• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Kouriozan

I have dash level 15 and still far from activating the DLC for that max skill level becoming 20, oh well.
Edit : just bought the 200k house in the last zone and now I'm ruined.
But now you can teleport to your houses in coop :(

MicH

Finally got my own horse :) Really cool. Chose the black one :p Also started a Life as an Alchemist. You can make some really cool stuff, but I need to gather so much stuff to make a lot of these items

Social

This game is crack!

I am mining now after hunting and I can still do the hubting stuff too, well it's just using a bow.

I am wondering, if I try to become something else now, will I still be able to mine?

Also, I can't seem to get through that huge rock in the lava cave, even though The quest is in my rank range. Do I need more strength? Or a better mining tool?

Chaos17

New town(Al Majik), new armor (gold set), new hairstlyle seri nº2.
Again, I make her hair grew longer.

zlCfzSfyumM36NHlAM

;__; everyone's such a higher level than me XD

So has any GAFers tried multiplayer with anyone else? Good? Anything feeling restricting? Gonna try it out with my cousin when he gets his 3DS.
Things you can't do in co-op :
- use quick map teleport
- talk to NPC quest so be sure to take quest before going online
- can only trade through a chest at the guild
- you can't change job
- you can't advance in the story
- you can't use the hairstyler

Good thing about co-op :
- exp is shared
- each player has his own loot so no need to fight over loot. Only bounties are unique and up to 3 for all the party. You get more exp if all players kill the same mob.
- I think challenge like killing X mobs are shared, though I'm not sure.

That's probably the only big negative side of this game, the co-op because you can't do quests or story with friends like in other "mmorpg". So I only party to farm a map or make some trade.

This game is crack!

I am mining now after hunting and I can still do the hubting stuff too, well it's just using a bow.

I am wondering, if I try to become something else now, will I still be able to mine?

Also, I can't seem to get through that huge rock in the lava cave, even though The quest is in my rank range. Do I need more strength? Or a better mining tool?
Yes, you can do any craft and collect jobs no matter what is your class but keep in mind that some class challenges are specific to their class. Also if possible play the right job for the right task because they got bonus to let you make things easier.

Usually when you can't cut or mine it's because of the tool then the rank and stat depending of the job.
So you will have to comeback later because for example only at level 45+ with the earth pike I was able to mine that rock and I'm master miner ;)

Kouriozan

And Hunter is now mastered.
4 job left (angler, cook, mercenary, paladin) then I should be level 50 and even if not, I'll work on getting that God Magician licence and the mirrors ASAP.

- use quick map teleport
- you can't change job

Good thing about co-op :
- exp is shared
- each player has his own loot so no need to fight over loot. Only bounties are unique and up to 3 for all the party. You get more exp if all players kill the same mob.

That's probably the only big negative side of this game, the co-op because you can't do quests or story with friends like in other "mmorpg". So I only party to farm a map or make some trade.
Ah that is a shame guess I'll party up for farming and trading and maybe some crazy ass boss then lol.

Chaos17

And Hunter is now mastered.
4 job left (angler, cook, mercenary, paladin) then I should be level 50 and even if not, I'll work on getting that God Magician licence and the mirrors ASAP.
Gratz!
I also mastered 4 jobs, I was really surprised how quick that was compared to previous rank.

Ah that is a shame guess I'll party up for farming and trading and maybe some crazy ass boss then lol.
Yeah, it's fun to kill bosses in co-op :D

Kouriozan

Currently doing angler, I'm glad I restated since it's still kinda hard with 50 focus.
Edit : there we go, Master Angler. Cook is next.

Chaos17

Currently doing angler, I'm glad I restated since it's still kinda hard with 50 focus.
Edit : there we go, Master Angler. Cook is next.

Gratz!
I just have 16 in Focus and I didn't find hard the angler mastering. I guess my Whirlpool rod I droped from a turtle elite is enough beasty to do the job in the beach isands.

Maiar_m

I boosted luck to 25 and I only ever drop shit :( anyways, 30h in I'm an adept blacksmith, miner and carpenter, and an expert woodcutter and hunter. Level 30. The issue is that each level up sends me on throes as to where should I send my two points! Too many choices :x

Kouriozan

Gratz!
I just have 16 in Focus and I didn't find hard the angler mastering. I guess my Whirlpool rod I droped from a turtle elite is enough beasty to do the job in the beach isands.
Thanks.
Going to master cook tonight then doing the 2 left tomorrow.

ramyeon

I boosted luck to 25 and I only ever drop shit :( anyways, 30h in I'm an adept blacksmith, miner and carpenter, and an expert woodcutter and hunter. Level 30. The issue is that each level up sends me on throes as to where should I send my two points! Too many choices :x
Don't stress over it, post game you can reset and reassign stays anyway.

So any of you got a song from the game stuck in your head that you hum to yourself every now and then?

Mine's the kitchen theme in Castele, where you do the chef's life that starts to sound like a Russian song part way through, it's that people like humming part that gets me XD

ramyeon

I'm doing Paladin as my first job, yet I almost never use the shield lol. Does it really matter? Should I just change to another job?
You don't need to equip a shield as Paladin, in fact if you do then you don't have access to the second sword charge move you learn while levelling up Paladin. I removed the shield pretty much right away.

