• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

daydream

Banned
19 Days left; I paid it off last month. I can't wait. Should I get the DLC right away?

You get more customisation options for your character and a new pets. You can get your first pet early on so you'll have the extra option of getting
a bird
. If the game is something you see yourself enjoying for a long time, I see no reason not to go for the DLC.

Aiustis

You get more customisation options for your character and a new pets. You can get your first pet early on so you'll have the extra option of getting
a bird
. If the game is something you see yourself enjoying for a long time, I see no reason not to go for the DLC.

OOOh I didn't know all that was included in the DLC. Thanks I will get it with my game.

Robin64

Totally cheesed the Blizzard Bird by keeping him on the opposite side of the lake as Hunter.

Edit: Yay!

zlCfzSg3MnQXckKpiX

Linius

Have been getting some villager quests out of the way today, I had 25 open at a certain point. Now it's back to 17/30. Completed 57 of them in total now. Most of them are fetch quests or kill 'x' amount of these guys but I don't really mind them. And they pay good dosh and xp once you progress in the game.

Worked down the list of Flutter requests again, time for Lunares part 6.

Hedge

Eh, how do I get to Legend? There is only a few rank quests left, and they wont get me to Legend paladin.

Related: what level can I kill
Gold Dragon?

So far I've mastered all lives save fishing, and Hero'd half. No legend yet.

Linius

Some guy on gamefaqs is now God in every life. He clocked 160 hours since the release. That's insane :p

Also during Lunares Part 6 I feel seriously underpowered for the new ores and trees. Need to upgrade blacksmith and carpenter to forge new tools. Or buy them in that place I'm at now, but these are always less quality than the ones you make yourself. And expensive.

MicH

Some guy on gamefaqs is now God in every life. He clocked 160 hours since the release. That's insane :p

Also during Lunares Part 6 I feel seriously underpowered for the new ores and trees. Need to upgrade blacksmith and carpenter to forge new tools. Or buy them in that place I'm at now, but these are always less quality than the ones you make yourself. And expensive.
I couldn't mine tge ores it cut down the trees in chapter 6 either. I want to buy a new hammer, but I'm not giving 20k Dosh for one :D

Linius

I couldn't mine tge ores it cut down the trees in chapter 6 either. I want to buy a new hammer, but I'm not giving 20k Dosh for one :D

Yeah, that's how I feel about. Rather forge them instead of buying. I can mine there though, it just takes ages :p

Hedge

Shouldn't the Starry Log recipe unlock with carpentry mastery, since you need them for the royal set? Is there a different unlock method?

Edit: nevermind. I found the beaver.

Linius

This is the first time I noticed the kid next to my house in Castele can fly me directly to Mt. Snowpeak, The Elderwood and the West Grassy Plains.

DcJyW3P.gif

daydream

Banned
This is the first time I noticed the kid next to my house in Castele can fly me directly to Mt. Snowpeak, The Elderwood and the West Grassy Plains.

Been using him nonstop, haha. I'm flying a lot these days (either with that guy's apparatus or the airship service).

Pretty sure you got a letter from him, though, so.. read yo' mail. :p

Linius

Been using him nonstop, haha. I'm flying a lot these days (either with that guy's apparatus or the airship service).

Pretty sure you got a letter from him, though, so.. read yo' mail. :p

Probably read it and just assumed it was the airship service on the edge of town. And I'm too lazy to go there. I mostly fast travel between my houses. But this air connection right next door is great.

Some small spoilers

Really doubting if I should get the Elderwood property yet, I have enough dosh but I would be pretty much broke if I buy it. Also, I suppose there's a Levitania property? I saw a plushling mentioning it, but I haven't been back there. How much is it? And the sixth housing spot should be the DLC house then I'm assuming.

daydream

Banned
Probably read it and just assumed it was the airship service on the edge of town. And I'm too lazy to go there. I mostly fast travel between my houses. But this air connection right next door is great.

Yeah, you definitely get a letter for the airship. Looking forward to getting a second house to teleport to. Even though the travel fee is really just a drop in the ocean.

Chaos17

Celestial set from lunares coins.
Yes, she is wearing little angel wings.
zlCfzSg4hBwIP_ZNB_

Crab mount but I'm riding it like a horse :(
zlCfzSg4l34EZlklL5

DcJyW3P.gif

One of the many time that I felt dumb in this game, lol.

Linius

They got lazy and just copied a crab layer on the horse movements? :lol

Oh well

I can get a second pet now. Where are the cool dragons at?

Cerity

The story is only there to introduce the differents zones of the game then you're free do whatever you like.
The goal of that game is to level up your job(s) and explore the world. It's not story focused at all.

If you wanted something dark, story focused, dark soul like difficulty then you choosen the wrong game.

Not asking for something entirely story focused. As I said, I don't want to sit through maybe half an hour to an hour of dialogue and running around just to progress. Add something interesting to that mix.

MicH

Just mastered Hunter, Alchemist and Tailor. Just need Magician (Expert) and Mercenary (haven't started yet). Awesome! Slowly nearing level 50! Just need to get some more Dosh so I can buy the 5th home.

Where do you get the recipe for the starry beam?

Cerity

Just mastered Hunter, Alchemist and Tailor. Just need Magician (Expert) and Mercenary (haven't started yet). Awesome! Slowly nearing level 50! Just need to get some more Dosh so I can buy the 5th home.

Where do you get the recipe for the starry beam?

iirc talk to one of the carpenters in east castele.

Chaos17

I knew you would like it! I remembered your question about mounts a few pages ago ;)

To reply at your question : unfortunaly, no but it works like the mount you buy with bliss.
It won't run away.
The only problem is that you can't summon it in any cities. Only in the specific city written in the description it seems.
I think the only mount that I didn't saw yet is the dear.

I just found out the Paladin guides outside Snowpeak and Elderwood can take you to the very end o__o
Second time in my life that I felt dumb in this game xD

Can't use mounts in multiplayer right? In that it is not a locked option. Wanted to ride to different towns with my friends but they didn't let us =(

I knew you would like it! I remembered your question about mounts a few pages ago ;)

To reply at your question : unfortunaly, no but it works like the mount you buy with bliss.
It won't run away.
The only problem is that you can't summon it in any cities. Only in the specific city written in the description it seems.
I think the only mount that I didn't saw yet is the dear.
There should be a red "horse" too.

vZhOYcC.jpg

It's too bad that the special mounts aren't really "yours" like the horse is, but it's still cool how many of them there are. I want that crab mount like nobody's business. (Hopefully the sequel will let you have them as your own personal mount.)

The amount of content in this game, and the amount added by the DLC, blows my mind. This game cannot come soon enough.

Rootbeer

Banned
Even with all the great games coming out this time of year, i'm still jealous I can't be playing this instead! I bought smash 3ds... but this is where my heart lies T__T USA launch, i hope you sneak up on me before I know it.

Delstius

There should be a red "horse" too.

vZhOYcC.jpg

Yeah, that's the dragon horse of Castele statue. It looks funny, but the set is awesome. There's a shield too, and the cape makes you immune to status effect it's great.
I'm just missing that stupid dragon king's sword but I bet it's not as strong as a divine Joyeuse.
There's also a "ghost" mount which is in fact just you on a flying saddle, it looks really stupid tho.

Raptomex

This game... looks very appealing to me. I love the art style and the colorfullness of it all. I hope it's not too easy.

Hedge

This game... looks very appealing to me. I love the art style and the colorfullness of it all. I hope it's not too easy.

The new DLC area is much harder than the base game - which isn't really that difficult. There are bosses with more interesting mechanics than usual, but is still void when you reach a certain level and can just truck through the damage.
If the shield blocked for more dps it'd be a much better alternative to just circle and attack.

Raptomex

The new DLC area is much harder than the base game - which isn't really that difficult. There are bosses with more interesting mechanics than usual, but is still void when you reach a certain level and can just truck through the damage.
If the shield blocked for more dps it'd be a much better alternative to just circle and attack.
I know nothing about the game other than what I've read online. It looks cool, though. I may pick it up day one.

Chaos17

I know nothing about the game other than what I've read online. It looks cool, though. I may pick it up day one.

Yeah, the game difficulty really depend of how you play the game.
There're people like me who do every job and end up level 70 at the end of the main story.
Other who just focus on one job and end up level 35 instead.
Then DLC mobs come and bang at you doing between 80 and 100+ damage at level 70 o.o!

Of course, equipements reward you a lot if you do them right. they can make you really powerfull. So if one day you may want some difficulty try to play it in "iron man" style hehe.
Tough, "diffulty" pick up when you reach the desert. It's starting from that zone as mercenary that I had to use a lot of potions while it wasn't the case before it.

Top Bottom