• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Linius

04TIt6R.jpg

Here's some official art on password reveals. Think we should add these to the OP when they come.

Rootbeer

Banned
So you should NOT buy the expansion pack until you complete the main quest?

The Op says you can't even activate it until you finish the game. Does that mean you can't get any benefit at all from owning it until you finish the game?

If that is so then it seems like a really bad idea to buy it on day 1... because not only would you not benefit from it in any way but it prevents you from streetpassing with people who don't own it.

Am I right on all this?

(American here... getting the game on Friday :D)

Also... are more expansions supposed to be coming? I am really impressed that a handheld game like this would release what is essentially a fully fledged expansion... just sucks about the downsides in buying it.

Robin64

There are still benefits to getting the DLC early, such as more options at character creation and access to new pets.

Linius

The Op says you can't even activate it until you finish the game. Does that mean you can't get any benefit at all from owning it until you finish the game?

If that is so then it seems like a really bad idea to buy it on day 1... because not only would you not benefit from it in any way but it prevents you from streetpassing with people who don't own it.

Am I right on all this?

Also... are more expansions supposed to be coming? I am really impressed that a handheld game like this would release what is essentially a fully fledged expansion... just sucks about the downsides in buying it.

You should buy it day one if you're going to buy it anyways. You'll directly have access to more customisation options when making your character. You also have access to the bird and dragon pets right away. And you can build up a friendship level with NPC's thanks to the DLC. So yeah, there are multiple benefits you can get right away. It's just the Origin Island part that only unlocks after completing the story and reaching Lv. 50.

Hedge

Am I right on all this?

Aside from the streetpassing and multiplayer problems, you do get a bit from getting the DLC early instead of waiting till post-game.
There's been incorporated a friendship system into the game, where the longer you spend time with an NPC ally, the higher friendship you get. I think it's supposed to net them higher stats, but so far I haven't noticed a difference.
New character creation options are also available at the start of the game.
They have also introduced new houses to buy, which you can also purchase along the main story and not just after completing the game.
The last thing that I can recall, would be additional pets to aquire: birds and dragons. These are also obtainable before completing the game.

I noticed that if you're wearing +Battle exp gear and your companions kills the mobs, the lower exp value appears instead. Is this a bug, or do you actually not gain the additional exp if you don't deal the killing blow?

Linius

I noticed that if you're wearing +Battle exp gear and your companions kills the mobs, the lower exp value appears instead. Is this a bug, or do you actually not gain the additional exp if you don't deal the killing blow?

If you kill a mob on your own you'll get all the XP points. If your allies help you (don't think it matters how many damage they deal) you'll get less XP from the same mob.

If you kill a mob on your own you'll get all the XP points. If your allies help you (don't think it matters how many damage they deal) you'll get less XP from the same mob.

I'm wearing Elise's Talisman which gives you 50% extra battle exp, if I deal the killing blow I get 450 exp from a Trial of Time Leafysaurus but I only get 270 exp when one of my companions deals the killing blow. If it's intended then it's a bit annoying that the bonus doesn't apply to party kills.

TheMoon

Aside from the streetpassing and multiplayer problems, you do get a bit from getting the DLC early instead of waiting till post-game.
There's been incorporated a friendship system into the game, where the longer you spend time with an NPC ally, the higher friendship you get. I think it's supposed to net them higher stats, but so far I haven't noticed a difference.
New character creation options are also available at the start of the game.
They have also introduced new houses to buy, which you can also purchase along the main story and not just after completing the game.
The last thing that I can recall, would be additional pets to aquire: birds and dragons. These are also obtainable before completing the game./SPOILER]
I really think the spoiler tags are counter productive for this information lol

Chopper

So some passwords that work for German players...

Engelschor
Kürbislaterne
Abrakadabra

Wonder if we can figure out their English equivalents.

Edit: Heehee.

zlCfzSj583wEjIiKQi
This has been bothering me. Are we spoiler tagging this? I will, just in case:

I got Abracadabra

But otherwise, I have tried Jack O'Lantern, Jack O'lantern, Jack o'lantern, Jack Olantern, Jack olantern etc. i'm running out of ideas.

Also, Choir of angels, Choir of Angels, Angelic Choir etc. no luck

So yeah, bothering me.

Robin64

Right, but they are releasing some officially, and these haven't yet been. So I dunno. I'm not bothered either way.

Anyway.

zlCfzSj9GGckZ8MLxx

"Trick or treat?"

Chaos17

So how far after doing the Flutter desert quests and then finding the
Goddess' ship
do you get to Levitania?
Also is that the final area?
Not sure whether to go now (as I can't do any more life quests until I get there) or just start a new life.
Still have 6 I haven't started yet :)

Getting into the shadow realm thing in Cacto Cove would be good right now too but I'm guessing that's post-game...?

The goddess ship is for going to Lunares.
Levitania is just before you get the ship.
You've like 3 areas left to discover

Yeah, I think the cacto cave is for post game and it's has also a level check.

hitgirl

So what's the verdict on this game? I played Animal Crossing everyday for a full year, but not playing it anymore. Maybe this will sorta be like it?

Robin64

So what's the verdict on this game? I played Animal Crossing everyday for a full year, but not playing it anymore. Maybe this will sorta be like it?

It's really not like Animal Crossing other than in terms of charm and aesthetics, really. Players interested in AC may well be interested in this (as seems to be the case with this thread, for sure) but they are quite different.

Rootbeer

Banned
Thank you for the DLC answers!

Okay, I will buy the DLC day one for sure. And I'll be convicing another person I know to do the same now that I know more about how it works!

Kater

Banned
B0UP5DqCQAEhAEx.jpg:large

B0ULChyCQAAQe94.jpg:large

Mastered the Tailor's Life. I wonder how long it will take me to reach the God rank. And it seems like I need to take up some other life's as well (or trade with someone with that life) since I can't get minerals and other things that I would need for some of the Tailoring recipes. 😌

L~A

Got a lil' question: does the Lordfish of each area appear in the same set place?

Currently trying to look for the Forest Lordfish, but no luck so far. The worst thing is, I remember seeing it once, but hadn't learned fishing just yet :(

Delstius

Got a lil' question: does the Lordfish of each area appear in the same set place?

Currently trying to look for the Forest Lordfish, but no luck so far. The worst thing is, I remember seeing it once, but hadn't learned fishing just yet :(

Yep, it's always the same spot. If he's not here, go sleep and try again.

daydream

Banned
Is the online multiplayer fun? I don't see you guys playing together very often.

Check posts #2245+6, Grizzo and I played yesterday. Had a blast.

I think multiplayer is perfect for going after bosses but since the bigger bosses only start turning up during the middle-game, there's no real point in multiplayer in the beginning unless you just wanna hang out and do whatever, of course. So yeah, I think the deeper we get into the game the more often we'll do coop as more and more powerful enemies emerge.

We want to play again next weekend, for sure.

L~A

Yep, it's always the same spot. If he's not here, go sleep and try again.

Ah thanks, found it on my first try after reading this, but it'll help for future Lordfish.

By the way, what's the class and rank you need to get your own horse? Thought it'd be nice to have a fast way to travel without paying 50 dosh ;)

I think multiplayer is perfect for going after bosses but since the bigger bosses only start turning up during the middle-game, there's no real point in multiplayer in the beginning unless you just wanna hang out and do whatever, of course. So yeah, I think the deeper we get into the game the more often we'll do coop as more and more powerful enemies emerge.

Well, now that I think about it, the original game didn't have multiplayer. You are right, I guess Origin Island is the best place to play with other people.

Grizzo

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more.

Well, now that I think about it, the original game didn't have multiplayer. You are right, I guess Origin Island is the best place to play with other people.

We didn't even get to Origin Island, we just explored Reveria and killed every wraiths, big birds or other huge creatures that were crossing our path

Chaos17

Ah thanks, found it on my first try after reading this, but it'll help for future Lordfish.

By the way, what's the class and rank you need to get your own horse? Thought it'd be nice to have a fast way to travel without paying 50 dosh ;)

It's a bliss feature.
You need to buy all the mount bliss to unlock it.

Grizzo

Boy, I came here because a friend mentioned the game in person last night and I had yet to give it any thought. Pictures look great but they sure seem to be doing DLC in all the wrong ways. Day 1 additional paid content that slices the community in half in every way? Shit.

Someone tell me it's not as bad as it sounds.

The thing is, it is an addictive game and there's a great chance you'll fall in love with it, so if you like it, you'll want to get the DLC no matter what. I was refraining on doing it because I was too lazy to download it (don't ask why) but I was planning on doing it somewhere down the line, maybe after finishing the main quest.

If you don't like the game, you'll just stop playing.

That's why I think they should have included the DLC in the game (since it's a 2012 game), release it as a Director's Cut version in the West or something.

But you're right that preventing people who have the DLC to play with people that don't have it is shady as hell.

Chopper

The thing is, it is an addicting game and there's a great chance you'll fall in love with it, so if you like it, you'll want to get the DLC no matter what. I was refraining on doing it because I was too lazy to download it (don't ask why) but I was planning on doing it somewhere down the line, maybe after finishing the main quest.
That's an understatement. 24 hours in, and that just-one-more-mission factor is as enticing as it has ever been.

Gaz_RB

This just popped up on my radar. Seems amazing. Can you buy a house or is there like an Inn you can stay in or something?

Added the password section to OP as well:
Officially released passwords for items and equipments
Note: Password is case sensitive
You'll receive:
1. Sailor Outfit: a Sailor's Hat, Sailor's Top, Sailor's Bottom and Starboard Shoes!
04TIt6R.jpg

English (EU)
1. Seasick sailors
English (US)
1. Sailor's delight
Spanish
1.Marinos mareados
French
1. Marins nauséeux
German
1. Ahoi Matrose!
Italian
1. Mal di mare
Found passwords for items and equipments
English (EU)
At your service - Butler Costume Set
Toil and trouble - Witch's Hat
Abracadabra - Mysterious Hat, Robe, Shoes
Trick or treat? - Halloween furniture set
Jack-o'-Lantern
Dragon tamer - Napdragon set
Angelic chorus - Angel Costume Set
English (US)
Seedy deeds
Spanish
Calabasusto
Domadragones
French
Citrouilles
Dompte le dragon
German
Kürbislaterne
Drachenzähmer
Italian
Coro angelico - Angel Costume Set
Zucca vuota
Doma il drago!
These are the passwords I found on GamesFAQs, found by others and one that has all the password but is slowly releasing them.

So NA people are getting differing passwords to UK peeps, guess that means their localisation will be different...hope that doesn't mean cross region online lock =O

Edit: Oh lol, wasted my time XD will just link the password to the document.

That would be the worst idea ever

I hope they don't do that

It will be the worst idea =/

Though Smash has different English localisation EU and NA copies work together but ACNL's UK English version was US English IIRC but in other languages it still worked i.e. French players and NA peeps... hope they aren't that stupid...

Top Bottom