• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

ramyeon

How much does the first house cost? (And which is the first house?)
You can move in the first town for 12,000 Dosh. First Holiday Home in the Port town is 50,000 Dosh.
It's what us crazy people do who want to fight the insane bosses.

Btw, has anyone actually finished the runner plant (I think its called runner plant) request? I apparently managed to find one at some point, but I've never been able to find anymore. I apparently need five of them.
Why buy armour when it's cheaper to craft with better results? ;)

Linius

6K and 12K. The 12K one is the rather nice looking house. And the 6K one is the fixer upper in the artisans district. I suggest to just stay in your attic and not waste dosh on a fancy house you don't do anything with. Rather save up for a real nice house when you progress in the game.

ramyeon

6K and 12K. The 12K one is the rather nice looking house. And the 6K one is the fixer upper in the artisans district. I suggest to just stay in your attic and not waste dosh on a fancy house you don't do anything with. Rather save up for a real nice house when you progress in the game.
I moved to the Log Cabin because I wanted to be close to the Stable and my horse. 12K isn't really a lot in the grand scheme of things. You can recoup that from crafting some armour and selling it.

JordanKZ

Why buy armour when it's cheaper to craft with better results? ;)

You're probably not wrong. I've still only mastered (and in fact played) two of the lives. I've spent more time on Other Requests than anything else in the game. I plan on finishing Chapter 6 and then mastering mining and smithing.

Linius

I moved to the Log Cabin because I wanted to be close to the Stable and my horse. 12K isn't really a lot in the grand scheme of things. You can recoup that from crafting some armour and selling it.

That's a good point I guess. 12K is affordable of course. Think I'll be doing some iron smithing after I master some crafting skills. Then I can use all the logs and ores I gathered to make swords or shields. What would you guys think is the best item to make and sell for an adept blacksmith? For pure profit I mean.

Kouriozan

Either you move out in the first town (Castel) and it cost 6k or 12k (there is 2 houses at first) or progressing in the story give you an house to buy in each town and cost 50k/100k/150k/etc dosh.

Edit : didn't notice the new page.

Cerity

That's a good point I guess. 12K is affordable of course. Think I'll be doing some iron smithing after I master some crafting skills. Then I can use all the logs and ores I gathered to make swords or shields. What would you guys think is the best item to make and sell for an adept blacksmith? For pure profit I mean.

I make more than enough money making whatever tbh, no need to worry about min/maxing in this game at all. Just follow what the quests ask and you should be fine.

That's with the gathering skills though. I rarely have to actually buy anything.

How am I just reading about this game....for the first time. It looks like Animal Crossing in a way to me. You all enjoying it so far? I think I might preorder after reading the OP and watching some trailers.

Linius

I make more than enough money making whatever tbh, no need to worry about min/maxing in this game at all. Just follow what the quests ask and you should be fine.

That's with the gathering skills though. I rarely have to actually buy anything.

I needed to invest in beams and a couple of fabrics like wool and such because I have no carpeting or tailor skills yet. So being just a blacksmith means you still have to invest to make stuff.

Marow

So is this charming and addictive or just addictive?

It seems really cozy and sweet, but it also looks like a timekiller for better or for worse. Which side does it lean more towards?

Linius

So is this charming and addictive or just addictive?

It seems really cozy and sweet, but it also looks like a timekiller for better or for worse. Which side does it lean more towards?

I'm not exactly sure what you want to know but I'm burning time in this game because I enjoy it a lot and it's addictive to keep upgrading your skills and just walk around in the world they created.

Joqu

Anyone here know if the Nap Dragon respawns like the other boss monsters?

It's not like I'd be able to defeat her yet (or want to attempt such a thing if she's gonna be gone for good :() but I'd like to know in advance.

Linius

It's not like I'd be able to defeat her yet (or want to attempt such a thing if she's gonna be gone for good :() but I'd like to know in advance.

