• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Thornton & Freeman in a new tale from the Coen Brothers' world - Tues on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
The parking garage Stravos was at was named the Guftason Parking Garage (named after Wade Guftason).

I really, really love the attention to detail in this show. I was a bit worried about the direct references to the movies, but they've all been really good so far.

turtle553

The parking garage Stravos was at was named the Guftason Parking Garage (named after Wade Guftason).

I really, really love the attention to detail in this show. I was a bit worried about the direct references to the movies, but they've all been really good so far.

In the pilot, one of the store's on the street where Lester worked was Wade's Jewelry.

That was the best episode so far. This is such an amazing show. And what the crap with the raining fish. How, what....

Seriously, this show is Breaking Bad level awesome.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Wow. That was a great episode.

I'm one of those people that doesn't understand the raining fish. Can someone explain?

Look up Fish Falls, and researcher Charles Fort.

Phenomenon when, during storms, fish, frogs, etc, can be sucked up into the atmosphere by water spout/wind/tornado, and dumped miles away still alive.

Also see: Sharknado!

oh jeez, they named it after him, after what happens in the movie...

Grinchy

Banned
God damn what a great episode. I love this show so much. I really wish I waited until the season was over before I started watching it, because waiting a week between episodes is deadly.

Look up Fish Falls, and researcher Charles Fort.

Phenomenon when, during storms, fish, frogs, etc, can be sucked up into the atmosphere by water spout/wind/tornado, and dumped miles away still alive.

Also see: Sharknado!

What? So...the blizzard caused them to fall out of the sky? That whole scene totally went over my head as to how plausible something like that could actually be.

Hatchtag

Banned
Fish seem to be a running motive. Rewatching episode four, a bunch of hot girls pop up on the police computer for reasons still unexplained. But, rewatching it, I noticed they are all holding extremely large fish. Has this been explained yet?

Grinchy

Banned
Fish seem to be a running motive. Rewatching episode four, a bunch of hot girls pop up on the police computer for reasons still unexplained. But, rewatching it, I noticed they are all holding extremely large fish. Has this been explained yet?

And the guy in the trunk who froze to death in his panties was staring at a fish screensaver when Lorne Malvo grabbed him and dragged him out by his tie.

And this newest episode started with the fish being gutted and fried.

Definitely wasn't expecting an episode of The Last of Us tonight. That was quite an eventful last half, blizzard included.

Lester sure has shown himself to be more mentally deranged than expected. The plan to get out of the hospital was brilliant. For something that seemed like he thought it up on the whim, it worked well for him. Framing his brother and then planting a gun on the son is beyond fucked up. There could be some seriously bad consequences with that.

Malvo appears to be invincible..

That can't be the last of Solverson. It can't be.

Hatchtag

Banned
And the guy in the trunk who froze to death in his panties was staring at a fish screensaver when Lorne Malvo grabbed him and dragged him out by his tie.

And this newest episode started with the fish being gutted and fried.

Bob Odenkirk also has a giant fish on his wall. Watch him be behind all this lol.

EDIT: Rewatched episode four, and noticed when Malvo is standing atop the supermarket after the locusts, a plane flies by overhead. Makes me think this could be foreshadowing the "Plane dropped all the dead fish" theory.

Just caught the rerun.

Holy hell. What a show.

Really hope Molly is just wounded. Despite his ridiculous incompetence, I still want Gus and Molly to end up together.

Bob Odenkirk also has a giant fish on his wall. Watch him be behind all this lol.

EDIT: Rewatched episode four, and noticed when Malvo is standing atop the supermarket after the locusts, a plane flies by overhead. Makes me think this could be foreshadowing the "Plane dropped all the dead fish" theory.

I thought of the plane theory, but it's A) winter and B) there was no fire around for a plane to drop water on. My bet is the mega storm theory.

Superflat

Just watched. A lot of payoffs and cliffhangers in this episode, easily the most hectic one. A few leaps of logic as usual with Lester's hospital escape, CG fish, and magician Billy Bob, not to mention Molly just running off on her own and weirdly walking back silently so Tom Hank's son could shoot her silhouette. Real interesting developments are afoot. Liked the nod to the original film with the parking lot scene.

Excuse me, is it just me or might be this is a mistake? How could he be aiming trough paper?

MtgozU9.png

CwgxNnr.png

cackhyena

How much liberty are they taking with events here? Every episode, my wife is like " how can all of this be part of a true story?". We're one behind right now.

How much liberty are they taking with events here? Every episode, my wife is like " how can all of this be part of a true story?". We're one behind right now.

It's just not.

That's a quotation from the 1996 movie Fargo, where that line was also used at the beginning but wasn't true either. A joke, you might say.

cackhyena

It's just not.

That's a quotation from the 1996 movie Fargo, where that line was also used at the beginning but wasn't true either. A joke, you might say.
Ah, I see. We never saw the film. I knew the characterization and timing of events had to be fudged, but it was starting to get nutty.

Bandit1

"Some roads you shouldn't go down. 'Cause maps used to say, "It rains fish here." And now they don't. That doesn't mean the fish don't rain there."
- Lorne Malvo

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Fargo
Based on a true story.
The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 2006.
At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed.
Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred.

puuuulease.

great show though.

I am gonna miss Mr. Numbers and his friend :( Their scenes were so damn hilarious together. It was just so funny seeing a mute criminal communicating with sign language. Simply genius.

But we see that Hess was connected to way bigger fish than we originally thought. I think the next assassin is going to be the Irish dude with super heavy accent. Looking forward to his interaction with Malvo. Malvo is a total force of nature. He has the entire town beat.

Cygnus

Banned
Fargo
Based on a true story.
The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 2006.
At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed.
Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred.

puuuulease.

great show though.

You aren't meant to take that seriously.

I just keep hoping that Bilbo Baggins and Bad Santa meet again.

Bilbo Baggins? It's Tim goddammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom