• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Chaos17

silly question but how do I use auto mode when crafting?

You need to craft many items of the same crafting recipie. After a certain amount of items, the features will be unlocked : multiple > auto > auto+
Yes, t's the same process for each recipies, though some don't allow multiple crafting.

When you will be able to use auto mode, the game will tell you then you will need just to press Y during the crafting. I don't know how much items you need to craft to unlock these options, I never counted, lol.

Kater

Banned
Finally made it to the
God-in-Training
rank as a Mercenary. These last two challenges took me a half hour to complete since I am really bad at timing attacks apparently. Glad I got it over with.

Linius

I saved all the fish and stuff I caught. I think I have a ton of ingredients waiting to be cooked by now. Can't be arsed to do it though.

Chaos17

Cooking doesn't really appeal to me. Is it basically a money-maker?
It is an alternative to the profession of chemistry and goes with fishing.
The food give you buffs+regen HP or MP early in the game.

While in alchemy the potions with buffs aren't common (I think I unlocked them during mid or late game) but you've instead potions that cure statues early in game.

Imo, it's just matter of preferences which one you prefer to use in the end.
That's why on my futur reroll (hunter), I will probably try live only with food as regen item and see how it goes.

Velcro Fly

Is there any way to see what I can craft without having to go to a workbench? Like there is no crafting book where I can go in a menu and find out?

Linius

Is there any way to see what I can craft without having to go to a workbench? Like there is no crafting book where I can go in a menu and find out?

Go to licenses. Click on one of the crafting jobs and then press 'y'. It also says to press 'y' to see the recipe book at the bottom of the screen.

Oops, I reported to Fern and jumped from Expert to Hero (killed a few too many big birds out of order). For a second, I thought I would miss the special song for Master.

Just one more life I haven't tried or Mastered yet: Tailor.

I started Tailor because you need some tailor stuff to become a legendary blacksmith. Need that stardust linen.

I got that from somebody on Facebook XD

I was also asking for a Celestial Scale, but nobody had one at that point. Now I can buy them from the shop...

Reached level 20. I need to take a break this game is fucking addicting lol. Became a home owner in the second city, fucking 50K (compared to the 12K in the first city), as my guy would say "daylight robbery!" lol. Researched what the pets looked like. I know that late game the allies put pets to shame, but until then I'm getting my golden eagle from the desert area and called him " 'Murica". Alongside my black horse called " Neighmar" (because horse pun) I'm enjoying the animal friends. I always struggled in finding a second ally that was decent in the towns, with a pet by my side now it shouldn't be an issue.

Currently I'm only an expert in blacksmithing, adept in everything else but tailoring where I'm an apprentice. Whenever I launch the game again my next step is to head to the caves near the second city to mine materials and keep leveling up my lives as much as possible.

th4tguy

Just bought this. Waiting for the down load to finish but the hotel wifi is rubbish. Any tips on starting job/ class/ life ( whatever it's called)?

Can I complete one classes' quest while being another? For example, I'm wondering if I can complete the "Rocky Path" (mine 50 times) quest as a Paladin.

Chaos17

Can I complete one classes' quest while being another? For example, I'm wondering if I can complete the "Rocky Path" (mine 50 times) quest as a Paladin.
No, unless it's specificly written on the challenge.
So read them carefully.

Just bought this. Waiting for the down load to finish but the hotel wifi is rubbish. Any tips on starting job/ class/ life ( whatever it's called)?
Check the OP, please. The guy made a pretty good job to list almost all common questions about the game.

tumblr_ndyhoiiDfK1qzp9weo2_r1_500.gif

How do you all allocate your stats, generally? I'm gaining levels but I still don't know which classes I'll be focusing on (if I don't try to do everything).

How do you all allocate your stats, generally? I'm gaining levels but I still don't know which classes I'll be focusing on (if I don't try to do everything).

I think I'm going to go something like 30/30/20/20% for strength/vitality and focus/dext respectively, since those stats are the ones with the greatest impact on the gathering skills.

Velcro Fly

Time to do the cooking tutorial and then it's back to Paladin to start slaying things for quests. Maybe make a sword with blacksmithing first. About 6 hours in and still doing tutorials!

pariah164

I'm almost at Apprentice rank for every Life except Miner, due to the goddamn topaz (or lack thereof) in Haniwa cave. How often does it spawn? Really getting sick of going back and finding nothing.

