• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Linius

Nice going! And you guys really don't mine much huh? I reached the 500 requirement right after I became master miner, never had to farm :p

Maybe it's because I had so much bad luck finding the rare gems.

Grizzo

Forgot to play this game this week but I finally mastered the Archer Life a few days ago.

There are still many huge monsters that I can't deal even 1 damage too so I'm gonna have to switch lives and get more experience (I'm level 27 at the moment).

daydream

Banned
I don't think I've spent any money on materials or equipment, yet. I figure I can find all that in the world/craft it myself so why waste the dosh.

Also bought my Porto house earlier and I've already made back most of that money. Cash inflow really ramps up. I've done about 50-55 requests so far so I've unlocked the higher request tiers. The percentage of requests that require some sort crafting is increasing, though, so I'll have to switch soon. I said I'd do it after I mastered Magician so I guess there's no getting around it, haha.

Grizzo

I don't think I've spent any money on materials or equipment, yet. I figure I can find all that in the world/craft it myself so why waste the dosh.

Also bought my Porto house earlier and I've already made back most of that money. Cash inflow really ramps up. I've done about 50-55 requests so far.

Oh my, I never even thought about crafting my equipment by myself! I just bought stuff whenever I got the chance to find a better weapon in shops.

It seems like I still have a lot to do in this game!

Linius

Also bought my Porto house earlier and I've already made back most of that money. Cash inflow really ramps up. I've done about 50-55 requests so far so I've unlocked the higher request tiers. The percentage of requests that require some sort crafting is increasing, though, so I'll have to switch soon. I said I'd do it after I mastered Magician so I guess there's no getting around it, haha.

It's kind of hard that you need tailor, blacksmith and carpenter to level them up. They all borrow materials from each other. That's mostly why I decided to pick up tailoring, because I didn't want to spend too much dosh on stuff I can make myself with some effort :p

Oh my, I never even thought about crafting my equipment by myself! I just bought stuff whenever I got the chance to find a better weapon in shops.

It seems like I still have a lot to do in this game!

Even better, the stuff you buy is just the most regular version. When you make it yourself you get a quality bonus depending on how good of a job you did that also affects the stats of that item.

daydream

Banned
Even better, the stuff you buy is just the most regular version. When you make it yourself you get a quality bonus depending on how good of a job you did that also affects the stats of that item.

Yup. Obviously I haven't seen it myself, yet, but since there are requests for "Good" or "Wonderful" tables, armour, pie, whatever, I figured that, on top of saving dosh, you'd actually get better results by crafting equipment and items yourself. So looking forward to that!

Linius

Oh since you two haven't started crafting yet, be sure to save some sacks of copper/silver/gold/treasure. They're part of crafting recipes later on.

Grizzo

Yup. Obviously I haven't seen it myself, yet, but since there are requests for "Good" or "Wonderful" tables, armour, pie, whatever, I figured that, on top of saving dosh, you'd actually get better results by crafting equipment and items yourself. So looking forward to that!

Well I think it's time for me to start a new life as a blacksmith! Thanks for the heads-up guys!

Oh since you two haven't started crafting yet, be sure to save some sacks of copper/silver/gold/treasure. They're part of crafting recipes later on.

Wh...ooops, I always sell them off. But since I carry like 300 items with me all the time, it's a chore to scroll all the way down to select them to sell. So maybe I still have some on me...

On the plus side, they're not that hard to find. Unlike the Ancient Stone in the first DLC area (thank lord you can buy them later on),

Linius

Wh...ooops, I always sell them off. But since I carry like 300 items with me all the time, it's a chore to scroll all the way down to select them to sell. So maybe I still have some on me...

On the plus side, they're not that hard to find. Unlike the Ancient Stone in the first DLC area (thank lord you can buy them later on),

Sack of Treasure are the only ones that rarely drop for me. But the other ones are easy yes. It's no biggie to sell a bunch of them, but I'd keep just a few in your pocket for later on.

Well now I'm a hero Paladin, Woodcutter, Miner (soon to be legend) and Angler. Master Blacksmith (soon to be hero) and Carpenter. Expert Tailor.

I think I should start focusing a little on killing the big beasts with the golden crowns. Or maybe try some of the other lives, I haven't touched any of the rest yet. The seven lives I've used so far complement each other fantasticly.

EDIT

Hero blacksmith done :D

Edit : dear mount!
zlCfzSiD37ox78_yyQ
Heh, the deer is cute. All the special mounts are pretty sweet. (I think the crab is still my favorite.)

I really hope that Fantasy Life 2 lets you pick your personal mount instead of just offering a horse. It's a shame so many of these cool creatures are relegated to limited use.

