• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Kouriozan

Oh, there is a second credits.
You can't change your appearance or buy the house there without finishing the second story anyway, and it's pretty short (1 hour without skipping)
Edit : Pam's requests, yay!

Hedge

Oh, there is a second credits.
You can't change your appearance or buy the house there without finishing the second story anyway, and it's pretty short (1 hour without skipping)
Edit : Pam's requests, yay!

So where can you invite Noelia to your party? I'm only level 40, but I guess it's relevant to know soon enough.

Also, is the Origin content simply more of the same content, or does it feel fresh enough to continue to plow through for 150 levels?

Kouriozan

So where can you invite Noelia to your party? I'm only level 40, but I guess it's relevant to know soon enough.

Also, is the Origin content simply more of the same content, or does it feel fresh enough to continue to plow through for 150 levels?
You'll get a letter at level 45 to go to that last aera again, so you can invite her.
So far in Origin Island everything is new, and there is ultimate challenges called Trials, first one is trial of time and the monsters there 2 shot me :lol
Still haven't fully explored the Island, it's quite big.

Linius

You already finished the story of the DLC?

I'm looking forward to reaching it. But that's gonna take me a good few hours still to get there.

Kouriozan

You already finished the story of the DLC?

I'm looking forward to reaching it. But that's gonna take me a good few hours still to get there.
Yes, it's quick to do and there is
only 2 of them, Lunares Saga Sequel 1 and 2
Giving Lunares coins at Goddess statue give you random reward but talking to the NPC at Pam's house sell you stuff for it.
I need 12 gold coin for that stat reset mirror *-*

Oh and reaching God rank give you 3 gold coin + a daily quest (in game time) that give you 1 gold coin.
Pam's request only give you 2 silver and you need 4 to trade them for a gold one.

Linius

Ranking up to God rank is really worth it then. Good stuff.

I wonder what I'll do when Smash arrives tomorrow. Oh lawd. I wanna practice for a tourney we're doing at my Dutch board and not look like a total idiot :p

Kouriozan

Pam ask you crazy stuff, I think I'll reach God rank with Miner or Woodcutter to get some money and the gold coin request won't be "give me a giant rainbow mole!" o_o
Hey! I'm still trying to find some monster meat and dragon meat to achieve my legendary cook status. Any tips?
Al Maajik mercenary shop once you master it sells monster meat, dunno about dragon.

Mekere

You mean once you become master mercenary? :( Damn, I was hoping to reach the status without getting an fighting skills, will be though...

Kouriozan

You mean once you become master mercenary? :( Damn, I was hoping to reach the status without getting an fighting skills, will be though...
Yep.
But then there is still that dragon meat problem.

EDIT : I need to mine 500 ores to be Legend, I'll do that tonight.

Chaos17

Finally got my first hero rank mercanry.

zlCfzSgHlAMKvF3AB2

I don't really like it. I prefer the mage and paladin hero set that my friend got :\

Linius

Just went trough the ravine, went back in and then came around again to go to Al Maajik. Pretty easy to farm some beast hides and take home three bounty's for that thing that also lives there. Got two golden sheep fleece from him too. And 1200 dosh for each of them as a bounty. So you gather beast hides, black goat fleece, golden sheep fleece and dosh :D

Chaos17

After 70 hours of gameplay I just noticed that I didn't talk at all to my mercenary master and he just gave me new challenges. I feel so dumb!
Now he doesn't have anymore a question mark on his head... Time to go talk to all masters >.>'

MicH

Just went trough the ravine, went back in and then came around again to go to Al Maajik. Pretty easy to farm some beast hides and take home three bounty's for that thing that also lives there. Got two golden sheep fleece from him too. And 1200 dosh for each of them as a bounty. So you gather beast hides, black goat fleece, golden sheep fleece and dosh :D
Yes, it's an excellent place to farm. The goat fleece the killer horn drops is VERY useful for a Tailor as well

Played online with my friends yesterday/today and was actually quite fun, annoying you can't hand in quests etc, but so much fun beating up bosses lol

Edit: Any Smashers tonight =D?

Linius

My Smash should be coming tomorrow. I did walk into town to see if was being sold yet but nope.

Also, I'll never go out on my own again. Odin <3

Kouriozan

Bow before your God.

zlCfzSgIQnw3-q76_f

The most boring part was to mine the 500 ores for the Legend rank, then it was super easy on Origin Island with 100 power.

Linius

500 parts ain't so bad. I already passed 300 a while back. Pretty sure I'm close to 500 by now. I mine the shit out of every ore I pass.

daydream

Banned
Played online with my friends yesterday/today and was actually quite fun, annoying you can't hand in quests etc, but so much fun beating up bosses lol

Edit: Any Smashers tonight =D?

Too lazy to go out and get a copy. :p

Tomorrow's a holiday so.. Saturday or Monday for me.

Kouriozan

Have you slept / eaten since you got the game Oo How do you do it? HOW?

Well, I got the game day -1 too :lol

Anyway, the Master request after you are God is... wow...
I have to mine a "Golem Ore", of course I do 0 damage on it, and it's guarded by a powerful turtle that OS you.
Looks like I'm not done yet with miner, time for a break!

