• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

GIF OF THE WEEK

juggy.gif

goober

Should I pick up Keenan Allen or Nick Foles from the waiver wire? I have Vick and Kaepernick.

Here's the rest of my team:
Dez Bryant
Victor Cruz
Lesean McCoy
Demarco Murray
Jordan Cameron
Zac Stacy
Joique Bell
Mike Wallace
Miles Austin

Nick Novak

Denver DEF

gutshot

Should I pick up Keenan Allen or Nick Foles from the waiver wire? I have Vick and Kaepernick.

Here's the rest of my team:
Dez Bryant
Victor Cruz
Lesean McCoy
Demarco Murray
Jordan Cameron
Zac Stacy
Joique Bell
Mike Wallace
Miles Austin

Nick Novak

Denver DEF

Foles could be a good pickup, if Vick is out for a while. But I don't like his matchup this week, going against Tampa Bay. I'd just start Kap this week.

Petrie

Banned
Good trade. I unloaded TRich last week and am glad I did. He's going to be the biggest bust in fantasy this year.

Yep. He was my first round pick. What a bust. Glad the Megatron owner got so screwed by injury he had no choice but to unload him.

Meier

Should I use Gronk and/or Julius Thomas in my flex spot this weekend? I feel like Gronk will have a huge game right off the bat and JT feels like a near must play..

This is what I have right now:

WR Victor Cruz NYG - WR
WR Justin Blackmon Jax - WR
RB Ray Rice Bal - RB
RB Eddie Lacy GB - RB
TE Julius Thomas Den - TE
W/R/T Rob Gronkowski NE - TE
BN Andre Johnson Hou - WR
BN Darren McFadden Oak - RB
BN Mike Williams TB - WR
BN Alshon Jeffery Chi - WR

Dropped Montee Ball. He's flat out useless.. someone else had Moreno already. Hoping to replace Mike Williams with a decent RB at some point.

I drafted Juilo in the 1st round, 15th overall (No Quitters League, 16 teams). He had been tremendous and I'm sitting in 2nd place despite that draft slot, but in a league that size if your 1st rounder goes out for the year, you're almost done. You can't replace a Top 3 WR/RB remotely easily, even if your league uses FAAB. My advice to you Juilo owners is that you have to aggressively tackle waivers, and try to stockpile enough talent to see if you can make a trade for a top WR. If you don't want to try that tactic, hit up the guys in your league who are 0-5/1-4 and maybe get a WR2 that has a ton of upside (Shorts/Blackmon, Garcon, Jefferey, Antonio Brown). Also if you have any other Atlanta players (White/Jackson/Gonzo/Ryan) it might be time to start selling. I'd hold onto Jones just in case his 2nd opinion proves to offer a glimmer of hope and Atlanta has a Bye anyway, but don't wait too long after this week's waiver period to take action...

Terrible-terrible-news-Julio-Jones-owners-USAT-Images.jpg

Jayhawk

I was just offered Marshawn Lynch and Greg Jennings for Calvin Johnson and Philip Rivers in one of the 12-team ESPN GAF leagues with 0.5 PPR. Need some feedback on this trade offer.

My roster right now:
QB: Peyton, Rivers
RB: Sproles, Woodhead, Pierre Thomas, Hillman, Ball (the fantasy version of RB by committee has resulted in a 4-1 start for me)
WR: Megatron, DeSean, Terrance Williams, Broyles, Dobson
TE: Finley, Gronkowski
DEF: Seahawks
K: Zuerlein

I've had Pierre Thomas and Aaron Dobson alternate as my flex. Williams substituted for Megatron this past Sunday.