It's a challenge for the adept paladin to beat the nap dragon. I'm yet to do it but I suppose it will return like the others.

Kouriozan

Yes, he respawn eventually.

ramyeon

I needed to invest in beams and a couple of fabrics like wool and such because I have no carpeting or tailor skills yet. So being just a blacksmith means you still have to invest to make stuff.
Yeah that's no problem. I often find myself buying mats when I'm too lazy to make them from scratch. You'll still make a good profit regardless.

I find armours the most profitable. As long as they're High-Top quality you'll be making a sizeable profit on each set.

JordanKZ

Yaaaa...ok I just preorderd this. Man how have I not heard about this till now >.>

Nintendo seem to be doing what I'm calling "youtube marketing" here in the UK at least. There's a few popular lets players that Nintendo seem to have sponsored (i.e.: Given advanced copies and allowed to make money off it). They did the same thing with Tomodachi Life, and that paid off for them.

Linius

Nintendo seem to be doing what I'm calling "youtube marketing" here in the UK at least. There's a few popular lets players that Nintendo seem to have sponsored (i.e.: Given advanced copies and allowed to make money off it). They did the same thing with Tomodachi Life, and that paid off for them.

Am I the only person only looking up LP's for games I'm already interested in? I don't follow any of these players regularly with every game they play :p

JordanKZ

Am I the only person only looking up LP's for games I'm already interested in? I don't follow any of these players regularly with every game they play :p

A couple of the lesser known Yogscast guys are LP'ing it, Kim and Zoey. They seemed to do pretty well with Tomodachi, so I'm guessing Nintendo hope lightning with strike twice.

Linius

A couple of the lesser known Yogscast guys are LP'ing it, Kim and Zoey. They seemed to do pretty well with Tomodachi, so I'm guessing Nintendo hope lightning with strike twice.

Yeah, I came across them when I was looking up stuff about the game. Another guy from the yogcast team too I saw. And a Japanese (I think) couple who talk English and play Japanese copies of games. They also did a lot of Fantasy Life last year.

Must say that these videos are very informative for finding out if this was something for me. More than the treehouse footage.

Kouriozan

Woot, Master blacksmith, 10 job to master left! :lol
And then there is Hero, Legend and God, wow.
The Magician song was better.

Mekere

I'm one fish short to become a legendary angler. But it's a hell of a fish. I fought it twice already and barely managed to cut its health in two. It's the only fish in the game that give me some troubles. >_<

So, while I'm looking for a solution, I'm back to my cooking lessons. I'm a master now and try to understand what seasoning does :p

Linius

I'm mastering my study skills currently.

It's nowhere near as much fun I'm afraid. Unless you're interested in modal splits and why people travel around.

I'm so desperate to play today :(
I've played as a Carpenter and Woodcutter so far and only just reached Port Puerto, but I can't progress in either Life now until I reach the desert.
I think I'll try out the Blacksmith and Miner when I play later...

It would be nice if when going online, instead of closing Link mode you could see that the player is online instead and whether they're hosting or visiting somewhere else.
Whenever I'm playing but not signed into Link it's because I have Multiplayer on and set to invite.
I've had a couple of people drop by but unless you happen to be searching for a game during that time there's no way you'll know, which is a little annoying.

I'm falling behind you guys so I guess we wouldn't have much to do right now anyway though haha

Linius

Make sure to mine before you go blacksmith. Probably makes sense but wanted to mention it anyways. If you mine first you already have the materials at hand when you start smithing. So you don't have to buy your ores at the shop.

Will do, thanks for mentioning it.
I was actually thinking of doing it the other way around, so I could make a pick that I could then use to mine... but I see now it doesn't make that much sense :)

Linius

I was wondering something, is it possible to give each other items like in Animal Crossing? I haven't been online yet so I'm not sure how it all works. Would be cool if you can craft a nice table with your name on it and then gift it to a friend who's not a master carpenter.

