• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Kater

Banned
Is there a good way to get Shadow/Light Mana besides repeatedly beating
Calamitus/Lightning Wraith
and hoping to get them as a reward?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The Angler Hero set is... I don't know if it's stupid or awesome. I'm a bit miffed at the fact that it's only 4 pieces instead of 5. Can't the king afford some specially-made pants for his top fisherman?

lol, I hear you. I like the hat though.

Grizzo

The story arcs are about 1 hour long or less, if people don't spam the story they should be able to bear with it, imo. That's an rpg.

Edit :Mean no harm, just informing people that what they might dislike is not endless or take hours.
Just want to reassure them.

No worries! It's just that I got really frustrated to the point where every time I couldn't do anything more in the place I was in and knew I just had to make some progress in the main story to unlock other locations, it felt like a chore.

Too much endless talking not even remotely interesting and the constant hand-holding ("go there!" "talk to X!" "bring that to X!" "search the place!" "no no, search there!", "no, look exactly over there!" "there you go, now go talk to X again!") wore me down a bit.

But outside of that infamous main quest (imo) everything is all good!

Grizzo

I only need a few more stars to become a God Hunter, but I already did every challenges available and can't seem to find the one subquest that would give me the stars I need.

Guess I'll have to talk to absolutely everyone who has a balloon over their head!

I hadn't realized how much I had missed playing games with an Uematsu soundtrack. In the hands of anyone else this game would have utterly generic fantasy RPG music, but he has such a gift for melody it elevates the whole thing into something I'll happily listen to for hours and hours.

I will never get tired of the kazoo fanfare.

TheMoon

I hadn't realized how much I had missed playing games with an Uematsu soundtrack. In the hands of anyone else this game would have utterly generic fantasy RPG music, but he has such a gift for melody it elevates the whole thing into something I'll happily listen to for hours and hours.

Ironically, I really don't like any of the music except for the night time music. To me it does sound like generic all-ages RPG music.

I wish I could agree but the music is by FAR the worst part of this game. Its very.. generic I guess. like the poster above the nighttime music is the only thing that really sticks out.

that's just my opinion though.

Kater

Banned
Anyone know where I can buy evil carps? They are apparently VERY rare and I want to get to Legend Tailor soon. Annoying shy fishes they are and I haven't catched one after trying for half an hour in the
Al Maajik Outskirts
. :D

I only need a few more stars to become a God Hunter, but I already did every challenges available and can't seem to find the one subquest that would give me the stars I need.

Guess I'll have to talk to absolutely everyone who has a balloon over their head!
There is a Fantasy Life Guide somewhere on the internet and the wiki also lists every challenge for the various Lifes if you are stuck. Hope that helps! 😊

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
When you take a new life it asks if you want to do the tutorial quest. Just say "No" to skip the quest but still receive the bonuses. I think only the first one is required.

Ah, good to know. I haven't started a new Life yet, but after going through the tailor tutorial the first thing I thought is how much it would suck to have to go through that for ever profession.

Kater

Banned
Damn it :p

I must say I normally don't pay special attention to the soundtrack. But with this one I was actually glad someone uploaded it to Youtube :p
Have you heard the Bravely Default one before? Beats this one by a kilometer. (Though I like the boss fight music in FL though, fits really well)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Ah, good to know. I haven't started a new Life yet, but after going through the tailor tutorial the first thing I thought is how much it would suck to have to go through that for ever profession.

I've been going through all the Tutorial missions. Yeah it's slow, but I just do 1-2 a night. I think they're pretty charming and generally worth experience.

tuffy

I actually did go through them for every profession and it wasn't bad at all. There's a bit of character introduction, a bit of running around town to find people/things, then a bit of practice. I zipped through each of them in about 10 minutes or so. Getting up to apprentice level in each job took considerably longer.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I went in thinking I was going to skip all of the crafting/gathering tutorials but they were really well done so I'm glad I didn't.

So status report:

I'm like at level 13 or 14 right now and I'm still working my way through all the lives to reach them to apprentice level. I haven't even took Butterfly to all the places in town yet cause I rather do more lives quests.

I'm definitely having fun doing it though even if all the introductory quests have basically been the same thing as each other.

