• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Nice! Does my woodcutting still level up when chopping trees as a miner?

Yep; you're using your skill after all.

Mmm, I bought the badge that increases Tailor skill growth and I'm totally rocking as a Tailor. I may actually reach Sewing Level 15 before I complete all the challenges too!

(Meanwhile I'm a Hero Alchemist and Cook, but still got to increase my skills from Level 10 to 15... Ouch.)

EDIT

How often do bosses respawn? Every 3 days or every day?

For big bosses, every day I believe. I know sleeping in the inn/your house until daytime works.

Is the cook a useful life? It seems like the cook life doesn't lead to any permanent items.
I was using it as an early step towards making some Dosh. If you can get to auto plus making superior apple juice, you can make 30 Dosh back on each one. Buying two apples = 40 Dosh; SAJ sells for 70 each. Doesn't sound like much until you're buying in bulk and selling.

I'm sure there are bigger profit margins out there but if you're just starting out and don't have a ton to invest right away, it's a good start.

Linius

Think I'm gonna be doing some tailor stuff tonight. Want to be able to make more stuff. Probably need to master/hero it to make the stuff I want. Already expert luckily.

Velcro Fly

Went up to Mt. Snowpeak and it turns out I actually belong there. I thought it would be a much later place but it has the iron that I need and I can kill stuff. Need to farm some more for armor and tools.

Ran into a nasty golem at the end and had to use an HP potion to survive. My lovable pet bird Squawks was killed but I revived him! I think I'm about level 17 or so right now. Just trying to knock out quests and farm materials.

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I'm gonna go and start every Life so I can do most things.

Edit: Oops, looks like I can't change my Life yet. I guess I'll have to finish Chapter 1?

You can't change life if you're in the middle of a story quest or an introductory quest.

If you're unsure and you have allies, try recruiting them into your party. If there's no option, it means you can't change life.

-NeoTB1-

I haven't been able to log many hours this weekend, but I'm really enjoying the game. In fact, I have no significant complaints at this point in time. The combat seems pretty simplistic, but maybe that will change a bit once I learn new skills.

Also, THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO. This is not a complaint. I can easily see myself dropping over a hundred hours into this game if it manages to hold my attention. :D

I'm loving this game now that I understand a bit more about how the Life system works.

One thing I was wondering though, I tried to chop a tree down in the snowy mountains but it looks like I'm not able to. What does this depend on? I was thinking a new axe might do it but that didn't work, so I'm assuming I'll have to rank up higher?

Linius

Hero'd every of the seven lives I've played so far: Paladin, Miner, Woodcutter, Angler, Blacksmith, Carpenter and Tailor.

Currently at Level 57. And I'm close to 69 hours.

Chaos17

This game is so fun! Best purchase I've made on my 3DS in a while. I definitely prefer it to Smash 3DS, but I am prone to RPG style games.

Anyway please help... i'm still learning:

When a streetpass visitor in this game has an item how do I actually get the item? o_O
You've to raise your frienship with them by talking to them everytime you street pass them.
When you will reach 100, he/she will give you their gift.

Edit: Oops, looks like I can't change my Life yet. I guess I'll have to finish Chapter 1?

When is the soonest you can change your Life? I accidentally made myself a Paladin.
Keep an eye on your screen, you will see a message : you're free to explore Reveria.
When you see that message it means you're not in story mode.
So you can change jobs.

Anyone know where to get earth mana and wind mana?
Maybe this can help you : Monster list location
Or if you finished the story and can go to Lunares, there is a merchant who sells Mana.

I'm loving this game now that I understand a bit more about how the Life system works.

One thing I was wondering though, I tried to chop a tree down in the snowy mountains but it looks like I'm not able to. What does this depend on? I was thinking a new axe might do it but that didn't work, so I'm assuming I'll have to rank up higher?
When you can't collect something, it can depend of :
- your tool
- you stats
- your skill level

JqeWcpp.jpg

Linius

Of course, completely forgot that merchant. Thanks Chaos :)

Having so much bad luck with farming the nap dragon, keeps giving me paladin swords the bastard.

Of course, completely forgot that merchant. Thanks Chaos :)

Having so much bad luck with farming the nap dragon, keeps giving me paladin swords the bastard.

Yeah, that was painful.

Not the actual fighting, but dragging the bounty back to the guide paladin, then back to the guild office.

Only to get another sword that I can forge myself and better D:

Velcro Fly

I go through two distinct phases.

Phase 1: I go out in the world, kill stuff and gather materials

Phase 2: I go back into town and turn in quests, craft for quests and upgrades, and sell off useless and outdated stuff.

I'm on Chapter 2 now but haven't really started it. Mostly just crafting armor and tools. I know my mining is going to be really high because I think I completed all available challenges again. Fishing and Woodcutting is going to be behind I think.

Think I'm going to see the damage numbers with a 2H sword versus a 1H sword and shield. Don't mind chugging HP potions if I need to if I can kill things faster.

At about 15 hours now and all but 2 of that has been yesterday and today. Level 19 or so.

Love the game so much I'd even consider compiling information to help others out.

Linius

Yeah, that was painful.

Not the actual fighting, but dragging the bounty back to the guide paladin, then back to the guild office.

Only to get another sword that I can forge myself and better D:

Have to confess I just started going to home and boot up the game again. Took me three times to get dragon scales. Need two more now to complete the dragon armour task.