I'm leaning towards accepting the trade offer since Rivers is just occupying a bench slot and I like having an improved RB group. The security blanket of not having to worry about my WR duo of Megatron and DeSean (except for injury cases) on a week-to-week basis will be gone. :(

Nevermind.. too slow lol
Same guy offered Lynch+Jennings for Andre Johnson and Trent Richardson and the other person accepted. Guy offering the trades had Julio and seemed desperate.

gutshot

I was just offered Marshawn Lynch and Greg Jennings for Calvin Johnson and Philip Rivers in one of the 12-team ESPN GAF leagues with 0.5 PPR. Need some feedback on this trade offer.

My roster right now:
QB: Peyton, Rivers
RB: Sproles, Woodhead, Pierre Thomas, Hillman, Ball (the fantasy version of RB by committee has resulted in a 4-1 start for me)
WR: Megatron, DeSean, Terrance Williams, Broyles, Dobson
TE: Finley, Gronkowski
DEF: Seahawks
K: Zuerlein

I've had Pierre Thomas and Aaron Dobson alternate as my flex. Williams substituted for Megatron this past Sunday.

I'm leaning towards accepting the trade offer since Rivers is just occupying a bench slot and I like having an improved RB group. The security blanket of not having to worry about my WR duo of Megatron and DeSean (except for injury cases) on a week-to-week basis will be gone. :(

Nevermind.. too slow lol
Same guy offered Lynch+Jennings for Andre Johnson and Trent Richardson and the other person accepted. Guy offering the trades had Julio and seemed desperate.

I wouldn't have accepted that deal anyway. Although if I were you I would be trying to trade away Rivers and upgrading your RB2 or WR3.

Jayhawk

I wouldn't have accepted that deal anyway. Although if I were you I would be trying to trade away Rivers and upgrading your RB2 or WR3.

Yeah, I've had Rivers on the trading block for an RB. I haven't been actively proposing trades though.

UberTag

I drafted Juilo in the 1st round, 15th overall (No Quitters League, 16 teams). He had been tremendous and I'm sitting in 2nd place despite that draft slot, but in a league that size if your 1st rounder goes out for the year, you're almost done. You can't replace a Top 3 WR/RB remotely easily, even if your league uses FAAB. My advice to you Juilo owners is that you have to aggressively tackle waivers, and try to stockpile enough talent to see if you can make a trade for a top WR.
Let me know who you wind up with and throw an offer my way for Randall Cobb. I've been dangling him all day to interested parties.

Incidentally, I'm 5-0 in a league where I own both Matt Ryan and Julio Jones (whom I traded FOR two weeks ago in a deal that sent Julio and David Wilson my way for the Muscle Hamster... whoops). I think I may just pull through okay, though. I've got Cutler and his new favorite toy, Alshon Jeffery, locked and loaded to take their place.

Also if you have any other Atlanta players (White/Jackson/Gonzo/Ryan) it might be time to start selling. I'd hold onto Jones just in case his 2nd opinion proves to offer a glimmer of hope and Atlanta has a Bye anyway, but don't wait too long after this week's waiver period to take action.
1) Hold onto Julio until that second opinion puts him on the IR unless you're in a Keeper or Dynasty league.
2) Try and deal Matt Ryan while he still maintains some value. Either for someone like Cutler that his owner may not trust wholeheartedly or, better yet, a disappointed Tom Brady / Cam Newton owner. One other play may be to scoop up Nick Foles and dangle Ryan to the Vick owner. Or if the Rivers owner in your league is keeping him on his bench. Or, if you're desperate, there's always Sam Bradford or Terrelle Pryor.
3) Don't sell high on Tony Gonzalez before the trade deadline. His numbers may take a hit the next couple weeks as he draws more coverage but there's always a chance the Falcons are compassionate enough to deal Gonzo to a playoff contender so he can make one last run at a title before he's done. He'd be Captain Checkdown's new best friend in Kansas City.
4) Don't buy low on Roddy White.
5) Don't spend a lot of FAAB dollars on Harry Douglas. He's fallen short when given opportunities in the past.
6) Get whatever you can get for Steven Jackson.
7) Continue to ride Jacquizz Rodgers while you can. The Falcons are going to ride him more with Julio gone and they're even giving him the goal line looks that used to be reserved exclusively for Snelling.

