• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon |OT| Sloan's blanket is six feet of my shit.

Chairhome

I tried doing that, but the code doesn't make the price of the game zero, it stays the same.

Alright I have a code now and have the same problem, it doesn't seem to work yet. Was anyone able to redeem an AMD key in the Ubishop yet?

Same problem here. Where do you live? Maybe it's a regional thing.

make sure you're using this link: http://shop.ubisoft.com/fc3bdamd
It'll automatically add the game without the soundtrack, then enter the promo code. It worked for me, but I didn't get an email and it didn't show up in my purchases, so hopefully it gets straightened out today.

Developers on Twitter. Jonathan Blow bringing the beatdown, but Dean Evans (creative director of Blood Dragon) takes it like a champ or wimp, I don't know...
nqhH3i7.png

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Blow/status/329480297898979331

It does say Far Cry 3 in the title, though.

wwm0nkey

EDIT: NVM, Yeah it does sound more like he is sad that even though its a joke some games seriously do that stuff already.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Developers on Twitter. Jonathan Blow bringing the beatdown, but Dean Evans (creative director of Blood Dragon) takes it like a champ or wimp, I don't know...
http://i.imgur.com/N9NbJRz.png[/IM G]

[url]https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Blow/status/329480297898979331[/url]

It does say Far Cry 3 in the title, though.[/QUOTE]

Really? Is sounds to me like he's starting the joke

So people who got Far Cry 3 free from AMD in December don't get the code? That's a pity. I guess there's some cut off date on the promotions.

biocat

lol. Does Spider's bandana read 人の糞(human shit)? The Kanji is so garbled, but it looks like it does.

C4Lukins

Jonathan Blow made a great game. I find every other aspect of his personality to be quite irritating. He is like a condescending version of Peter Molyneux.

kami_sama

The game isn't showing up for me in games on uplay after using that code from AMD bundle.
See if in the email you got a download link. When you install the game uplay will ask for the key (I think it's in the same email), and you will have the game locked to your account. Happened to me with D:SF.

Bought a never settle bundle code for BioShock Infinite & Tomb Raider for $40. Pleasant surprise to wake up to an email telling me I also have this game free. Especially when I was planning on buying it!

That puts my net cost for the three games at $13 each!

Bossniak

See if in the email you got a download link. When you install the game uplay will ask for the key (I think it's in the same email), and you will have the game locked to your account. Happened to me with D:SF.

The only download link in the email is to download uplay. It says:

"Once installed, log into the application using the same Uplay account you've used for this purchase.
Your game will be visible in the “GAMES” section. "

Ricker

I saw the demo on the PS3 last evening but I said I will wait for the XBLA demo tomorrow but there is no demo right now on the 360...? I only see purchase,wth..?

Adam Blue

Ugh...so, I apparently signed into the wrong UPlay account when I used the code for Blood Dragon. I then went into Steam to launch FarCry 3 (original) and get the user info. But, it was logged into the new account...with 20pts. I then log out and log into one I know of, and while it has tons of points, it tells me Far Cry 3 isn't associated with it...

This is all very confusing!

UbiSoft doesn't merge accounts.

Luckily, UPlay points don't seem to be of any value I could be missing out on, so whatevs.

Daigoro

playing through the intro now. its awesome.

you know what would be great guys?

if people could refrain from spoiling the lines and jokes in the game for the first few days or so. very much unlike the last page or two. kinds ruins it a bit.

but since i cant trust people not to be fuckwads, ill stay out of this thread until i finish a play through.

S1kkZ

the demo on 360 seems to run fine (mostly 30 fps with some drops during bigger action). didnt fc3 run like dogshit (constant sub 25 fps) on 360?

game looks great, demo is a bit short.

Andrew.

Banned
playing through the intro now. its awesome.

you know what would be great guys?

if people could refrain from spoiling the lines and jokes in the game for the first few days or so. very much unlike the last page or two. kinds ruins it a bit.

but since i cant trust people not to be fuckwads, ill stay out of this thread until i finish a play through.

Oh for christs sake.

Cheesey fucking one liners are not fucking spoilers. I guess we can all just discuss the incredibly deep and thought provoking storyline and mission structure instead.

Andrew.

Banned
They are when people are partially playing the game to hear cheesey one liners.

Half this game IS cheese. You cant come in here and not expect to be bombarded with people quoting lines from it. I mean if this is really an issue then the thread title should be spoiler tagged since it could really screw up someones experience.

Dyno

Played for a few hours and was entertained. The weapons are great, it looks nice, the Blood Dragons are a cool addition, and the dialogue is totally bonkers.

It's really good DLC! I think the length will be just long enough, which is admirable because there are lots of other devs. that would milk this idea for eight hours and charge us 60 bucks. It's also astute that the DLC isn't on the old island with the old characters. They realized we had enough of that by the end of the main game.

I hope we see more of this.

Andrew.

Banned
Played for a few hours and was entertained. The weapons are great, it looks nice, the Blood Dragons are a cool addition, and the dialogue is totally bonkers.

It's really good DLC! I think the length will be just long enough, which is admirable because there are lots of other devs. that would milk this idea for eight hours and charge us 60 bucks. It's also astute that the DLC isn't on the old island with the old characters. They realized we had enough of that by the end of the main game.

I hope we see more of this.

QFT. The primary thought running through my head the entire time Ive been playing so far has been "I cant believe this was 15 bucks."

National holiday today and I was planning to spend at least half the day plaing this. Now it's 4PM and Ubi's store still doesn't accept my key. Last time I'm using uplay.

Did you think you would just continue to get free stuff?
Other people who got the same graphics card and game (Far Cry 3) as me did.. so yeah I figured I would be included. It's not like they specified any dates when they announced the freebie. But maybe mine just hasn't been sent out yet, a lot of others are wondering too.
Starting May 1, any customer that has ever redeemed a code for our Never Settle Reloaded promotion is going to receive a FREE GAME KEY for Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon by email.

Top Bottom