• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Linius

No kidding.

What constitutes a town?
I just got to
Port Puerto
(sort of) and don't remember seeing anything I would consider a town or village. Should I have seen any?

Also, my main quest isn't far enough to send me to
Port Puerto
even though Life quests are all requiring it (at adept and expert for all). Is there an easy way to teleport to the town? I tried to buy a house, thinking I would be able to teleport there, but they won't let me.

Once you can buy the house you can teleport to the house directly.

And you'll only see the three city's at first: Castele, Porto Puerto and Al Maajik. The two towns in the main game come later on in the story. And apparently the last town is in the DLC. I've yet to see that myself.

Linius

Indeed. And also take note that if you see paladins on your way they can teleport you to places so you don't have to carry a bounty all the way to town for example. One of them is a paladin right when you enter the east grassy plains for example. They only do that when you're not in a story mission btw.

solidarity

Neo Member
Got the game on release and played it over the weekend and have been really enjoying it. I got a pet dog but I can't figure out how to get it to join my party. It's in my house and if I interact with it a heart appears but that's it. Anyone know how to get it to join me?

Ventara

I've been working on getting all Lifes to Apprentice, and man, do I love this game. It's truly amazing. The dialog is perfect, too. I don't get why people are complaining about it.

The only thing I can really complain about is the lack of a Farming Life. It's kind of an odd omission since you there are farms and you can harvest them. I guess the time it would take to grow the crops doesn't mesh with the rest of the game.

In any case, I hope they add it to a sequel, especially since we won't be getting any more Rune Factory games.

Got the game on release and played it over the weekend and have been really enjoying it. I got a pet dog but I can't figure out how to get it to join my party. It's in my house and if I interact with it a heart appears but that's it. Anyone know how to get it to join me?

It's the same way you get other people to join your party once they agree to. Walk up to them and press x, then y. I think there was a tutorial when you first got your pet.

The only thing I can really complain about is the lack of a Farming Life. It's kind of an odd omission since you there are farms and you can harvest them. I guess the time it would take to grow the crops doesn't mesh with the rest of the game.

I'd like that too. This game did so much right, but my ideal game would be a little bit closer to Minecraft. I like having actual artists design the world but I don't like how static it is. Having some lives where you actually have to change the land a little bit would make the world feel a lot more alive.

Owari

Would This game be worth buying on the New 3DS? The lack of region-free multiplayer has me convinced otherwise, even though the game looks great. I don't want to buy it on my old 3DS because I hate that thing now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The bounty clerks in the second town bug me and the ones in the wild there are out of the way. First area had its shit together comparatively.

Oxx

At least the main story stuff is really easy to just skim-read and button through.

Although rushing it does emphasise just how little combat (or any kind of interaction) there actually is in certain sequences.

Ventara

Would This game be worth buying on the New 3DS? The lack of region-free multiplayer has me convinced otherwise, even though the game looks great. I don't want to buy it on my old 3DS because I hate that thing now.

The game is definitely worth it. Not sure how playing it on the current or the New 3DS would change that. And NA and EU players can play together. Why do you hate your old 3DS?

Chaos17

The bounty clerks in the second town bug me and the ones in the wild there are out of the way. First area had its shit together comparatively.

There's a bounty clerk in the beach/dunjeon area of Port Puerto : north (east?)
So you don't have to go back all the way to town.

But yeah, I fallen hard for the first area too, hahah

Yup, this and the merchant lif would be awesome to have~
I really wish a sequel or DLC that bring back those cut off jobs.

209_s.jpg

I'd like to be able to scroll around a bit on the lower map screen when I need a bounty clerk or guard paladin. Or even to mark a map like Etrian Odyssey. My poor sense of direction needs some help :(

Also, please remove the gender restrictions in the sequels.

Owari

The game is definitely worth it. Not sure how playing it on the current or the New 3DS would change that. And NA and EU players can play together. Why do you hate your old 3DS?

Well I would be buying so I could play with my friends, who have US 3DS. I would buy it with my US XL, but the screen is scratched to shit and the 3D effect is just bad in comparison to the new 3DS. I suppose I could just play with the 3D off. Also, a friend killed my circle pad playing smash on that old 3DS. Ugh. I just wish JP and US could play together (like literally every other 3DS game.) I would buy the game so fast. :(

Kater

Banned
6tkK7pa.jpg

Finally became THE Legend Tailor! 😝

That tower, though.

Oooh, that tower.

Gato, Grizzo and I were cursing up a storm.
Haha, yeah. "vadoammt oida!", "Fu©k", "Regenbogen".

That was fun. ^^

Anyway, we need to return there soon. Got lots of stuff to collect there for my Tailor Recipes now.

Ventara

Well I would be buying so I could play with my friends, who have US 3DS. I would buy it with my US XL, but the screen is scratched to shit and the 3D effect is just bad in comparison to the new 3DS. I suppose I could just play with the 3D off. Also, a friend killed my circle pad playing smash on that old 3DS. Ugh. I just wish JP and US could play together (like literally every other 3DS game.) I would buy the game so fast. :(

Ah okay, I gotcha. That sucks, but if it's any consolation, 3D isn't a big deal. I play with it off all the time. And the rubber on my circle pad has come off, too, lol. Perhaps buy it now and then do a system transfer when the New 3DS releases in NA?

daydream

Banned
Oh yeah, after yesterday, I forgot to say that gestures are the best goddamn thing in the game.

