• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

I kept upgrading my bag and then made the stunning discovery that you can craft from storage, so you don't have to carry around all those stacks of logs, ore, lumber, and bars. That freed up about half of my bag space.

Holy crap that is news to me! Going to clean out probably 2/3 of my bag space now.

Is there anything I should focus on getting with the Bliss Points?

I only been getting more bag space but I'm about to hit the max on that.

Zing

Banned
It doesn't matter. I've gotten so many just from playing. Pick whatever you want. This game is far more casual than you would think reading this thread with all the obsessive min/maxing players God-ranking every life.
That said, if you aren't playing every job, the shopping+ perk is useful since it allows stores to sell crafting materials you'd otherwise need to harvest yourself.

Is there anything I should focus on getting with the Bliss Points?

I only been getting more bag space but I'm about to hit the max on that.
Pets because they are cute, some storage space wouldn't hurt either.

Bliss rewards are not really useful (from what I have seen so far). Even pets, by this point, you probably already have tons of allies.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Zing is right. Shop upgrades are very useful.

Neonsands

Neo Member
zlCfzSmDCeoOpFkAPz

I'm still having nightmares about that fight. I guess I stumbled on it without proper equipment or even any partners along with me.

I had to shoot my bow a few times each time to avoid the attacks, and I did like 10-12 damage a hit. Literally took over 2 hours. Never want to think about that thing again.

stuminus3

I'm still bitter it didn't get its own Direct. I'm pretty sure Tomodachi Life wouldn't have sold that many copies without that infamous Direct.
Seriously. It was the Treehouse presentations back at E3 that sold me on it, I didn't even look at the reviews.

Is there an easy way to spot someone you've StreetPassed? They're just like "they are in your town". :/

Their marker on your map is blue, versus the usual golden dots for npc's. I'm pretty sure they're aways outside of buildings in castele proper, or rather, the 3 areas with vendors in them.

does anyone know what skill level you need to get an easier time doing master crafts? Like, with 50~ vit could i do the prongs portion of smithing with 2 hits?

Grizzo

Seems like Colin fell in love with me.

RMzx8Hn.jpg

:3

wait a second

is that a horse on your picture? or a camel?

how do you get to the Ancient Ruins with your horse? He just seems to hit an invisible wall sooner or later in my game. It usually happens when I try to get to another town.

Kater

Banned
wait a second

how do you get to the Ancient Ruins with your horse? He just seems to hit an invisible wall sooner or later in my game. It usually happens when I try to get to another town.
Nah, I can't go in with the horse*. Left Alfred outside with Colin while searching the place for some Onyx.

Apropos horses, I wish your buddy horse would fight enemies like the ones in Skyrim do. :D

Edit:

* Oh, I think you haven't unlocked the "Get your "own" horse" bonus yet. The ones that get rented are not able to go to certain places, no idea why. Buddy horses can be named and can go to more places.

Lexxism

Personally, I maxed out the bag first, since I have a hoarding problem. It's very easy to fill up fast if you're doing a lot of gathering and crafting.

My first three bonuses were the bigger bags. Running around the first few hours having to drop this or use that to hold the new thing got old. No more!

Bigger bag, always lol

Still good to hoard so you can just give the item quest giver asks for lol, but yeah wondered how many people know you can craft from storage XD

Thanks. That's what I did earlier.

Grizzo

Nah, I can't go in with the horse*. Left Alfred outside with Colin while searching the place for some Onyx.

Apropos horses, I wish your buddy horse would fight enemies like the ones in Skyrim do. :D

Edit:

* Oh, I think you haven't unlocked the "Get your "own" horse" bonus yet. The ones that get rented are not able to go to certain places, no idea why. Buddy horses can be named and can go to more places.

Oh no no I unlocked this bonus a long time ago! Come on Gato I just crossed the 44 hours mark, I should know about the horse thing by now :D

But I mean it seems like I can't go anywhere with my horse (which is my own by the way, named it Horsey) (because that's real original, haha). He just won't go in Elderwood, for example. So I don't know how you managed to go to the Ruins with him.

Hence the fact that I never ever use him. He's just useless to me, and I'm forced to dash my way through Reveria

Kater

Banned
Oh no no I unlocked this bonus a long time ago! Come on Gato I just crossed the 44 hours mark, I should know about the horse thing by now :D

But I mean it seems like I can't go anywhere with my horse (which is my own by the way, named it Horsey) (because that's real original, haha). He just won't go in Elderwood, for example. So I don't know how you managed to go to the Ruins with him.

Hence the fact that I never ever use him. He's just useless to me, and I'm forced to dash my way through Reveria
Nah, horses are amazing. (Music Warning!)

You can carry bounties a lot faster by horse, that's why I use it.

How do I use allies? I've been using my cats but they kinda suck, so I'd like to try some others. I'm getting wrecked heading to waterfall cave.

How do I use allies? I've been using my cats but they kinda suck, so I'd like to try some others. I'm getting wrecked heading to waterfall cave.
When you approach an NPC you can recruit, press the X button to bring up their Details page, then press Y to add then your party. (Same as pets.) You have to earn the right to recruit them though, rather through the story or by being at a certain level in a given job.

Do you have the DLC? That plays a factor to in NPC usefulness.

Haha, what level is your character now?

I hope you agree that Mage life is best life. ^.^ :p
Not that high, just 15 I think. My work schedule this past week was beyond stupid so I haven't had much time to play, hence all the late night cram sessions. I'm still working my way through all the jobs (getting the to adept or apprentice) before moving on. I haven't gotten to Wizard yet.

I have this weekend off so I hope to play some major catch up then. :D

1. from completing main story missions
2. From reaching certain levels of mastery in your life.

I should be good then. I must be doing it wrong.

When you approach an NPC you can recruit, press the X button to bring up their Details page, then press Y to add then your party. (Same as pets.) You have to earn the right to recruit them though, rather through the story or by being at a certain level in a given job.

Do you have the DLC? That plays a factor to in NPC usefulness.

Oh.. that explains it. I didn't realize it was exactly the same as pets. I do not have the DLC, but I know a few character's told me they'd join me if I wanted them to.

vids

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure it was asked earlier but my wife just asked & figured I'd check with the thread to check.

When selling stuff or bringing in a bounty does it matter who you sell to or do you get the same amount of dosh from everyone?

Zing

Banned
I have to admit that as I get deeper into this game I am not as fond of it. I think I join the chorus of voices that would prefer the story get out of the way and just let me quest and have fun. I get overwhelmed by suddenly having a bunch of butterfly quests appear, and other quests sprinkled through the land in areas that the story doesn't even lead.

It feels like they put too much arbitrary stuff. That or they cut out too much. I can decorate my room, but it's vastly inferior to Animal Crossing, which I also play, so I feel no need to do it here. I have to go to some special hut to color furniture. I can have pets that pretty much do nothing. Allies seem more of a hinderance than a boon, as they attack so slowly and just cause trouble (just had one "accidentally" attack some god tier tortoise during a small battle). Like the furniture, I feel zero desire to grab an ally.

The story also introduces some oddities, like me being vastly over prepared for the port area, and having many quests for it, only to have it all arbitrarily blocked off because I didn't talk to the butterfly. Then I do get the story to that area, and the game treats me as though I am a newbie and have never set foot there, with the game dialog even stating as such, despite the fact that I already visited, shopped, and hunted stuff in the area. And what's the deal with the quest to kill Napdragon after a whole chapter of the game is devoted to saving it and making it a friend of the kingdom?

The combat is also super ultra extremely simplistic.

I guess I would just prefer a more focused experience. It seems to be scatterbrained either due to too much content or having key elements cut out. I Have 19 hours under my belt and I'm going to take a break. Paraphrasing a post from someone else earlier in this thread, "I just wish the game would let me play".

Did you find the StreetPass character? For anyone having trouble, you first need to visit the Guild Office to make them appear.

Also, to raise your friendship to 100%, enter and leave a house, find and talk to the character again, repeat 4-5 times.
Ah! Just did this (was distracted by work earlier) and spotted his blue dot on my map. Thanks for heads up on entering and leaving a house too.

Zing

Banned
It's unfortunate that, due to the extra steps needed to enable streetpass, and even more steps to add a gift, the likelihood of a streetpass is smaller.

Oh.. that explains it. I didn't realize it was exactly the same as pets. I do not have the DLC, but I know a few character's told me they'd join me if I wanted them to.
Ah, I see. Yep, it's just like pets.

