• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Are their any ways of ensuring or at least increasing the chance of you getting perticular fish? I've started work on the fishing licence and it seems to be a lot of just luck whether you catch the perticular fish you need to progress, not the most exciting progression system on this one.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
T

I don't know about other players but its one of the rare recent game that make me play more than 60 hours.
Probably because the game really open up after the main story wich is why I think it's just an introduction to the world.
But it really depend of your taste, this game is like a cute Skyrim.

thank you!

Linius

Finished the main story, almost level 46. Clocked at 50 hours and a bit. Talk about your money's worth. Now to unlock the DLC and rank up my lives. Managed to finish the story as a hero paladin by the way. Love the outfit.

Finished the main story, almost level 46. Clocked at 50 hours and a bit. Talk about your money's worth. Now to unlock the DLC and rank up my lives. Managed to finish the story as a hero paladin by the way. Love the outfit.

=) How many hours more can you see yourself getting more from the rest of the game?

Woo, beat the Gigante yesterday and ranked up to Mercenary Hero. I was mostly the (terrible) decoy for a Master Magician : P

BTW, I'm a sliver away from Level 50 now. Should I purchase the DLC ASAP or is there any reason to wait/not buy it?

I'm mainly cautious of being unable to play with those without DLC : /

Woo, beat the Gigante yesterday and ranked up to Mercenary Hero. I was mostly the (terrible) decoy for a Master Magician : P

BTW, I'm a sliver away from Level 50 now. Should I purchase the DLC ASAP or is there any reason to wait/not buy it?

You finished the main story mode? Worth it for the extra island and extra stories that'll get added.

And when you do, any chance you can write about the differences you see, like whether certain characters like the talking sword and dragon slayer appears or they were in the game and finally willing to talk to you after ranking to expert in job x.

You finished the main story mode? Worth it for the extra island and extra stories that'll get added.

And when you do, any chance you can write about the differences you see, like whether certain characters like the talking sword and dragon slayer appears or they were in the game and finally willing to talk to you after ranking to expert in job x.

The talking sword as in Durandal? I remember finding it in one of the caves, but I wasn't a Blacksmith then. I can go back and give them a good talking to, now that I'm a Master (or do I need to be Hero?).

Where does the Dragon Slayer appear? I haven't tried Paladin yet, but I could look for him/her.

Cerity

You need to be hero in blacksmithing for the sword to talk to you.
It gives you a challenge and a recipe.
Not sure about the others.

The talking sword as in Durandal? I remember finding it in one of the caves, but I wasn't a Blacksmith then. I can go back and give them a good talking to, now that I'm a Master (or do I need to be Hero?).

Where does the Dragon Slayer appear? I haven't tried Paladin yet, but I could look for him/her.

Ah so they do appear thought they were DLC peeps, IIRC the Dragon Slayer is near a cliff below the hair stylist house and below the cherry blossom tree.

I only played this for like an hour before Smash took total domination of my 3DS ;~;
22hrs for me lol came back on and Smash has loosen the circle pad ;_;

Chaos17

Are their any ways of ensuring or at least increasing the chance of you getting perticular fish? I've started work on the fishing licence and it seems to be a lot of just luck whether you catch the perticular fish you need to progress, not the most exciting progression system on this one.

Raise your luck, it helps to get rare drop ;)

I suggest you to to farm the actual content a little bit because the mobs can hit you pretty hard in the DLC even the ones in the story which kinda surprised me at level 70+.
I'm just advising you to get prepared ^^;;

Impotaku

About 4 hours in so far, just been wandering about killing stuff and harvesting anything that moves. Spotted a couple of bosses i went over & gave them a whack but i did 0 damage so i ran off pretty sharpish afterwards lol. Been crating up the lesser enemies & flogging them to the guild counter, it's pretty compelling so far it's suprising how much time it eats up just exploring.

My character so far
HNI_0020.JPG

TheMoon

So I started an Angler today.

I totally didn't realize you had to let go of A when the fish starts to struggle and the arrows pop up. lol ...I sat there baffled that I couldn't catch a single fish after the very first tutorial fish that doesn't put up any fight at all. Then I accidentally slipped off the button and noticed the line relaxed. Been pwning fish ever since. So embarrassing.

Only took on three lives (Alchemist, Angler, Mercenary) but I'm already totally in love with this. Aleady one of my GOTYs.

Fantasy Life > Real Life.