Chaos17

I'm doing Paladin as my first job, yet I almost never use the shield lol. Does it really matter? Should I just change to another job?

Fantasy life is one of the rare game where you can really block with a shield and yes, using it will raise its skill. Each weapon type has a level and you can't carry some weapon or tools if you don't have the level to wear it.

ramyeon

Was going to do Woodcutter next but I think I might do Hunter instead, the combat classes seem to be pretty damn easy to level up.

I took down the dinosaur on Mt. Snowpeak!
As I'm weak and just have a dagger it was pretty epic and took forever, it's my first gold crown kill so I'm happy.

I'm 40 hours in and have just gotten the letter from the king to go to Port Puerto.
I'm slow haha. Have done 50+ sub-quests though and am in no hurry to finish the story.

ramyeon

Got Hunter from Adept to Master, should have Hero by this afternoon! Not that fond of the class though. Damage output is significantly less than I was doing with Paladin :( maybe I just need a better bow (Using a Fire Bow or something).

Kouriozan

Took longer than expected to be master cook, it's 3 AM already here >.<
Oh well, 2 left before I focus on Magician.
As I'm weak and just have a dagger it was pretty epic and took forever, it's my first gold crown kill so I'm happy.

I'm 40 hours in and have just gotten the letter from the king to go to Port Puerto.
I'm slow haha. Have done 50+ sub-quests though and am in no hurry to finish the story.
Took tons of sub suest and have completed like 3 of them :lol

ramyeon

I have to say I'm kind of disappointed that the story parts are just massive text dumps with very little interaction or gameplay. I'm glad the open world stuff and side quests make up for it.

quabba

Damn I just did that story part last night at lvl15 and 15 hours in. I felt pretty underpowered as a hunter in that region tho. Had to avoid a lot of enemies.

ramyeon

Got my pet dragon!

zlCfzSf3RvcNE2P6Qx

The enemies in the fourth area are a pretty big step up in difficulty it seems. They hit pretty hard even though I'm at level 40.

yayaba

So those that have played co-op (if I can even call it that), how does it work? Is it just the main story that you cannot progress together? Can you:

1) Pick up side quests together
2) Or is your quest list basically locked down when someone comes to visit and so at least your friends can help you complete your quests (and vice versa?).
3) Or can you not even complete side quests together and it's just free roaming, kill creeps, and trade items?

1 would be awesome, 2 just as good, and 3 the worst.

I've been getting my wife really into simulation games recently (Tomodachi Life, Rune Factory 4, and now Animal Crossing) so this seems like the next logical step for her. Great thing about AC is we can actually somewhat play together as well.

Quoting myself but I posted this way back before the game came out and someone mentioned that it's option #1. But after reading some posts from people that have co-op'ed it sounds like it's just option #3 now. So which is it?

quabba

Got my pet dragon!

zlCfzSf3RvcNE2P6Qx

The enemies in the fourth area are a pretty big step up in difficulty it seems. They hit pretty hard even though I'm at level 40.

Why do the dragons have to look so dumb... Shame...

I almost asked if you had hit the DLC as I thought there were ony 3 towns/areas but you can't at lvl40

Quoting myself but I posted this way back before the game came out and someone mentioned that it's option #1. But after reading some posts from people that have co-op'ed it sounds like it's just option #3 now. So which is it?

I don't think the game fits into your system. You have all the life challenges available to you at all times so you help each other with them, but you can't swap life in muti so that limits some things.

ramyeon

Why do the dragons have to look so dumb... Shame...

I almost asked if you had hit the DLC as I thought there were ony 3 towns/areas but you can't at lvl40

I don't think the game fits into your system. You have all the life challenges available to you at all times so you help each other with them, but you can't swap life in muti so that limits some things.
I like this dragon! I think it looks cute, and it fits the aesthetic of the game. I think "cool" looking dragons would have looked pretty out of place. You do need to have bought the DLC to get them, but they're available before beating the main story (Like the Birds are in the starting town).

Chaos17

Number 3.

- use quick map teleport
- you can't change job

Good thing about co-op :
- exp is shared

quabba

I like this dragon! I think it looks cute, and it fits the aesthetic of the game. I think "cool" looking dragons would have looked pretty out of place. You do need to have bought the DLC to get them, but they're available before beating the main story (Like the Birds are in the starting town).

Sorry to insult your
dumb looking
pet dragon. I just wish they didn't have stuff on their head. If it was a mini napdragon it would look great. Anyway I got my pet dog and cat Rollin with me I don't need no birds or dragons!

I do like that all the birds, at least in Port Puerto talk they are on twitter.

ramyeon

Sorry to insult your
dumb looking
pet dragon. I just wish they didn't have stuff on their head. If it was a mini napdragon it would look great. Anyway I got my pet dog and cat Rollin with me I don't need no birds or dragons!

I do like that all the birds, at least in Port Puerto talk they are on twitter.
The other choices are the baby Napdragons with the strawberries on their head or one that looks more like a blue mini Napdragon with nothing on its head.

ramyeon

If I hadn't already found 2 I would be convinced that Elder Oak Logs don't exist. Seriously, I can't believe this challenge is still uncompleted for me.

Top Bottom