• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Thornton & Freeman in a new tale from the Coen Brothers' world - Tues on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Bilbo has to be the most hate-able character next to almost every other cast member in The Walking Dead. Great episode as usual though.

Was I the only one that felt bad for Goldberg getting his neck slit? The gory depection made me feel bad about him dying. It's strange, because they're both killers who show no compassion, yet I just sad for him. I think that's damn good directing, of course.

The parking garage Stravos was at was named the Guftason Parking Garage (named after Wade Guftason).

I really, really love the attention to detail in this show. I was a bit worried about the direct references to the movies, but they've all been really good so far.

I haven't seen the movie in years. Was this shot at the same location?

Wow, Lester is a piece of shit. I was fairly ambivalent about his fate before this episode but now I want that fucker dead. Dead like Dennis. Damn, that was some brutal shit.

I was bummed to see Goldberg get got. I really liked him and the dynamic between him and his partner.

That whole white-out blizzard scene was amazing. Loved the shots of people stalking into and out of visibility.

Gus is an idiot.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Figures it would cut out for me right before all the good stuff. Recorded the rerun and caught up now. Wild episode. Poor Gus can't seem to do anything right. Malvo is too good. Lester's smile was the perfect way to end it.

Hatchtag

Banned
Bilbo has to be the most hate-able character next to almost every other cast member in The Walking Dead. Great episode as usual though.

I like Bilbo, I kinda hated his wife and brother much more (although his brother redeemed himself a bit).
But the most hateable character by far is Bob Odenkirk. Just such an idiot. Completely impedes everyone's progress.
I kind of have a far-fetched theory he's behind everything, but I'd still be incredibly surprised if it's true.

Effnine

Haven't seen anyone mention the whole "suicide by cop" sequence ... like the rest of the episode, I thought it was just spectacular and pure genius ...

again, everything went according to plan for every character

theres no way malvo would have made it alive after starsky and hutch showed up

and i was hoping to see malvo dead but no hes the smirking mastermind cause he imagined it so

this is such a stupid show but that part where starsky and hutch came out guns blazing was awesome

again, everything went according to plan for every character

theres no way malvo would have made it alive after starsky and hutch showed up

and i was hoping to see malvo dead but no hes the smirking mastermind cause he imagined it so

this is such a stupid show but that part where starsky and hutch came out guns blazing was awesome

There are some characters that act dumb. That doesn't make it a stupid show.

breakfuss

Was I the only one that felt bad for Goldberg getting his neck slit? The gory depection made me feel bad about him dying. It's strange, because they're both killers who show no compassion, yet I just sad for him. I think that's damn good directing, of course.

Are we sure he's dead though? A bit of a stretch but what if... what if he only suffered a damaged larynx and is now unable to talk?

what the fuck episode did you watch????

Lester is like the only character who everything went to plan for this episode, everyone else's plans went to shit or they ended up dead. Seriously wtf

yeah my bad i really just meant malvo, but lester really came out of that hospital pretty clean and thats pretty much possible because they purposefully made the hospital look real empty

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i just learned lester = bilbo. wheres that mind blown thread? (also, i feel stupid)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
We'll see if that all works out for Lester. He left his fingerprints all over the gun safe, although he could try to explain that away. And of course, his nephew saw him. He didn't say anything then, but that doesn't mean it won't come up later and lead to other discoveries about his little adventure.

Are we sure he's dead though? A bit of a stretch but what if... what if he only suffered a damaged larynx and is now unable to talk?

Didn't Gus stop to check his pulse and come up to say he was dead, and that's when he noticed Molly had continued into the storm?

Effnine

Also, how did Bilbo sneak back into the hospital so effortlessly when everyone was looking for him?

Who was looking for him? I'm pretty sure they never showed or addressed that ... they only showed the nurse finding the "lost" Creecher guy (or whatever his name was) ...

yyzjohn

Banned
Small Minnesota town during a blizzard. Sounds about right.

Yet Bilbo is able to drive around town planting evidence and get back to said hospital unnoticed with the no accumulation blizzard. This show is making it really difficult to suspend disbelief.

Konka

Banned
Yet Bilbo is able to drive around town planting evidence and get back to said hospital unnoticed with the no accumulation blizzard. This show is making it really difficult to suspend disbelief.

The ring makes him invisible.

Sorry you're not enjoying it. I am and I'm having no issue with it.

Helmholtz

This episode was pretty amazing. Probably the best so far. Everything's just starting to come together, and it's getting dark as hell. Can't wait to see what happens in the coming episodes.

Trouble

Banned
God I love this show. I kinda doubt Solverson is dead. I bet she was wearing a vest.

I loved the overly elaborate setup Lorne did to Don. It was completely unnecessary and will only lead to further scrutiny because of the obvious setup, but it just felt like something he would do. The man is a walking maelstrom of chaos, confusion and death.

Did we ever see the "Scrunyun" scene with Mr. Numbers that was in all of the previews? I guess it could show up as a flashback at some point.

I was wondering the same thing. Pretty sure we didn't both miss it.

Grinchy

Banned
I loved the overly elaborate setup Lorne did to Don. It was completely unnecessary and will only lead to further scrutiny because of the obvious setup, but it just felt like something he would do. The man is a walking maelstrom of chaos, confusion and death.

I loved it too. I don't think I understand it though. I missed what he said to Dennis. He said he wanted to set this up in case Stavros went to the cops? Like he wanted to get all the cops to flood to one location in case of that? I don't understand how it helps him.

I loved it too. I don't think I understand it though. I missed what he said to Dennis. He said he wanted to set this up in case Stavros went to the cops? Like he wanted to get all the cops to flood to one location in case of that? I don't understand how it helps him.

I can't tell if Malvo had just miscalculated there or if he just revels in the chaos.

SummitAve

Banned
i just learned lester = bilbo. wheres that mind blown thread? (also, i feel stupid)

It took me so long to realize that track suit guy is Dennis from It's always sunny. He kept reminding me of the Brad Pitt's character in the Coen's Burn After Reading.

Love the show! 10 episodes is perfect.

God I hate billybob Thornton's character so much

I can't believe people are impressed by him

I'm just waiting for his glorious death

I miss the Hebrew hammer ):

I hope his friend puts BBT in a wood chipper

Watch it be the other way around

God I hate this show

Is anyone put off by Lester's accent? All the accents were done so well in the original movie, but the way his British leaks through is distracting.

I don't think it leaks too bad

But I think he uses a bunch of different american accents what a wanker ehhhehehhhehhhe

Haha you think? Maybe it's just me, but this is one of the few times where I could the actor was British. Hugh Jackman, Andrew Garfield, Christian Bale, Nicole Kidman, etc. always fool me but maybe it's more to do with it being a Midwest accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom