• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Linius

Can anyone tell me where I find the dark sultan for that flutter bliss quest? I kind of wanna move on with the main story too by now.

MicH

Can anyone tell me where I find the dark sultan for that flutter bliss quest? I kind of wanna move on with the main story too by now.
The room where you can transport to the throne room. Go up to the wall behind the portal

EDIT You mean the Prior Dark Sultan, right?

Kouriozan

Finally changed my character, I'm starting to get too much money anyway.

9kXhWUC.jpg

Hedge

Am I exceedingly stupid, or have I missed something vital in activating the dlc story?
I am level 50, I got the letter to go to Gladstone. He have me a dagger and Ophelia let me invite her as an ally, and then it just ended. I can't do anything with the dagger and Gladstone just sells me stuff when spoken to. When speaking to the Lunares coin clerk she says I have to come back once I've gotten a few coins. I thought Pam would give me a quest, but she's just talking to her sisters.
So.. help?

Linius

The room where you can transport to the throne room. Go up to the wall behind the portal

EDIT You mean the Prior Dark Sultan, right?

Yeah, that's the one. In his little garden or something. I'll try that tonight then, cheers.

Chaos17

Am I exceedingly stupid, or have I missed something vital in activating the dlc story?
I am level 50, I got the letter to go to Gladstone. He have me a dagger and Ophelia let me invite her as an ally, and then it just ended. I can't do anything with the dagger and Gladstone just sells me stuff when spoken to. When speaking to the Lunares coin clerk she says I have to come back once I've gotten a few coins. I thought Pam would give me a quest, but she's just talking to her sisters.
So.. help?

She only likes gold coins but I only use her after dlc story. Funmo if you can use her before that.

Edit : unlocked hero woodcutter rank~
zlCfzSgiUbE5xXUE2V

Chaos17

The problem is that I don't know where to go from here. I have no active quest after what I mentioned above. Did I miss something?

Flutter should've request, no ?
Also if my memory is right, Pam will trade you Lunares coins only after the story because new people arrive in town, blabla reason here she give you coins to thank you helping her.

BowieZ

Banned
Okay, this is turning out to be one of my favourite games ever. As you all know it has a really nice mix of elements from Animal Crossing, Zelda, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Cooking Mama, and a whole bunch of others, making it a wondrous, sprawling playground containing both a defined, story-based adventure and a fluid free-form one that can be taken at one's own pace, more or less. I hope it all adds up to more longevity than some of its counterparts.

Meanwhile, I pray a proper sequel is in the works (you'd think there would be, considering its relative success, and that it's Level-5!), but honestly I hope it doesn't change too much. Maybe just the usual: a little bigger, a little freer, etc...

I wonder what other "Lifes" could form part - I'm sure a few would return but slightly varied (for example, Miner could now involve digging or panning for metals in creek beds, etc.), but maybe some new ones (Herbalist, Potter, Cartographer, Farmhand, Astronomer, Hairdresser, Postman, Bricklayer, Archaeologist, Jeweler, Bookmaker, Sailor, Pilot, blah blah, blah).

Perhaps there could be a couple of denser city areas in addition to the towns, villages, and fields, to accommodate some more city-style jobs (waiter, banker, etc.).

You guys all left me behind, I don't even know what you're talking about anymore haha.
I'm off to the desert soon and it feels as if I have a long way to go, which is cool with me :)

Kouriozan

I wonder what other "Lifes" could form part - I'm sure a few would return but slightly varied (for example, Miner could now involve digging or panning for metals in creek beds, etc.), but maybe some new ones (Herbalist, Potter, Cartographer, Farmhand, Astronomer, Hairdresser, Postman, Bricklayer, Archaeologist, Jeweler, Bookmaker, Sailor, Pilot, blah blah, blah).

Perhaps there could be a couple of denser city areas in addition to the towns, villages, and fields, to accommodate some more city-style jobs (waiter, banker, etc.).
There was canceled jobs in this one, you can see them in the intro.
It's Postman, Student, Shop Owner, Fortune Teller, Dancer, Pilot. Maybe I'm missing some.
Found the 2 left, it was Treasure Hunter (first guy in the well) and Farmer.

Linius

Done some ranking up, expert carpenter and adept tailor (started that today) at the moment. Probably should look out for people with question marks again for new stuff to make. Gonna try to gather the mats I need to upgrade my axe and rod and make them as high quality as possible. That should be helpfull.

Delstius

Meanwhile, I pray a proper sequel is in the works (you'd think there would be, considering its relative success, and that it's Level-5!), but honestly I hope it doesn't change too much. Maybe just the usual: a little bigger, a little freer, etc...

