• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Chaos17

Most of the DLC is missing indeed.
Personally I use the Japanese wiki with Chrome translation.
This one.

Google translation doesn't work on this site with Firefox ;_;
I tried to find it with japanese name but it seems google translate didn't translate into the right word in japanese >.>'

I will keep trying.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit : oh, wait it's working~

Impotaku

Think i might have found it in my guidebook is it an alchemy recipe?
o0600036112468095606.jpg

There is an item called kenjya no ishi 賢者の石 a philosophers stone. I have no idea is that's the same item you are looking for.

It needs
未知の生命体(1)
キングジェル(1)
深海ちょうちん(1)

you'll need to be at god rank to make it.

Nothing yet, just information on who they are, their stats, time played e.t.c

I've spotted the person in castele though, talking to them every so often seems to increase their friendship and according to the streetpass guide they'll eventually give you a gift.

That's only if they've set a gift, I've had 11 streetpasses and only 2 gave gifts after I talked to them several times, always check to see if they placed gifts when you check their streetpass profile.

Chaos17

Think i might have found it in my guidebook is it an alchemy recipe?
o0600036112468095606.jpg

There is an item called kenjya no ishi 賢者の石 a philosophers stone. I have no idea is that's the same item you are looking for.

It needs
未知の生命体(1)
キングジェル(1)
深海ちょうちん(1)

you'll need to be at god rank to make it.

It was another stone but it's okay.
I think the guide is only for the base game then.
I found the protection stone + on a sub bosses in the third wing of the tower.
Omg, the pain! I don't really feel at all that I'm a god XD

Even if I'm level 120... those mobs hit really hard.
zlCfzShflWMA7rxeUe

Cerity

Got tired of having to buy healing stuff so went into alchemy. Have to say the base alchemy gear looks surprisingly good on my character.

hni_0097_jpg7szc4.jpg

Linius

Go to the StreetPass clerk on the left in the back of guild office > check profile > my profile > choose a gift.
The item you choose will be duplicated so you lose nothing by doing so.

Thanks, that's pretty cool. Think I'll set a badass sword then.

Achieved hero woodcutter last night. Nice outfit.

redcrayon

Really enjoying going back to fight all the monsters I used to run away from with my elite hunting team of Odin and Dragonhunter. Legend rank Paladin now, with an eye on retiring and starting a gentle new life as a woodcutter :).

Can't believe how much time I've spent in it already, it makes my commute fly by.

I don't know why, but for some reason I'm thinking of being an Angler first. (Even though I have zero interest in fishing in real life.) I'm gonna get all the licenses before anything, but will following the Angler path first-off after that put me in a bad position?

Chopper

I've tucked back into this after getting distracted by Smash Bros only two days after getting it in the post. I've barely scratched the surface!

How exactly does this game work? I mean, I'm an angler, but I'm able to get missions off people that clearly require non-angling skills. I'm aware I can change my life at the Guild Hall, but will I be prompted to do that at a time it's actually necessary, or is it simply up to me? Do I keep my existing stats when I change life? And skills? I'm loving being an angler, but if I could be progressing faster as a warrior or whatever, what's the point other than levelling up my fishing skills (which itself is fun, but not particularly important, as far as I can tell).

redcrayon

I don't know why, but for some reason I'm thinking of being an Angler first. (Even though I have zero interest in fishing in real life.) I'm gonna get all the licenses before anything, but will following the Angler path first-off after that put me in a bad position?
Not at all, although the increase in levels if you do too many non-combat lives first might make the combat lives a bit too easy. However, generally it feels more natural to do the 'gatherer' skills first. Fishing before cooking, hunting before tailor, and mining before blacksmithing, for example.

I've tucked back into this after getting distracted by Smash Bros only two days after getting it in the post. I've barely scratched the surface!

How exactly does this game work? I mean, I'm an angler, but I'm able to get missions off people that clearly require non-angling skills. I'm aware I can change my life at the Guild Hall, but will I be prompted to do that at a time it's actually necessary, or is it simply up to me? Do I keep my existing stats when I change life? And skills? I'm loving being an angler, but if I could be progressing faster as a warrior or whatever, what's the point other than levelling up my fishing skills (which itself is fun, but not particularly important, as far as I can tell).
It's up to you to change, do what I did and get all the starting job items, would help level up to adept and then some of the challenges needs you to be that particular life doing the challenge else you won't get it.

And to answer your question yes you'll keep all your skills etc, just may not be able to wear/use certain armours and weapons with some classes though.

Hedge

Where is this Dragonhunter character? 80 hours in, four Life's reached God-hood and I still haven't been able to find him. I saw him in the cut scene when I reached Master for Paladin, I think. :c

redcrayon

How exactly does this game work? I mean, I'm an angler, but I'm able to get missions off people that clearly require non-angling skills. I'm aware I can change my life at the Guild Hall, but will I be prompted to do that at a time it's actually necessary, or is it simply up to me?
It's up to you.
Do I keep my existing stats when I change life? And skills?
You keep your stats and skills, but some equipment (not the tools) is locked to specific lives, as are it's 'special' skill.

For example, if I change from a miner to a paladin, I can still mine ore with my 'miner' skill and pickaxe, but, having lost access to my 'ore-buster' special move (it becomes 'sword of light', a melee special instead), it makes high-level ore much harder to crack. However, the sword and shield skills I gained as a paladin make exploring much easier as a miner, although a lot of the high-level armour, shields and swords are paladin only. Similarly, as a paladin I can still try cooking and blacksmithing, but without the special move from being in the relevant life, the crafting process is a bit harder and I'm less likely to make high-quality goods.

Also, you may need to be in the right life to progress via talking to that live's npcs. Ultimately, you do better if you are in the right career for what you are trying to do, but you can always have a go anyway, as long as you have unlocked the base skill by trying out all of the lives for a few minutes.

I'm loving being an angler, but if I could be progressing faster as a warrior or whatever, what's the point other than levelling up my fishing skills (which itself is fun, but not particularly important, as far as I can tell).
Levelling up your fishing skill will make it possible to grab high-level fish as you'll need advanced rods that need a high fishing skill to use, and there are ponds in each of the later areas too. You level up as a character no matter what career you are in. Also, some of the crafting careers require goods you can only get from being a high-level gatherer too. As a blacksmith, a couple of challenges needed stuff I've only been able to get from woodcutting and mining, and I imagine that the tailor, cook, carpenter and alchemist are the same with some of the later quests. I imagine fishing might be useful if you want to be a cook, as will some sort of combat ability if you want meaty dishes :)

Grampasso

Not really.
The Lives can be split in 3 categories, Fighters (Paladin, Mercenary, Magician and Hunter), Crafters (Carpenter, Tailor, Cook, Alchemist and Blacksmith) and Collectors (Angler, Miner and Woodcutter) and among all a fighter/collector starter life makes sense. You may be at a little disadvantage when you'll fight some monsters (you can still fight even as an angler if you have equipped a weapon you can use).
The good thing is you can have equipped at the same time one tool each life you have a license for, so you have at the same time the axe, the fishing pool, the pickaxe etc... and based on context your character will automatically use the one needed, if you approach a cuttable tree the axe symbol will appear so you can chop it, while near mineral ores you'll see a pickaxe symbol. The only exception to this rule is the weapon, even if you're proficient in all the fighters lives you still can have a single weapon equipped. If you don't have any kind of figther license you can still use the dagger. So as an angler you'll be asked to fish in monster crowded areas, even aggressive ones (while some monsters won't attack you as long as you don't start a fight). So you can use your knife to clear the area of the monsters and then start fishing with no one bothering you.

I plunged and bought the DLC : D

Best thing so far is the bigger item bag that lets you carry 400-500 items (unless I missed it earlier).

Where is this Dragonhunter character? 80 hours in, four Life's reached God-hood and I still haven't been able to find him. I saw him in the cut scene when I reached Master for Paladin, I think. :c

Not sure if same guy, but there's a Dragon Slayer or something in West Grassy Plains, near the north-east. I think you go east past Florina's hairdressers, then east below the colourful trees.

redcrayon

West grassy plains, head west of the entrance from East grassy plains, north towards the haircutters place, and then south-east along a ridge. You'll find him standing poetically beside a gravestone. You'll need to
slay a dragon
before he'll talk to you, though.

Not at all, although the increase in levels if you do too many non-combat lives first might make the combat lives a bit too easy. However, generally it feels more natural to do the 'gatherer' skills first. Fishing before cooking, hunting before tailor, and mining before blacksmithing, for example.

Not really.
The Lives can be split in 3 categories, Fighters (Paladin, Mercenary, Magician and Hunter), Crafters (Carpenter, Tailor, Cook, Alchemist and Blacksmith) and Collectors (Angler, Miner and Woodcutter) and among all a fighter/collector starter life makes sense. You may be at a little disadvantage when you'll fight some monsters (you can still fight even as an angler if you have equipped a weapon you can use).
The good thing is you can have equipped at the same time one tool each life you have a license for, so you have at the same time the axe, the fishing pool, the pickaxe etc... and based on context your character will automatically use the one needed, if you approach a cuttable tree the axe symbol will appear so you can chop it, while near mineral ores you'll see a pickaxe symbol. The only exception to this rule is the weapon, even if you're proficient in all the fighters lives you still can have a single weapon equipped. If you don't have any kind of figther license you can still use the dagger. So as an angler you'll be asked to fish in monster crowded areas, even aggressive ones (while some monsters won't attack you as long as you don't start a fight). So you can use your knife to clear the area of the monsters and then start fishing with no one bothering you.
Thanks.

I'll probably just end up bouncing around between all the jobs.

Hedge

Not sure if same guy, but there's a Dragon Slayer or something in West Grassy Plains, near the north-east. I think you go east past Florina's hairdressers, then east below the colourful trees.

West grassy plains, head west of the entrance from East grassy plains, north towards the haircutters place, and then south-east along a ridge. You'll find him standing poetically beside a gravestone. You'll need to
slay a dragon
before he'll talk to you, though.

Thanks, but I've searched all over that place, and he's not there. I've slain all the dragons in the game I came across, and reached God-rank paladin. Maybe that's why? I didn't talk to him early enough? Or do I have to be Paladin for him to appear? I'm leveling Angler now, so maybe that's why.

Edit: I switched to Paladin and now he's there. So it's either because it was night time or I was the wrong life. Either way, thanks! :p

Thanks, but I've searched all over that place, and he's not there. I've slain all the dragons in the game I came across, and reached God-rank paladin. Maybe that's why? I didn't talk to him early enough? Or do I have to be Paladin for him to appear? I'm leveling Angler now, so maybe that's why.

He should still be there even if you aren't a Paladin, but someone who completed the game will know more than me.

redcrayon

Edit: I switched to Paladin and now he's there. So it's either because it was night time or I was the wrong life. Either way, thanks! :p
Heh, I'm playing the DLC now, where your friendship with your party members increases when they travel with you. After fighting the bosses in the Ancient Ruins to level up a bit first, accompanied by Dragonhunter (who died at least 15 times), I reached a story segment that automatically disbands your party first. It then flashed up 'Dragonhunter had a great time!' :D I bet he did.

Chopper

It's up to you.

You keep your stats and skills, but some equipment (not the tools) is locked to specific lives, as are it's 'special' skill.

For example, if I change from a miner to a paladin, I can still mine ore with my 'miner' skill and pickaxe, but, having lost access to my 'ore-buster' special move (it becomes 'sword of light', a melee special instead), it makes high-level ore much harder to crack. However, the sword and shield skills I gained as a paladin make exploring much easier as a miner, although a lot of the high-level armour, shields and swords are paladin only. Similarly, as a paladin I can still try cooking and blacksmithing, but without the special move from being in the relevant life, the crafting process is a bit harder and I'm less likely to make high-quality goods.

Also, you may need to be in the right life to progress via talking to that live's npcs. Ultimately, you do better if you are in the right career for what you are trying to do, but you can always have a go anyway, as long as you have unlocked the base skill by trying out all of the lives for a few minutes.

Levelling up your fishing skill will make it possible to grab high-level fish as you'll need advanced rods that need a high fishing skill to use, and there are ponds in each of the later areas too. You level up as a character no matter what career you are in. Also, some of the crafting careers require goods you can only get from being a high-level gatherer too. As a blacksmith, a couple of challenges needed stuff I've only been able to get from woodcutting and mining, and I imagine that the tailor, cook, carpenter and alchemist are the same with some of the later quests. I imagine fishing might be useful if you want to be a cook, as will some sort of combat ability if you want meaty dishes :)
Thanks for this. So, it's safe to assume that everyone who plays flits between lives pretty regularly?

Also, I assume I'll be okay if I just stuff all this crap that's in my bag into storage? As far as I can tell, I have literally no use for most of it as an angler. I won't lose it or amything, right?

redcrayon

Thanks for this. So, it's safe to assume that everyone who plays flits between lives pretty regularly?

Also, I assume I'll be okay if I just stuff all this crap that's in my bag into storage? As far as I can tell, I have literally no use for most of it as an angler. I won't lose it or amything, right?
I don't know if everyone flits between, I had three or four that were my 'main' interests, and pretty much ignored the others, but sometimes you'll need something from one life to progress in another. Not often, mind, usually you can buy the materials if you wait long enough, but it's a bit annoying that I need Stardust Linen as a Blacksmith, which requires me to also be a high-level tailor, something I'm not very interested in and only became the best in the world at to get a bloody ingredient for my latest challenge. Which must really irk some of the npcs :D. I imagine it's also frustrating for people in non-combat careers that, while the main story rarely requires it, some of the recipes require you to take on some tough beasties, and the NPC fighters aren't in any way a decent replacement for a player. However, players can form parties and give gifts to each other online, which is supposed to be how you get around all of this, it's more of a personal issue for me in that I only play on the commute and don't really have the opportunity to do so!

You only really need one of the combat lives, but there's far more funny dialogue in the life challenges than the main quest. It's worth unlocking at least all of the gathering jobs (angler/miner/woodcutter) by talking to the lifemasters at the start, as you can complete challenges even if you aren't in the right job- if you are walking past a tree with nothing better to do, you may as well cut it down. Similarly, if you walk past a pond and see a strange fish in it, you may as well have a go at catching it! That'll give you a head start if you ever decide to go in that direction later on. It's really pleasant to hang up your tools and start a new life when you feel like doing something different.

Yeah, put all of your crafting materials (but not your tools!) in storage as you can access them from your workshop, you won't lose them. Soon enough you'll have loads of storage in your pack though, once you rank up your Bliss enough!

Chaos17

Really depend of your taste and how you play games.
Personally, I have two characters. One where I complete all the jobs and the other where I focus more on the life cycle of an alchemist.

For immersion, I prefer second character but for end game, I prefer first character since it has a combat class but I've to admit that I felt often overwhelmed by all the taks to do. While, playing as alchemist/tailor/collect jobs feel more relaxing, imo.

I don't know how far I will be able to go as just as an alchemist though.
I'm really tempted to get the magician class since it share the same stat (INT) as the alchemist but dagger+shield is really fun at the moment to play at low level.

Edit : I forgot to say that is possible to go through the game without any crafting jobs since you can buy your equipements and tools. Also NPC will sometime give you gifts.

Maiar_m

I switch from one job to another because I'd like to master them all, but once it's done, i'll revert to miner / blacksmith / carpenter / hunter and level up only those. The point to me is that it enables you to outfit the character in a way that I enjoy and to keep a balanced gameplay, enjoying gathering + crafting and their combined effects on combat (which then open new doors on crafting as combat is a form of gathering) without fatigue.

Plus some jobs (Angler, erg) aren't as appealing to me as some others.

For Fantasy Life 2, my wishes are :

- More variety in the job mini-games. Cooking could be closer to a Cooking Mama thing, and the other jobs could maybe do with a bit more "realism"as well in the way the minigame is played (ie: i'm making a pine beam, I don't actually need to hammer anything in etc...). This would make each job so much more rewarding. It's a huuuge task but hey, this is all wishful thinking anyways.

- The story could do with more presence. The biggest incentive I get to advance the story is that it unlocks new areas... That's not enough! Make me care! I don't think the story is that bad, honestly. I just think it's poorly executed. With that many NPCs it would have been good, for instance, to use them in the world building and story telling. You get glimpses of that (the dragonsalyer, I assume, has a story to tell) but it's a missed opportunity all the same. Side quests shouldn't be just collectathlons, they can enhance story telling and worldbuilding a lot. I'm not necessarily preaching daaaark, mature themes nor do I want multiple endings, but don't tell me the world is going to end if I'm not doing anything THEN tell me "hey, let's do fuck all."

- I believe the pet system is a bit too basic. I often wished I could equip / train my pets to become better allies. It'd be great to have them learn / evolve pokemon style. Not being able to fight while on a mount is also a letdown.

- The map needs to be more accurate. When you're in Port Pueblo and you're going to the archipelago, you're heading south. Then the screen goes black, loading time and TADAA, you're heading West. wat. If you look at the map, you'll find that the East Grassy Fields are connected to the Desert. Except they're not, you can only reach them through the West Grassy Fields. Weird.

- One of the best adventure game features was in the DS Zelda games. Let me fucking write on my map, for god's sake. I swear I won't draw too many dicks.

- Focusing on a job should be rewarded as much as choosing various lives can be. I don't think I should be getting quests from NPCs that are targeted at jobs I don't have: if I accept them (and since they wall-of-text me nearly each time I tend to accept carelessly) they will pollute my quite limited quest log and won't ever be dealt with without just buying the stuff needed in a shop (which I think we'll all agree isn't a good game mechanic at all). If I focus on a job, say I become a master cook, I should get letters containing event quests such as "Wassup, it's me, the king. Say, I heard you're a Master Cook and I've got a party laid out tonight. Come before sundown and you could be the king's cook for the night!". If you get there before the sun sets, you're in for a series of minigames. Depending on how well yo do, you gain Dosh, reputation (so more event quests) and experience. This would make job level ups so much more useful and the game that much more deep and fun IMO.

OK I realise this my seem like a lot of gripes, but it's not. I'm clocking 50h ? 45 ? I don't remember but I'm clocking way too much on that game and I'm not nearly done with it. I think it's my most compelling handheld game experience right after Link's Awakening and before ALBW and Circle of the Moon. It's packed with charm, I think the fighting mechanics are quite good (could do with more depth but then again, not necessarily), the map is terrific, the variety of ennemies / materials / recipes is a treat and I'm very happy with it all. I haven't even finished the main story and I haven't scratched the DLC. I'm just convinced this great game could be turned, with minimal (?) adjustments, into an impossibly awesome experience.

edt: I'd love to have seasons as well. Reveria at Christmas, can you imagine? Halloween Elderwood, suckers!

Heh with how long Level-5 took to make this game you can expect a release date for the sequel 5 years after the announcement they were making it XD

TheMoon

Just started cooking. Man, I don't even care about any story stuff. I just want to fish and cook and whatever lol. I love tha t they cleverly chose not to have a SUPER EPIC ADVENTURE interfere with you just messing around with all jobs.

GOTY.

Linius

Just checked, I'm at 68 now. They give good dosh and xp!

Right now I'm working on mining to get up to hero. Need 400 stars.

EDIT

I'm pretty sure my desert is out of emeralds :(

And I really need to be carefull with scrolling trough my items. Tapped on a rare fish to read it's bio and accidently ate it :(

EDIT 2

Finally found the third one! Still haven't found a single Onyx btw, but I'm already a hero now. Ha!

Also set the mole pickaxe as my streetpass gift.

redcrayon

I switch from one job to another because I'd like to master them all, but once it's done, i'll revert to miner / blacksmith / carpenter / hunter and level up only those. The point to me is that it enables you to outfit the character in a way that I enjoy and to keep a balanced gameplay, enjoying gathering + crafting and their combined effects on combat (which then open new doors on crafting as combat is a form of gathering) without fatigue.

Plus some jobs (Angler, erg) aren't as appealing to me as some others.

For Fantasy Life 2, my wishes are :

- More variety in the job mini-games. Cooking could be closer to a Cooking Mama thing, and the other jobs could maybe do with a bit more "realism"as well in the way the minigame is played (ie: i'm making a pine beam, I don't actually need to hammer anything in etc...). This would make each job so much more rewarding. It's a huuuge task but hey, this is all wishful thinking anyways.

- The story could do with more presence. The biggest incentive I get to advance the story is that it unlocks new areas... That's not enough! Make me care! I don't think the story is that bad, honestly. I just think it's poorly executed. With that many NPCs it would have been good, for instance, to use them in the world building and story telling. You get glimpses of that (the dragonsalyer, I assume, has a story to tell) but it's a missed opportunity all the same. Side quests shouldn't be just collectathlons, they can enhance story telling and worldbuilding a lot. I'm not necessarily preaching daaaark, mature themes nor do I want multiple endings, but don't tell me the world is going to end if I'm not doing anything THEN tell me "hey, let's do fuck all."

- I believe the pet system is a bit too basic. I often wished I could equip / train my pets to become better allies. It'd be great to have them learn / evolve pokemon style. Not being able to fight while on a mount is also a letdown.

- The map needs to be more accurate. When you're in Port Pueblo and you're going to the archipelago, you're heading south. Then the screen goes black, loading time and TADAA, you're heading West. wat. If you look at the map, you'll find that the East Grassy Fields are connected to the Desert. Except they're not, you can only reach them through the West Grassy Fields. Weird.

- One of the best adventure game features was in the DS Zelda games. Let me fucking write on my map, for god's sake. I swear I won't draw too many dicks.

- Focusing on a job should be rewarded as much as choosing various lives can be. I don't think I should be getting quests from NPCs that are targeted at jobs I don't have: if I accept them (and since they wall-of-text me nearly each time I tend to accept carelessly) they will pollute my quite limited quest log and won't ever be dealt with without just buying the stuff needed in a shop (which I think we'll all agree isn't a good game mechanic at all). If I focus on a job, say I become a master cook, I should get letters containing event quests such as "Wassup, it's me, the king. Say, I heard you're a Master Cook and I've got a party laid out tonight. Come before sundown and you could be the king's cook for the night!". If you get there before the sun sets, you're in for a series of minigames. Depending on how well yo do, you gain Dosh, reputation (so more event quests) and experience. This would make job level ups so much more useful and the game that much more deep and fun IMO.

OK I realise this my seem like a lot of gripes, but it's not. I'm clocking 50h ? 45 ? I don't remember but I'm clocking way too much on that game and I'm not nearly done with it. I think it's my most compelling handheld game experience right after Link's Awakening and before ALBW and Circle of the Moon. It's packed with charm, I think the fighting mechanics are quite good (could do with more depth but then again, not necessarily), the map is terrific, the variety of ennemies / materials / recipes is a treat and I'm very happy with it all. I haven't even finished the main story and I haven't scratched the DLC. I'm just convinced this great game could be turned, with minimal (?) adjustments, into an impossibly awesome experience.

edt: I'd love to have seasons as well. Reveria at Christmas, can you imagine? Halloween Elderwood, suckers!
Good ideas, I agree with all of that after 50 hours of play. Awesome game, a few tweaks here and there could turn it into something spectacular.

I'm thoroughly impressed with the Paladin questline. Even after reaching God rank,
there's still one more dragon to fight, accompanied by Mustang! :D

Anyone got some good mining and wood-felling spots? I'm Hero with Miner and Woodcutter, but totally missing the targets for the mine/cut X amount of stuff >___<

redcrayon

Sorry, I meant places with high mining/tree density : P

Also, that (fan?) art is cute. I wanna drag her along for the ride, but getting to Elderwood Village is a pain sometimes XD
To get there quickly, I use the airship guy immediately below the stables in castelle to get to the Elderwood entrance, then turn around and run right over the bridge to the guide paladin who takes you straight there.

Delstius

Luck is great if you want to drop more yeah, it basically works for everything beside bounties I guess.
Also to get gems out of mines more often you have to mine correctly by smashing the mine with a powerful move when it's low on life. Hitting the weak spot can help too (you can move around mines and trees when mining/cutting, saying just in case). Also, if your skill level and your tool are high, a simple rhythmic hit can be enough (does better dmg than just smashing A). And of course, being a miner also award a bonus loot for every mine.
Finally, I believe that crystal veins drop gems way more often. If that's only what you're looking for, just aim for those.

Anyone got some good mining and wood-felling spots? I'm Hero with Miner and Woodcutter, but totally missing the targets for the mine/cut X amount of stuff >___<

Use the teleport to Snowpeak mountain. Right after the tp, do the mines below around the lizard and then head for the mountain for woodcutting. It's low lvl so you can OS anything, tree/mine included. Go home and sleep for respawn.
Personally &#8203;I just gathered special tree and what I needed most in order to have a lot of everything as gathering tons of low-lvl useless material didn't sound very fun. I was missing only 70ish tree though, so it wasn't a chore.

Haven;t wrote much about the game since I'm honestly still so deep in it, I haven't had time to put my head up and think about it broadly, but really glad to see the OT still rolling away on the front page. Think I've piled just about 90 hours in, and I've only just mopped up the main origin island questline, so many more job challenges to do.

Really amazing game though, I would nevert have thought this would be up there for my GOTY (even more surprising to myself that the other two are rpgs as well, South Park & Divinity). Bought myself Ni No Kuni for when I'm done this. I know it's quite different to this but this game has bought level 5 a lot of goodwill from me.

Gambit

I am really enjoying the game, but only playing very slowly. Since Monday last week, I have only played for 6 hours. That's why I don't really post in this intimidating thread where everyone else got miles ahead on the first weekend alone. But I am glad everyone seems to be enjoying it as I am. (two friends also bough it on my recommendation)

Anyhow, I have a question. Does my pet (dog) become stronger or remain as weak as he starts out? If he doesn't, he is basically useless, which would be a shame.

Also, if a pet doesn't grow in strength, does it matter what level you are when you get him?

ATM I am playing through all the job tutorials just to see what each job can do and then I will continue with miner/hunter.

Cerity

Also, I remember chatting to one of the mining NPC's. He said that it's 90% skill and 10% luck, or the other way around, he couldn't remember.

I'd be willing to bet on the drop mechanics being very similar :p

Top Bottom