Linius

I was so happy when I finally got that evil carp basterd in Al Maajik.

Upgrading from hero to legend seems quite easy by the way for woodcutter and miner. I need two more black onyx to become a legend. And I need to cut down the celestial tree and cut 500 trees total for another legend. Still 175 trees to go though :p

Think I'm gonna focus on carpenter first now, I really need a better axe and rod. I can damage the celestial tree but I don't have enough SP to cut it yet with the little damage I do. And fishes were also crazy hard to catch there with my whirlpool rod. Though to be fair, I was playing as woodcutter at the time so as an Angler I'd probably take the benefit of my focus bonus stats.

If you think about it the way you play this game is rather repetive. Because you keep going back to areas to defeat monsters, cut trees, catch fish or mine ores. And everytime you just make a new circle of improving your tools, go back and gather/slaughter everything. And still as simple as that is it's so addicting. I guess it's just so satisfying to forge better tools and finally be able to cut that certain tree etc.

Oxx

I've spent just over an hour with the game now. It really is rather talky, but it appears that I have a lot more freedom to explore after the animated intro rolled.

Upgrading from hero to legend seems quite easy by the way for woodcutter and miner. I need two more black onyx to become a legend. And I need to cut down the celestial tree and cut 500 trees total for another legend. Still 175 trees to go though :p

Not for me XD

Maybe I'm cutting corners or just impatient, but I'm still behind with the cut/mine X times or find Y rare log. Fortunately I've been working on it somewhat, as I have 75 deposits to mine until I'm Legend Miner.

As for other progress, I managed to complete the special God rank Blacksmith request. Annoyingly, I didn't realise you had to give in the sword you forged; I quickly reset so I could keep it...

Then I used the sword to punish a Hell Gigante.

Hedge

Not for me XD

Maybe I'm cutting corners or just impatient, but I'm still behind with the cut/mine X times or find Y rare log. Fortunately I've been working on it somewhat, as I have 75 deposits to mine until I'm Legend Miner.

As for other progress, I managed to complete the special God rank Blacksmith request. Annoyingly, I didn't realise you had to give in the sword you forged; I quickly reset so I could keep it...

Then I used the sword to punish a Hell Gigante.

What level were you in that fight, if I might ask?

What level were you in that fight, if I might ask?

Level 95, but the weapons and armour are more important (oh and God Mode, I guess : P).

I managed to slay it when I first arrived on the island (Level 60ish, 100 Strength after resetting stats and the best non-DLC equipment), although it was a drag...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wait you can reset stats? At what point is that possible? Because going the all-rounder route wasn't the best decision with my archer.

Fun fact: you can gift Divine quality (DLC only) non-DLC items via StreetPass.

Oh, finally became a master and oh man the videos are amazing.
Any way to retch those?
I think only Youtube, but not sure if anyone's uploaded the videos.

Wait you can reset stats? At what point is that possible? Because going the all-rounder route wasn't the best decision with my archer.

After beating the main game.

You can access a secret area in the Al Maajik library and pay around 30K to reset your stats (only at night).

Counter fun fact: StreetPass is restricted to DLC / non-DLC users the same way multiplayer is.

Nah, it's not despite what the game might say. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do what I did : P

My sister doesn't have the DLC on her 3DS, but she received my Divine quality Gold Dagger just fine via StreetPass.

Sadly, she couldn't get my Berserker's Rage (appears as "Unobtainable Item"), but she could see my full profile, DLC equips and all.

TheMoon

Nah, it's not despite what the game might say. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do what I did : P

My sister doesn't have the DLC on her 3DS, but she received my Divine quality Gold Dagger just fine via StreetPass.

Sadly, she couldn't get my Berserker's Rage (appears as "Unobtainable Item"), but she could see my full profile, DLC equips and all.

oO then why did they say that! brb, updating wikis!

oO then why did they say that! brb, updating wikis!

I don't know where it mentioned it, but I'm pretty sure I read in an official source that StreetPass between DLC / non-DLC is possible, but you just can't gift DLC items.

It may have been the digital manual.

Fake edit: Yeah, it's in the manual, Page 27 under "Attention".

Chopper

Decided to give minig a go this afternoon. I quite enjoyed revisiting locations and blastng through some of the challenges.

I'm an expert angler too, and "accidentally" completed an angling mission as a miner. Is there any disadvantage to doing this whilst I'm a miner? Presumably I can't cash them in...

Also, does mining level determime which ores I can/can't mine? Like, could an ore that receives 0 damage whilst I'm a level 3 miner suddenly be perfectly manageable at level 4? Or is it more gradual than that?

Delstius

Most of the gathering jobs challenges can be done in any class, the only restriction being for a few bounty at each rank.

