• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Kouriozan

50 hours in, and still not reached the DLC.

N0q9p1U.jpg

XaosWolf

Just took down the Napdragon with Jude and Laura.
Laura actually started the fight herself.

Took a little while, but was good to see a golden bounty. =D

Kouriozan

I don't know if you need to have 100 hearts with Yuelia and Aelia to access the DLC, but either way, once your level 45 you can have Aelia so I took her in my party.
The answer in 5 level i guess.
Where is the house you can buy in Al Majiik?
Left of the library.

daydream

Banned
Just took down the Napdragon with Jude and Laura.
Laura actually started the fight herself.

Took a little while, but was good to see a golden bounty. =D

Bit weird that you can kill Napdragon after helping him in the story. :p

I look forward to it!

MicH

I don't know if you need to have 100 hearts with Yuelia and Aelia to access the DLC, but either way, once your level 45 you can have Aelia so I took her in my party.
The answer in 5 level i guess.
Left of the library.
Many thanks! I have over 200k so it's time. Will be nice to teleport there

Linius

Then you haven't been keeping up with your gear :(

Upgrade your weapon, and keep trying: the Nap Dragon has a very nice Paladin drop.

I still have my iron sword which isn't very effective. For some reason there is no recipe for a silver sword while I can make almost everything else in silver now :/

Kouriozan

There we go, every jobs mastered, now I can focus on Magician :)
I still have my iron sword which isn't very effective. For some reason there is no recipe for a silver sword while I can make almost everything else in silver now :/
You have to talk to the NPC with the "?", one of them will give you the recipe.
Forgot who though :s

MicH

Then you haven't been keeping up with your gear :(

Upgrade your weapon, and keep trying: the Nap Dragon has a very nice Paladin drop.
But I have! All gold armor and I'm using the Master rank sword that you're given

Just beat the T-Rex on Snowpeak though

Linius

There we go, every jobs mastered, now I can focus on Magician :)

You have to talk to the NPC with the "?", one of them will give you the recipe.
Forgot who though :s

I usually talk to all the NPC's with questionmarks, must have missed one somewhere :(

So, is this game basically a cross between Animal Crossing and a JRPG? I hate to be reductive, but based on what I've read I can't really wrap my head around it...

Linius

Maybe it's the legendary blacksmith in the lava cave?

I think I already spoke to him on my current blacksmith rank. I do know there's a sword in a stone in the waterfall cave that wants to speak to me once I'm an expert. And I can gather enough stars with the challenges I have now to become expert. Just have to gather some more resources to make those items.

I guess once I'm an expert blacksmith some interesting things will pop up. Need to improve my armour and weapon by now. Minor story spoiler:
That idiot knight in golden armour did more damage than me when he was in my party for the fourth main quest :p

XaosWolf

What the heck does it take to damage the Dragon Scab? >=|

I usually talk to all the NPC's with questionmarks, must have missed one somewhere :(

I believe its the blacksmith guy north of the actual craftshop in Port Puerto, at the end of the docks with some pirates.

Mekere

So, is this game basically a cross between Animal Crossing and a JRPG? I hate to be reductive, but based on what I've read I can't really wrap my head around it...

Beside the community, it has nothing to do with Animal crossing. Except maybe the possibility of decorate your houses to your taste and that's still a bit far fetched. It's a RPG, a bit like a Rune factory minus the farming.

Cerity

The games got the pace and some of the character/writing of an AC game. Other than that it's got the gathering and crafting systems of an mmo, which are on the good side. And the combat is kind of like a basic arpg/hack and slash.

That's odd, are you playing on a SD card ? Because I'm playing on a cadridge and the game never crashed for me even after 50 hours of gameplay.

Cartridge.

Kouriozan

Here is the "Devil Jho" I was talking about in game.
That music is so epic though. Of course he is super strong and I can't beat him.

dV856mt.jpg

Edit : just became Hero Magician, Legend is next!
Edit 2 : I'm two bosses away from being legend, and of course they take ages to kill.
Edit 3 : one down, but used all my potions >.<
Edit 4 : yay!

A4JYZtp.jpg

ramyeon

Here is the "Devil Jho" I was talking about in game.
That music is so epic though. Of course he is super strong and I can't beat him.

dV856mt.jpg

Edit : just became Hero Magician, Legend is next!
Edit 2 : I'm two bosses away from being legend, and of course they take ages to kill.
Edit 3 : one down, but used all my potions >.<
Edit 4 : yay!