And I'm wondering if now is finally the time to use my #1 waiver priority - with Calvin Johnson potentially out and Garcon my only other solid WR and having some competition on the waiver wire with at least a Julio Jones owner.

Depending on who you already have on your team you may just want to get both of them.

Hmmm, maybe I should drop Robert Woods to get both those guys. With EJ Manual out, his stock might drop.

Hmmm, maybe I should drop Robert Woods to get both those guys. With EJ Manual out, his stock might drop.
See if you can trade Woods for a #2 receiver/high-target slot guy next to a top WR, say a guy like Marlon Brown. Dude is ok but due to lack of weapons will get a pretty good number of targets opposite Torrey Smith.

I drafted Juilo in the 1st round, 15th overall (No Quitters League, 16 teams). He had been tremendous and I'm sitting in 2nd place despite that draft slot, but in a league that size if your 1st rounder goes out for the year, you're almost done. You can't replace a Top 3 WR/RB remotely easily, even if your league uses FAAB. My advice to you Juilo owners is that you have to aggressively tackle waivers, and try to stockpile enough talent to see if you can make a trade for a top WR. If you don't want to try that tactic, hit up the guys in your league who are 0-5/1-4 and maybe get a WR2 that has a ton of upside (Shorts/Blackmon, Garcon, Jefferey, Antonio Brown). Also if you have any other Atlanta players (White/Jackson/Gonzo/Ryan) it might be time to start selling. I'd hold onto Jones just in case his 2nd opinion proves to offer a glimmer of hope and Atlanta has a Bye anyway, but don't wait too long after this week's waiver period to take action...

I own Julio in both of my leagues :( In one league i'm trying to pick up harvin via waivers. Im sitting ok w/ torrey and colston as my other wr's. Similar situation in the gaf league im a part of. What do you think about using douglas as a handcuff?

I own Julio in both of my leagues :( In one league i'm trying to pick up harvin via waivers. Im sitting ok w/ torrey and colston as my other wr's. Similar situation in the gaf league im a part of. What do you think about using douglas as a handcuff?
Depends. In the league where you have Smith/Colston you could use Douglas as a Flex, but you might want to search elsewhere. Douglas is a middling talent with no upside who lives off White/Juilo, as Ubertag said he's had numerous chances to be a #2 WR and failed. He's a better version of Kevin Ogletree IMHO and no more. I'd chase guys mentioned above who are on the wire like Keenan Allen/Vincent Brown, teams with WRs in an explosive offense but have a poor D. Depending on the size of your league they're still out there, mine not so much.

^ Ha you just answered my question before I asked it. I was gonna ask who you guys like between Harry Douglas and Keenan Allen.

I've been trying to make some trades in my 8 man PPR league. I offered Edelman, Cecil Shorts, and Moreno for Foster and the guy said no. He is also dead last in our league. I wonder why?

Enfinit

So now that's Wilson's out, I'm forced to start Ogbonnaya. I've got a decent team, but I'm struggling heavily with RBs. Here's my team (on the left), and here's the best RB's available in my league. Any advice, GAF?

f4676ef2f0.png

So now that's Wilson's out, I'm forced to start Ogbonnaya. I've got a decent team, but I'm struggling heavily with RBs. Here's my team (on the left), and here's the best RB's available in my league. Any advice, GAF?
Bolden and Donald Brown to me are better and Oggy and D. Rich.

sangreal

I've been trying to make some trades in my 8 man PPR league. I offered Edelman, Cecil Shorts, and Moreno for Foster and the guy said no. He is also dead last in our league. I wonder why?

it's hard to get trades going in 8-team leagues because the WW should be pretty deep. I'd be surprised if there aren't comparable receivers out there for free

edit: oh, ppr.. that raises shorts value quite a bit

Enfinit

Bolden and Donald Brown to me are better and Oggy and D. Rich.

