• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Just hit Master in mining and picked up a Mole Pickaxe. I'm loving it. I think I'm going to try to do the rest of the desert challenges. I did a couple runs there but haven't gotten the dino leg bone yet!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Got to hero in everything but wizard and mercenary. Going to have to move the story along for those I think.

Velcro Fly

Think I'm going to try the other combat classes out. Have a good claymore and the ability to make more but I can't use them just as a paladin.

Progress:

zlCfzSm6Lhk57MF3CC

What about you guys?

I want to get alchemist to expert level so I can make a monocle for a quest (12k reward). The house in the desert city costs
. :(

Niraj

I don't think sitting actually speeds up SP recovery though. It seems like it replenishes just as fast if you just stand still.

That's possible, so I just timed it. Went down to 60 SP:

stood still: 23.70 to get back to 100.

sat down: 19.87 to get back to 100.

It's definitely a little faster.

Edit: Decided to do it from 0 as well:

stood: 59.23

sat: 44.67

Obviously there's a little human error here since I can't stop exactly when it fills up, and it's difficult to sit before 1 SP refills itself.

Zing

Banned
100k doesn't seem like a problem at all. I have 50k now even after just buying a house. The prices of items are far too low, and the game gives out dosh like candy if you do quests or craft items. I'm not even to the desert yet.

That's possible, so I just timed it. Went down to 60 SP:

stood still: 23.70 to get back to 100.

sat down: 19.87 to get back to 100.

It's definitely a little faster.
Heh, right after I posted that I did a time test too.

From 0 to 100 SP...

Standing: 55 sec.
Sit Down gesture: 42 sec.

I tested the Relax gesture too and got the same as Sit Down. So sitting/relaxing it is then! Thank for the tip Niraj. :D

Niraj

Heh, right after I posted that I did a time test too.

From 0 to 100 SP...

Standing: 55 sec.
Sit Down gesture: 42 sec.

I tested the Relax gesture too and got the same as Sit Down. So sitting/relaxing it is then! Thank for the tip Niraj. :D

Thank bluepolicebox, she's the one who told me that you could do that :p I had no clue.

watershed

Banned
So I became an angler for the first time but skipped the tutorial. How do I fish? I mean obviously I press A but I don't know the timing or what the arrows mean. Can someone clear this up for me?

Well, here is my contribution:
once you start running, you can let go of the circle pad, yeah, I didn't know this until today, judge me.

So I became an angler for the first time but skipped the tutorial. How do I fish? I mean obviously I press A but I don't know the timing or what the arrows mean. Can someone clear this up for me?
http://youtu.be/ElIG1VG6-I0?t=5m10s

And you can check your mailbox to read all tutorials.

Linius

100k doesn't seem like a problem at all. I have 50k now even after just buying a house. The prices of items are far too low, and the game gives out dosh like candy if you do quests or craft items. I'm not even to the desert yet.

There will be items that cost 30k and over. Houses also get more expensive.

pariah164

I feel like I've hit a rut. I'm still in Castele, and I have no more Butterfly Requests to do, yet I can't seem to advance any of my jobs beyond Apprentice/Adept. What do?

daydream

Banned
I feel like I've hit a rut. I'm still in Castele, and I have no more Butterfly Requests to do, yet I can't seem to advance any of my jobs beyond Apprentice/Adept. What do?

If you want more Flutter requests to advance the story, cash in your Bliss at Flutter by talking to her in your house.

Zing

Banned
There will be items that cost 30k and over. Houses also get more expensive.
Well I've gathered over 100k without trying (only doing a handful of jobs and selling virtually nothing). You guys doing many/all jobs must be bathing in dosh.

I played multiplayer tonight. You can't change lives. I'm not sure why, but it's annoying.

Also, watching my daughter play really highlights the oddities in the English translation. For example, when you try to go online, it says a statement of "others will be able to see your name etc" and brings up a yes/no prompt. She sat at that one for a moment trying to decipher it. It's bizarre. It's not asking a question! It should say OK/cancel.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
So I'm near the beginning of the game where I'm suppose to choose a wish in front of the goddess statue from a big list. How will within wish affect the game ?

