• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Anyhow, I have a question. Does my pet (dog) become stronger or remain as weak as he starts out? If he doesn't, he is basically useless, which would be a shame.

Pretty sure he keeps level semi-relevant to what you are , I'm not even sure you have to use him! Mine's has went up I believe and I don't take him out all that often (I'm a horrible person)

Delstius

Does my pet (dog) become stronger or remain as weak as he starts out? If he doesn't, he is basically useless, which would be a shame.

Also, if a pet doesn't grow in strength, does it matter what level you are when you get him?

I believe that only with the DLC you can grow your friendship with NPC (pet included). It's supposed to affect their stats or how they behave a little, but I honestly didn't notice any change between a 50% friendship and a 100% one. As for their lvl it's based on yours with lvl 100 as limit (even with DLC).
Pet are good companions in the early to mid game, decent later on, not so much for the very end game and terrible for the DLC.
Make the most of them while you can, the game is long enough to have fun with them.

Cob32

Does
Ancient Ruins
come into the main quest? Ive just discovered the
broken ship in deep elderwood

Gambit

Pretty sure he keeps level semi-relevant to what you are , I'm not even sure you have to use him! Mine's has went up I believe and I don't take him out all that often (I'm a horrible person)

I believe that only with the DLC you can grow your friendship with NPC (pet included). It's supposed to affect their stats or how they behave a little, but I honestly didn't notice any change between a 50% friendship and a 100% one. As for their lvl it's based on yours with lvl 100 as limit (even with DLC).
Pet are good companions in the early to mid game, decent later on, not so much for the very end game and terrible for the DLC.
Make the most of them while you can, the game is long enough to have fun with them.

Thanks. In that case, I will continue taking my puppy (called Pup) along on the expeditions.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Probably has been asked a dozen of times already - but how can i get my own horse ?

Lanrutcon

So what I've realised is that resetting my stats for whatever task I'm about to attempt works amazingly welll. Gonna go craft some stuff? Respec for 100 Vitality. Gonna go fight a boss? Respect for all damage stats. 30k dosh is a trivial amount later on.

Cob32

So what I've realised is that resetting my stats for whatever task I'm about to attempt works amazingly welll. Gonna go craft some stuff? Respec for 100 Vitality. Gonna go fight a boss? Respect for all damage stats. 30k dosh is a trivial amount later on.

Good idea. I havent touched alchemy yet so this should help when I do level it up.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Its a bliss reward. You need to get
rental horse, rental crab and rental camel
for it to show up.

Oh shit, could have guess that much - thanks. Wouldnt have spend my bliss points on 3 pets only to realize that i can only take two with me on a quest lol.

Delstius

Does
Ancient Ruins
come into the main quest? Ive just discovered the
broken ship in deep elderwood

Not used for the story quest. There's a lot of class challenges to do there though
and it's basically the end game dungeon of the base game, boss battles are epic there

I hesitated a long time about doing that because my build allowed me to do everything decently. But after trying it I can't live without now. It's not that useful for crafting by the very end game if you have auto+ for pots
and as god skill+divine component make everything else an easy task
. But for the last trial and the class quest it's almost mandatory. Trying every combat class with their full potential is really fun too.

Chaos17

Trough the DLC you can get an item that allows you to reset your stat points right? As opposed to paying 30k.

But the Lunares coins are such a pain to make -.-'
You will come to dislike a bit Pam because of that quest, lol.

ZSjfBLH.jpg

Chaos17

Some people discovered some new things with the Lunares coins on the Miiverse :

zlCfzShu4hYJKFBEpR

Red horse

zlCfzShugW0_hWcIdx

Celestia set

No, it only features in the life challenges. Although it's definitely worth exploring.
Yeah, without the life challenges a lot of people would've probably not explore the world by themselves.
Some tough the game end at the credits and then complain that the game was too simple on the Miiverse XD

Xhorder

So after preordering this game at WowHD it finally arrived today (I expected it would take a while)! Good enough for me, since I just finished the other game I was playing.

So I'm starting as a hunter, let's see what this game is all about :)

redcrayon

Yeah, without the life challenges a lot of people would've probably not explore the world by themselves.
Some tough the game end at the credits and then complain that the game was too simple on the Miiverse XD
What I love about the simple main story is that, for the handful of combat encounters, you pretty much always get the option of staying out of them or letting your allies deal with it while you head for the plot npc/item. You can easily see the end of the story having spent 99% of your time just fishing, only swinging a knife at monsters that get a bit too close. It's worth doing just to open the world up, really. It's not often that rpgs let you reach the end as a non-combat class without having to have spent at least several hours fighting things.

Bloody hell, the bonus quest after reaching God-level paladin is tough.
Ancient Napdragon and his spawn
just ate my team in seconds! There seems to be little point in hanging around, burning through my auto-revive items while I'm only doing 2hp of damage to it at level 55, might pop back for a reckoning later. Much later. :D

Linius

Fantasy life guide book translated into english ? *_*
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/fantasy-life/9200000031364421/

Dutch webshop Bol.com is listing an English Guidebook about Fantasy Life which should release at the same time as the American version of the game.

It's pretty damn pricey though. I'd surely buy a guidebook for a normal price (like 20 euros or something). Even though I hardly use them I'd love to have some in my collection. Also got the Prima guide for New Leaf for example. Nice little book.

Yeah that's the one I mentioned. So I hope it soon pops up on Amazon or something.

quabba

Ok finished the main story at lvl 40 so still have a bit of work before I unlock the dlc. I reached hero in hunter and master blacksmith and miner. Just started angler and it's cool to have something new to do while I revisit all the areas for challenges.

Does anyone know what the second option on the map menu is? I never unlocked it through the story and I thought it may have been related to getting my own horse but I've done that and still nothing.

Cerity

IIRC Flutter still has some requests after you finish the game. That or you need to get a start on the dlc content but it definitely unlocks after the story.

BowieZ

Banned
Two questions:

I'm struggling as a mercenary to defeat bosses like the Desert Tyrant, and it seems I need to, in order to progress to Master rank. How do I do this? And if I need to use allies, how do I? I've been told for about 5 people I can now ask them to join my party, but I can't figure out how to actually select that option.

Linius

Ok finished the main story at lvl 40 so still have a bit of work before I unlock the dlc. I reached hero in hunter and master blacksmith and miner. Just started angler and it's cool to have something new to do while I revisit all the areas for challenges.

Does anyone know what the second option on the map menu is? I never unlocked it through the story and I thought it may have been related to getting my own horse but I've done that and still nothing.

Still haven't unlocked that one either, also played trough the whole story. I figure it got something to do with the DLC.

Two questions:

I'm struggling as a mercenary to defeat bosses like the Desert Tyrant, and it seems I need to, in order to progress to Master rank. How do I do this? And if I need to use allies, how do I? I've been told for about 5 people I can now ask them to join my party, but I can't figure out how to actually select that option.

Walk up to them and press Y or X, it shows the correct button on screen. Then a small menu gets prompted and you can invite them to your party.

Linius

The second option on the map menu for me is "travel to the guild office "

That's the third. First is Master's location, second is ???, third is travel to guild office and last is go home.

By the way, does anyone know where you can buy beautiful buttons?

Delstius

It's related to the DLC, a bliss request from Flutter will unlock it.
It allows you to teleport to Divinus room because he's the master for every god rank

Cerity

If you guys are that interested, its
Travel to Divinus' Garden, it's so it's easier to deal with the God rank stuff

A question for fishermen: how the hell can I catch the
golden swordfish
? I went to THAT spot at least ten times and it never appeared. Also: is there a faster way to make the fish reapparing in that spot other than sleeping in the hotel? Thanks!

Mekere

A question for fishermen: how the hell can I catch the
golden swordfish
? I went to THAT spot at least ten times and it never appeared. Also: is there a faster way to make the fish reapparing in that spot other than sleeping in the hotel? Thanks!

Raise your luck. Mine is above 40 and the
golden swordfish
of doom that kills appears once every 5 tries.

Good luck fighting it, it took me a few tries. If you want a few hints on how to get it:
Don't use special attacks until he lost at least half of its health. Fighting it will drain your mana very quickly you want to be able to chain your attacks right at the end to finish it.

Robin64

Can you visit someone else's room in multiplayer?

What I'm wondering is if you can use another person's mirror to reset stats for free.

Chaos17

The Maajik Carp or whatever it's called is my horror. I've caught countless useless fish but never once that damn carp.
I will never play again without luck, those damn fish or ancient trees are just pain to get without a lot of luck (ex:30) >_<

Can you visit someone else's room in multiplayer?

What I'm wondering is if you can use another person's mirror to reset stats for free.

You can visit other people room in Multi but I don't think you will be able to use the mirror because my friend couldn't use the hairstyler in my world when I unlocked it.

But! It's worth a try ;)

Linius

I'm now a master blacksmith and trying to figure out what the best sets are for me to wear combined with which swords. It's annoying that I don't really in which life I can wear what set.

You guys happen to know what the strongest sword is for me? I see the Flamberge got 80 in attack stats and that's by far the highest I've seen so far.

Chaos17

I'm now a master blacksmith and trying to figure out what the best sets are for me to wear combined with which swords. It's annoying that I don't really in which life I can wear what set.

You guys happen to know what the strongest sword is for me? I see the Flamberge got 80 in attack stats and that's by far the highest I've seen so far.

Press X on the recipe/equip and you will be to see who can wear it.

zlCfzShz7PMQEVUswJ

Linius

Press X on the recipe/equip and you will be to see who can wear it.

zlCfzShz7PMQEVUswJ

Yeah I know. Should have rather typed "I'm too lazy to sort it all out" I guess :p

I'd love a guidebook by now so I can have a quick look on what sets I should have on me and what I can ditch in my locker or sell. I'll go collect some info in a spreadsheet I think.

That Demonic Void sword looks insane btw. Only need to figure out where you can get the Evil Shard though. Probably some insane boss monster lol

Linius

I feel like I'm finally making massive progress today. Bringing up my smith skills from expert to hero at this rate, master at the moment. Tailor went from adept to expert. My angler is going up to hero later tonight when I get back to fishing. My carpenter also went up to master today. And to top it of I reached level 50 today so I can unlock Origin Island!

And because of all the leveling I have access to much stronger weapons and armour now. Forged pretty much all the big swords for paladin and mercenary now except for that awesome sword for which I need to kill that beast in the ancient ruins. I also brought in my first crown bounty today, that bird in the desert. Oh and thanks to my improved mole axe I managed to mine the boss ore in the ancient ruins, I couldn't even scratch it before. I think I'm gonna try the sinister tree again later, with my new axe that should be possible. Also saved up more than enough dosh for the last holiday home in the regular game.

This game is just so much awesomeness.

Made some good progress too ^^

Reached God Blacksmith, redeemed the double exp. shoes and also beat the first tower trial.

Almost nearing 400 deposits mined too... Almost...

Top Bottom