BooJoh

That particular quest can be completed while on a different class. From what I can tell the only quests I haven't been able to complete on the "wrong" job are Merc quests which say "As a Mercenary, do X." Just remember you'll have to change jobs to the proper class to turn in your quests.

I'm almost at Apprentice rank for every Life except Miner, due to the goddamn topaz (or lack thereof) in Haniwa cave. How often does it spawn? Really getting sick of going back and finding nothing.

I got a topaz the first time into the cave... then again, I think I finished one of the quests that said "in Haniwa Cave" while out in the Eastern Grasslands near the raptors.

Which lives were cut again ? from the trailer I can see merchant, street performer, archeologist and farmer ?

Maybe they will make a sequel with more lives .

cackhyena

Addicted, making headway as a woodcutter. I have Strong Fang. Is that useless except for Dosh? All these things I keep collecting, wondering what is okay to sell.

Chaos17

Which lives were cut again ? from the trailer I can see merchant, street performer, archeologist and farmer ?

Maybe they will make a sequel with more lives .

From the power of deductions of fans, not officials statement though.
But some NPC do tell you some dialogs to get your attention about not being in the game.

Like this example :
zlCfzSlA0bcfiNMqjP

So fans looked around around the game and searched for those NPC.
I also met one who is supposed be a fished but when you press X, he had the merchant icon with the a merchant description (at Port puerto item shop).

Treasure Hunter
Merchant/Shop Keeper
Mail Man
Scholar
Fortune Teller
Street Entertainer
Pilot
Farmer

Source : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971712-fantasy-life/70191192

Also I read some testemonies that you can get a glimpse of these jobs in one of the Professor ayton mni games ?
Anyway, I will be happy if they release them one day in DLC.
I will buy it.

Addicted, making headway as a woodcutter. I have Strong Fang. Is that useless except for Dosh? All these things I keep collecting, wondering what is okay to sell.
I suggest you to not sell any materials or items beside equipements and foods (ok, some rare food are usefull but not most of them).
Everything has a goal in the game, either for jobs or for those nasty quests.

Is 3 the max amount of bounties you can tow at a time?

also, what are the storage options for the game? if I store stuff in my wardrobe can I get it out of storage in another town/house? Can I store an infinite amount of each item?

Chaos17

Is 3 the max amount of bounties you can tow at a time?

also, what are the storage options for the game? if I store stuff in my wardrobe can I get it out of storage in another town/house? Can I store an infinite amount of each item?

1. Yes.
2. You can unlock more space through the bliss feature.
3. Most of the items stack to 99 and some not like the equipements. It really depends of the item.

All these requests... I'm a little overwhelmed and not sure what to tackle first.

I think you're probably best off just keeping a mental list of things and doing them as you explore. Not very many seem to give a significant amount of reward to warrant deliberately completing them rather than just doing them when it's convenient.

Chaos17

All these requests... I'm a little overwhelmed and not sure what to tackle first.

Most of them have a domino effect.
Meaning that usually those quests complete each other by giving you one reward that you can give for another quest.

Just saying that in case you want to make your life easier.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So far I've been trying out all the Life classes and getting them to either apprentice or adept. I've got Paladin, Hunter, and Mercenary left, then I guess I'll continue the story (finished chapter 2, haven't started 3).

So far I've been trying out all the Life classes and getting them to either apprentice or adept. I've got Paladin, Hunter, and Mercenary left, then I guess I'll continue the story (finished chapter 2, haven't started 3).
This what I'm doing too. I'm gonna give all the Life Classes a spin before starting to seriously branch off into specific ones.

I am have stat point allocation anxiety though. XD

Velcro Fly

Did all gathering/crafting tutorials. Paladin is what I'm starting off as for combat. Did a little fighting in the East Grassy Plains. Hit level 10 and turned in some bounties and made some Dosh. I stayed out all night fighting and gathering and fishing. Game is seriously fun and addictive. I even took a little break to play some Smash Bros and still wanted to come back to this. 10 hours in and I've barely scratched the surface.

I'm also pleasantly surprised that all lives I've tried seem like they will be fun to play. I thought some would be a let down but I'm enjoying them all so far.

I'm at level 27 now. Said I needed a break but like crack I returned to it.

