• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
H2RBxYl.png

Im happy with how this week went for me so far....Im on the left.

foppy79

Finally got my first win in Taco Bell league, making my team name no longer prophecy. Trades are going my way too.

Everything is finally coming together.

I am now 0-4. Just a huge letdown of a year thus far.

Obviously not out of it but in a .5ppr league where most teams hover around 100 points, I have failed to beat 90 three times. 80 twice.

My team sucks ass. Dont know how to fix it.

RBs: Melvin Gordon, DeMarco Murray, Crowell, Buck Allen

WR: OBJ, D Thomas, Crabtree, Alshon Jeffrey, D Parker, Garçon.

TE: Witten (used to have Eifert)

Been trying to stream QBs and Defense. Its only an 8 team league so there are consistentlu decent options available.

Just sick of Crowell, dropping his ass with the quickness on Tuesday. Hopefully picking up Tevin Coleman. Already dropped Mixon for Allen a few weeks ago.

Just have no idea what to do with my recievers. I feel like outside of OBJ, my WRs get about 3 or 4 points when played, 7-10 on my bench. My RBs have been horrendous.

Just dont know what to do.
Anyone pick up Smallwood yet?

Alex Collins was used a lot today for Ravens
McKinnon since Cook is out.
Gio Bernard had a great game.

These are probably going to be possible pick ups

duxstar

Ps i just want to apologize to the guy that asked Powell vs i think it was crowell.

I told him not powell cause hes done shit all year, and forte was the main running back to this point AND they were playing a good jacksonville defense.

But sometimes fantasy is cruel lol.

UberTag

Could all the RBs stop getting hurt? Dat would be great. Thanks.
RBs getting hurt is like a staple of fantasy football. That's the reason handcuffing is even a thing.
Might as well ask a politician not to lie. Or a GAF poster to play the games they buy instead of merely talking about them.

joeposh

This might be my last go at fantasy football. I own David Johnson, Dalvin Cook and Chris Carson, all of whom seem to be seriously injured. I hate how arbitrary this shit is.

fuck jimmy

you do enough so i can't bench you quite yet ill probably still pick up engram since the week 6 bye though

and I hope chris carson has a speedy recovery(but it looked serious)

So I lost Dalvin and Carson in the same day in one of my leagues smh

I’ll be 4-0 if I can get a solid performance from Cousins tomorrow but man I definitely need to hit the waiver wire now.

All TE, except Kelce and Gronk are basically dart throws who will score between 0 and 20 points with no predictability

Ertz is solid also

UberTag

I think I should be happy to be 3-1 at least.
You should always be happy with a 3-1 start in fantasy.
Most leagues you'll get to the playoffs with a 7-6 or 8-5 record.
If you start 3-1, that means you can go 4-5 or 5-4 the rest of the way and generally feel confident of making the cut.
If you're 3-1 and you have a decent amount of FAAB dollars left or favorable waiver priority compared to the rest of your league, you should feel even better.

I would also start earmarking the teams with 1-3 or 0-4 records for trade offers as they're likely going to be of a mindset that they need to throw caution to the wind to turn their seasons around.

Stupid question: what is this "Taco Bell league" I see mentioned every once in a while?

Neogaf league that doesn't have its own thread so most of us post here or the NFL thread.

Speaking of which, I'm 3-1 barring a miracle. Second straight week I've gone into Monday night with a massive lead. All of my starters scored double figures except for two (who were my first two picks lol).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Im happy to be 2-2 after starting 0-2 in my league. Could easily be 4-0 if Cousins played decently the first two weeks.

Stupid question: what is this "Taco Bell league" I see mentioned every once in a while?

Neogaf league that doesn't have its own thread so most of us post here or the NFL thread.

Speaking of which, I'm 3-1 barring a miracle. Second straight week I've gone into Monday night with a massive lead. All of my starters scored double figures except for two (who were my first two picks lol).

It's run by a member in NFL-GAF. Prize is a trophy and Taco Bell gift card.

Goddamn it Cooper and Carr..

Pep is seriously going to beat me unless Kareem the Dream saves me again..

Edit- and Carson got hurt?! No!!!!!!!

It's run by a member in NFL-GAF. Prize is a trophy and Taco Bell gift card.

Goddamn it Cooper and Carr..

Pep is seriously going to beat me unless Kareem the Dream saves me again..

Edit- and Carson got hurt?! No!!!!!!!

I know you spent a high draft pick on cooper, but I wouldn't feel good about starting him until he gets his stuff together-way too many drops for my liking. I don't remember if the backup is any good if Carr misses time, but all I remember is the Raiders made it to the playoffs and were promptly elimiated once Carr had that injury last year.

This week was a bad week overall for injuries, but then again last week didn't have many notable injuries and here we are

Doomsayer

I seriously hate Fantasy Football.

I had Murray on the bench last week and lost because of it.

I had Lamar Miller on the bench this week and will likely lose for it.

I'm down 33 and I have Tyreek Hill left. We are in PPR with bonuses, but it's possible.

Miller put up 29 points in my league... I would easily have won. I benched him for Joe Mixon. Scust.

What should I do regarding Dalvin Cook? Cause fuck...

My RBs are LeSean McCoy, Dalvin Cook, CJ Anderson and Bilal Powell. Now with Cook out I'm fucking scared.

Anyone I can try and buy low for??

Jarlaxle

I'm down 12 with only Cousins to go tonight. My opponent has the KC defense as well.

Am I looking at 0-4 or does anyone think I might have a chance to taste sweet victory for the first time this year?

I'm down 12 with only Cousins to go tonight. My opponent has the KC defense as well.

Am I looking at 0-4 or does anyone think I might have a chance to taste sweet victory for the first time this year?
If Cousins go off, KC D will definitely get a bagel unless they sack Cousins.

I'm down by 20 in my final league with Hunt, Hill and Kelce left

I know you spent a high draft pick on cooper, but I wouldn't feel good about starting him until he gets his stuff together-way too many drops for my liking. I don't remember if the backup is any good if Carr misses time, but all I remember is the Raiders made it to the playoffs and were promptly elimiated once Carr had that injury last year.

This week was a bad week overall for injuries, but then again last week didn't have many notable injuries and here we are
I traded for him and Tevin Coleman for Tyreek Hill (I didn't want to wait for him to turn back into a pumpkin with Alex Smith) and Ben Rothlesburger. I had Carr and I wanted to try and pair him up for points as I figured he'd start slow and turn it around (although it appears he's gotten even worse than last year which is very disappointing).

That's one reason why I traded for Dez and Thielen with Howard and Kamara (I had six RBs and only 2 WRs that I could start since Coleman and Higgins went kaput).

Carson's injury sucks.. but I still have Kareem, Gore and Coleman for my Flex so.. not great.. but I can bench Amari for Coleman in my Flex. Dez or Thielen can go in my other WR slot until Amari gets his shit together I suppose.

I need Kareem to get 31 points today to win. Becleve.
I need 17.. if I had stuck with the Denver D instead of switching to the Bucs D (I foolishly believed Amari and Carr would fix themselves).

with trubisky starting, vikings defense looks very tempting (this week and the next couple of weeks) problem is, their offense took a major hit this weekend

Top Bottom