Chaos17

New piece of furniture that I can't craft. Thanks quest!
zlCfzSl0c00HbE7LiU

I love the musics too specialy the boss theme :)

Anyone know where I can buy evil carps? They are apparently VERY rare and I want to get to Legend Tailor soon. Annoying shy fishes they are and I haven't catched one after trying for half an hour in the
Al Maajik Outskirts
. :D

There is a Fantasy Life Guide somewhere on the internet and the wiki also lists every challenge for the various Lifes if you are stuck. Hope that helps! ��

I think you can only fish them, I don't remember seeing any merchant selling it o.o

Zing

Banned
So, where do I find Iron Ore to mine?
On the first town, go to the library. Ok the second floor are bookshelves with books that tell you exactly what enemies and collectables are in each area. It makes things easy without having to cheat using a FAQ.

Linius

It's kind of crazy that I'm a hero paladin but I've never done the "Going, Going, Golem" quest. That's one for apprentice paladins :p

Whoo, finally cut down 500 trees and now I'm a God Woodcutter. Only two more lives to reach God, but they're both stuck behind skill level requirements...

So I was feeling great with myself and went to cut down a Millenial Tree... Holy, that thing heals so far my axe can't even keep up. I spend 1 minute to knock down 10% of its HP, then stop for 2 seconds to rest and it's healed it all!

I don't remember having a problem with the Golem Stone for Miner (in fact it was super easy), but maybe my Miner stats and equipment were much better...

Kater

Banned
I think you can only fish them, I don't remember seeing any merchant selling it o.o
Shame. Thanks anyway.

Is there anyway I can increase my luck of finding one? Does increasing luck help? (I know that this is how it sometimes works in other RPGs)

Linius

Whoo, finally cut down 500 trees and now I'm a God Woodcutter. Only two more lives to reach God, but they're both stuck behind skill level requirements...

So I was feeling great with myself and went to cut down a Millenial Tree... Holy, that thing heals so far my axe can't even keep up. I spend 1 minute to knock down 10% of its HP, then stop for 2 seconds to rest and it's healed it all!

I don't remember having a problem with the Golem Stone for Miner (in fact it was super easy), but maybe my Miner stats and equipment were much better...

I just realised why I currently suck at fishing in the Levitania area. My focus is super low because I never cared about that. So yeah, stats can bite you in the ass once you rank up high. Gonna leave the fishing be till I got that mirror.

Linius

Are quests missable?

They kind of are. Every life got a set of NPC's attached to them and every time you rank up you need to talk to all of them because sometimes they will give you a quest. There's a thread on Gamefaqs with a list of each NPC for all the lives and their locations by the way. Also, don't forget that the masters are also part of the NPC group. I only found out later that you can chat with them for extra quests :p

welp. Ever since this was announced (JP version) i've wanted this game. Now it's out in EN and I'm too busy playing other things to play this. At home it's destiny. On the go it's love live. argh. I think I'll buy it now just to support it though.

Any reason to choose between digital or physical? Currently wanting digital so I can play it whenever without looking for a cart.

Linius

I noticed Mercenary's have access to much stronger weapons. But I haven't played that life at all so more than that I don't know.

I just became Legendary Paladin by the way. Think it's time now to open up Origin Island.

They're 6 with DLC included (only 1 town for DLC) :
3 cities (Castel included)
3 towns/villages.

No kidding.

What constitutes a town?
I just got to
Port Puerto
(sort of) and don't remember seeing anything I would consider a town or village. Should I have seen any?

Also, my main quest isn't far enough to send me to
Port Puerto
even though Life quests are all requiring it (at adept and expert for all). Is there an easy way to teleport to the town? I tried to buy a house, thinking I would be able to teleport there, but they won't let me.

Chaos17

No kidding.

What constitutes a town?
I just got to
Port Puerto
(sort of) and don't remember seeing anything I would consider a town or village. Should I have seen any?

Port Puerto
even though Life quests are all requiring it (at adept and expert for all). Is there an easy way to teleport to the town? I tried to buy a house, thinking I would be able to teleport there, but they won't let me.
The story will lead you there and I think you can only buy the house when you finished the story arc of the area. Not sure, though.

Kater

Banned
No kidding.

What constitutes a town?
I just got to
Port Puerto

Port Puerto
You will be offered a house after you finish the part of the story there.

Edit: Chaos beat me to it. :D

Top Bottom