Velcro Fly

Just finished chapter 3! Think I'm going to go Mercenary and level that a little bit. Paladin is fun and I never die unless I'm against something completely out of my league but I feel like my damage has not gone up much since the start of the game. I think I'm an expert miner and an expert blacksmith but adept at many others. With Port Puerto and shops there open I'll definitely be able to level up some crafting. 28 hours in right now and nearly level 30!

watershed

Banned
So I am about to
go to Lunares
, for those who have finished the main story, am I near the end of the game? If so, I'm definitely gonna buy the DLC, I don't feel done with this game at all. It's got me hooked!

Chaos17

So I'm near the beginning of the game where I'm suppose to choose a wish in front of the goddess statue from a big list. How will within wish affect the game ?
It has no effect.

So I am about to
go to Lunares
, for those who have finished the main story, am I near the end of the game? If so, I'm definitely gonna buy the DLC, I don't feel done with this game at all. It's got me hooked!
You're at the end.

zlCfzSm_IwgYCsOLWk

Edit : I'm happy to see youtubers supporting this game.

Take a glimpse into the past of Fantasy Life, 4 years ago :
http://youtu.be/0YSj-IpDdIs
http://youtu.be/lQGX4eeWOBA

Holy! They were going to allow us to manually customize our character like a bit in Sims 4!!
All those beautiful cut jobs... ;_; This game is so full as it is, can you imagine 8 more jobs added on top? Crazy. And the ones cut look so awesome too. T_T

Someone was even riding a giant worm mount in one of those videos! O_O

Chaos17

I've never wished so hard for DLC/expansions for a game.
Now that I saw these old trailers, I want them even more because those lost lives really existed at some point.
Making me sad and want them back.

Niraj

The nighttime music is so good in this game.

Got every class up to hero at least now. I'll probably finish the story tomorrow lol

Velcro Fly

Ugh a couple of these mercenary challenges are tough. Nothing lives for four hits so I have to start my combo far away from mobs and finish them with the last hit. I managed to complete that one and now I have one for five hits! Ouch.

Although it is definitely fun playing a class and using a weapon that just cuts through everything. Tomorrow I get to grind some challenges in Tortuga with my shiny Silver Claymore! I could probably keep playing with the extra hour but I think I'm going to use it for sleep instead :(

Chaos17

All those beautiful cut jobs... ;_; This game is so full as it is, can you imagine 8 more jobs added on top? Crazy. And the ones cut look so awesome too. T_T

Someone was even riding a giant worm mount in one of those videos! O_O

Yup and it has been there for a long time, it seems.

image_thumb148.png

fantasy_life_002.jpg

Velcro Fly

Just killed that bastard Silverfang. You can actually stay close to him and be underneath his jaw during the breath attack and it will miss you. I used a few HP potions but had no trouble slaying that foul beast.

Niraj

Managed to get miner to legend as well. I think tomorrow I'll see if I can make some progress on woodcutter. That one will probably take awhile, since one of the quests requires you to have cut 500 trees, and I'm only at around 300 :/ lol

I habe two fast travel slots legt in the right, when are they filled? I am done with the story and lvl 43. Are both of those in origin Island?

BooJoh

Ugh a couple of these mercenary challenges are tough. Nothing lives for four hits so I have to start my combo far away from mobs and finish them with the last hit. I managed to complete that one and now I have one for five hits! Ouch.

Although it is definitely fun playing a class and using a weapon that just cuts through everything. Tomorrow I get to grind some challenges in Tortuga with my shiny Silver Claymore! I could probably keep playing with the extra hour but I think I'm going to use it for sleep instead :(

Those challenges are a pain, just make sure you notice the nuances of how the fifth hit(s) work. The first four can be chained by button mashing basically, but for the 5th to go off you have to hit A again during the animation of the 4th attack, and once you gain Tornado Shot you have to hit A just after the 4th attack ends to pull it off.

Zing

Banned
Wow, I didn't realize they were advertising all the cut jobs up until the year before release. They really did cut them at the last minute. A shame they didn't spend just a bit more time on the game.

It's also interesting that they had the FMV for the game complete years before the game was done.

gerudoman

I'm having trouble trying to find out the exact timing for getting a Cross-Cut, my combos all end in the third hit. Any help?

Edit: the answer was literally three posts above mine lol. Sorry! Still having trouble with the fourth hit though.

Top Bottom