• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

daydream

Banned
daaTNwg.png

My closing comment in the survey was about Youkai Watch. :p

Linius

I never heard of Youkai Watch before and now I want it. Damn you guys.

Just like with Fantasy Life. I never heard about it until two weeks before the European release. Only had to wait two weeks :D

BooJoh

With some boss monsters like Icefang and Behemoth I've found that their breath attacks really hurt. Are those attacks considered magic, meaning I'd be better off wearing the armors with balanced def and mdef rather than the heavy def sets?

Delstius

The basic magic resistance helps a lot for sure. Specific element resistance works even better if the boss only uses one element (as long as that is not holy or dark though).

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Do quests disappear? I finished chapter 6 and the Plushie that is in front of the Workshop in Castelle stopped giving his quest.

daydream

Banned
Do quests disappear? I finished chapter 6 and the Plushie that is in front of the Workshop in Castelle stopped giving his quest.

Nothing is missable but I've read that NPC requests are randomised, so it should be available some other time (and, in turn, some other NPC has a request now).

I just accept every quest I see. You can only have 30 requests open but that's also the amount of quests that is available in the world at any given time so I don't see a reason not to take them.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing is missable but I've read that NPC requests are randomised, so it should be available some other time (and, in turn, some other NPC has a request now).

I just accept every quest I see. You can only have 30 requests open but that's also the amount of quests that is available in the world at any given time so I don't see a reason not to take them.

Thanks a lot :)

Kater

Banned
Heh :D

Gawddamn.

I haven't leveled, at all, haha. Too busy to play during the week. :(

I'll make sure to at least upgrade my bag, though.
Not everyone has as much free time, so no problem. Bigger bag is never a bad idea, also don't forget to leave all the crafting items in your storage, since you don't need them in multiplayer anyway.

Dunno. I am able to damage the uber stones, but I don't have enough SP to break them. What is your mining skill and strength? I am a paladin with high strength and decent mining skill, and a great quality silver pick. I'm only level 22 adept. I am also wearing a full set of strength giving armor.

For what it's worth, it seems the challenges are ranked based on when you receive them, not when they should be completed.

Yes, I always find the weak spot and perform the smash attack as late as possible, even doing the ultra smash (whatever it's called). Maybe just bad luck. My luck is at 18 with items.

Edit: I just made another run. I messed up my timing on a node and cracked it with just a normal attack but still got an amethyst.

I think the "excellent" you get for overpowering it just gives you more items, not necessarily better items.
Maybe it's really down to luck then. So Strength, Focus and Luck is what is most important for a Miner then.

daevv

Only been playing for 4-5 hours and just finished chapter 1. I'm a Apprentice Alchemist but cannot find any blue gel. A store sells green but I need blue for an apprentice challenge.

Zing

Banned
Only been playing for 4-5 hours and just finished chapter 1. I'm a Apprentice Alchemist but cannot find any blue gel. A store sells green but I need blue for an apprentice challenge.
Do you have the shopping+ bliss bonus? I find it handy for crafting.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the blue jelly monsters somewhere in my travels.

A quick web search confirms. Look in the Deep Sea Cave in the archipelago.

cube444

Not really no. It's mostly exploring, gathering and fighting. The story explains itself. I believe there was one instance at the beginning where you had to search something and that's about it.

Thanks. Just saw the OP. Price is now at $44.99 in the E-Shop. :(

Linius

I've been looking at Youkai Watch videos for the past hour or so. God this kills me, now I'm hyped for something that won't be in my hands for a long, long time.

Finished Chapter 4!

zlCfzSmpvt0ZAYgECA

I liked the difficulty spike in the desert! I was wearing this weak armor, but looks > stats.

Today, I'll try the Snow daze! set and the Cooker Life!

