• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Thornton & Freeman in a new tale from the Coen Brothers' world - Tues on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, this show. WOW.

Malvo reciting his questioning to dress good, feel good Lester. only for him to crumble once again in that instance and ultimatily prove how much of scumbag he is again at the end.

Amazing television.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm kinda hoping Lester wins in the end. Watch all the good guys die and the show ends with Lester winning the lottery.

Hatchtag

Banned
#TeamMalvo
I want the show to keep hinting that he's a supernatural being without ever proving or disproving it. For that to happen, he can't die.

Dennis

Banned
Malvo has "wings" of blood when we see him standing at the elevator.

Malvo says "since the Garden of Eden"

Malvo is a Fallen Angel.

Slacker

Malvo's lines were top notch as usual. Especially the one about losing the 100k bounty but still, "the look on his face when I pulled out the gun. Classic, huh?"

YYUAmFZ.png

sun-drop

Lester took a page from Walter White this episode...

Please, Walter wouldn't do that shit.

Lester is a snivelling little shit, has been the whole way through...why would anyone root for him?

I felt sorry for him to start with, the shiity wife etc, but with that personality becoming more apparent... He had what he deserved. The events since have wrongfully moved him up the foodchain, but that inbalance will hopefully get corrected soon..

ZeroX03

Banned

No, he'd just
poison a child
. He's a class act.

Lester has the respect for the audience not to let either of his wives live long enough to annoy us to death. He does in episode one what Walt couldn't do over five seasons. And then he did it again last night!

That scene between Malvo and Molly's dad was so intense. I just kept waiting and hoping it wouldn't go bad.

Lester is scum. They set you up to think maybe he will at least say "I love you" to his new wife before sending her to die but nope.

Slacker

Lester is scum. They set you up to think maybe he will at least say "I love you" to his new wife before sending her to die but nope.

That was a hilarious fast one pulled on the audience. We think he wants one last moment with her in case things go wrong, and then, "Put yer hood up, it's cold out there!" I quoted Malvo: "Well shit, Lester."

BigDug13

No, he'd just
poison a child
. He's a class act.

Lester has the respect for the audience not to let either of his wives live long enough to annoy us to death. He does in episode one what Walt couldn't do over five seasons. And then he did it again last night!

I liked his new wife though. Didn't think she was annoying at all.

Grinchy

Banned
I wonder what Lester's next move is. How can he explain the death of his second wife taking place in his own business?

Lester is a snivelling little shit, has been the whole way through...why would anyone root for him?

I felt sorry for him to start with, the shiity wife etc, but with that personality becoming more apparent... He had what he deserved. The events since have wrongfully moved him up the foodchain, but that inbalance will hopefully get corrected soon..

Walt
did the same exact thing in the s4 finale when he Gus' men were after him, he sent his neighbor into his house first to make sure it was safe. The only difference is that Walt's neighbor managed to survive.

There was a really cool switch in the conversation between Molly's dad and Malvo, when Molly's dad kinda stood up for himself. Like I started off thinking "Oh I hope he's okay" and then it switched to "Damn, Malvo's gunna get it."

Mogwai

Just watched episode 9. I'm speechless.

Malvo leaving that father and his two children after that speech was just epic. That bastard would really steal candy from children if he could.

Walt
did the same exact thing in the s4 finale when he Gus' men were after him, he sent his neighbor into his house first to make sure it was safe. The only difference is that Walt's neighbor managed to survive.

True, but Walt's neighbor wasn't his wife who just lied to the cops for him and professed how she always had a crush on him.

True, but Walt's neighbor wasn't his wife who just lied to the cops for him and professed how she always had a crush on him.

Yeah that's true, I think what Lester did was worse, just because it was his wife and she was actually killed, both events are similar in that they show both characters are cowards who like to pretend they're tough.

Joni, I think Lester talked to Malvo because he wanted to prove he wasn't a pushover anymore. Of course that turned out be a huge mistake.

Effnine

Lester is an idiot. Why even talk to the murderous guy?

He was on an ego high ... I was kind of hoping Malvo would just continue to fuck with Lester for an extended period of time (maybe years) ... just randomly showing up outside or around town, but never actually confronting Lester ... that would be more evil than just a quick shot to the head ... Living in constant fear and stress would be more deserving ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom