• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Ok so a friend and I tried to play this together last night.

It was rad, but I ran out of bag space.

But, uhh.

Where do I go in his world to access my storage deck? I couldn't find it, in his house it said something about not poking through other people's things, and there was no where else I could find to drop it.

Am I limited to my bag space only in MP?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Not so easy when the thing between you and your goal is a Pickaxe Golem.

I'm curious what level you guys who are starting each life before progressing the story are hitting? I was level six just from three lives. Doing nothing but completing my life quests got me level 19 before I visited the port.

Also, I have a request:
Before the game was released here, there were several official images posted that gave suggestions of life combinations. For example, angler/cook/mercenary. I suspect these were posted by NoE and probably on their Facebook. Anyone have a link to these type of images or remember where they were from? I'm curious what combinations they suggested. I only remember the mercenary and paladin/blacksmith/miner combo.

From the OP:

Bx4l7HzIcAATOv2.jpg:large

Bx_CD8cIEAA68LM.jpg:large

There was also this one:

I18zVx6.jpg

Not sure if there were others.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Level 19. Accidently made it to Adept Carpentry before switching over to Tailor, which I just hit Apprentice level with.

All I have left is Alchemy before I'll finally allow myself to start playing as a combat class. And maybe exploring the outdoors a bit, finally. Maybe.

Linius

Not so easy when the thing between you and your goal is a Pickaxe Golem.

I'm curious what level you guys who are starting each life before progressing the story are hitting? I was level six just from three lives. Doing nothing but completing my life quests got me level 19 before I visited the port.

Also, I have a request:
Before the game was released here, there were several official images posted that gave suggestions of life combinations. For example, angler/cook/mercenary. I suspect these were posted by NoE and probably on their Facebook. Anyone have a link to these type of images or remember where they were from? I'm curious what combinations they suggested. I only remember the mercenary and paladin/blacksmith/miner combo.

I combined a paladin, miner, woodcutter, angler and blacksmith right from the start. Then added carpenter and tailor a bit later. So I have some fighting skills because of that. I'd recommend everyone to do at least one fighting class during the story. Otherwise you'll need to blast trough four fighter lives while being a high level later on. It's more fun to experience at least one of them from a low level all the way to the top.

Ok so a friend and I tried to play this together last night.

It was rad, but I ran out of bag space.

But, uhh.

Where do I go in his world to access my storage deck? I couldn't find it, in his house it said something about not poking through other people's things, and there was no where else I could find to drop it.

Am I limited to my bag space only in MP?

I think in someone elses world you're limited to the bag space. Though you can of course drop loot in the chest at the guild office. You'll have to go back to his world then after you cleared your bag to pick up your loot at his guild office. At least, I think if you save stuff in his guild office it doesn't come with you when you go back to your own game. Guess you'll have to try it out to be sure.

I had a nice moment yesterday where I tried out one of the elemental wraiths just because and actually managed to kill it. If this happens work on the two others, I will be at Master Wizard. Exciting stuff.

Kind of leaning toward just rushing the story for a bit. I'm sick of things being locked off because I haven't done the story and figure as long as I can survive, I can then backtrack and do all of my lives at my own pace, which is what I'm having the most fun with.

Also, bought me a horse last night. Disappointed that he runs away if he gets hit by a monster, but then the only time that happened is when I purposefully got hit to see what would happen. Really interested in getting some rarer mounts.

The game told me that I could only choose one horse. Are you able to have as many rares as you want or do you have to replace your horse with rares that you find?

Zing

Banned
From the OP:

Not sure if there were others.
Oops, right, thanks. I guess I was hoping there was a webpage with this sort of thing. I didn't see it on the US website. I noticed that NoE seems to hide their stuff by only posting on Facebook or Twitter. I have neither type of account.

I'll poke around. It's hard to do web search for "fantasy life".

Has there been any passwords released by NoA? All I ever see are the European codes. Yes, I know they are all discovered in a file, but I'm curious to see what NoA has been doing with them.

Adamator

Are there any friend code exchanges going on for this game? I'd like to link up with some people.

My code is 4441-8318-5739. Add me back and let me know, please.

Loving the game so far. Could not stop last night.

Zing

Banned
I haven't tried multiplayer yet. I'd be interested in it. I'm able to play I'm the evening (GMT-4). I don't even know what I would do in multiplayer though. Everything is so easy so far. I figured the origin island is where ther multiplayer shines. I don't have the DLC. My FC is in my profile here if anyone else wants to give it a try.

