• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon |OT| Sloan's blanket is six feet of my shit.

Gong

You're a funny guy Sully, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last.

Hey Sully, remember when I said I was going to kill you last?

funny-gif-thumb-up-facebook-comment.gif

Andrew.

Banned
I know I'm only a couple hours in, but this is already the one of the best bang for your buck DLCs I have played this gen right next to Minerva's Den and Shadow Broker.

Kajiba

The wait =\.

Seen it on the xbox dasboard to play it now. But just got error message when I clicked it lol. Can't wait to finally play this game.

Chairhome

I redeemed the Uplay code but its not showing up in my games. Should it be showing up in the client if its a pre-order?

I just started up the PS3 version. I beat the opening sequence, and I already love it. I still can't believe they did something this outrageously good.

Dead

well not really...yet
Fuuck, why can this be up on xbla yet :(

Whats sad is the only reason im waiting and not getting it on PSN is that I have FC3 on Xbox, despite that being totally irrelevant to the Blood Dragon...lol

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Fuuck, why can this be up on xbla yet :(

Whats sad is the only reason im waiting and not getting it on PSN is that I have FC3 on Xbox, despite that being totally irrelevant to the Blood Dragon...lol

evasive evasive evasive

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Same story.

You couldn't pay me to play this at 22-28fps, unless we're talking with downsampling of course.
It must be the simpler look, but the PS3 is buttery smooth at 30fps and super sharp too. I'm very sensitive to frame rates too.

Andrew.

Banned
I cant tell you how warm and fuzzy it is to hear Michael Biehn doing his best Duke Nukem and chuckling when I score a headshot with the sniper rifle.

But I CAN tell you that there is a boner involved.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh my god. The demo is AMAZING. Far Cry 3 is similar to this? Does that (and this) still have the dogshit infinite spawning after five seconds guard posts? Because that REALLY killed FarCry 2 for me and if these two don't I'm definitely tracking down a copy of FarCry 3 and getting Blooddragon.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Oh my god. The demo is AMAZING. Far Cry 3 is similar to this? Does that (and this) still have the dogshit infinite spawning after five seconds guard posts? Because that REALLY killed FarCry 2 for me and if these two don't I'm definitely tracking down a copy of FarCry 3 and getting Blooddragon.

If you clear the guard posts friendlies take over, in both games i presume

antitrop

This is pretty much just a total conversion mod for Far Cry 3. The gameplay is still the same.

When Far Cry 3 came out they kind of went the opposite way with the guards, once you cleared an outpost they NEVER respawned and it left the game feeling pretty boring and empty after a while.

They patched in respawning guards, but I haven't played the game since. Most people seem to be pretty positive about the change, so it's not like they patched in a fucked up respawn system like FC2.

I hate FC2, Far Cry 3 is a much better game. Terrible story, though. But a better game to play in almost every way.

Avoid the console versions if you can, though. Far Cry 3 (along with Crysis 3) is pretty much the prototypical example of why the current generation was several years too long. There is a generational difference between what the game looks like on consoles and a decent PC.

Top Bottom