• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Still at it!! got about 30 hours into it and going strong. two classes to master (paladin and hunter) most other at expert and just started chapter 4. So much to do!!

pariah164

Is there an easy way to reach Port Puerto? I am sick of getting the airship to drop me off at the end of the West Grassy Plains every time.

Chaos17

Is there an easy way to reach Port Puerto? I am sick of getting the airship to drop me off at the end of the West Grassy Plains every time.

Did you finished the story arc of Port Puerto ?
If yes, then you shoud've reeived a letter about the airport (west of Castel) that tell you that you can go to Port puerto now through it.
Same for Al Majjik.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
My wife loves Animal Crossing... Is this the game for her? Also what kind of street pass and multiplayer functionality does this have?

Chorazin

My wife loves Animal Crossing... Is this the game for her? Also what kind of street pass and multiplayer functionality does this have?

Does she also like Action RPGS and JRPGs? It's a blend of the "chores" of AC, home customization of AC (if you want, it's competely optional) the job systems of a JRPG, and the action of an ARPG like 2D Zelda.

Cool!

Last question : can you have multiple characters on the same game card? I domt recall reading g that in the op

Yes, three files. I heard it saves to the SD card instead of to the cart too.

I assume this also means this doesn't mess up anything with the DLC either.

Haha saving on the SD card made my cousin lose his save cause he bought a 3DS transferred over and didn't move over his SD card, was borrowing his friend's 3DS to play it until he got another 3DS so he was screwed either way XD

Good thing he was only 2hrs in =P

Oxx

Story finished.

I honestly quite enjoyed it. It was simple and inoffensive, but I liked most of the characters.

It would have been better with 50% less dialogue though.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Level 35, 10 jobs up to adept level, 2 more jobs to start. I'll get to the second town one of these days. I will!

Any trick to making those huge ass fishies show up, or is it just RNG screw?

Oxx

I'll have to work out what to do now I have finished the story.

I'm not a completionist but I'll keep going.

I've concentrated on six lives, so there's not much more to do with that selection.

Might have to buy the dlc for new content.

So I'm about 2 hours in and I started off as a wizard, I'm now trying mining as I wanna try all the lives asap, lol. I'm level 3 and too scared to spend any of my stat points. =\

Is there an ideal stat spread for everything?

I know post-game (or maybe just the DLC) brings the ability to respec by item or payment but I'm curious if there's an ideal stat spread for those leveling that will give them the ability to craft decently in all Lives, combat decently in at least one Life, and gather all nodes?

I'm thinking it would look something like Str > Fo > Vi > Lu > Int > Dex?

VandalD

It's so hard for me to put this game down. Everything you do feeds into something else you could be doing. I like how they often show you things in the world that you can't handle, whether they be boss monsters, huge ore nodes, or trees that seem impossible to cut. Constantly gives you something to shoot for.

I know post-game (or maybe just the DLC) brings the ability to respec by item or payment but I'm curious if there's an ideal stat spread for those leveling that will give them the ability to craft decently in all Lives, combat decently in at least one Life, and gather all nodes?

I would say strength should be a majority of your points. It was my highest stat (still is) up to level 50 and I still found things I couldn't mine/chop the first time I saw them. You'll definitely have to come back to take care of old things. Seems skill level and tool quality are the biggest contributors to success, rather than stats.

Chaos17

So do you guys think the dlc is worth it? Was trying to take a look at it but the eshop is under maintenance.
I suggest you to read the OP for details about it and watch that trailer which will give you a glimpse of the DLC : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8xHNgL9MQ

Level 35, 10 jobs up to adept level, 2 more jobs to start. I'll get to the second town one of these days. I will!

Any trick to making those huge ass fishies show up, or is it just RNG screw?
Are you talking about the bounty fish ? (like in my screenshot?)
If yes, go to sleep and comeback. It usually work to make them spawn.

So I'm about 2 hours in and I started off as a wizard, I'm now trying mining as I wanna try all the lives asap, lol. I'm level 3 and too scared to spend any of my stat points. =\
Don't worry this game won't punish or nerf you and you will be able to reset your stats after the main story if it will really bother you.

