• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

squicken

Yeah, kinda old but either Zac Stacy or Isiah Pead will be the Chairman of a committee. Ironically no one mentions Benny Cunningham.

Pead is done. D'Marco Farr is the color guy for local radio, someone called in about Pead getting a chance, and Farr said something like "you don't give a chance to a guy who still steps the wrong way when it's a run to the right"

That said, the Rams run game will not have a FF starter all year. I see people on Twitter trying to figure it out. There's no Arian Foster or David Wilson there. Just bad players. Look elsewhere

rando14

Starting both Gordon and Cameron. This will not end well.

Same here brother

hello-darkness-gob-gif-wall-1.gif

Think I'm gonna start Browns defense almost full time over Bengals. The guy I'm against had Fred Jackson on his bench with Ridley as a back and Mike Wallace as a flex so that helps a lot.

rando14

18.2 between gordon and cameron. I thought they'd get 20+ but oh well, coulda been a lot worse when hoyer went down

If I was a Cameron owner I might be a tad worried. Weeden seemed to lock on his WRs first, as opposed to Hoyer who looked to only Gordon and Cameron.

VoxPop

If I was a Cameron owner I might be a tad worried. Weeden seemed to lock on his WRs first, as opposed to Hoyer who looked to only Gordon and Cameron.

Not sure about that just yet. They had Cameron well defended on a lot of the plays. He had 2-3 TD passes thrown his way and just couldnt capitalize. Should get better against other teams.

Should I start Bradford (playing against the Jags), Eli Manning (playing against the Eagles and their awful secondary), or Pryor (playing against San Diego and their awful secondary)? I am absolutely stuck right now.

Slacker

Do you guys think Dunbar is a must have for a Murray owner?

As a Dallas resident I'd say no. The Cowboys haven't shown that they can run the ball consistently with any RB. I never know what to expect from Murray, much less the down-the-depth-chart guys.

Should I start Bradford (playing against the Jags), Eli Manning (playing against the Eagles and their awful secondary), or Pryor (playing against San Diego and their awful secondary)? I am absolutely stuck right now.
Pryor all the way IMO.

I'm in desperate need of a RB to play Sunday. I sat McGahee because I didn't think Ridley was going to be out. On my bench I have Tate and Benny Cunningham. On waiver wire, there's Donald Brown, Ronnie Hillman, Mike Tolbert, Brandon Bolden, Montee Ball, and Zach Stacy. I've got a roster spot that I can easily open up to pick up somebody. I'd try to make a trade, but everybody is thin at RB in my league (12 teamer).

I need help guys!

I'm currently in a PPR league and somebody is offering me Jason Witten for Julius Thomas. Any opinions on this? This would only affect my FLEX position because I have Jimmy Graham as my main tight end.

I need help guys!

I'm currently in a PPR league and somebody is offering me Jason Witten for Julius Thomas. Any opinions on this? This would only affect my FLEX position because I have Jimmy Graham as my main tight end.

Umm, I think Witten is going to become a bigger part of the offense, so I'd probably rather have him in a PPR league, but do you really need a TE at flex? Maybe use him to get a WR or RB.

WedgeX

Banned
Well. With Stevan Ridley out for Sunday, I'm left with Brandon Bolden @ CIN or Andre Ellington vs. CAR. What do?

Also, how did it come to this?? If only I could play all four of my receivers!

These recent posts are making me happy I stacked up on average RB's. Problem is I have a bunch of meh WR's, 1 QB who isn't that great (Romo) and 2 D/ST's ATM since I'm too hesitant to drop one (Browns and Bengals).

Remyzero

I was offered ray rice for doug Martin. What is your opinion on the trade?

My other RBs are Wilson, Vereen, Rodgers and bolden

I was offered ray rice for doug Martin. What is your opinion on the trade?

My other RBs are Wilson, Vereen, Rodgers and bolden

Wellll Doug Rice does have the more favorable schedule against the run coming up and has had way more production and targets. But on the other hand Harbaugh said they want Rice to get more involved in the offense and Baltimore just signed Eugene Monroe presumably to help with that. Tough call.

Milabrega

Which plays would you guys make this week:

Kaepernick vs Texans or Alex Smith vs Titans?

I need to start two not ppr, David Wilson, Eddie Lacy, Bilal Powell, Kenbrell Thompkins.

Petrie

Banned
Which plays would you guys make this week:

Kaepernick vs Texans or Alex Smith vs Titans?

I need to start two not ppr, David Wilson, Eddie Lacy, Bilal Powell, Kenbrell Thompkins.

Similar boat here. I have to start 2 RB from David Wilson, Eddie Lacy, & Bilal Powell this week. It's a tough call as they all are in position to have good weeks.

Heads up: Rumors have it Zac Stacy will be the starting RB for the Rams today. Owned in .6% of leagues.

Think its worth dropping Fleener (I already have Olsen) to clear up a roster spot to pick him up?

Milabrega

Similar boat here. I have to start 2 RB from David Wilson, Eddie Lacy, & Bilal Powell this week. It's a tough call as they all are in position to have good weeks.

I'm leaning Powell and Lacy, even with Ivory back in the mix. Wilson just hasn't done anything this year and can't be trusted. He'll break out one week, and that week may be against the Eagles but I can't trust a RB behind that O line.

Petrie

Banned
I'm leaning Powell and Lacy, even with Ivory back in the mix. Wilson just hasn't done anything this year and can't be trusted. He'll break out one week, and that week may be against the Eagles but I can't trust a RB behind that O line.

David Wilson is tempting this week. The only thing I'm sure of now is playing Lacy.

Fuuuuuuck: @ShepMatt From watching warmups...don't think Calvin Johnson is going to play

So my QB is injured within minutes of start and now this. I'm crashing and burning this week.

sangreal

Fuuuuuuck: @ShepMatt From watching warmups...don't think Calvin Johnson is going to play

So my QB is injured within minutes of start and now this. I'm crashing and burning this week.

yeah, he's inactive. beats having him start and then leave after a series

Petrie

Banned
I have Stafford and just traded big for Megatron. This screw's me big time.

Guess I'm playing Lacy, Wilson, and Powell!

PBY

Banned
D Martin on a bye

HALP Who do i start?

Ellington, Pierre Thomas, or... Zac Stacy.

Tempted to try to hit a home run with Stacy, but I feel like Pierre Thomas is the safe play?

Ellington is also kind of sexy, its a PPR league.

Fantasy writers downgrading Edelman just drives me nuts. Anybody remember week 1? The Patriots need receivers who can reliably catch the ball, and if Amendola is healthy that makes Edelman the switch receiver. Last time that meant two touchdowns.

More healthy receivers = better Patriots offense. Period.

And I would start Stacy, no question, in a standard league in that situation peterb0y. But in PPR just keep in mind Thomas is locked in for 30 yards and 5 receptions. But his ceiling is probably 10 points and a touchdown.

Edelman is a must start in PPR leagues even when Gronk gets back. He'll be more valuable because he'll have more running room. He'll score at least 10 points a game and as high as 20.

Top Bottom