Grizzo an Gato know which one I love the most. :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Alright this is bugging me. Why can't I craft Cashmere? I've been to every tailor person I can think of in the first two zones.

Zing

Banned
Not sure, I wanted to use two-handed weapons. My Paladin is pretty tanky. Taking roughly 0 damage from most enemies in the grassy plains. Only lvl 15 BTW.
"Only" level 15? That's like god mode there. I was level five and getting hit for zero from most things. I didn't take any damage until the bandit leaders.

Are quests missable?
You basically want to talk to everyone with a question mark above their head. Just keep chatting.

Any reason to choose between digital or physical? Currently wanting digital so I can play it whenever without looking for a cart.
I chose physical despite the convenience, just in case someone else might want to try the game. It has three save slots.

Linius

"Only" level 15? That's like god mode there. I was level five and getting hit for zero from most things. I didn't take any damage until the bandit leaders.

It's fun going back to places you kind of struggled with when you first went there. I one hit everything now in most regions of the base game :p

Just got my copy yesterday, starting right now.

I just wanted to know if I can make any physical changes to my avatar or if it's stuck for whatever I picked. I can't decided if I want to keep a mustache.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Mastered woodcutter just now. I think I'd need to get a better axe before I go for hero. Not sure what I'll work on next (maybe one of the attacking classes), but I think I'm going to see if I can catch this golden swordfish as an angler first.

I liked the angler song better than the woodcutter one :p

zigg

Yeah, so, everyone is way past me. I'm glad I didn't sink money on the DLC yet with the hopes I'd be able to play with local friends, I'd be super-boring to play with the rest of you 😄

Maybe I'll be getting this game tomorrow. Just maybe, I'm not sure yet, it will depend on the price.

Damn, I've been lurking this thread a lot.

What's a good level to hit the Earth and Flame Wraiths? They are adept level wizard quests but I can't scratch them with level 24, 20+ Int, and a Palm Wand. Getting really annoying actually because it seems my wizard progression is totally blocked by boss quests. I don't have a very good sense of pacing with some Lives, especially considering I have others on Expert already.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What's a good level to hit the Earth and Flame Wraiths? They are adept level wizard quests but I can't scratch them with level 24, 20+ Int, and a Palm Wand. Getting really annoying actually because it seems my wizard progression is totally blocked by boss quests. I don't have a very good sense of pacing with some Lives, especially considering I have others on Expert already.

cough, password magician's set, cough cough.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I might need to level up a bit to catch this golden swordfish. Or maybe craft a better rod (using a whirlpool rod I got from a bounty). Was having trouble keeping its HP down when my SP got low. Going to try it again after eating some focus increasing food, but no big deal if it doesn't work out.

Zing

Banned
Yeah, so, everyone is way past me. I'm glad I didn't sink money on the DLC yet with the hopes I'd be able to play with local friends, I'd be super-boring to play with the rest of you 😄
I don't have DLC and I'd play with you sometime. I've really only just begun, though.

If I max out my three character slots and want more, I'll grab the DLC then. I have no need for the extra perks such as respecializing or changing appearance.

Kater

Banned
0Xcis08.jpg

Gonna play a bit my moe character~

Yes but through DLC only.
Saw all of your other characters on Miiverse by the way. Cool stuff you are posting, lots of cute costumes. (You commented on one of my posts, that's how I discovered your account. =) )

VICI0US

just had my first multiplayer romp earlier with a friend from work.

was really fun. we cleared the grassy plains caves then made our way to snowpeak and cleared the cave back behind the waterfall.

then we ventured into the lava cave. killed the one boss there, got stomped down by another and decided to call it quits.

we each got several levels, tons of items/materials, and completed a bunch of bounties. I got a nice necklace from the mountain lion guy in snowpeak.

this game's a blast and really really charming.

tuffy

I've been using the hunter job for all my exploration and I love how the rapid-fire arrows rip into everything, machine-gun style. The random monsters I've been running into go down quite fast and I rarely get hit. I think I'm going to stick with that one for awhile and keep upgrading my bows.

cough, password magician's set, cough cough.

Just tried that on the Earth wraith. Besides feeling like cheating, it still took forever, about six potions, and a few healing breathers.

Basically, the adept wizard quests are total bullshit, I guess. It's possible that I missed a bunch of quests because I didn't realize I needed to talk to people with question marks, but it is extremely lame that I can't progress this life without a password armor. Tailoring is definitely nowhere near making armor that good.

Zing

Banned
Oh wow. This game saves all data to the SD card. This means that you can share your physical cart with anyone and they get all three save slots for themselves!

cackhyena

Indeed. And also take note that if you see paladins on your way they can teleport you to places so you don't have to carry a bounty all the way to town for example. One of them is a paladin right when you enter the east grassy plains for example. They only do that when you're not in a story mission btw.
Um, this is super helpful. Thank you.

BooJoh

Maybe a silly question... Paladins use longswords, Mercs use broadswords, Hunters use bows, and Wizards use wands... I know anyone can use daggers, but is it possible to get any extra moves/charge attacks/specials for daggers? Seems kind of a waste if not. I was randomly playing with a dagger since I outlevel the area I was questing in and it's super fast at attacking but lack of moves makes it repetitive.

Brakke

Banned
Picked this up today. I don't know anything about it! I saw Tiny Cartidge was going nuts about it and it looks so super charming. I'm having a rough run at work right now ahead of That Blackest Friday, so I figure my bus ride could use some whimsy.

Top Bottom