• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This guy played 45 hours. Lazy basterd! :p

I had a mole pickaxe for a long time. Changed it to the Joyeuse later on.

I think mine is some inferno gauntlets. I should probably change it to something more useful at some point.

Origin Island DLC related

Imagine touring Grace around the island without having bought any of the houses...

lol yeah, fuck that

Linius

I was planning on doing the second DLC mission but after the thing that you have to do before that I don't feel like it anymore. Maybe tonight :p

Hey, question about the DLC I couldn't find in the OP or Nintendo link. Are the customization additions of the DLC activated immediately after purchase and you just need to unlock the story parts, or do you not get any part of the DLC until you unlock it endgame?

daydream

Banned
Hey, question about the DLC I couldn't find in the OP or Nintendo link. Are the customization additions of the DLC activated immediately after purchase and you just need to unlock the story parts, or do you not get any part of the DLC until you unlock it endgame?

From the OP:

When you download the DLC
Things you get at the start:
-Extra character customization
-Friendship system (allows NPCs to become friends with you and fighting better)
-Pet Birds and Dragons
-2 new houses

All of these are unlocked when you start a new game.

Sniff, I reached Level 200. Wasn't really trying either.

lordofcursed.png

Of course, I had to end it at my most feared boss: Lord of the Cursed

Don't really have much else left to do, except maybe grind for wishing fountain items (oh god, no) or forge some marginally better equipment.

Time to start a new file as a girl character.

Chopper

Sniff, I reached Level 200. Wasn't really trying either.

lordofcursed.png

Of course, I had to end it at my most feared boss: Lord of the Cursed

Don't really have much else left to do, except maybe grind for wishing fountain items (oh god, no) or forge some marginally better equipment.

Time to start a new file as a girl character.
Good work man. How many hours?

Chaos17

Sometime it's good to change an old design.

Before and after version of Tailor master.
jTyT9io.png

They kept the design idea of the original master and changed it into the NPC we all know now.
250px-Tailor_Transparent.png

Mr. Robot

I was interested in this game but im on the fence about it, is this game anything like animal crossing, i really liked AC:NL but after a long time i got bored, i felt it lacked something, and that something is battles and quests.
How is the battle aspect of this game, does it feel like an afterthought or is it really fleshed out? after reading some reviews it feels like this game is kinda like Little Kings Story where you could wander around and face monsters.

I was interested in this game but im on the fence about it, is this game anything like animal crossing, i really liked AC:NL but after a long time i got bored, i felt it lacked something, and that something is battles and quests.
How is the battle aspect of this game, does it feel like an afterthought or is it really fleshed out? after reading some reviews it feels like this game is kinda like Little Kings Story where you could wander around and face monsters.

I also wanna know all this as well, also, is it more like AC or more like Rune Factory?

Linius

Rune Factory

And I think after my exam week I'm gonna write a little something for these kind of questions. Nothing personal, but you two are like number 102 and 103 asking the same question. This really needs to be in the OP so we can be done with it :p

I just remembered that I bought RF4 this year, luckily for me the game doesn't have a running clock.

Damn, I need to go back to that game later.

Rune Factory

And I think after my exam week I'm gonna write a little something for these kind of questions. Nothing personal, but you two are like number 102 and 103 asking the same question. This really needs to be in the OP so we can be done with it :p
Yeah, like how adding the DLC info to the OP stopped people from asking about what it adds.

Linius

Yeah, like how adding the DLC info to the OP stopped people from asking about what it adds.

If it's in the OP we can just ignore people asking those questions without feeling bad about it. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who actually reads the OP to see if it already answers any questions I might have about a game. It's not that hard right?

Niraj

Rune Factory

There's this though:

What games are the most accurate to compare Fantasy Life to?

The most accurate game to compare Fantasy Life is the Rune Factory series, as both have similar gameplay elements where you improve your characters skills etc to help further in game, except there is no marriage system ala Rune Factory.

I mean, I think that's good enough, but the issue is reading, like you said.

Mr. Robot

There's this though:

I mean, I think that's good enough, but the issue is reading, like you said.

I've never played a Rune Factory game, but i've heard it is like animal crossing... j/k

I think i'll go and check some playthroughs, i didn't want to spoil the game but i'll have to, from what i have seen it looks really fun

Linius

I've never played a Rune Factory game, but i've heard it is like animal crossing... j/k

I think i'll go and check some playthroughs, i didn't want to spoil the game but i'll have to, from what i have seen it looks really fun

Let's Plays probably won't spoiler much. During the story arcs you're basically only reading text and walking from A to B to read more text. All the fun is when you're exploring the world with no story bugging you. This may sound more negative than I actually mean to be, because I've already sunk 76 hours into this game. I don't care about the story at all but I love this game.

Zing

Banned
I had the opposite effect. Watching videos of this game made it look boring. I think I watched the wrong videos. It was a couple of non-gamers flailing around in multiplayer fighting something far too strong for them, taking almost 20 minutes to win.

I feel Little Kings Story is an apt comparison.

Grizzo

Can't find a mustard dragon anywhere, and it's only a Fledgling quest. This mercenary licence is gonna be hard to master.

Edit: oh all this time they were just hidden amongst those carrotys... haha well

Niraj

lol

Honestly, like Linius said, I don't think you'd ruin too much for yourself. Most of the time you're just doing whatever you want, the story sections are pretty short if you just run through them.

Off-topic, I liked LKS, but didn't think it was as good as it could have been. I think it started better than it ended, and overall the premise was better than its execution.

Linius

What does Nintendo have to do with Rune Factory? RF4 is coming to EU soon. Besides that, what more is there?

In the end due to region block I blame Nintendo :p

But yeah, it's finally confirmed. No release date yet though. SMT IV all over again.

daydream

Banned
I mentioned this in one of our co-op sessions, but Levitania really reminds me of Lavalava Island from Paper Mario. Must be the music.

Zing

Banned
Can't find a mustard dragon anywhere, and it's only a Fledgling quest. This mercenary licence is gonna be hard to master.

Edit: oh all this time they were just hidden amongst those carrotys... haha well
I'm level 30 and still missing one mustard for a quest despite killing dozens of these things.

I just discovered that you can hold X to blitz through the dialog. Even just pressing X instead of A brings up the next full dialog instantly without the crawling text. Just be careful not to hold it if you actually want to read the dialog!

suzu

Man, some of you guys are so far ahead. I've only gotten expert on like 3 jobs so far and just got to the third city. lol

How do I unlock all the teleport options?

Niraj

Man, some of you guys are so far ahead. I've only gotten expert on like 3 jobs so far and just got to the third city. lol

How do I unlock all the teleport options?

If you mean the houses, after you finish the chapter for a new area, you'll be able to buy a house in that area. You can also chat up the pilots and blimp pilots to get transported to specific areas within a town and the towns respectively.

daydream

Banned
Is there no bounty office rep in Elderwood village or Deep Elderwood?

Also, I'm really close to finishing the story and finally unlocking the DLC.

Is there no bounty office rep in Elderwood village or Deep Elderwood?

Also, I'm really close to finishing the story and finally unlocking the DLC.

I wasn't able to find one if there is.

Also, is there any quicker way to get up to Mt Snowpeak Summit? I've been going through East Grassy on my horse until it stops me and then walking all the way up there.

daydream

Banned

Also, is there any quicker way to get up to Mt Snowpeak Summit? I've been going through East Grassy on my horse until it stops me and then walking all the way up there.

Bummer. :/

Take the airship next to your house (or the wooden cabin on sale) in South (West) Castele. Then talk to the soldier standing at the entrance to Mt. Snowpeak, pretty sure he teleports you to the summit (apologies if I'm misremembering).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm level 30 and still missing one mustard for a quest despite killing dozens of these things.

I just discovered that you can hold X to blitz through the dialog. Even just pressing X instead of A brings up the next full dialog instantly without the crawling text. Just be careful not to hold it if you actually want to read the dialog!

You can buy mustard. It's a Bliss reward at either the second or third town.

Niraj

Before you enter the Mt. Snowpeak area from the Easy Grassy Plains, talk to the guide paladin right outside the entrance and he'll take you to the summit.

I feel like they moved this to Community too quickly. It's only been out in the US for two weeks. (Not even.) :/

Edit: I PM'd a mod about it.

suzu

If you mean the houses, after you finish the chapter for a new area, you'll be able to buy a house in that area. You can also chat up the pilots and blimp pilots to get transported to specific areas within a town and the towns respectively.

So if I buy a house in Port Puerto, I can teleport there from my map menu? D:

Top Bottom