I also finally got my giant fang to forge a demonic void :D

I didn't plan on buying this but it looks fun and I want to get in on that Best Buy GCU deal

If I buy this I'll get GCU for $30 and I already have a $35 gift card. And I plan on buying that Smash GC Bundle (normally $100 but with GCU it would be $80) seems worth it...

DO I BITE ON THIS AND GCU!?!

Have to confess I just started going to home and boot up the game again. Took me three times to get dragon scales. Need two more now to complete the dragon armour task.

I also finally got my giant fang to forge a demonic void :D

I did that for a bit, but kept getting the same items, so thought it was fixed. Figures it was my bad luck.

Wishing fountains are definitely rigged though... I reset multiple times, try on different days and I still get the same 7 items in a row.

Man, that really brings me back. I was so happy when I forged a Demonic Void...

Now I'm busting chops with a Sword of Heroes and I'm 120 levels higher XD

Linius

Stupid thing is, I'm not even a mercenary. I just needed to forge it for my blacksmith stuff :p

Also damn, my previous nap dragon kill took two resets. Now I'm on the fifth and still no scales :/

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Trying boosting your luck with items. Higher luck equals a better chance of rare spawns showing up.

Only thing I have is a +2 to luck charm, but I'll try that. It's not really a big deal, I'm just getting tired of fighting that lava golem each time :p

Linius

Haha, 1,5 star out of 5. Only shows how wrong people can be some times. His complaint about not being able to change jobs during a story chapter is hilarious. These chapters maybe take 30 to 45 minutes and there's absolutely no need to change jobs during a chapter. And what's even better, the game allows you to stall playing the story chapters as long as you want. So you can keep on going exploring the areas you have access to and decide to continue the story whenever you feel ready for it.

That's also how I played the game pretty much. Usually stayed very long in certain areas. Once I hit the point where I'd seen and done pretty much anything I moved on with the story and opened more of the world. It's all about pacing.

Meffer

This game is everything that I wanted it to be. I've been wanting to play this type of game for a long time and I'm glad I'm finally able to do so. Played online last night and hours flew by so fast for me and my friend. I think anybody who has a 3DS should try this game as it's got something for everyone and it's just so polished. It's my GOTY and one of my all time favorites.

nikos

I've been looking forward to this game for so long, but playing it leaves me frustrated and disappointed. There's supposedly so much to do in the game, yet I can't do anything except listen to this god damn butterfly babble non-stop.

I'm two hours into the game, when will I get some freedom? Also, from what I've played so far, Hunter combat is pretty bad. I'm definitely not starting over at this point. When is it a good time to change jobs?

Chaos17

Today, I'm cooking at Port Puerto.
zlCfzSlon4M5tACv3n

I've been looking forward to this game for so long, but playing it leaves me frustrated and disappointed. There's supposedly so much to do in the game, yet I can't do anything except listen to this god damn butterfly babble non-stop.

I'm two hours into the game, when will I get some freedom? Also, from what I've played so far, Hunter combat is pretty bad. I'm definitely not starting over at this point. When is it a good time to change jobs?

Keep an eye on your screen, you will see a message : you're free to explore Reveria.
So you can change jobs and do whatever you want.

(Bis)

nikos

So you can change jobs and do whatever you want.

(Bis)

Thanks. What about attribute points? Shouldn't I focus on one job and spec accordingly for the time being?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I'd say at least do the fishing, lumberjack, miner to get the ability to farm stuff out on the field so you're not backtracking quite so much. Once you get those abilities, go hunter to gain levels while killing stuff, mine, fish, and cut trees while exploring.

Not sure where to fit the rest of the jobs in at the moment...but I do wish I had gotten those jobs first at least (skip the tutorial in the beginning, you're just skipping fluff).

pariah164

I'm afraid to sell anything since I'm only at Apprentice on almost all classes.

As a result, most of my Bliss rewards have gone to bag upgrades.

Chaos17

Thanks. What about attribute points? Shouldn't I focus on one job and spec accordingly for the time being?

The magic of this game is to do what you wan without punishing or nerfing you.
You can do a rainbow build and be fine.
When time will come you know more what you want, then at the end the story and at some level you will be able to reset your stats.

So have not fear, endure the begining of the game and then have fun with it.

My advices are :
1. check the OP for usefull tips for beginner.
2. Advance story only when you can't do anymore job challenges in the area.
3. Do something else if one life is beginning to annoy you.
4. Take your time

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Sweet, finally got that tuna. Guess I will try for the Deep Sea Lordfish next. Or maybe just head to the desert for now.

nikos

I'd say at least do the fishing, lumberjack, miner to get the ability to farm stuff out on the field so you're not backtracking quite so much. Once you get those abilities, go hunter to gain levels while killing stuff, mine, fish, and cut trees while exploring.

Not sure where to fit the rest of the jobs in at the moment...but I do wish I had gotten those jobs first at least (skip the tutorial in the beginning, you're just skipping fluff).

The magic of this game is to do what you wan without punishing or nerfing you.
You can do a rainbow build and be fine.
When time will come you know more what you want, then at the end the story and at some level you will be able to reset your stats.

So have not fear, endure the begining of the game and then have fun with it.

My advices are :
1. check the OP for usefull tips for beginner.
2. Advance story only when you can't do anymore job challenges in the area.
3. Do something else if one life is beginning to annoy you.
4. Take your time

Thanks guys, much appreciated. The game is opening up a bit more now. :D

Top Bottom