Maiar_m

Well, I got the game day -1 too :lol

Anyway, the Master request after you are God is... wow...
I have to mine a "Golem Ore", of course I do 0 damage on it, and it's guarded by a powerful turtle that OS you.
Looks like I'm not done yet with miner, time for a break!
I got it day -1 as well but you're day +100 away from my current level. GG!

Kouriozan

I got it day -1 as well but you're day +100 away from my current level. GG!

Thanks, but I'm just Master with every other job + half-God with Magician. Half-God is just Legend + talking with Divinus once you can access the DLC, might be called something else in english though.
Considering how strong the monsters are, you probably should get God at non-combat job then you can take your Master with you, I heard they are pretty strong.
EDIT : the miner master isn't, slow to attack and does OK damage but have tons of HP.

Linius

Are these fossils of any use? The dragon skull etc.

EDIT

Hmmm, did four expert woodcutter challenges whilst being an adept. Cut down a fair deal of desert logs.

EDIT 2

Mastered my first job. Paladin master :D

weekev

Banned
Anyone know where the pear tree is in Al Maajik? Cant find it for the life of me.

Edit - found it just above the camel stables.

Whoo, reached Expert Mercenary!

But it seems if I want to advance, I have to beat a whole bunch of super bosses and I still haven't beat the Behemoth or Silverfang while I was an Adept...

Any suggestions? Should I team up with higher Level players or just wait it out?

weekev

Banned
Whoo, reached Expert Mercenary!

But it seems if I want to advance, I have to beat a whole bunch of super bosses and I still haven't beat the Behemoth or Silverfang while I was an Adept...

Any suggestions? Should I team up with higher Level players or just wait it out?
Id make sure your gear is all as good as it can be before you take them on.

Anyone got any idea how you get in to the dark void? I just see a pic at the back of the cave of shadows and i cant get past it.

weekev

Banned
Okay, sounds good to me.

I just slain Silver Fang now, but I'm not too sure about the other scary dragon in the desert...
Make sure you have Odin and Yulea(sp) in your party as well. Odin is cannon fodder and the chick will randomly heal you. Also stock up on potions and life cures.

Kouriozan

Once again, I've done everything for Woodcutter but "cut down 500 trees" >.<
Currently at 268.
Need to find a place with tons of trees.

Kouriozan

Does my count keep going even though I haven't unlocked the DLC yet?

It's for the Legend rank, and even if it wasn't it would count.
Edit : there we go, God Woodcutter.
Hopefully the Master request is easy.
Edit 2 : yep, it's impossible for me at the moment :s

Chaos17

zlCfzSgKBYE3TaLDjp

That tower has awesome musics.
Cool mobs, they hitted me pretty hard at level 63.
I'm happy that I didn't leveld up or crafted anything, first time during the story that I had some challenge.

That was really fun, thank you Level 5.

Kouriozan

That tower music is awesome, indeed.
Ranking up blacksmith and it's a pain :lol
I will need to look after how to get the mats I'm missing in the japanese wiki.

Cerity

hni_0092_jpg24upw.jpg

Mastered blacksmith which means I've mastered all the classes I've wanted to :D time to make dosh and craft all that cool gear.

I was also wondering what I was going to be doing with all those elemental ores lol. This is what happens with those damned gem mining quests.
hni_0091_jpg63u9b.jpg

Has anyone here who's gotten to the post-game DLC portion gotten
the crab and alpaca mounts
yet?

Because if so, I need explicit details!

Damn, I love this game. Finding it a real struggle that none of my favourite/regular podcasts are talking about it, I guess since it's not out for a few weeks yet in the USA. I honestly love the game so much. Just got past
Levitania
, have hero'ed Blacksmith, Miner, Paladin, Mercenary, Woodcutter and sitting high on a master angler. My only disappointment is how restrictive the co-op can be. I got two copies to play with my partner, she's managed to hero a carpenter and tailor, but the fact you have to leave the co-op to hand in quests, change lifes, I think even the time of day freezes when you're in co-op? And obviously the story missions. Despite that, we go on a lot of hunting parties together and share materials for our jobs. Absolutely adore the story. Basic but with a lot of charm and it has managed to subvert my expectations a few times. Whoever did the localisation for the game really killed it. Really great though, hope this does well and I'd happily take a sequel did basically the same play but with improved co-op functionality so we could co-op basically the whole of our sessions.

Oh yeah, is there anywhere to get dragon scale, other than
farming the napdragon over and over
? It's the only material I've found in 65 hours that seems you can only get it via farming to craft the stuff before the armour itself becomes outdated. The dragon scale requiring stuff is the only stuff I have left to craft on my list. Also I don't feel good about
farming Nappy :( he even looks dozy when he's fighting!

Linius

Well I'm now a master paladin, woodcutter, miner and angler. Time to up my crafting lives now.

Also where are these starry catterpillos? I went to Cacto Cove at night but I didn't see any.

Well I'm now a master paladin, woodcutter, miner and angler. Time to up my crafting lives now.

Also where are these starry catterpillos? I went to Cacto Cove at night but I didn't see any.

One spawns on the spiralling cliff up at the top end :) I had to kill it and then jump in and out of the cave a few times to respawn enough for the challenge.

MicH

Where is Cacto Cove located? I can't find it :lol

Top Bottom