Kater

Banned
t7q8UnD.jpg

The Danuta costume set is so cute. :3

I think I spend my Lunares coins on the costumes instead of the other stuff. I can change my
looks and stats
somewhere else for Dosh anyway. It's not like I'm poor. 😉

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I was level 19 when I hit the Desert and it kicked my butt. I had no choice but to retreat and do a little grinding. But I unfortunately couldn't work on any Friendship levels while I did so, since I was stuck with the cowardly knight.

BooJoh

So I'm master blacksmith and merc now, and I crafted myself a flamberge and the inferno and tidal sets. What I'm wondering though is does the fire+ on the fire armor boost my sword's damage or just my resistance to fire?

The password "Fired up!" is officially released in NA. Gets you a dragon costume.
Haven't had a chance to enter it yet but I was at Walmart yesterday and they had a Fantasy Life display with free pamphlets that described each of the lives and had the code in it.

Chaos17

It's fun to mix clothes. I created my own succubus set.
zlCfzSm2Vc8xLENs75

That grandpa loves to give me wallpapers.
zlCfzSm20YYOPFyJlH

Did 120 quests in Castel only, is there an end ? -3-

Velcro Fly

This fishing spot at the peak of Mt. Snowpoint seems infinite. I've caught about 10 fish from there completing a couple fishing challenges and they keep spawning.

Also the sit down to recover SP thing is a godsend. I have a relatively short attention span anyway so I can sit down to recover SP and then read stuff on the internet for a few seconds before going back.

Also the sit down to recover SP thing is a godsend. I have a relatively short attention span anyway so I can sit down to recover SP and then read stuff on the internet for a few seconds before going back.
I had no idea until Niraj mentioned it - which was lovely because I just started up fishing last night.

Velcro Fly

Is there any way to overlevel and make the game trivial? I'm level 25 now but I'm just having a good time knocking out some of these fishing challenges. I haven't advanced the story too far but I'm about to open up Port Puerto.

Kater

Banned
The glitch in the multiplayer is really weird. Didn't see that on my screen...

The rest of the screenshots are pretty cool. :)

Chaos17

zlCfzSm3v5UokAzDfl

I passed 1 hour or 2 by crafting furnitures.
I'm trying to found a theme for each of my houses.
In this one, I'm trying to make a Celestia shrine but I need more candles...

Is there any way to overlevel and make the game trivial?
Yes but the end bosses will stay bosses.

Zing

Banned
Is there any way to overlevel and make the game trivial? I'm level 25 now but I'm just having a good time knocking out some of these fishing challenges. I haven't advanced the story too far but I'm about to open up Port Puerto.
I'm level 22 and pretty overleveled for all of the Port Puerto areas. You could probably coast through with just a bronze dagger at level 25.

Dumb question probably. I'm an expert in mining and I see a new challenge "use Ore Buster 10 times" but I'm not sure how to do this. Is this a special that I have to learn from someone before I can use it?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Dumb question probably. I'm an expert in mining and I see a new challenge "use Ore Buster 10 times" but I'm not sure how to do this. Is this a special that I have to learn from someone before I can use it?

You know how you can hold X to do a special attack on the ores? Hold it down until it charges up twice. You'll know from the sound and the visual cues.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I really want this as it looks like hours of fun but my budget is super tight because of smash bros pretty much costing 100 bucks :l

Velcro Fly

Yeah I can tank like 4 zombies and their ring leader at once and live as a paladin. Having fun getting ore and completing quests in the Tortuga Archipelago now. Not man enough to try Nautilus Cave yet. Soon though. Fishing now!

I've played this game for like 6 hours now.

I still don't really know how I feel about it. I mean, I like it, but I'm not sure why.

All I've done is roamed around with my wizard and completed a few fetch quests. Haven't done any crafting or anything.

I like playing it while lying on the couch watching a movie.

This fishing spot at the peak of Mt. Snowpoint seems infinite. I've caught about 10 fish from there completing a couple fishing challenges and they keep spawning.

Hold the phone you can sit down to recover sp?? How??

Top Bottom