MicH

So I went Paladin and I'm really liking it so far - shop much more damage output compared to my ol' dagger :p I decided to explore the lava cavern and for some cool bounties, all of which I lost when I ran into a beast of a fire spirit! :( I'm also having trouble mining and cutting the trees in there. Did get some cool lava fish, though

Linius

The lava cave is just a really tough area. One boss tree and boss mining thing (behind the fire golem) I can't damage yet. And that fire spirit thing at the end is way too strong as well. I did catch the tuna though, it's an adept angler challenge. Was quite the fight. I'm very close to expert angler now.

I was wondering something, is it possible to give each other items like in Animal Crossing? I haven't been online yet so I'm not sure how it all works. Would be cool if you can craft a nice table with your name on it and then gift it to a friend who's not a master carpenter.

Yeah it is possible, but it's not so convenient.
There's a red trunk in the Guild office that all players can put items into for others to take out. It seems so far that you can put any sort of item into it.
This office is the only time you can do this though.
I had a Cook over yesterday and we were getting wrecked in the Lava Cave. I was out of potions and he wanted to give me some food he'd made for health but you can't :(

You can't save online, but going into the trunk forces the game to save, so that's a nice way to get around that.
The trunk also gets around bounties too. As only one player can cash one in, I've been putting half of what I get in the trunk for others so they don't miss out.

MicH

The lava cave is just a really tough area. One boss tree and boss mining thing (behind the fire golem) I can't damage yet. And that fire spirit thing at the end is way too strong as well. I did catch the tuna though, it's an adept angler challenge. Was quite the fight. I'm very close to expert angler now.
Didn't even give the tuna a try, but maybe I should. I have to to go back in there and get the bounty from the golem again

Linius

Yeah it is possible, but it's not so convenient.
There's a red trunk in the Guild office that all players can put items into for others to take out. It seems so far that you can put any sort of item into it.
This office is the only time you can do this though.
I had a Cook over yesterday and we were getting wrecked in the Lava Cave. I was out of potions and he wanted to give me some food he'd made for health but you can't :(

You can't save online, but going into the trunk forces the game to save, so that's a nice way to get around that.
The trunk also gets around bounties too. As only one player can cash one in, I've been putting half of what I get in the trunk for others so they don't miss out.

Oh you can put a bag of dosh in there too? Just like I always tossed around bags of bells :p

Cerity

This game is a serious "just one more thing" type deal. Was meant to be in bed an hour ago :p

Got Smith and Miner to expert, no master for me. I spent too much time trying to get the rare drops from each of the caves >_>

Robin64

Can't wait to get home and get back on this. I have shitloads of ore at varying levels at this point, so gonna Blacksmith it up large!

Also.. DAFUQ Chopper

MicH

My ore have been completely used up. Curse you, Blacksmith life! :p Time to go get my hands on some silver in Porto Puerto!

Anybody know what the Dash level goes up to?

Been holding off on getting a horse until I maxed it, which I assumed would be at level 10 but now I'm there it's started rolling over into level 11.....

Robin64

I wonder when we'll see the rest of the DLC....

Angel Mirror - Re-customise your avatar from your room
Devil Mirror - Free stat reset from your room
Hypersensitivity of the Rainbow - Dye things from your room
The Royal Path - Airships and inns are free
Richman Boots - More Dosh drops from monsters
Skip Sandals - Dashing doesn't use SP
Happy Shoes - Just simply double experience
Ring of the Stars - Increased HP recovery
Ring of the Moon - Increased SP recovery
Ring of the Sun - Special moves charge faster
Love Cloak - Friendship with NPC party members raises more quickly
Glove of Friendship - Get item from a StreetPass guy first time
Supernatural Glove - Resurrects a friend to full HP
Treasure Glove - Chests drop two items

Robin64

Yeah, seems it is good value. For all those items, Japanese players had to pay another 2800 yen. That's about 25 US dollars, 15 English quid or 20 weird Euro things.

Top Bottom