Oh Angler tip for the larger fishes although it may kill your hands after but the best way is to keep tapping the A button to catch the fish instead of holding with the A button, how I caught fishes like volcanic tuna fish with just a pine rod.

Chaos17

zlCfzShU9IId0NkqJ_

Tonight, I unlocked hero paladin rank. Much pretier than mercenary set, imo.
Only the alchemist job left and I will have all jobs to hero rank.
I can't even imagine what is to take to become legend or god rank -.-'

Edit : alchemist hero rank unlocked.
zlCfzShVQIEXfByoHo

Edit : phew finally all my classes are hero rank, tailoring was a pain.
zlCfzShV4aQvFY6q7M

I was low in some skills that I had to buy a lunares badge otherwise it wil have taken forever...

Cerity

Just be careful when going to king eric for the hero sets, I ranked up to hero with both miner and blacksmith but didn't get a set for the blacksmith.

Chaos17

redcrayon

The Dragon Slayer will start talking to you when you
start slaying dragons
. :D

Hedge

I almost killed the ancient dragon, which would have been the last thing needed for me to reach God rank paladin. But at 1-2% life et reset for some reason. Ugh. And it took so long. :(

You've almost made as much posts in here as the folks who are playing it. I believe you man :p
I've been waiting for this game for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. Just wait and see when the game actually comes out, I'll be completely out of control!

Kouriozan

Reaching God Mercenary rank was as easy as I thought, took less than one hour for Master -> God thanks to those powerful job Master.
But I also need to catch up Hyrule Warrior before the DLC is released.

Haven't played for two whole days!
I am a bad person, definitely playing tonight though :)
Gotta go to the Cave of Bones, I hope I can at least damage some of the ores in there.

Delstius

Finally decided to get everything at god rank, the reward is that there's no more life restriction on gear. Want to equip your full heavy armor as magician ? Sure, you can do that. Special skill is still locked to each life though, but you can equip any weapon as long as your skill level is high enough. You also still have the gender restriction on gear so no valk set for dudes.

Nowhere near done with the game now, still so much to do. Combat oriented life special god rank quests are still really hard and boss hit like a truck, so that'll be my next goal after I complete the third trial wing. I love this game.

Impotaku

Thought some of you might like to see the guidebook, it's a wonderful thing,

The guide is extremely detailed it lists every single bit of info you'd need, the maps are really useful as is the crafting charts and monster info about what items they drop. Sadly the kanji doesn't have furigana above it so i struggle a bit when reading but i'm still able to use it to some extent. Nowdays i only ever buy guides for certain special games, this was one of them. Dotted in between the sections is some lovely artwork too, Japan makes the best guidebooks for their games.

SAM_1167%20res.jpg

SAM_1168%20res.jpg

SAM_1170%20res.jpg

SAM_1171%20res.jpg

SAM_1172%20res.jpg

SAM_1173%20res.jpg

SAM_1174%20res.jpg

SAM_1175%20res.jpg

Cerity

Did you get anything from that streetpass?

Nothing yet, just information on who they are, their stats, time played e.t.c

I've spotted the person in castele though, talking to them every so often seems to increase their friendship and according to the streetpass guide they'll eventually give you a gift.

Linius

Oh Streetpass folks appear in game? That's awesome.

Praying that the English language guidebook is a translation of the one above. Would buy.

Mekere

I have troubles to determine what is part of the DLC and what isn't. I sometimes see some stuff described and, well, I haven't seen them after 60 hours in the game :p Half god and god ranks? Seeing friendship level with NPC? Special sets?

Chaos17

Thought some of you might like to see the guidebook, it's a wonderful thing,

The guide is extremely detailed it lists every single bit of info you'd need, the maps are really useful as is the crafting charts and monster info about what items they drop. Sadly the kanji doesn't have furigana above it so i struggle a bit when reading but i'm still able to use it to some extent. Nowdays i only ever buy guides for certain special games, this was one of them. Dotted in between the sections is some lovely artwork too, Japan makes the best guidebooks for their games.

SAM_1167%20res.jpg

SAM_1168%20res.jpg

SAM_1170%20res.jpg

SAM_1171%20res.jpg

SAM_1172%20res.jpg

SAM_1173%20res.jpg

SAM_1174%20res.jpg

SAM_1175%20res.jpg

Oh yiiiiiis thank you, I want it in english now!!
Does it have Link recipes in it ? I'm searching for protection stone + ^^;;

Top Bottom