Concerning the skill lvl, I think there might be a penalty on your damage if your lvl is too low.

Impotaku

Well im stuck now, completed the main game and completed all the outstanding bliss quests that were listed but i can't find where the hell origin island is. Meg doesn't seem to be offering any quests so i have no idea where to start looking for the post game content.

quabba

Most of the gathering jobs challenges can be done in any class, the only restriction being for a few bounty at each rank.

Concerning the skill lvl, I think there might be a penalty on your damage if your lvl is too low.
The skill levels also restricts the equips

Well im stuck now, completed the main game and completed all the outstanding bliss quests that were listed but i can't find where the hell origin island is. Meg doesn't seem to be offering any quests so i have no idea where to start looking for the post game content.

I had some trouble with this too. Hit lvl 50 and talk to flutter in your room.

Finally changed out of the Shell armour after over 30 hours!

zlCfzSi3yBIdjhAPvD_zps80220012.jpeg

Still taking this slow, just finished gathering the third treasure from Al Maajik as far as the story goes, but other than that I've been exploring the Ancient Ruins and dipped into the Deep Elderwood.

There was nothing in the Elderwood, just an small loop with an empty grotto and a sealed down to the east that I can't open. Am I going here too early?

Linius

There's one more area in the deep elderwood that will open up by then. But the deep elderwood it self still isn't very interesting imo.

Decided to give minig a go this afternoon. I quite enjoyed revisiting locations and blastng through some of the challenges.

I'm an expert angler too, and "accidentally" completed an angling mission as a miner. Is there any disadvantage to doing this whilst I'm a miner? Presumably I can't cash them in...

Also, does mining level determime which ores I can/can't mine? Like, could an ore that receives 0 damage whilst I'm a level 3 miner suddenly be perfectly manageable at level 4? Or is it more gradual than that?

The only thing that is a disadvantage I found is that when you get bounties from specific gathering point, fish/trees/enemies if you don't hand in the, for example fish, with the life class, this case angler, you will not get the challenge done as you need to be in that life to complete the bounty challenges.

And for your second question I believe for mining your strength determines if you can damage an ore, improving your mining level just let you mine with less SP.
Finally changed out of the Shell armour after over 30 hours!

zlCfzSi3yBIdjhAPvD_zps80220012.jpeg

Still taking this slow, just finished gathering the third treasure from Al Maajik as far as the story goes, but other than that I've been exploring the Ancient Ruins and dipped into the Deep Elderwood.

There was nothing in the Elderwood, just an small loop with an empty grotto and a sealed down to the east that I can't open. Am I going here too early?
Haha same place as you and I'm level 35 XD

Linius

Not only strenght, but equipment is also very important. Usually when you return with a better axe you'll see you're able to break it all of a sudden.

Yes, it opens up in the story quest after
Al Maajik.

Ahh I see, thanks!

There's one more area in the deep elderwood that will open up by then. But the deep elderwood it self still isn't very interesting imo.

Yeah I've been looking forward to going there since near the start of the game, total letdown so far...

Haha same place as you and I'm level 35 XD

Ha I don't know what's taking me so long, I'm just enjoying the journey.
Finally have my own horse now though so I should be quicker now... well maybe a little.

Linius

You should really buy the holiday homes if you wanna travel quick. Especially when you start working on ranking up your lives you don't want to be travelling everywhere by horse anymore, it will become a drag :p

Grizzo

Mining is so much fun. I don't know why, it just feels better than cutting woods.

There's something I really dislike about the game though, it's that the PE bar (the blue one) fills up too slowly, and every action just requires too much PEs.

I'm always running out of them. I keep using potions but it's just not convenient, especially when I have to stop fishing or mining to use one.

Any way to retch those?
There was nothing in the Elderwood, just an small loop with an empty grotto and a sealed down to the east that I can't open.

Oh man this Swype keyboard is really not working out for me haha.
I missed these last replies:

are we talking a Xenoblade Chronicles level of sidequests here?

I'm one of the terrible people who never bought it so I'm not sure (will definitely get for N3DS though!) but I've done over 60 and still have a lot to do!

Just talk to one of the NPC at the bar in Castel.

Amazing!
Shame you can't watch them in your room through the Theatre but it's definitely better than nothing, the songs are hilarious.

Mining is so much fun. I don't know why, it just feels better than cutting woods.

There's something I really dislike about the game though, it's that the PE bar (the blue one) fills up too slowly, and every action just requires too much PEs.

I'm always running out of them. I keep using potions but it's just not convenient, especially when I have to stop fishing or mining to use one.
There are items through the DLC that improves this.

Top Bottom