• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Linius

Once you complete it you'll find a lot more of them probably. Happens to me anyways. Like a slap in the face, here have some more elder logs for your troubles.

Saw michs post on rubies. These were hard to find indeed. Had to clear out the lava cave four times to find three rubies. Amethysts were pretty hard too.

quabba

Is anyone into the DLC proper? I think there was one person who had but I'd like to hear some impressions of that content.

ramyeon

Once you complete it you'll find a lot more of them probably. Happens to me anyways. Like a slap in the face, here have some more elder logs for your troubles.

Saw michs post on rubies. These were hard to find indeed. Had to clear out the lava cave four times to find three rubies. Amethysts were pretty hard too.
Haha yeah that's the way it seems to go. Finally cutting down all those elemental trees I've seen throughout the game feels so good.

Never had issues with jewels myself, logs though...

ramyeon

That feeling when you go to report your challenges to your Life Master and you have like 8000 stars. So good.

About 2000 to go until Woodcutter Hero.

Edit:

zlCfzSf4bRsj4kbY5X

Aaand done. Wasn't too bad. A bit of running back and forth to get Elder Logs.

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSf4ceYEoInI7l

Spoilers for Woodcutter Hero Set. I think this is my favourite one yet! Tempting to stay as a Woodcutter for a bit haha. I'm getting two Lives to Hero rank a day atm so tomorrow I guess I'll do Blacksmith and Carpenter. Then there's only Tailor left of the Lives I've started so far... will have to start Magician, Alchemist and Cook once I can reset my stats!

So how do you own a horse?
Got my dash to level 15 yesterday so I can finally stop running everywhere, now it's time to travel in style!

Damn I just did that story part last night at lvl15 and 15 hours in. I felt pretty underpowered as a hunter in that region tho. Had to avoid a lot of enemies.

I like that considering I'm overpowered for where I am in the game (lvl 30), that there are still creatures lurking everywhere that can destroy me. I've never felt too strong in the game yet, so I think it's balanced well.

Quoting myself but I posted this way back before the game came out and someone mentioned that it's option #1. But after reading some posts from people that have co-op'ed it sounds like it's just option #3 now. So which is it?

You can't do story (Flutter) quests but all jobs for each Life you have experience in and all sub-quests you currently have active are all doable in multi.
All can be done simultaneously too as in single player so I've been doing sub, woodcutter and mining quests all at the same time whilst playing co-op.
You can't switch lives or take up new sub-quests so it pays to line a few quests up before heading online.

It's a Bliss Reward that unlocks after you get the steeds from each town (Horse, Turtle and Camel).

Ahh makes sense, thanks. I've only just unlocked the one for renting horses so I guess it'll take me a little while to own one.
I've been a little boring with my Bliss rewards (got all the bag upgrades, then a storage upgrade and then all of the different towns shopping perks) so now I can start getting fun stuff :)

Maiar_m

Hunter Challenge : Kill a Bigbeak. Well alrighty then, let's get going, I'm lvl 30 for god's sake I can do that.

I'M SO SORRY PLEASE LET ME LEAVE I SWEAR I WON'T COME AGAIN.

Sometimes I understand why you guys play online :(

ramyeon

Hunter Challenge : Kill a Bigbeak. Well alrighty then, let's get going, I'm lvl 30 for god's sake I can do that.

I'M SO SORRY PLEASE LET ME LEAVE I SWEAR I WON'T COME AGAIN.

Sometimes I understand why you guys play online :(
Bigbeak was pretty tough even when I fought him at high 30s haha. I took Odin and the Purple Haired Paladin girl though so they did pretty well against him.

Wait until you see some of the bosses in the Ancient Ruins.

Maiar_m

Yeah bosses are though but great. I spent an in-game night and full day to defeat the dino at the top of Snowpeak tower yesterday. That feeling of achievement...

Linius

When I see I do them one point damage with a normal hit I just run. It would take an insane amount of potions and time to kill :p

redcrayon

Four hours in and I'm just adoring this. So far I've pottered around, trying out a couple of the gatherer jobs and just exploring.

There's so much to do but it's just so laid back and relaxing as well. At one point I found myself appraising a piece of ore, making a few test cuts to make sure I could crack it with a perfect finish, and then later on sneaking up on monsters as a hunter, before hiring a horse and charging across the plains because it sounded like fun! It seems like you can just gently chip away at it or just enjoy being part of the world.

Absolutely perfect for the commute- I've already had a couple of streetpass hits in London and some nice presents from people who must have been playing constantly since last Friday!

ramyeon

The stuff required to get from Master to Hero in smithing is pretty crazy. Lots of rare drops needed to make all those armour sets and weapons.

Delstius

The stuff required to get from Master to Hero in smithing is pretty crazy. Lots of rare drops needed to make all those armour sets and weapons.

It's not that hard if you farm things on a regular basis and keep tailor & carpenter at a decent level. Doing it from scratch is another story.
The smith hero set was a little let down regarding the armor recoloration option though.

ramyeon

My game crashed.

Hadn't saved since I got to Master Woodcutter.

Kinda pissed :/

Edit: Actually very pissed lol. I'm gonna have to do all these tedious Woodcutter challenges over again to get back to Hero... and then all the Blacksmith stuff I'd done after that too. Was just checking my Blacksmith recipes, backed out of the menu and the screen went black. Popped up saying there was an error and my 3DS would restart.

