• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

quabba

Great news! Thanks for the heads-up Hours/Gunloc! :)

I still haven't bought the DLC, now I know what to do!

Keep in mind those items are post game (well post story) content. You will have to complete all the flutter quests before getting them but they can still be used for the life challenges (which is the meat of the game IMO.)

Will have reached legendary miner as soon as I mine and 70 or so ores... I had no problems getting the gems especially after respec to 30 luck plus the +10 Luck charm

Linius

I only need two last pieces of Black Onyx so I'll wont be resetting my stats at this point. I'll probably just need to mind that thing that gives you the evil shard twice more to get them.

Took down the Wraith's in the Desert and Elderwood (this battle took 30+ mins!) and also the big birds in the Western Plains and Desert.

It's cool tackling these monsters when you're blatantly not strong enough, makes the game feel like Monster Hunter :)

Grizzo

Keep in mind those items are post game (well post story) content. You will have to complete all the flutter quests before getting them but they can still be used for the life challenges (which is the meat of the game IMO.)

Will have reached legendary miner as soon as I mine and 70 or so ores... I had no problems getting the gems especially after respec to 30 luck plus the +10 Luck charm

Oh... Alright then I'm gonna have to force myself to finish the main quest, which is such a drag in my opinion. Too much dialog, nothing happening, you just need to go from point A to point B and read tons and tons of text.

Oh well, at least it's gonna be easy I guessZ

Chopper

Took down the Wraith's in the Desert and Elderwood (this battle took 30+ mins!) and also the big birds in the Western Plains and Desert.

It's cool tackling these monsters when you're blatantly not strong enough, makes the game feel like Monster Hunter :)
I was gonna say, this game is like Dark Souls for kids!

But I feel bad going at those stronger momsters with a team in tow, and they die repeatedly. Especially my pet dog. :(

Grizzo

Yeah it feels good doesn't it?

I just wish the monsters would chase us for way long than a few steps. You know they just can't get out of the perimeter they're in so you just have to get to that crucial point and hit them from a distance.

Chaos17

Oh... Alright then I'm gonna have to force myself to finish the main quest, which is such a drag in my opinion. Too much dialog, nothing happening, you just need to go from point A to point B and read tons and tons of text.

Ehhh I'm finding the crafting jobs a bit boring now... just me?

The key of these kind of games, mmorpg like, is not to do the same thing for hours. I advise you to switch regularly between story, crafts and hunting monsters. It will make your experience more tasty.

UuJX6ce.jpg

I'm working on Fishing atm, does anyone know where in the Drysand Desert I can find fishing spots? All I've found so far is the whirlpool with the Bass of Darkness in it but I can't find any regular fishing spots.

Mekere

They are in the subterranean caves at the south of the desert. That and the whirlpool are the only fishing spots in the desert, the rest is in town (different fish though).

I'm working on Fishing atm, does anyone know where in the Drysand Desert I can find fishing spots? All I've found so far is the whirlpool with the Bass of Darkness in it but I can't find any regular fishing spots.

I got stuck here, but go north a tiny bit from the bridge to the quicksand area. If you look towards the right, there's a fish swimming around.

Lol, I wonder what StreetPass folks will think when they see me gifting a divine quality Crescent Blade : P

I got stuck here, but go north a tiny bit from the bridge to the quicksand area. If you look towards the right, there's a fish swimming around.

Lol, I wonder what StreetPass folks will think when they see me gifting a divine quality Crescent Blade : P

Thanks, I found it. Now I can finally continue.

quabba

Yeah but at least it unlocks the map. I discovered last night that some of the holy armour gives your SP recovery a boost so that might help you.

daydream

Banned
Seems like there's a Fantasy Life puzzle for Streetpass being distributed. Haven't gotten it, yet, but I also feel like I'm way out of the loop on Streetpass puzzles, haha.