I would love to have a thief/treasure hunter class that involves a better use of sneaking, dagger skills and lock-picking chest. Having a shop like Recettear and a merchant class would be an interesting way to sell your craft too. I feel like those are really missing.

Mekere

Hmmm... I think I screwed up a few quests. Apparently some bounty monsters and ore doesn't respawn and... I have lost a few bounty because of some stupid monsters. So I won't be able to become a legendary miner or mercenary because of that :/

About three more weeks to go...

Costume Quest 2, Final Fantasy XIII on PC, and buying a Vita should hold me over, but I'm still losing patience. D:

Hmmm... I think I screwed up a few quests. Apparently some bounty monsters and ore doesn't respawn and... I have lost a few bounty because of some stupid monsters. So I won't be able to become a legendary miner or mercenary because of that :/

Just sleep at an inn or in your home, *big* bounty monsters appear again after that. I found just regular bounties and ores would reappear just by going back to town or a seperate area and then going to the location again, but if need be, sleep, and that stuff will def respawn.

weekev

Banned
They will respawn over time, takes a while for some of the wraiths and dragons to reappear, although it will happen.

amrum

They will respawn over time, takes a while for some of the wraiths and dragons to reappear, although it will happen.

Just go to sleep in your house & they will appear again !

This game is so addictive ! So many things to do, a lot of liberty, great art !

GOTY !

Chaos17

Lot of reviewers didn't like the easy side of the game but maybe that's a good thing that is "easy" because a lot of people on Miiverse has trouble with this game. I can't imagine them reaching the DLC and get owned by the mobs in the tower, lol.

Linius

Lot of reviewers didn't like the easy side of the game but maybe that's a good thing that is "easy" because a lot of people on Miiverse has trouble with this game. I can't imagine them reaching the DLC and get owned by the mobs in the tower, lol.

What kind of trouble can you possibly run into really? :p

Except for beating the tough boss guys of course. And we should really do a boss raid party some time. I wanna reach lv. 50 first though because I feel massively underpowered compared to some of you :p

Kouriozan

Later on the monsters can kill you really easily despite you kiling them fairly quick too.
Maybe I just need to reach God Tailor rank for my Magician :lol

Except for beating the tough boss guys of course. And we should really do a boss raid party some time. I wanna reach lv. 50 first though because I feel massively underpowered compared to some of you :p

Hey I'm like lvl 28 or something XD, you guys are crazy progressing but I just wanted to unlock all Smash characters before I headed back to this game lol and with that done I can head back to this game and unlock all the towns, think I was just handing in bounties and 8000 dosh away from buying the seas house at Port town.

Speaking of we need to arrange several Smash games with peeps here =D

Lusankya

Btw. anyone has any sales number of this game?

Oh and if you're European you might want to check out the current Amazon price, e.g. amazon.de has it for only 29.66 €.

weekev

Banned
Hey I'm like lvl 28 or something XD, you guys are crazy progressing but I just wanted to unlock all Smash characters before I headed back to this game lol and with that done I can head back to this game and unlock all the towns, think I was just handing in bounties and 8000 dosh away from buying the seas house at Port town.

Speaking of we need to arrange several Smash games with peeps here =D
I got to level 44 but now im concentrating on Smash for a bit. Love this game though, super addictive, really fun.

Linius

I suck at Smash so hard. Spend an hour in the training modus yesterday (that was all I did so far). I love how extensive it is, you can control the NPC, the map and everything. Will get to unlocking the characters at some point. But I feel like I'm more invested in Fantasy Life at the moment. I just want to get done with the main story first now. I'm level 42 now so I'm not far away from unlocking the DLC once I've finished the last three story quests.

Btw. anyone has any sales number of this game?

Oh and if you're European you might want to check out the current Amazon price, e.g. amazon.de has it for only 29.66 €.
10th in UK and 8th in Germany so not too bad for a new IP, I think.
I got to level 44 but now im concentrating on Smash for a bit. Love this game though, super addictive, really fun.
Yeah this game became more addictive than I thought lol, that constant cycle of being so close to the next rank/craft etc works well lol.
I suck at Smash so hard. Spend an hour in the training modus yesterday (that was all I did so far). I love how extensive it is, you can control the NPC, the map and everything. Will get to unlocking the characters at some point. But I feel like I'm more invested in Fantasy Life at the moment. I just want to get done with the main story first now. I'm level 42 now so I'm not far away from unlocking the DLC once I've finished the last three story quests.
I wanna finish off story parts as well but feel more compelled to do challenges more lol.

Also does the guild office in the other towns unlock with multiplayer clerks? Don't really want to start multiplayer portal at the first town all the time...