Linius

Aw man, that sucks! I save like every time I come across one of these things, always afraid for something like that to happen.

ramyeon

Aw man, that sucks! I save like every time I come across one of these things, always afraid for something like that to happen.
Haha yeah... I'm too used to games that auto save. I will definitely be saving more often from now on... Guess I'll do it tomorrow, don't even wanna look at my 3DS right now haha.

I save like a maniac in every game that has save points /system

probably to the point where it starts ruining my flow of the game.

I am not a big fan of animal crossing even though I have it.
Is this going to be good for me?
I think having stuff to actually do and aim for makes it seem like its up my street.

Cerity

Alright real life stuff done for today, time to get back to fantasy life :D

Seeing if I can't master mining or woodcutting tonight.

Delstius

I am not a big fan of animal crossing even though I have it.
Is this going to be good for me?
I think having stuff to actually do and aim for makes it seem like its up my street.

Well, it's basically a light hearted RPG with tons of stuff to do for sure. If you like that kind of things, the game is definitely for you. Also, it's not like AC so rest assured on that part.

Robin64

I'm in a weird place with mining. Stuff I can mine I have done all the challenges for, but then when I head to Snowpeak or the beaches, I do 0 to those nodes. I must be missing something in between them...

Delstius

I'm in a weird place with mining. Stuff I can mine I have done all the challenges for, but then when I head to Snowpeak or the beaches, I do 0 to those nodes. I must be missing something in between them...

Try the cave beyond the waterfall in Snowpeak mountain I guess if you can't mine at the beach yet. The snowy part is actually for higher level, like the magma cave or the underwater cave.
Having the correct tool also does most of the job, so look after that too.

Linius

Yeah, on top of Mount Snow I can't cut the trees yet. Stuff up there is for at least expert ranks and having a good tool I think.

Well since I finished part 4 of the story I can now freely explore Al Maajik, the way up there with the jackals, the desert and the cave of bones. So it's time to do some life specific quests and gather a shitload of materials so I can rank up my crafting jobs too. Also improving my equipment and armour would be a good thing. Walking around with a combination of a fish helmet, some iron stuff and mostly silver weapons and tools :p

Just wondering a little something.

Is it wise to just keep boosting my Attack and ignoring everything else? I'm playing as a Mercenary and few enemies (besides the super bosses and big enemies) scratch me anyway.

Robin64

I pumped all my points into Dexterity until I hit 30, which had the effect of making my Hunter pretty uber for his level. Now I'm going for Luck until I hit 30 in that.

I'm sure others balance it out and do just fine too, though. I bet you could be fine without allocating any stat points!

ramyeon

Yeah, I find it's best to just power through right away when stuff like that happens.

Hopefully that'll be the only time.
Definitely, I think if I'd left it overnight I would have just kept putting it off haha. Surprisingly it was way easier to get all the rare drops the second time around :D

I know I'm gonna be saving every time I see a save point from now on hahaha.

I lost some progress a couple of nights ago. I went to unplug my charger, did some awkward spasm falling thing (I still don't even know what it was) and hit the top of my 3DS which made the cartridge come flying out.

Only lost about half-an-hour I think, but it was worth it to be able to make my brother laugh :D

XaosWolf

Can someone give me the rundown on what adding Fire Mana to a weapon does exactly?

Was hoping for a little tooltip thingy, but nothing comes up. =/

cackhyena

I've only watched a little of the Nintendo footage back around E3 and one of the trailers. I was sold instantly. That said, I'm wondering what is the end goal? Is it just to become master of whatever class you choose? Is there a a proper story, or just little quests peppered throughout your class adventures? Is it time for the U.S. fricking fecking release date yet?

Kouriozan

I've only watched a little of the Nintendo footage back around E3 and one of the trailers. I was sold instantly. That said, I'm wondering what is the end goal? Is it just to become master of whatever class you choose? Is there a a proper story, or just little quests peppered throughout your class adventures? Is it time for the U.S. fricking fecking release date yet?
After Master, there is Legend and Hero ( + God in the DLC).
The story is kinda boring with the massive text dump and you can skip most of the fight.

So I guess, you choose your own goal.

Cerity

Lol, reported to woodcutting dude to rank up, the game transitioning from the rankup screen to the little performance and crashed. Lost about 20 minutes worth of woodcutting, but not too mad, just a loss of materials. Didn't actually complete any of the challenges in that time.

Got my sparkly axe now :D

Chaos17

Lol, reported to woodcutting dude to rank up, the game transitioning from the rankup screen to the little performance and crashed. Lost about 20 minutes worth of woodcutting, but not too mad, just a loss of materials. Didn't actually complete any of the challenges in that time.

Got my sparkly axe now :D

That's odd, are you playing on a SD card ? Because I'm playing on a cadridge and the game never crashed for me even after 50 hours of gameplay.

Can someone give me the rundown on what adding Fire Mana to a weapon does exactly?

Was hoping for a little tooltip thingy, but nothing comes up. =
Yeah, we need a wiki!

MicH

After exploring Al Majiik and its surrounding areas I hav now become Master Paladin, Miner, Angler and Blacksmith - mostly without even trying. Feels good :D I love the celebration ceremonies :3

... yet I still can't beat the Napdragon which is an Adept Paladin challenge :lol

Lanrutcon

After exploring Al Majiik and its surrounding areas I hav now become Master Paladin, Miner, Angler and Blacksmith - mostly without even trying. Feels good :D I love the celebration ceremonies :3

... yet I still can't beat the Napdragon which is an Adept Paladin challenge :lol

Napdragon is a pushover compared to some of the stuff wandering around. Circle around and smack him in the ass when he's occupied! Also: bring allies.

Top Bottom