• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Do we get fast travel at some point ? Like, warping between save point crystal thingy or whatever ? I'm still fairly new in the game and that's been kind of bugging me now :(

Eventually you can buy houses to let you fast travel between the towns.

Rarutos

Hmm... There's no Bounty Clerk in the (Chapter 5-on location spoilers)
Deep Elderwood or the Village
is there? Kind of annoying. :(

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Eventually you can buy houses to let you fast travel between the towns.

Ugh so to get to Waterfall Cave, for instant, I'll have to travel through all the maps first before being able to reach there ? Nooo :(

Niraj

Ugh so to get to Waterfall Cave, for instant, I'll have to travel through all the maps first before being able to reach there ? Nooo :(

Talk to the guide paladins. Many of them can warp you to different areas. For example, there's one before you enter the Mt. Snowpeak area who can take you to the very top, and one in the Eastern Grassy Plains who can take you back to Castele. There's also a pilot in castle who can take you to the start of Mt Snowpeak, Elderwood, or Western Grassy Plains.

Niraj

Finished the Origin Island chapters. Guess I'll try to get to legend in everything before I do more there.

Got my first Job (Hunter) to Master, yay!

It kinda sucks that the path forward in some areas is often blocked until you defeated all monsters (or even a boss).

Linius

After almost five weeks of having this game I finally got my first streetpass! Still have to start playing to see what's up and how it all works, but I'm excited that it finally happened :p

Grizzo

Do the people you streetpass just appear randomly in your town? Because there are some weird NPCs around Castele that have a sort of friendship bar. Every time I talk to them, it says things like "you both shared a good joke! Your friendship rose to 85%!"

I have streetpassed six people so that might be them.

Linius

That sounds about right. I believe once friendship is high enough you'll get a gift.

That reminds that I need to change my gift. It's still a mole pickaxe. I can offer much better now.

Grizzo

That sounds about right. I believe once friendship is high enough you'll get a gift.

That reminds that I need to change my gift. It's still a mole pickaxe. I can offer much better now.

Alright thanks!

But it sounds like a lot of trouble just to get a gift. I mean, I talk to them on the regular and nothing happened yet. The friendship just randomly goes up or down.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So I put about 20 hours in as a lumberjack! doing the main story (up to the 3rd or 4th act), I'd been playing it on and off, whilst also playing Conception 2 (at about 30 hours).

Then I realised I could open up all the lifes. good lord :O clocked another 15 hours along in the last weekend. Combat is fun now! things are fun!

FUN!

i do feel bad about abandoning my star children for now though :(

But yeh, i've chosen hunter as my main class now, and am focusing on a lot of mining and lumberjacking quests!

Chaos17

So, can you use those crates you can make as a carpenter to carry Bounties in?
nope

Talk to the guide paladins. Many of them can warp you to different areas. For example, there's one before you enter the Mt. Snowpeak area who can take you to the very top, and one in the Eastern Grassy Plains who can take you back to Castele. There's also a pilot in castle who can take you to the start of Mt Snowpeak, Elderwood, or Western Grassy Plains.
This is becoming a common question, I wonter if OP should add it in his post.

Got my first Job (Hunter) to Master, yay!

It kinda sucks that the path forward in some areas is often blocked until you defeated all monsters (or even a boss).
This is an rpg cliché

Chapter 5 put me to sleep last night, literally. I'm not even joking.

Basically, you have to sit through 1 hour of never ending story sequences. After that, I had a lot of fun though, exploring new caves and completing life quests. This game would have been so much better if it didn't have any story at all.

Pics:

Best character in the game.

zlCfzSneIhghKBgcGF

Another Zelda reference.

zlCfzSnff0Iq8Ybkx4

Skels in this cave are VICIOUS. They comboed and destroyed two of my bounties. T____T

zlCfzSnfr_gFN04irT

First Master Life! (Paladin)

zlCfzSngDOE2--yPvH

Grizzo

Chapter 5 put me to sleep last night, literally. I'm not even joking.

Basically, you have to sit through 1 hour of never ending story sequences. After that, I had a lot of fun though, exploring new caves and completing life quests. This game would have been so much better if it didn't have any story at all.

You've seen the light, haha. It really does get even more boring and tedious as you progress through the game. I can't wait until you get to the final chapter and tell us how you felt about it :D

Oxx

Streetpass doesn't add much, but it is nice to see other people's characters.

Of all my passes I haven't received a single item. It's all no item or unobtainable item.

Alright thanks!