Chaos17

There many kind of troubles ^^;;

Here're some quick examples :
1) Does anybody know where I can find that pirate legendary treasure?
2) Can someone help me beat the Majiik knights, I'm level 9
3) Where is the laddder ?
4) Heelp! Pls help.. where i can find Crankshaft Workshop??
5) Where is Daemon in the desert ?

Linius

Which ladder? Please, tell me!!111! :p

But okay, I also have to admit that I got lazy and asked where I can find the prior sultan. And Mich couldn't find Cacto Cove at first. But really, this game is easier than the average ubisoft open world game.

Cerity

It's easy to miss stuff if you don't pay attention to whats going on and it's easy to not pay attention :p Biggest trouble I had was finding where the prior sultan was at and that took me about 5 minutes of running around.

Put in about 35 hours now, lvl47, up to Tales of Lunares 7 and kind of over it. The story is disconnected to the gameplay and I have no motivation to continue on really, maybe if the tone was a little darker and you had bossfights or you had to make a certain amount of money e.t.c But as it is the actual story parts are just talking, go here, do that, talk to this person and so on. It's just a pain to sit through 20-30+ minutes of dialogue when you're not really interested to begin with.

Will continue on with a few of the other classes I haven't touched yet, good time to start another game I think.

MicH

I decided to buy Smash after all and I also suck at it :lol I've only really tried Greninja and Mega Man (training mode is do useful) and I really like them. Yet I still can't beat Classic Mode level 3 :lol

Meffer

Okay, this is turning out to be one of my favourite games ever. As you all know it has a really nice mix of elements from Animal Crossing, Zelda, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Cooking Mama, and a whole bunch of others, making it a wondrous, sprawling playground containing both a defined, story-based adventure and a fluid free-form one that can be taken at one's own pace, more or less. I hope it all adds up to more longevity than some of its counterparts.

There were various Lives they had in concept during the DS phase of the game but were drop likely because of time. Some of them being a farmer and mailman. London Life also has these discarded Lives.

Linius

Where do you find blue, purple and yellow gel ? I've found red and green but i'm missing the others for alchemy.

Purple is from the subterranean lake if I'm not mistaken. They all come from caves anyways, so just make a round passing all of them to find them.

Just finished Lunares Part 5, I'm getting somewhere.

Chaos17

Which ladder? Please, tell me!!111! :p

But okay, I also have to admit that I got lazy and asked where I can find the prior sultan. And Mich couldn't find Cacto Cove at first. But really, this game is easier than the average ubisoft open world game.
Don't worry, I can understand that we can miss a lot of things in this game but it's hard to beleive for me that someone can get lost in the story in game where there're nothing osbcur/hidden/not explained. I'm only talking about the story. I mean no harm.

Where do you find blue, purple and yellow gel ? I've found red and green but i'm missing the others for alchemy.
You can also buy them but I don't remember which requiements you need to unlock them like finishing the story or buy with the bliss the merchant+

Does this game have alot of content? I love the genre but im on the fence at the moment.
To give you an idea, the average time that people spend to complete (95% or 100%) this game is between 150 and 200 hours.
And no this game is not a grindfest, you just need to farm for your jobs or materials then level up your jobs and beat those beasty bosses.

It's easy to miss stuff if you don't pay attention to whats going on and it's easy to not pay attention :p Biggest trouble I had was finding where the prior sultan was at and that took me about 5 minutes of running around.

Put in about 35 hours now, lvl47, up to Tales of Lunares 7 and kind of over it. The story is disconnected to the gameplay and I have no motivation to continue on really, maybe if the tone was a little darker and you had bossfights or you had to make a certain amount of money e.t.c But as it is the actual story parts are just talking, go here, do that, talk to this person and so on. It's just a pain to sit through 20-30+ minutes of dialogue when you're not really interested to begin with.

Will continue on with a few of the other classes I haven't touched yet, good time to start another game I think.
The story is only there to introduce the differents zones of the game then you're free do whatever you like.
The goal of that game is to level up your job(s) and explore the world. It's not story focused at all.

If you wanted something dark, story focused, dark soul like difficulty then you choosen the wrong game.

Kouriozan

Tried to powerlevel my mother but the game actually try to limit that, haha. For example, in the Origin Island monsters give 200+ exp and she got like 20 exp.
Still she could level up a little from all the bosses we did.

Seems like the games doing great in my English region lol, the week of release got 1 streetpass (I've got the DLC mind) and this week got a full 10/10 streetpasses...didn't get any Smash streetpasses today though ;__; wanted to do a challenge block....

Chaos17

Pam, you can't request me hard items to find because for the same amount of Lunares coins I can give you apple juice...

I'm about 40 hours into the game now, haven't yet decided on whether or not I want the DLC. For now I think I'll just continue maxing out some more Lives before I do that. Maxing out Tailoring is a pain though.

Top Bottom