• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Allright, please take a look at this too : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971712-fantasy-life/70273599
I'm suggesting you this because I saw often people missing NPC to unlock challenges and recipies on other communities.

Edit : shops list
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/971712-fantasy-life/faqs/70335
Will add these as links on the OP later.

Any news on pre-order bonuses for the NA release? I'm getting it irregardless, but I'm just curious. I'm kinda backing away/blacking myself out for stuff so I'm not spoiled.
Don't think I've seen anything posted about a preorder bonus for NA, so don't think there will be any =/

Chaos17

Ah. I hadn't really looked into the specifics of it, and the one time I did try it said: 'You can't switch lives while doing the Lunares story' (or similar), so I thought I might have had to reach a specific story point to open up the systems.

Yeah, you can't switch classes during story and co-op.
So when you will see the message "you're free to explore" then it mean you're out of the story mode and free to do whatever you like.
Just don't continue/do (all) Flutter quests if you don't want to continue the story.

Grizzo

Changing to Miner and romping through a few old areas with my pickaxe did make things a lot more fun.

Yeah! I was surprised at how fun the mining life is!

Even though it seems like what you get is randomized so I can't beat a certain quest right now... I need one more ruby but I just can't get one, no matter how many times I try

Chaos17

Yeah! I was surprised at how fun the mining life is!

Even though it seems like what you get is randomized so I can't beat a certain quest right now... I need one more ruby but I just can't get one, no matter how many times I try

raise your luck

Hedge

Which NPC's are the strongest or most useful ones? I've been going
Yeulia for healing and Odin for his armor and his AoE.

Are there better alternatives?

Chaos17

Yuelia is the best healer and rare healer of the game only
her mother will outpower her, imo
To my greatest saddess, Odin can be replaced by :
the queen until you unlock the masters class at god rank. Those masters are really beasty.

Erik and Ophelia (latter is DLC only) are great.
There's also Miguel, one of the Mercenary companions (better/on par with Odin).

And that's a good thing! You'll jump into the game already prepared!

We need to play together once it's released in the US (and also with El Gato) :)
That would be awesome.

You guys will be way stronger than me for a long while though. You'll have to drag my corpse along a bit I think.

Kouriozan

That would be awesome.

You guys will be way stronger than me for a long while though. You'll have to drag my corpse along a bit I think.
I almost stopped playing while waiting the US release. There is still so much for me to do.

...nah, the real reason is Hyrule Warriors DLC eating all my playing time x)

I almost stopped playing while waiting the US release. There is still so much for me to do.

...nah, the real reason is Hyrule Warriors DLC eating all my playing time x)
Well you are already a Diety =P

I've haven't played for a while as well, basically like I said before Smash consumes me lol, and Hyrule Warriors.

Grizzo

Can we talk about how great the music is in this game? I know the main themes by heart and they often get stuck in my head when I'm not playing the game.

The "night in town" one is so relaxing.

That would be awesome.

No worries! I'll gladly do that haha :D

Well you are already a Diety =P

I've haven't played for a while as well, basically like I said before Smash consumes me lol, and Hyrule Warriors.

Still haven't found the time to even unwrap my copy of Hyrule Warriors! Too many games to play!

Can we talk about how great the music is in this game? I know the main themes by heart and they often get stuck in my head when I'm not playing the game.

Still haven't found the time to even unwrap my copy of Hyrule Warriors! Too many games to play!
That Nobuo Uematsu music =D I love this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzb-FGP4dfU&list=PLjW43BMgRBoaXP5F796KuYl6VHvqOuY61&index=14
And yeah so many games lol

Anybody know what the price for the DLC will be in the US? I'm guessing it's $7 from the price for EU.
Think it'll be that amount Nintendo loves their 1:1 conversion for Euros and Dollars =/

Full North American Site has launched. :D

The DLC is mentioned, but no price. I hope it's reasonable. (At least they didn't have the same misinformation as the PAL site about all the DLC being post game.)

Yeah, there's a lot of great music in the game. It's not getting enough attention IMO.

Chaos17

zlCfzSju4doPlR38Oq

First password has been released on official twitters :
- English: "Seasick sailors"
- Spanish: "Marinos mareados"
- French: "Marins nauséeux"
- German: "Ahoi Matrose!"

A new set has been discovered on Miiverse :
zlCfzSjuq88oXrhYJm

Chopper

zlCfzSju4doPlR38Oq

zlCfzSjuq88oXrhYJm
What does this mean?!

How often do ores respawn? It seems random!

daydream

Banned
Alright cool hopefully the passwords aren't changed for the NA version and it's looking like they have holiday based sets, wonder how much more they have. Will add the section later, should I put spoilers on it or it'll be fine uncensored?

Nah, I don't think you're supposed to figure them out on your own. I certainly wouldn't have ever tried "Seasick sailors". :p

Also, how do you get the pumpkin outfit?

Nah, I don't think you're supposed to figure them out on your own. I certainly wouldn't have ever tried "Seasick sailors". :p

Also, how do you get the pumpkin outfit?
From Googling it seems to be a password set which I'm guessing the Miiverse user guessed correctly or was told by someone =S

Got my sailor clothes!

Also, holy crap at the God Mercenary boss. It wasn't too bad until I got it to about half health, then its range of attack just increased dramatically. Nevermind its attacks take off 3/4 of my health.

Thank lord the battle was in the desert so I could nip over to the Salesplush for Life Cures...

zlCfzSju4doPlR38Oq

zlCfzSjuq88oXrhYJm
I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed that Pumpkin set.

Edit: According to this GameFAQs thread, the North American password will be "Sailor's delight", though I'm not sure where they got that info from.

daydream

Banned
Anyone up for some multiplayer? I said I'd try it this week so if you wanna kill some wraiths or do whatever, really, let me know. :)

Linius

I've only seen the pilot so far, was pretty good.

Normally I'd be up for some mp as well but I'm way too tired now. Hopefully next weekend.

Grizzo

Great! :D First time I've heard of that show btw. I haven't been keeping up with TV, at all. Any good?

It's a really engrossing show that takes place in an hospital from the beginning of the XXth century. It's well done and fascinating.

By the way, I'm ready! Just turned on the 3DS

I've only seen the pilot so far, was pretty good.

Normally I'd be up for some mp as well but I'm way too tired now. Hopefully next weekend.

Yeah we should absolutely try playing with 4 people next time! :D

daydream

Banned
It's a really engrossing show that takes place in an hospital from the beginning of the XXth century. It's well done and fascinating.

By the way, I'm ready! Just turned on the 3DS

I'll have to check it out! Ok, to meet up, we have to go to the Guild Office in Castele, I think. :eek:

Top Bottom