• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon |OT| Sloan's blanket is six feet of my shit.

antitrop

you couldn't pay him to try the demo!

I'm downloading games on Steam right now, I actually can't spare the bandwidth to download a console demo of a full game that is coming out on PC tomorrow that I already have pre-ordered.

But had I known there was a demo several days ago I probably would have bothered.

Syriel

I cant tell you how warm and fuzzy it is to hear Michael Biehn doing his best Duke Nukem and chuckling when I score a headshot with the sniper rifle.

But I CAN tell you that there is a boner involved.

Get the explosive rounds. It's more fun then.

Oh my god. The demo is AMAZING. Far Cry 3 is similar to this? Does that (and this) still have the dogshit infinite spawning after five seconds guard posts? Because that REALLY killed FarCry 2 for me and if these two don't I'm definitely tracking down a copy of FarCry 3 and getting Blooddragon.

No. No infinite guards in either Far Cary 3 or Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sounds like I'm going to buy both FarCry 3's then. Time to get my sneak and shanking guards on.

antitrop

Sounds like I'm going to buy both FarCry 3's then. Time to get my sneak and shanking guards on.

wZJSb.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone play this on PS3? How does it run? I'm tempted to just wait for xbla version tomorrow.

It runs decently. I can't really compare it to FarCry 3 PS3 or the other versions but I didn't notice any hitches or anything of the sort that more anal people may see.

antitrop

It runs decently. I can't really compare it to FarCry 3 PS3 or the other versions but I didn't notice any hitches or anything of the sort that more anal people may see.

Someone before mentioned that Blood Dragon seems to run smoother than base Far Cry 3.

Which is great, because base Far Cry 3 runs like shit. I don't even think the game should have shipped to consoles the way it did. It literally drops below 20 in cutscenes and runs in the low to mid 20s during most gameplay.

But don't take my word for it...

Digital Foundry said:
Battle and hunting sequences give us some notable lows in performance, where during one outpost explosion we see the frame rate plummet down to 15FPS on PS3, and 18FPS on 360. The general flow of battle is generally better than this may suggest, but it's rare to see either platform hold a stable 30FPS - and the 360 usually takes the higher ground.

UbiSoft decided to enable Vsync for the cutscenes, but set it to adaptive for gameplay. Actually makes sense in concept, but man does it look bad.

I'm actually fairly interested to see how Blood Dragon compares, purely out of morbid curiosity.

Has anyone here redeem the code from the AMD promotion? I can't do it.

I think you have to buy the game through UBishop and then use the code as a voucher during checkout. Haven't done it with FC3 BD (still looking for a key) but that's how it worked with other Ubi games from video card promotions.

kami_sama

I think you have to buy the game through UBishop and then use the code as a voucher during checkout. Haven't done it with FC3 BD (still looking for a key) but that's how it worked with other Ubi games from video card promotions.
I tried doing that, but the code doesn't make the price of the game zero, it stays the same.

Dunkelgrau

The game should be available since ten hours here in Europe. Instead of that Steam tells me that it tooks 10 hours more to go. Fuck.

Gruso

]blacky[;56403584 said:
The game should be available since ten hours here in Europe. Instead of that Steam tells me that it tooks 10 hours more to go. Fuck.
Still waiting in Australia too :( Release date was always listed as May 2, which should make it 6 hours from now. But Steam says ten. I do not understand.

]blacky[;56403584 said:

Still waiting in Australia too :( Release date was always listed as May 2, which should make it 6 hours from now. But Steam says ten. I do not understand.

Games on Steam don't usually release on 0:00 of the release day. They unlock at a time the publisher specifies.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
i ferking lurved this game and it's interesting to see this level of game made standalone at this price point. add 10$ to the price and not off the backbone of a bigger game and i think we could see a new mid tier of games for next gen

KillerAJD

Was able to use the AMD promo code on the Ubi website, but I've not received a follow up email, nor has the game been added to my account. Kinda bummed about that, guess I'll have to email AMD support later.

The worse Steam countdown troll for me was for Bioshock Infinite.

4 hours, 3 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour... oh, you're in Japan? We didn't realise. Come back in 29 days.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
holy fuck this is not only real but OUT right now?

if this is as cool as it looks, i hope this type of DLC catches on.

Would've been nice to have preloaded because 3GB on my 1.4mbps connection is going to take all night and I've got work in the morning. I can't download Fez until 6pm either...

Steam plz.

Anyone play this on PS3? How does it run? I'm tempted to just wait for xbla version tomorrow.

DF face-off:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-far-cry-3-blood-dragon-face-off

Sadly, performance isn't a strong suit with sustained drops to 22FPS being common-place on both consoles, and tearing also consistently afflicting the entire screen during play.

We had hoped the focused visual style in Blood Dragon would lighten the burden on these platforms, but alas it's the same raw deal as the original Far Cry 3. Both PS3 and 360 deliver closer results in terms of image quality than before - discrepancies in resolution aside - while Microsoft's platform offers a minor advantage in frame-rate when strained.

legbone

heyooo! downloading now on xbla. can't wait.

i'm starting to agree with people that the name of this thread should be changed to "blood dragon: it's not fucking dlc". j/k. but come on. i think it's becoming some sort of meme or troll at this point.

Top Bottom