• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Kouriozan

Ok, tonight is "rush to level 50" night", if the NPC that reset your stat in the main game don't want to show up, I'll get that Devil Mirror.

Kouriozan

Hmm, finally, I won't rush.
It'll be hard for miner/woodcutter but oh well.
Edit : just got a letter saying there is a forbidden book, so you need to finish the story AND be level 35 to reset stats!

Linius

Hmm, finally, I won't rush.
It'll be hard for miner/woodcutter but oh well.
Edit : just got a letter saying there is a forbidden book, so you need to finish the story AND be level 35 to reset stats!

I'll most likely be way past 35 by the time I finish the story the way I'm playing now.

Chaos17

I wonder if we will get those updates too :)

Bjuvs0aCEAAX62W.jpg

BgWSxvuCIAEC6SP.jpg

Source : link

Edit : I hope we will have a website too like this http://www.fantasylife.jp/system/site.html

Kouriozan

Hitting 35 hours of playtime soon and still far from activating the DLC.
This game is incredible.
I need to leve up my classes and get those sexy companions~
Wait... the screnshots show them as main characters? o_O
Whuut ??
That's because the DLC added the NPC customization when creating/changing your character. (hair/eyes/mouth)
I guess it added their equipements too.

Linius

Muhahaha, managed to beat two bandits (need 30 for a quest) without losing my rented horse. I don't know why I'm so happy about it but it felt good :lol

Chaos17

Since we got the DLC, this video give a glimpse of its content (I guess? I don't speak japanese)
Don't look at it if you don't want be spoiled about high end level content : http://www.fantasylife.jp/update/index2.html
Source : http://www.fantasylife.jp/update/index2.html

That's because the DLC added the NPC customization when creating/changing your character. (hair/eyes/mouth)
I guess it added their equipements too.

Dunmo, I think I was overthinking about those screenshots beccause I did saw in game that black haired guy xD

daydream

Banned
I remember you guys talking about two houses in Porto, one that's 100k? I think Kourio mentioned that. I was only offered the one for 50k, though. Can I save up for the other one instead (and how can I purchase it)?

=D Happy to see so many people addicted to the game lol
I am too, but gotta finish an application XD
I remember you guys talking about two houses in Porto, one that's 100k? I think Kourio mentioned that. I was only offered the one for 50k, though. Can I save up for the other one instead (and how can I purchase it)?
Probably have to go further in the story? Not too sure though =S

Kouriozan

Porto is 50k
Then Al Maajik is 100k, the forest village one is 150k, etc.
It's super useful for fast travel :)

Linius

Do you guys take NPC's with you when you go adventuring? I some how never feel like inviting them :p

Also still haven't bought a pet. I'm just solo out there.

daydream

Banned
Porto is 50k
Then Al Maajik is 100k, the forest village one is 150k, etc.
It's super useful for fast travel :)

Ah, mixed that up then. Thanks! 50k is a relief after I burnt through a lot of dosh yesterday to outlast the Earth Wraith. :p

Do you guys take NPC's with you when you go adventuring? I some how never feel like inviting them :p

Also still haven't bought a pet. I'm just solo out there.

Yeah, I always have two companions. They easily take care of smaller monsters while serving as distractions on bosses. Reviving is super easy, so I always roll with two people (or my bird, as the case may be).

(Porto char spoiler)
Andy
is a good choice, imo. He casts buffs on you when he feels like it, those are pretty useful.

Also, making allies may unlock some bliss rewards, no?

daydream

Banned
NPC's don't take away your XP by killing enemies for you?

No, not at all. I think everybody gains the same Exp. I haven't monitored it too closely but the NPCs have stats and a level, too, so they should get the same amount. Just run up to them and press X to go through their info.

Grizzo

I don't know how some of you guys managed to play more than 35 hours since friday, it's quite astonishing to be honest

I'm far from being done with the game, but I feel like the main story is a bit tired and over simplistic, so I'm not in a hurry of beating it. Exploring and mastering lives is much funnier!

Kouriozan

I don't know how some of you guys managed to play more than 35 hours since friday, it's quite astonishing to be honest

Well, yesterday it was like "I just need to do this" then "Oh, I can do that too"/"I only need one more of that" and suddenly it was 4 AM :lol

Well, yesterday it was like "I just need to do this" then "Oh, I can do that too"/"I only need one more of that" and suddenly it was 4 AM :lol
Hey you lied, you said you were going to sleep on Link mode =P

Don't blame you XD that one more thing to do is compelling in the game lol

Lanrutcon

If you were challenged to describe this game by comparing it to past (well-known) games, what would be the main comparisons you'd make?

Rune Factory without farming and relationships, but with Animal Crossing style home making and a stronger JRPG backend.

If you ever wanted to hit a cow with an enchanted Demonic Scimitar in Animal Crossing to make a swimsuit from its skin, then you're in for a treat.

After Nature

Neo Member
It kinda funny that everytime I start up the game and complete a challange or two Kourio is there to applaude me.
The game is quite addictive.

It kinda funny that everytime I start up the game and complete a challange or two Kourio is there to applaude me.
The game is quite very addictive.
FTFY

Has anyone discovered if applauding rewards you with anything? Only seen it go you've been applauded x amounts and you've applauded x times.

Linius

Set foot in the Nautilus Cave for the first time. Having a break now before I go exploring. Hoping to do the last few challenges there so I can rank up angler, miner and paladin to expert all at the same time. Then I'll go back working on my blacksmithing and trying to earn some of that 50K back I just spend in Porto Puerto.

MicH

Just made ut to Al Majiik. Really like it, very fairy-tale-ish with flying carpets and what not. Gonna go back to Porto Puerto though, as I need to do so much they're first

And woah, you guys were right about Paladin - super easy to rank up!

Mekere

The requirement to become legendary cook are insane! Lvl 15 in all the cooking skills minimum and of course I'll have to cook perfectly the monster fish that I can't fish yet.

That will be hard. :(

Robin64

Getting Smash on day one, but it won't take up my time like Fantasy Life does. A few matches every so often will be enough of that.

Linius

I bought Smash a couple of weeks back. Will arrive on friday, but much like Robin I won't playing hours on end.

But it will be nice to switch between Smash and this.

daydream

Banned
I still need to finish Hyrule Warriors, and Theatrhythm deserves more of time, as well. With Smash, Pokemon and Disney Magical World on the way, this Q4 is nuts. Games like Persona Q and Bayo 1+2 will have to wait till sometime next year.

Oh, and my semester break is ending soon. The cruelty!

Velcro Fly

Yep I'm not ready for this fall's lineup either. Last year with all the releases I did so well staying on top of things. This year I have 3-4 games I want to finish before all these games come out and it is a struggle. I feel like taking a personal day or two from work this week just to clear backlog!

Watching LPs for this game is brutal, firstly because it just makes me want the game even more, but secondly because some of these people have no idea what they're doing and it's really annoying/tedious.

Asking what to do/where to go/can I do this/etc. when the game LITERALLY JUST TOLD YOU. Sometimes the explanation was still on the damn screen! Maybe it's not a good idea to barrel through all the text so fast, huh? *facepalm*

People should of course play however they like, but if you're gonna stream/record the game for other people to see, maybe you should pay attention to what's going on. :/

Kouriozan

I watched Linandko video about this game the week before release.
It's the japanese version but they explain absolutely everything.

Top Bottom