In fact NPCS do tell you what stats are important to the jobs, they usually mention 3 of them.
If you want some details about the stats, I suggest to read this : http://fantasy-life.wikia.com/wiki/Stats

Random pic of the moment.
mNizWnK.jpg

p.s : for all the fishers fans, you can turn your bounty fish into a print if you wanna decorate your house with your achievements.
Just talk to the flower instead of the bounty clerk.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I really enjoy cooking but I'm having trouble finding some of the ingredients like mushrooms.

Depends which you need, but you can find mushrooms in forests and caves, generally. Mt. Snowpeak too. I think forest mushrooms are sold at the shady shop in Castele as well.

Zing

Banned
Which ones? Forest mushrooms are in elder wood and mountain mushrooms are, of course, on snowpeak.

I am finding cook to be the most boring life. I'm an expert cook. There are so many challenges to make random foods you will never really use, and the foods are all kind of the same in the end. I'm sure there are some particularly useful foods, but the game is so easy that one superior food is just as good as another. I'm enjoying Angler, though.

Working through chapter four now.

As for those asking about stat points or worried about how to spend them. Even if you never respec, don't fret about it. You get so many points and most stats give at least a .5 boost to the skill you want to use. You will be able to do everything and stomp through the enemies even without min/maxing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's food for every job, that's why it seems like there's a lot of less "useful" ones.

Save and try crafting something with and without the bonuses of some really top class food and you'll notice the difference right away. Same with getting into a "fight" with a stone or tree. The difference is quite a bit!

Zing

Banned
Still no luck damaging the wingstones. Ugh, looks like my stats are still low.
I have 24 strength with gear and skill 9 in mining using a great quality silver pick. I can deal around 7 damage per hit to the blue wingstone. I haven't given it much try, but I think it is just out of reach. I'm thinking the next level pick will make the difference.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Still no luck damaging the wingstones. Ugh, looks like my stats are still low.

The Golem in the Magma cave has a chance to give as a bounty award an absurdly good pickaxe for the time you can get it.

EDIT: The password set that gives you dragon gear has a ton of +strength on the chest, hands, and feet.

Kater

Banned
Good choice, hunter is so great. I'm a God hunter and I still don't get tired of killing things with my arrows. It is that good.
The Hero costume of the Hunter looks a lot like the clothes Robin Hood wore in the various movies which is really cool. 😃

Oh, and the Paladin costume that you get at Hero rank reminds me a lot of Renly Baratheons armor seen in the Game of Thrones TV series.

tumblr_static_screen_shot_2012-06-24_at_7.08.02_pm.png

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Messing around with Woodcutter, Carpenter, Miner, and Fisherman first, really fun just gathering shit...

Should I bother selling anything? I have a lot of extra shit, but I'm worried I'll need it for a Quest or making something important down the road.

Zing

Banned
You may or may not need it. I wouldn't sell simply because the money you get for non-crafted items is trivial.

Lexxism

I have 24 strength with gear and skill 9 in mining using a great quality silver pick. I can deal around 7 damage per hit to the blue wingstone. I haven't given it much try, but I think it is just out of reach. I'm thinking the next level pick will make the difference.

Currently have 28 strength + living 9 mining + gold pickaxe = 0 damage. Maybe I'll try to get a great gold pickaxe and change my job to Miner when I'm trying to attack a wingstone. Currently using Paladin to attack a wingstone. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? Try to change to Miner and see if I can damage it?

The Golem in the Magma cave has a chance to give as a bounty award an absurdly good pickaxe for the time you can get it.

EDIT: The password set that gives you dragon gear has a ton of +strength on the chest, hands, and feet.

Yeah, I remember that cave but I tried to farm and no luck for the pickaxe there. What's the password?

Zing

Banned
I forgot about the bonus for being a miner. I was a miner the couple times I tried.

Maybe the blue stone is easier than the others? You have a good/great gold pick? A regular gold pick will be about the same as a great silver pick.

scurker

Ugh, so I'm stuck and I don't know what to do.

I'm level 50 and have completed the main story line. I'm trying to figure out how to access Origin island and the game is being of absolutely no help. I talk to the NPC and she's telling me I need to find some Lunares Coins and come back. What am I supposed to be doing?

Edit: So apparently I had an unresolved quest that was blocking me from accessing Origin Island. What a dumb design decision.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, can you use those crates you can make as a carpenter to carry Bounties in?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Do we get fast travel at some point ? Like, warping between save point crystal thingy or whatever ? I'm still fairly new in the game and that's been kind of bugging me now :(

Top Bottom