But it sounds like a lot of trouble just to get a gift. I mean, I talk to them on the regular and nothing happened yet. The friendship just randomly goes up or down.
You can tell which NPCs are people you've StreetPassed by checking the map on the bottom screen--they will be the blue dots on the map.

So does their friendship go up and down with a similar frequency?

I've had a bunch of StreetPasses and I usually get increased friendship with my guests and only occasionally decreased friendship or no change.

BTW, ever time you change screens, you can talk to the same guest again to try and boost their friendship.

Once it hits 100%, you'll get their gift (you probably know this).

In fact, if you StreetPass the same person again, they will retain their friendship level, so if you have somebody already at 100% you will immediately get their gift again (I abuse this with my multiple 3DSes).

I can't get
Noelia
to invite me back to
Lunares
or join my party so i can't really move forward with the DLC. Any tips? I've ran around for several in-game days, got a few classes to Master and even one to Hero. No clue what I'm missing. All my bliss quests are done.

Got my first hero in fishing of all things. Probably because it seems impossible to fail at fishing since mashing a doesn't drain sp and you don't do 0 damage to fish.

I can't get
Noelia
to invite me back to
Lunares
or join my party so i can't really move forward with the DLC. Any tips? I've ran around for several in-game days, got a few classes to Master and even one to Hero. No clue what I'm missing. All my bliss quests are done.

Got my first hero in fishing of all things. Probably because it seems impossible to fail at fishing since mashing a doesn't drain sp and you don't do 0 damage to fish.

I believe you need to reach level 45 for the invite to take place.

Zing

Banned
I am deep into chapter four and I have to say that I think the story is actually getting better! I can see the complaint if you are the type to hammer on the A button wishing it would end, but I enjoy the story and feel it is a good break between doing all the chores. If the later chapters are more of the same, I will be pleased.

Sorry for the short notice, but does anyone want to join in for some tower runs and Origin Island bosses? Look for a third player to fill a space.

You don't have to be that strong, as long as you can hold your fort and have fun ^^

Linius

Evilore once said:

Bear in mind, as of recently we are moving game |OT|s to the Community Forum one month post-release so that the Gaming Forum isn't clogged up and can focus on more relevant content.

It's time to riot my Fantasy Life friends.
Guess they went for the middle way and left it two weeks extra in gaming side because of the month split in between Euro and US release.

Linius

LOL? The game just released in the US, someone should PM a mod. :/

EDIT: Oh, so we have new rules now.

It's from 2012, not really new. But I don't think it's fair to move this thread so soon because it just released in Murica. The circumstances are a bit different for this one due to the one month difference in release date. But this is an American board after all so it would make sense to stick to that release date before moving the thread barely a week after it's American release.

Zing

Banned
It is strange that this thread, which is just over a week into the game with people discussing opinions and experiences, got moved while the Smash Bros 3DS is still in gaming while being over a month old and almost solely comprised of community matchmaking for the past few weeks.

It is strange that this thread, which is just over a week into the game with people discussing opinions and experiences, got moved while the Smash Bros 3DS is still in gaming while being over a month old and almost solely comprised of community matchmaking for the past few weeks.
The rules are only there for the ones who are not the favorites.

Bu...but the less known games need that extra attention :(
My guess is that they're going to claim it had long enough combined with the EU launch.

On topic for the game, I slowed down quite a bit over the past few days. I think I'm just getting hyped for the new WoW expansion, work has ramped up a bit, and my evenings have been spent doing other things. I enjoy playing it but I can't just play for a short session - I end up playing for a while. And knowing that, it makes me think extra about when I open up my 3DS.

Linius

I'm in the middle of my exam week so I haven't had much time either. But gladly I have the day off tomorrow and my final two are on thursday and friday. So I'll allow myself a bit of free time tonight.

EDIT

Looked at my streetpassers profile, his gift is cowmilk. You don't make this shit up.

Zing

Banned
I can relate. My gift is probably carrot soup. You are introduced to streetpass very early in the game, so unless you make an effort to return to the streetpass clerk, you will be like me and have a lame item offered.

I understand what they've tried to do with the ninja style running, but to me it looks like the protagonist is running screaming "HUUG MEE".

Linius

Origin Island DLC related

Imagine touring Grace around the island without having bought any of the houses...

WAcVvoX.gif

Chopper

The Hero costume of the Hunter looks a lot like the clothes Robin Hood wore in the various movies which is really cool. 😃

Oh, and the Paladin costume that you get at Hero rank reminds me a lot of Renly Baratheons armor seen in the Game of Thrones TV series.

tumblr_static_screen_shot_2012-06-24_at_7.08.02_pm.png
I'm afraid I'm a Stannis man.

Top Bottom