Linius

I have about 300 something pieces from the more than 600 I can possibly have with the puzzles I've opened. It's hopeless :p

Seems like there's a Fantasy Life puzzle for Streetpass being distributed. Haven't gotten it, yet, but I also feel like I'm way out of the loop on Streetpass puzzles, haha.
Still haven't gotten it yet hope it's a good animated one and not a depressingly bad one like the football club one XD
I have about 300 something pieces from the more than 600 I can possibly have with the puzzles I've opened. It's hopeless :p
When it became 1000+ pieces overall for streetpass puzzle pieces I'm sure loads of people gave up lol XD

Cool, another third-party StreetPass panel?

I've actually been keeping up with the panels and it helps that I've gone to a lot of StreetPass/gaming events.

Anyway, just got two more challenges before I reach Legend Carpenter and 12 more deposits to reach Legend Miner.

But first... real work!

Finally got the streetpass puzzle, I will never receive a pink piece to start off a puzzle ;__;
Seems to be based on the master's of each life and the King.

quabba

By Celestia, is there no end to those sub quests ?
I already 160 quests o_o

Edit : Fantasy Life american site is UP! And you can even pre-order on it.
http://fantasylife.nintendo.com/#/

Edit 2 : I think, there are good tips for beginners and may be helpfull to be put in the OP
http://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyLife...ential_spoilers_helpful_tips_for_players_new/

Really Good tips in that last link I never even tried taking the king or queen with me, but I will now. Just be sure to read the full thread as some of the info gets corrected or elaborated on (like master songs are re watchable and the rewards for god ranks).

I hit god-in-training rank for the miner last night and finally unlocked lunares coins so I did a couple of Pam's requests that weren't too hard. Not sure what to do with my coins now. I think maybe get item to make the miner skills go up quicker...

Oh yeah I got the dragon costume using a silver coin and, it's really cute (much cuter than the baby dragon designs I never warmed to them).

I think I'm 88 hours in and still not bored as I'm always seeing new monsters or areas or items

Not sure what to do with my coins now. I think maybe get item to make the miner skills go up quicker...

Double exp. shoes are pretty cool : )

I noticed there aren't many English Fantasy Life videos. Does anyone have any requests? Maybe somebody wants to be in a multiplayer video?

Was just told that I will be getting this for my Birthday. Comes out in NA the day before it so this will be awesome! Just a little more than a week now :)

So much hype, hope it grabs me like Animal Crossing did.

Was just told that I will be getting this for my Birthday. Comes out in NA the day before it so this will be awesome! Just a little more than a week now :)

So much hype, hope it grabs me like Animal Crossing did.

Happy birthday when it comes, should be a good bday present =D, and I'm sure the game will grab you as it's a charming game lol, you'll love the dialogues XD

pariah164

Any news on pre-order bonuses for the NA release? I'm getting it irregardless, but I'm just curious. I'm kinda backing away/blacking myself out for stuff so I'm not spoiled.

Linius

Yup!

I forgot to mention I bought the DLC, so you'll need that too to join me. Maybe we could all go exploring on Origin Island or something? : P

On a related note, if anyone's interested, I add some DLC-related videos: Ancient Tower gameplay | Ancient Tower boss

I rather enjoyed that boss fight! Poor
Erik and Ophelia
dying all the time though...

Yeah I have the DLC, no problem. Would love to try it out some time. Still have to make my way around most of the boss creatures for example. Only defeated the bird in the desert. Haven't played the game for a couple of days too now because I'm way too busy with school stuff and work in between.

I'm enjoying Fantasy Life a lot, but I think I've hit a roadblock with the Lifes. I've Heroe'd Paladin, Hunter and Miner, Mastered Lumberjack and Mercenary and Adepte'd Blacksmith and Carpenter. I would like to keep going with the Crafting Lifes, but mats are scarce and in some cases (I'm looking at you Fish Scales) the farm time is not worth it. I've heard that all mats in the game are sold by vendors at some point (bliss bonus?). Is there a guide for that?