I'd really like to play this with my daughter, but she only has maybe an hour a day to play video games and it's already taken up with Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and Mario Kart. At the rate she plays, it would be next week before she was even in a position to link up.

This Amethyst miner challenge is killing me. I've mined that cave five times now and no stone. There are only two of those nodes and I need three stones. I have 16 luck with a necklace.

Kater

Banned
I had a nice moment yesterday where I tried out one of the elemental wraiths just because and actually managed to kill it. If this happens work on the two others, I will be at Master Wizard. Exciting stuff.

Kind of leaning toward just rushing the story for a bit. I'm sick of things being locked off because I haven't done the story and figure as long as I can survive, I can then backtrack and do all of my lives at my own pace, which is what I'm having the most fun with.

Also, bought me a horse last night. Disappointed that he runs away if he gets hit by a monster, but then the only time that happened is when I purposefully got hit to see what would happen. Really interested in getting some rarer mounts.

The game told me that I could only choose one horse. Are you able to have as many rares as you want or do you have to replace your horse with rares that you find?
No, you can have a special mount at every stable. You need special saddles to ride these though.

I'm game. Tomorrow/Sunday evening would be fine.
Yay!

We're off to see the tower, the wonderful tower of damnation and cursing. 😄

This will be fun again. By the way, I may have leveled up a bit again...
Level eighty-something now 😄

I haven't tried multiplayer yet. I'd be interested in it. I'm able to play I'm the evening (GMT-4). I don't even know what I would do in multiplayer though. Everything is so easy so far. I figured the origin island is where ther multiplayer shines. I don't have the DLC. My FC is in my profile here if anyone else wants to give it a try.

I'd really like to play this with my daughter, but she only has maybe an hour a day to play video games and it's already taken up with Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and Mario Kart. At the rate she plays, it would be next week before she was even in a position to link up.

This Amethyst miner challenge is killing me. I've mined that cave five times now and no stone. There are only two of those nodes and I need three stones. I have 16 luck with a necklace.
Are you using the right technique? I found out that if I just cracked the minerals with a weak swing, I only got normal loot and two bags instead of three.
Or maybe your Luck isn't enough, that could also be it. Maybe you need to buy one or give some points to Luck the next time you level up your character.

Machine

Are you using the right technique? I found out that if I just cracked the minerals with a weak swing, I only got normal loot and two bags instead of three.
Or maybe your Luck isn't enough, that could also be it. Maybe you need to buy one or give some points to Luck the next time you level up your character.

I think the miner tutorial tells you about this. Basically the greater the "overkill", the better the drop. So what you do is hit a few weak swings until there's just a sliver of "health" left on the rock, then hit it with a power swing.

daydream

Banned
Yay!

We're off to see the tower, the wonderful tower of damnation and cursing. 😄

This will be fun again. By the way, I may have leveled up a bit again...
Level eighty-something now 😄

Gawddamn.

I haven't leveled, at all, haha. Too busy to play during the week. :(

I'll make sure to at least upgrade my bag, though.

Kandinsky

I'm at the 'freely explore Riveria' or w'e mission but cant do anything, there's no enemies to fight, can't go anywhere past the town to do quests, etc. I dont know what to do lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Going to sleep solves a lot of not knowing what to do problems.

Also, why can't I do any damage at all to the big rock and tree in the lava cave? I'm level 52 and the big rock is an adept quest! I'm a master miner/woodcutter with the platinum level weapons.

Also you can get Hunter to Hero without ever clearing the Desert town's quest. That's crazy.

Linius

I'm at the 'freely explore Riveria' or w'e mission but cant do anything, there's no enemies to fight, can't go anywhere past the town to do quests, etc. I dont know what to do lol.

I'm not sure if I fully understand your post. But if you're saying you're stuck just complete the Flutter requests, that's always the way to get the story moving. If you've done them all you can check in with Flutter so the next story part can begin.

Kandinsky

I'm not sure if I fully understand your post. But if you're saying you're stuck just complete the Flutter requests, that's always the way to get the story moving. If you've done them all you can check in with Flutter so the next story part can begin.

It was just me being lost tbh, I blame the map, it is weird!

Zing

Banned
Going to sleep solves a lot of not knowing what to do problems.

Also, why can't I do any damage at all to the big rock and tree in the lava cave? I'm level 52 and the big rock is an adept quest! I'm a master miner/woodcutter with the platinum level weapons.
Dunno. I am able to damage the uber stones, but I don't have enough SP to break them. What is your mining skill and strength? I am a paladin with high strength and decent mining skill, and a great quality silver pick. I'm only level 22 adept. I am also wearing a full set of strength giving armor.

For what it's worth, it seems the challenges are ranked based on when you receive them, not when they should be completed.

Yes, I always find the weak spot and perform the smash attack as late as possible, even doing the ultra smash (whatever it's called). Maybe just bad luck. My luck is at 18 with items.

Edit: I just made another run. I messed up my timing on a node and cracked it with just a normal attack but still got an amethyst.

I think the "excellent" you get for overpowering it just gives you more items, not necessarily better items.

Chorazin

Has anyone gotten the Halloween costume passwords to work in the US version? Are those passwords region locked or something? It keeps telling me they don't appear correct.

BooJoh

Has anyone gotten the Halloween costume passwords to work in the US version? Are those passwords region locked or something? It keeps telling me they don't appear correct.

Check the spreadsheet link in the OP, the NA passwords are different but they've all been datamined. Some would consider this cheating but basically I'm going to go by the rule of if EU gets a code or I think a set of holiday codes should've already been released, I'm going to use them.

As far as I've seen NOA hasn't even officially released the Halloween passwords yet, I've just seen the maid outfit and sweets furniture posted by Amy on Miiverse plus the snow outfit in the email. I figured NOA would rest on their laurels and not release the Halloween codes until tonight or close to it so I decided to just use them early.

BTW the NA codes specific to Halloween are as follows (case sensitive):
Trick or Treat!
Seedy deeds
Fiendish fashion
Witching hour

Codes officially released by NOA:
Snow daze!
Sweet Furniture
Exceedingly cute

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
this game is like crack. im unlocking all of the artisan jobs before action jobs. although i started with blacksmith, its giving me the most trouble.

Check the spreadsheet link in the OP, the NA passwords are different but they've all been datamined. Some would consider this cheating but basically I'm going to go by the rule of if EU gets a code or I think a set of holiday codes should've already been released, I'm going to use them.

As far as I've seen NOA hasn't even officially released the Halloween passwords yet, I've just seen the maid outfit and sweets furniture posted by Amy on Miiverse plus the snow outfit in the email. I figured NOA would rest on their laurels and not release the Halloween codes until tonight or close to it so I decided to just use them early.

BTW the NA codes specific to Halloween are as follows (case sensitive):
Trick or Treat!
Seedy deeds
Fiendish fashion
Witching hour

Codes officially released by NOA:
Snow daze!
Sweet Furniture
Exceedingly cute
Thank goodness the codes were data mined because NoA obviously can't be bothered to tweet out anything holiday specific. I guess we can all wait until next year right??? :/

Zing

Banned
Sometimes I wonder if anyone at NoA actually does any work. It's embarassing that the red-headed stepchild that is NoE vastly surpasses them on the social media front. They also acknowledged the new 3DS. NoA is completely silent.

Velcro Fly

Getting to the point where gathering stuff is tough as a paladin. Can't even do damage to fir trees. Ore gathering is slow. Fishing is SP intensive. I know I need to turn in challenges for fishing. I did get a better mining tool though and my mining is up to 8 or so.

Also
Laura's stupid ass killed one of the baby Napdragons like a dumb. Good going AI partners!

Ventara

Just finished Chapter 3 and unlocked Al Magiik. I think now's a good time for me to go back and start doing quests/exploring again. Oh, and I'm 30 hours in and still having lots of fun.

BooJoh

Getting to the point where gathering stuff is tough as a paladin. Can't even do damage to fir trees. Ore gathering is slow. Fishing is SP intensive. I know I need to turn in challenges for fishing. I did get a better mining tool though and my mining is up to 8 or so.

Also
Laura's stupid ass killed one of the baby Napdragons like a dumb. Good going AI partners!

Fir/platinum are a higher tier in difficulty than sugar/gold, so if you haven't been to Al Majiik yet then you're not really expected to be farming at Snowpeak Summit yet. I'm up to level 35 and gold tools and fir and platinum aren't so bad anymore.

Velcro Fly

Fir/platinum are a higher tier in difficulty than sugar/gold, so if you haven't been to Al Majiik yet then you're not really expected to be farming at Snowpeak Summit yet. I'm up to level 35 and gold tools and fir and platinum aren't so bad anymore.

Yeah I could mine the platinum but couldn't fell the firs. I could also farm the ore in the Lava Cave but I died there a couple times instantly to some beast thing near the end so I figured I should come back later. Got some challenges done I don't think I should have yet but that is not a big deal to me.

Ventara

Speaking of Fir/Platinum, I really feel they could have worked those in better. I mean, you'd expect to be able to mine/chop stuff from the ores/trees in the area that the story brought you to.

Having lots of fun with this game, but haven't had time to sit down and play for long stretches of time because of work.

Tried fishing, and it's a lot more fun that many other fishing games I've tried. You have to use finese and technique to catch the fish.

Velcro Fly

I had an epic battle with a rare fish in the Lava Cave. I was down to single digit SP and just kept whittling away while making sure my line didn't break. It honestly took about five minutes. In the end I got it and turned in the bounty. Felt good to get a rare out of the way just exploring.

Niraj

I had an epic battle with a rare fish in the Lava Cave. I was down to single digit SP and just kept whittling away while making sure my line didn't break. It honestly took about five minutes. In the end I got it and turned in the bounty. Felt good to get a rare out of the way just exploring.

That one took me a long time to get to spawn, so glad it wasn't too hard for you to find.

Zing

Banned
Coincidentally, I decided earlier to add Angler to my Paladin's repertoire. I was saving it for a secondary character for roleplay reasons, but it also fits in well with my imagining of the paladin, and I think I am in a more stable mindset for a new "life". I had planned to spread the jobs over three save slots, but I think I'll just do two.

I do wonder how much money you guys are getting, I'm up to almost 50k and I have spent quite a bit on lumber and other materials, as well as the 12k cabin. Maybe if you only had one life and had to buy most of your stuff, you would need money? Otherwise, it feels like I have more than I know what to do with. I have almost nothing to spend it on, and I only have four of the 12 lives going. If you have most or all of them, you may never need money at all!

Ventara

I agree that fishing is really fun in this game, and the best gathering skill. It's easy, yet satisfying.

I do wonder how much money you guys are getting, I'm up to almost 50k and I have spent quite a bit on lumber and other materials, as well as the 12k cabin. Maybe if you only had one life and had to buy most of your stuff, you would need money? Otherwise, it feels like I have more than I know what to do with. I have almost nothing to spend it on, and I only have four of the 12 lives going. If you have most or all of them, you may never need money at all!

Well, the house in Port Puerto costs 50K. But yeah, money isn't a big issue. I mostly save up for big purchases like houses, and occasionally for some ingredients.

Edit: Btw, I assume your other two Lives are Miner and Woodcutter? If so, you might run into some problems not being able to complete some requests from the creation Lives that require you to make Good Quality items or better.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I do all jobs, don't sell anything (and I mean anything) have houses in all three towns I've been to and still have around 100k. NPC Quests give a lot of dosh. The only profession that seems to cost money because it is too hard/impossible to farm all their goods is tailor. Buy that shit, you need to buy a lot of the ribbons/string anyways so what's a few thousand more for the threads? Carpentry and Blacksmithing are almost perfectly served by Woodcutting and Mining (you in fact need both for tool making in either crafting job) Cooking is done well by Fishing, though you'll still need to buy some things and alchemy has surprisingly few things you can't just gather quickly, though the store saves time. Tailoring though, tailoring loves making you go to the shop.

Selling Superior/Top Quality goods will make you an absolute fortune though.

Velcro Fly

Planning another fishing trip to Lava Cave. Have to make some SP potions otherwise it will be a chore to farm fish. Will also fish at the peak of Mt. Snowpeak as well to be able to cook things. Getting up to adept at Tailor and Alchemist was fun this evening. I'm only a few hundred away for Cooking but there are some ingredients I know I'll have to move on with the story to get.

Also do alchemist crafted accessories ever get good? They only seem to give a couple stat points right now and that doesn't seem like much.

Niraj

Planning another fishing trip to Lava Cave. Have to make some SP potions otherwise it will be a chore to farm fish. Will also fish at the peak of Mt. Snowpeak as well to be able to cook things. Getting up to adept at Tailor and Alchemist was fun this evening. I'm only a few hundred away for Cooking but there are some ingredients I know I'll have to move on with the story to get.

Also do alchemist crafted accessories ever get good? They only seem to give a couple stat points right now and that doesn't seem like much.

If you hold down on the d-pad when your weapon is sheathed, your character will sit down and their SP will regenerate faster. That way you don't have to worry about the potions. Not practical for everything, but usually you're away from enemies when you're gathering anyway so it's nice for those classes.

Top Bottom