If you do ever get the DLC, your pets and allies will get stronger the more you use them with the Friendship System.

Ah, I see. Yep, it's just like pets.

If you do ever get the DLC, your pets and allies will get stronger the more you use them with the Friendship System.

I just realized there are bonuses with the DLC even before you finish the game. I must have missed that in the OP the first time I read through it. Is it worth purchasing the DLC now instead of waiting until I finish the main story? I'm about 20 hours in at this point, and a few chapters into the main story. I was originally planning to purchase it after I beat the main story since I thought that's the only time it would add anything.

I just realized there are bonuses with the DLC even before you finish the game. I must have missed that in the OP the first time I read through it. Is it worth purchasing the DLC now instead of waiting until I finish the main story? I'm about 20 hours in at this point, and a few chapters into the main story. I was originally planning to purchase it after I beat the main story since I thought that's the only time it would add anything.
If you are gonna get it regardless, I'd definitely get it immediately, so you can make use of the content that's available during the main game, the biggest one being the Friendship System. All the time you are currently spending with your pets and allies is not being put to good use without the DLC. With it they'll get stronger and be of more use.

Plus you have access to pet birds, dragons, extra customization pieces and more vacation homes during the main quest, in addition to the tons of extra stuff post game.

If you are gonna get it regardless, I'd definitely get it immediately, so you can make use of the content that's available during the main game, the biggest one being the Friendship System. All the time you are currently spending with your pets and allies is not being put to good use without the DLC. With it they'll get stronger and be of more use.

Plus you have access to pet birds, dragons, extra customization pieces and more vacation homes during the main quest, in addition to the tons of extra stuff post game.

Looks like I'm going to go buy the DLC right now then, haha. Thanks for the info, I wish I would have known sooner. Oh well, I'll be spending a ton more time with this game I'm sure so it shouldn't be a big issue.

Looks like I'm going to go buy the DLC right now then, haha. Thanks for the info, I wish I would have known sooner. Oh well, I'll be spending a ton more time with this game I'm sure so it shouldn't be a big issue.
Yeah, don't worry about it. It doesn't take that long to raise friendship with party members, just make sure they travel with you everywhere. The more stuff you do with them the faster it rises. My first pet is almost maxed out already.

Check out the new pets too after you get the DLC. The birds really rock IMO.

Yeah, don't worry about it. It doesn't take that long to raise friendship with party members, just make sure they travel with you everywhere. The more stuff you do with them the faster it rises. My first pet is almost maxed out already.

Check out the new pets too after you get the DLC. The birds really rock IMO.

Awesome, seems cool.

I will definitely check out the new pets!

Anyone have any favorites in terms of NPCs for their party? Lately all I do is take out my bird, Dog, and that's it. Keep thinking I should up my friendship with someone else but I really don't know who is cool to take and who is a waste since there's so many now. :/

I saw the first post had some suggestions but those seem like people you don't get till later on. I only just wrapped up chapter two.

BooJoh

wait a second

Note that once you have your own named horse you can saddle him up from any mount rental stable, not just Castele. This will let you get beyond the towns and to the other wilderness areas with him.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Anyone have any favorites in terms of NPCs for their party? Lately all I do is take out my bird, Dog, and that's it. Keep thinking I should up my friendship with someone else but I really don't know who is cool to take and who is a waste since there's so many now. :/

I saw the first post had some suggestions but those seem like people you don't get till later on. I only just wrapped up chapter two.

I haven't used too many yet, but if you have Paladin at adept, I used Porthos for a bit and he wasn't bad. I usually just let him take hits and walked behind whatever the enemy was. Isobel (expert paladin) I'm using now and she's decent. One of the ones you can get after chapter 3 I really liked
Olivia
, and there's one after chapter 4 that I'm using now who is pretty good
Odin
. I didn't find Angela (master miner) very useful, but I only used her against a gold crown bounty, so maybe that's why lol. Those are the only ones I've used so far.

Ventara

I had no idea about this. I guess I'll also buy the DLC now. Thanks for the info!

suzu

So you can only use your mount from stables? You can't call them from anywhere? I've only unlocked turtle mounts so far.

Top Bottom