Done with the story mission in the
desert
area and own my house there now. I feel like even with my amount of exploring and doing a bunch of different lives, that I still am somewhat underleveled. I say this because the enemies in the area, even the ones probably shouldn't be giving me that much trouble, are doing a decent amount of damage when I fight them. I don't even want to consider the bounty enemies. Are the allies you make in the cities supposed to be a couple of levels above you? Because in the previous city they were like 3-4 levels above me when I made them join my party. If it's recommended to be at a certain level before leaving one are and going to the other it's hard to tell, because my skills and life level are all basically at expert outside of two of my lives. And the mining/trees around the area aren't difficult to cut down. So it seems like maybe I need better equipment, but I can't exactly get
platinum ore
without first taking my gold set for a spin.

Wow, they really jazzed up the script for the US version. The English script is soooooooooooo different from the PAL version, very Treehouse-esque.

I wonder of some of the PAL reviews that complained about a dry story would of said the same with the US script, because it's very endearing.

CrovaxPSO

Got a question about equipment for the crafting lives. I have tailor at Adept rank and none of the clothes I can make have any stats on them except some of the sets seem to give resistances to various elements. On the other hand, I got some shoes from a password that have +4 dexterity. Will I eventually be able to make clothing for myself with stats like that? The stat junkie in me wants to use the random stuff with stats on it over things I've made for myself even if it looks goofy.

Got a question about equipment for the crafting lives. I have tailor at Adept rank and none of the clothes I can make have any stats on them except some of the sets seem to give resistances to various elements. On the other hand, I got some shoes from a password that have +4 dexterity. Will I eventually be able to make clothing for myself with stats like that? The stat junkie in me wants to use the random stuff with stats on it over things I've made for myself even if it looks goofy.

Don't know about tailoring, but for blacksmithing you can eventually add properties to the armor and weapons you make. Unfortunately I have so little of those stones/items that I'm basically saving most for end-game gear lol. Somebody will have to confirm for me if I can even use these stones for the end-game master/legendary gear I can craft.

My issue with the game, outside of the somewhat boring story and long dialogue I basically fast-forward because I care little about it, is that none of the armor looks sweet so far. The helmets so far have looked like crap, so I'm still wearing the prince crown and cape from the DLC for the independent EXP boosts.

Rootbeer

Banned
Wow, they really jazzed up the script for the US version. The English script is soooooooooooo different from the PAL version, very Treehouse-esque.

I wonder of some of the PAL reviews that complained about a dry story would of said the same with the US script, because it's very endearing.

? Wow really... The Europe and US versions were not released that far apart... they actually had time to do two different conversions, both in English? Why would they do this... seems like a waste of resources.

? Wow really... The Europe and US versions were not released that far apart... they actually had time to do two different conversions, both in English? Why would they do this... seems like a waste of resources.
I wonder if that's why the NA version was delayed. Obviously it didn't happen overnight, but maybe they decided early on to spruce up the NA script.

It's pure Treehouse goodness.

KiTA

I'm pretty blind about this -- media blackout and all that. I noticed there's day one DLC -- is it worth getting? I heard that it makes it so you can only multi with other people who go the DLC... is everyone getting it or holding off?

I'm pretty blind about this -- media blackout and all that. I noticed there's day one DLC -- is it worth getting? I heard that it makes it so you can only multi with other people who go the DLC... is everyone getting it or holding off?
From the OT...

When you download the DLC
Things you get at the start:
-Extra character customization
-Friendship system (allows NPCs to become friends with you and fighting better)
-Pet Birds and Dragons
-2 new houses

Things unlocked after the main story:
-A new area Origin Island with it's own story
-New materials, equipment and recipes
-God rank
-New home and furniture
-Lunares coins and the items you get from them
-Level cap increased from 99 to 200
-Level cap for the skills increased from 15 to 20
-Stats cap increased from 50 to 100

The DLC is very substantial. Personally I think it's worth it, and that if you're gonna get it, might as well get it right at the start so you can utilize the readily available stuff as soon as possible.

I think most Gaffer have gotten the DLC or are planning to get it. That's just an assumption from chatter here though, there's no tally or anything.

KiTA

The DLC is very substantial. Personally I think it's worth it, and that if you're gonna get it, might as well get it right at the start so you can utilize the readily available stuff as soon as possible.

I think most Gaffer have gotten the DLC or are planning to get it. That's just an assumption from chatter here though, there's no tally or anything.

I thought you had to enable it? Can the barber in game allow you to access all the customization options, or would I have to reroll to have access to them?

Top Bottom