The problem is, I don't see Bolden with having much long-term potential with Ridley and Vereen coming around. Brown looks like it'd be a decent snag. Who would you suggest dropping? Tolbert?

Milabrega

Of these three Mendenhall, Helu or Jacquizz, is Mendenhall the best option to pick up in ppr? I'm adding Mendenhall now but haven't followed the RB situation on any of these teams.

wtf is up with rotoworld being so down on benjarvus

yah his ypc is pretty bad but he's been okay as a flex option so far this year

gutshot

Of these three Mendenhall, Helu or Jacquizz, is Mendenhall the best option to pick up in ppr? I'm adding Mendenhall now but haven't followed the RB situation on any of these teams.

Mendenhall is probably the best pick up right now, as he is the unquestioned starter. Helu is nothing but an Alfred Morris handcuff and Rodgers was a decent play while SJax was out, but once he comes back after the bye, Jacquizz's touches will drop off.

14 teams.
... then there's a lot of drop candidates. Doss, Ponder, Franklin, AND Tolbert all should be gone:

Doss - Marlon Brown and Jacoby Jones are practicing and will play this week.
Ponder - There should be much better options available.
Franklin - Starks appears to be the #2 back when he returns.
Tolbert - Stewart is returning and that whole situation won't be pretty with Stewart/DWill/Tolbert/Newton fighting for carries.

I'd nab the two I mentioned and look at Garrett Graham if he's available.

Just got offered a interesting trade in my 16 teamer, was offered Willis Macgahee and Hakeem Nicks for Trent Richardson. My rbs are Trent, D. Williams, bell, and hunter. We start 3 wr and I've been looking for a 3rd one. My wr set right now is Fitz, givens, marlon brown, and Harry Douglas. Thoughts?

Edit: wonder if he would go Nicks for D. Williams straight up

VoxPop

What do you guys think of AP for Marshawn Lynch + TY Hilton?

My lineup right now, 12 man league, currently 5-0

QB RG3, Rivers

WR Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Vincent Brown, Percy Harvin, Miles Austin

RB AP, DeMarco Murray, Donald Brown

TE Gates

K Akers

DEF New England

I could use the flex upgrade but not sure how comparable lynch is to AP this year

Am I crazy for thinking I should play Foles and Cutler in both of my leagues over Kaepernick who I also own in both? I have a constant boner for the 9ers but man I do not like the thought of Boldin against Peterson + how lackluster our wr corps has been so far. And Cutler against giants 2ndary albeit on a thursday night sounds really interesting as well.

UberTag

I started Bradford over Kaepernick in a GAF league last week... and it was the correct call.
And I'm going to do the exact same thing this week.

Cards D is back on their A game again. Daryl Washington is looking to make up for lost time from his suspension.
And if Kaep does get a ball off, Peterson will be smothering Boldin. If you've got alternatives, use them.

gutshot

Got offered Anquan Boldin and Bernard Pierce for Garrett Graham and Joique Bell. The guy is desperate for a decent TE. I have Vernon Davis, so likely won't be using Graham. I have to take that, right?

sangreal

Got offered Anquan Boldin and Bernard Pierce for Garrett Graham and Joique Bell. The guy is desperate for a decent TE. I have Vernon Davis, so likely won't be using Graham. I have to take that, right?

I'm pretty high on Joique Bell, but if you're looking to upgrade at WR I would take it

Slacker

Who will you be starting at RB? Seems like a good deal to me.

Should I trade Trent Richardson & Marques Colson for DeSean Jackson?

Current Team:
QB - P. Manning, J. Flacco
WR - D. Thomas, M. Colston, B. Hartline
RB - K. Moreno, L. Bell, D. Williams, T. Richardson
TE - R. Gronkowski, C. Clay
K - R. Succop
DEF - New England, St. Louis

Thanks.

Top Bottom