I'm enjoying Fantasy Life a lot, but I think I've hit a roadblock with the Lifes. I've Heroe'd Paladin, Hunter and Miner, Mastered Lumberjack and Mercenary and Adepte'd Blacksmith and Carpenter. I would like to keep going with the Crafting Lifes, but mats are scarce and in some cases (I'm looking at you Fish Scales) the farm time is not worth it. I've heard that all mats in the game are sold by vendors at some point (bliss bonus?). Is there a guide for that?
I don't know the exact details, but one of the Bliss bonus categories in the game is the ability to upgrade the shops in each of the main towns. But you can only do them one at a time, in specific order. (Castele > Port Puerto > Al Maajik > Traveling Vendors) Have you unlocked any of these yet?

There's also one more special shop you can unlock by getting both the hairstyle and item dyeing Bliss bonuses, (you'll have to unlock it with Bliss points too) but that is more for a specific items related to dyeing I believe.

Edit: Someone just posted a great Shop FAQ on GameFAQs.

Intel_89

Well, apparently I'm coming down with some sort of flu and by my personal experience this means i'll most likely spend the next 2-3 days in bed, should I pick this up to keep me alive?

I know very little about the game so I'd like to ask if there's like some sort of main plot to the game and if it's more meaningful than doing a bunch of sidequests with the different classes.

Well, apparently I'm coming down with some sort of flu and by my personal experience this means i'll most likely spend the next 2-3 days in bed, should I pick this up to keep me alive?

I know very little about the game so I'd like to ask if there's like some sort of main plot to the game and if it's more meaningful than doing a bunch of sidequests with the different classes.
The story is a very lighthearted basic "save the world" type deal, and the real meat of the game is doing all the various job related tasks and just exploring the world, fighting, crafting, living, etc.

It's basically a very cute MMORPG without the MMO part. (You can play online with friends if you want, but not in the main story.)

I don't know the exact details, but one of the Bliss bonus categories in the game is the ability to upgrade the shops in each of the main towns. But you can only do them one at a time, in specific order. (Castele > Port Puerto > Al Maajik > Traveling Vendors) Have you unlocked any of these yet?

There's also one more special shop you can unlock by getting both the hairstyle and item dyeing Bliss bonuses, (you'll have to unlock it with Bliss points too) but that is more for a specific items related to dyeing I believe.

I have all the Bliss shopping bonuses but I never thought of checking Port Puerto's FURNITURE vendor to buy Fish Scales (I talked to the fishmonger, the general goods vendor and the weapon/armor vendor). Figures :p Thanks for the FAQ, will be invaluable for me from now on!

Chaos17

It's a cute Skyrim/Monster hunter/Dragon quest 9/offline mmorpg like.

The game has 3 different type of quests :
- classes challenges
- story quests
- villagers quests

The story is merely an introduction of the world and after it you're totally free to do what you want. The goal of this game is to level up your jobs to last rank and beat the crap of bosses. If you pik up that game, I advice to switch regulary between story, hunting monsters and craft so you won't feel easely bored to do the same thing. I found this game very addictive because nothing nerf you and the gameplay is well done for a little game like that. You don't fight with the UI, you don't fight with the control, etc...

Is this game easy ? The truth is the difficulty is average and really depend how you play the game.
Either you will be at the same level of the areas or you will outlevel them because you farmd too much your jobs.

TheMoon

I've played ~6 hours so far. Is it even possible to switch to switch around different lives yet?

At six hours? Of course! The moment you completed the basic fledgling tutorial quest for your first life you could've just switched to another one.

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
I've played ~6 hours so far. Is it even possible to switch to switch around different lives yet?

You can basically switch any time you're not on a specific quest (that is, anything you get a title card for, mainly the Lunares story quests and the guild-specific training quests). I'm about 10 hours in and have switched to several different roles.

Grizzo

The game is great, farming is always a pleasing experience and there is tons of things to do.

Plus the main quest will help you fall asleep so overall, it's all good.

Woah Hours I must say you know more about this game than me and you don't even own it yet haha! That's what I call dedication :D

Oxx

Ah. I hadn't really looked into the specifics of it, and the one time I did try it said: 'You can't switch lives while doing the Lunares story' (or similar), so I thought I might have had to reach a specific story point to open up the systems.

Top Bottom