd do that trade.

Ummm well shit..

Should I trade Welker for Doug Martin + Garcon?
I actually like that trade. Depends on what your other RBs and WRs look like, but Garcon is doing really well (and is the #1 receiver for RG3), plus Martin can only go up from the mediocre season he's had so far.

VoxPop

What are your other RBs? If you have another decent RB, I'd do that trade.

I actually like that trade. Depends on what your other RBs and WRs look like, but Garcon is doing really well (and is the #1 receiver for RG3), plus Martin can only go up from the mediocre season he's had so far.

Yeahh funny thing is I traded him Doug Martin previously. Well this is my WR situation at the moment

Jordy Nelson
Wes Welker
Vincent Jackson
Eddie Royal
Steve Smith
Kenbrell Thompkins

Does anyone else in here have Percy Harvin stashed? Should I drop Percy Harvin to pick up Legarett Blount or stick it out with him on my roster and hope he comes back this season?

UberTag

Does anyone else in here have Percy Harvin stashed? Should I drop Percy Harvin to pick up Legarett Blount or stick it out with him on my roster and hope he comes back this season?
Depends on how your team is doing.
If you're looking to make a desperation grab of Blount, I'm guessing probably not well.

I'd keep Harvin if you've got ample bench space and you're 3-1 or 4-0.
If it's a short bench and you need to win NOW and are looking to start Blount this week, then I'd try and trade him to someone with a winning record and questionable receivers for a better RB than Blount.

Uugh just got home. I'll try and stay here to answer fantasy questions until 8 PM. Hoping Ubertag joins in if he's around... as usual please list the opponents the players are facing, I'll give this post as a freebie. LET'S DO THIS!
Yeah at this point it's either him or Daryl Richardson who continues to disappoint. I have trouble believing he'll be phased out completely, I wish they'd just bench him and let him get right for a game.

edit- to a lesser extent... Chris Givens or Kendal Wright?
Givens. Jacksonville is going to have 30+ put on them, it'll be a shootout
if Chad Henne was the QB
First off, I have a chance to trade Aaron Rodgers for Romo and Giovanni Bernard...do it?

Second, trying to figure out my team if Amendola can go this Sunday. My skill positions are a shit show, so it comes down to filling five spots (2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex) with Chris Johnson, Stevan Ridley, Dwayne Bowe, TY Hilton, DeAngelo Williams and Amendola. My initial instinct is to start all 3 RBs and sub Amendola for Hilton or Bowe, but should I just start all 3 WRs and sit Ridlay?
a) After looking at Question #2, do it.
b) Amendola, Bowe, CJ?K, DeAngelo Williams, Ridley.
Trade advice guys. I think it looks good, but always welcome advice on such things. I'm being offered Calvin Johnson and Bryce Brown for Trent Richardson, Greg Olsen, and Vincent Jackson. Here's my roster for reference,.

QB Matthew Stafford
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Wes Welker, Josh Gordon,
RB Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Bilal Powell, Eddie Lacy, David Wilson, Doug Martin
TE Jordan Cameron, Greg Olsen
K Dave Akers
DEF Denver, St Louis

The league is .5 PPR. I think I can afford it with my depth and Johnson makes me full on elite at WR. Olsen is wasting away on my bench with Cameron. Thoughts?
6 person league?

Sure, go for it.

This is a 12-man league.

I'm a bit confused by the assertion.
Guessing he means that your team is STACKED for a 12 person league.

Yeahh funny thing is I traded him Doug Martin previously. Well this is my WR situation at the moment

Jordy Nelson
Wes Welker
Vincent Jackson
Eddie Royal
Steve Smith
Kenbrell Thompkins
So you'll have Jackson AND Nelson? Welker may as we'll be your WR3/Flex. I'd say do it. With Garçon and Welker's bye out of the way, you could live with just using your main 3 WRs from now on anyways, and could aim or trade away/drop one or two of your bench WRs

Petrie

Banned
Guessing he means that your team is STACKED for a 12 person league.

That's what I figured, I just didn't think I was THAT stacked, especially sitting at 2-2, but maybe under-performing I guess.

So given that it's a 12-man then, would you guys take that deal?

I've been doing a good job "buying low" and "selling high", basically playing the "red paperclip" game with my bench and slowly upgrading every week.

So you'll have Jackson AND Nelson? Welker may as we'll be your WR3/Flex. I'd say do it. With Garçon and Welker's bye out of the way, you could live with just using your main 3 WRs from now on anyways, and could aim or trade away/drop one or two of your bench WRs

Welker's bye hasn't happened yet.

That's what I figured, I just didn't think I was THAT stacked, especially sitting at 2-2, but maybe under-performing I guess.

I've been doing a good job "buying low" and "selling high", basically playing the "red paperclip" game with my bench and slowly upgrading every week.

Welker's bye hasn't happened yet.
If you believe that you can take the hit at RB, I'd say to for it. I wouldn't do it, just because you're taking a noticeable drop at RB for an upgrade at what's already your best position, but I wouldn't blame anyone for accepting that either.

Edit: And my bad, meant to put Nelson

like I said earlier, sure. Brown is essentially an injury prayer, but T-Pain isn't a PPR star, and VJax is batting bad ribs and a kid QB. It'd free you up to trade one of your other WRs for RB help later if need be.

Petrie

Banned
like I said earlier, sure. Brown is essentially an injury prayer, but T-Pain isn't a PPR star, and VJax is batting bad ribs and a kid QB. It'd free you up to trade one of your other WRs for RB help later if need be.

Frankly I'm just tired of waiting for TRich to come alive. We start 3WR and a FLEX so all my guys still start along with Mega.

I suppose it's based on your opinion of TRich. I'm over him.

Frankly I'm just tired of waiting for TRich to come alive. We start 3WR and a FLEX so all my guys still start along with Mega.

I suppose it's based on your opinion of TRich. I'm over him.

You can start 4 WRs?? Well damn, go for it man.

And should I start Justin Blackmon (@StL) or Roddy White (NYJ)? I remember Blackmon did well when he had Henne throwing to him, but I can't remember how bad he was when he had Gabbert... It's for the Flex position, so I can also throw in Daryl Richardson (Jac), but I don't trust him in the least

You can start 4 WRs?? Well damn, go for it man.

And should I start Justin Blackmon (@StL) or Roddy White (NYJ)? I remember Blackmon did well when he had Henne throwing to him, but I can't remember how bad he was when he had Gabbert... It's for the Flex position, so I can also throw in Daryl Richardson (Jac), but I don't trust him in the least
Justin Blackmon. I want to see a game where Roddy breaks out before I trust him. Plus all the buzz on Blackmon has been positive, if only the Jags when to Henne...

Top Bottom