A4JYZtp.jpg
Yeah that guy is scary as. The Golden Dragon is pretty scary too, don't think I'm ready to take either on just yet.

Kouriozan

You're around lvl. 50, right Kourio? So was that the hardest boss in the base game?
I think there is harder bosses.
Just reached 50 and got new story quest, currently doing it until I reach the Origin Island at least.

Ok, DLC spoiler :
Speaking to "someone" in the very very last aera of the main game with the quest unlock your level/stats/skill level to be 200/100/20, finally :)
Plus you have to talk to him to start your God licence quest, and you get the teleport in the map menu to see him quickly.
When you are Legend and talk to him, he give you half-God licence while increasing that job max skill level to 20, I got some new attacks too.

Cerity

Just ran across the dragon in the ancient ruins lol. First time a monster has just been flatout too strong for me, it nearly 1 hit me.

Hedge

Man I hit a slump with tailoring. Can't find Wonderful buttons for sale, and I'm not sure which monsters droos flax thread.

weekev

Banned
You can get better swords from shops in other locations eg Al Majik has an awesome sword thats almost as good as Paladin.

I just took down the Golden Dragon, needed 3 life cures and it took about an hour of hard graft but damn it was worth it.

Linius

I haven't taken down any of the HUGE monsters. I guess I should buy that sword in Al Maajik then and gather a party. Actually haven't really explored Al Maajik yet since after the story quest I had to report to Erik again in Castele and talk to Pam of course. Then I took my horse out for a ride to Porto Puerto to gather some more silver, sunny puff's and palm logs. And then I crossed the west grassy plains and saved at that little camp. So next time I'm crossing the ravine again collecting some beast hides and then I'll explore Al Maajik.

It's like a great adventure :p

Cerity

Merc mastered :D Think its time to push ahead in the story again.

Also saw some talk about the dlc earlier, here's some concrete stuff.

HNI_0090_JPG.jpg

Chaos17

Finally mastered all jobs except for the combat classes that I don't use.
You can really feel when you don't have enough in a stat specially for aclhemy and when you don't have the right tool when doing the challenges -.-'

It's time now to continue the story.

Maiar_m

Master Hunter and Master Woodcutter. Next are blacksmith, miner and carpenter but I'm in no rush. The feeling of progression you get when defeating a boss monster you had so much troubles getting rid off a few levels before is quite nice (that dino on top of Snowpeak Mnt).

Oh also, be careful when you equip items >_< I had crafted a perfect Savage set and was happy with it. I then did a Gold armor and helmet, which boosted my stats so I equipped... Only to find myself butt-naked when switching back to Hunter! I had sold my Savage set :(

Linius

Master Hunter and Master Woodcutter. Next are blacksmith, miner and carpenter but I'm in no rush. The feeling of progression you get when defeating a boss monster you had so much troubles getting rid off a few levels before is quite nice (that dino on top of Snowpeak Mnt).

Oh also, be careful when you equip items >_< I had crafted a perfect Savage set and was happy with it. I then did a Gold armor and helmet, which boosted my stats so I equipped... Only to find myself butt-naked when switching back to Hunter! I had sold my Savage set :(

Yeah, not every life can wear the same sets. Sucks to find that out the hard way though :p

Kouriozan

Merc mastered :D Think its time to push ahead in the story again.

Also saw some talk about the dlc earlier, here's some concrete stuff.

HNI_0090_JPG.jpg
Ah, she is called Noelia in english, I see.
I just had both in my party and a story quest showed up once I hit level 50.
Finished the first DLC story quest yesterday and saved just after so I couldn't fully explore Origin Island but it looked big for the 2 aera the story takes you to.

Chopper

It finally arrived! I've just had time to tuck into a bit of angling, and got my fledgling status. Will tuck into it a bit more later.

One question though. How am I supposed to know which points are important for which life? My first two pints I stuck into Luck and Strength.

Kouriozan

It finally arrived! I've just had time to tuck into a bit of angling, and got my fledgling status. Will tuck into it a bit more later.

One question though. How am I supposed to know which points are important for which life? My first two pints I stuck into Luck and Strength.
It says in game but here you can see more stuff about it.

Finished off the Port story quests.
All jobs I'm experienced in hinge on me going to the desert to progress in them.
Think I'll start the Hunter life later, build that up until I need to go to the desert, then finally go and level up all jobs at once.

I seem to spend my days just waiting and planning what I'm gonna do when I get to play this in the evening :)

Top Bottom