• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Dementia

Uh... would being signed out of PSN prevent me from getting the 'cake is not a lie' trophy for completing the Legend of Fat Princess?

I got auto-signed out for some reason about halfway through the story, and I didn't notice until after I completed the last mission.

Velsk

Neo Member
Dementia said:
Uh... would being signed out of PSN prevent me from getting the 'cake is not a lie' trophy for completing the Legend of Fat Princess?

I got auto-signed out for some reason about halfway through the story, and I didn't notice until after I completed the last mission.

The trophies seem a little delayed sometimes. I got the trophy for pecking someone to death as a chicken after I had shut down my PS3 for a while and started the game up again a few hours later. Maybe you'll get it when you start the game next time.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rummy Bunnz said:
I find it difficult to choose targets as a priest with the current setup, and I'm not sure it auto locks to the teammate with the lowest health. Maybe it's something that gets easier with practice.

Yeah. It should automatically swap to the nearest target with lower energy rather than stick to the fully restored one. I can still get the job done anyway by tapping L1 or by using the area healing action. Just played a whole match as a priest only and it was fun as fuck keeping my buddies alive during multiple waves of attackers.

Too bad the game ended abruptly because host left and shitty net code wasn't able to find a replacement. :/

Teknoman

Alright, going to pick it up tomorrow...but are there really as many bot matches running as people are making it out to be?

Also hope the online isnt completely busted for some people like Wipeout HD. That game is still amazing, yet the online never worked for me since day one. Still cant get past the " CONNECTION ERROR" screen before hitting the lobby there...

Whats worse is that the studio seems to be clueless as to whats causing it (can access lobby using other user profiles, but not the one main profile used to download the game). Then again, thats for another topic.

KWA223

Banned
I was so looking forward to playing this too :(

I get in one game the host leaves, I find another and it lags so bad the screen went black and I had to reset. I haven't been able to go online since.

patsu

haha, I tried about 14 times. Managed to play 4 games.

What are the advanced classes ?

How to turn people into chickens ?

Sentry said:
Wait, what? I must be missing something, what glitches? What feels chunky (did you play the game more than 10 minutes to get a hold on the controls)? What lag?

I dunno, im just not seeing any glitches, chunkiness or lag in online games. :s
Oh hey! Glad you posted this little bit of nonsense, because it inspired me to scroll back up and read your previous post, which I'd only skimmed. And I have to say...

Sentry said:
To all those going ballistic over not being able to get into an online match, chill.. the game just released, this is expected with every title nowadays yet each and every time there are meltdowns.
Shut up. It's disgusting how many people I see online who defend companies that sell non-working products. People have every right to be upset. Some people have limited free time and I can see why they'd want to spend that time playing the game they just bought rather than staring at a menu screen or not playing the game at all.

When I DID get in a game, I simply never leave it and im fine, plus the games are generally lag-free entirely, as well as quite stable in terms of frame rate. Note this is all while playing a game with a full 32 real live players running around wreaking havoc on each other.
Yeah, well you seem to be in the minority.

patsu said:
haha, I tried about 14 times. Managed to play 4 games.

What are the advanced classes ?
If the workers have harvested enough materials and leveled up the hat factories you can use the advanced classes. Once it's unlocked hit triangle to switch between regular and advanced.

How to turn people into chickens ?
There's a rainbow colored potion in the castle that turns enemies into chickens. I dunno if you have to meet certain requirements before it appears. There are also bombs that blow up real good. I think they drop from the worker building. It would be nice if they were a different color from the advanced worker bombs, but maybe they're supposed to blend in?

hesis

Neo Member
I tried to join an online game for about 30 and failed to get in.

However, I did try out the SP and the game is well, well worth the wait and money. I can already see how it'll improve with real people who can (hopefully) think intelligently. Will try again tomorrow.

ruffles

I had no problems in the room made for GAF. Played like five matches there. I still suck at this game but it's damn fun.

JKTrix

The games I had with GAF members tonight were great. Only one instance of lag from one guy (who eventually switched hosts). The glitches are kind of funny though. One that some of you might recall from tonight--red team stole blue's princess but dropped it, but the blue AI couldn't return it to the base because they couldn't navigate past the trampoline. Just stuck there jumping and jumping while everyone was having a bloodbath around it trying to change the situation.

When it works smoothly though, it's a blast. I think people should go through the single player first, or at least read through the tutorials before going online. You *can* just pick up the game and play, but you do need to know what you're doing and work with a team as well. It's almost impossible to go solo, because once you grab the princess the wrath of hell descends upon you, and there's nothing you can do about it because you move so slow and no one is there to back you up.

My statistics say I played this game for 6 hours tonight.

Edit--- extra tip that I don't think I saw people using: If you hit 'Up' on the Dpad in online, the nearest AI character to you will start following you around and attacking. Good if you want to try and take an outpost that's ignored, since two of you will get it done faster, or if you're a back attacker/supporter you can use the AI guy as a meat shield too. Press 'Down' to dismiss him if you find another AI with a class you prefer. Online you can only have one 'follower', but offline you can have more than one.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rummy Bunnz said:
It would be nice if they were a different color from the advanced worker bombs, but maybe they're supposed to blend in?

I think they are smaller than those you can pick up at the base.

ruffles

JKTrix said:
The games I had with GAF members tonight were great. Only one instance of lag from one guy (who eventually switched hosts). The glitches are kind of funny though. One that some of you might recall from tonight--red team stole blue's princess but dropped it, but the blue AI couldn't return it to the base because they couldn't navigate past the trampoline. Just stuck there jumping and jumping while everyone was having a bloodbath around it trying to change the situation.

Haha, yeah the princess got stuck in the spring thingy. Dunno how she got unstuck tho.

way more

I just don't like how the worker becomes somewhat useless after five minutes. At first it's just a mad dash to upgrade. Once that is done the class is kinda dull.

Played several games with Killgore, was pretty damn fun, still suck though, went straight to online multiplayer and got a but whoopin.

Strange, I was only able to join online games that a friend was already in, I couldn't connect to any random game.

Hypecube

Banned
I had an awesome game with Jimb0 and Liquidmetal and Wollan. We all had mics which made for some great teamwork.

Fat Princess = awesome.

patsu

TTP said:
Just be sure to keep your distance tho :lol

:lol :lol I dropped it on the enemies and missed. It turned all my comrades into red chickens (I was red).

Also after I won, I turned into a red grim reaper like character. I was able to swing a sickle to kill people. What's with that ?

mac said:
I just don't like how the worker becomes somewhat useless after five minutes. At first it's just a mad dash to upgrade. Once that is done the class is kinda dull.

Eh, it's pretty cool if you're on a level where you can break into the enemy base using the upgraded worker's bombs, and the bombs in general make him a load more dangerous than normal, especially in a guard tower - i've had more success killing people with the workers bombs than I have killing people with the warrior :/

patsu said:
Also after I won, I turned into a red grim reaper like character. I was able to swing a sickle to kill people. What's with that ?

Happens at the end of everygame, the winners turn into grim reapers and get to mercilesley kill the other team until the next round starts.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
mac said:

His bombs are lethal tho, and u still need it to repair castle gates or build/repair ladders/trampolines.

Not to mention feeding the princess.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
patsu said:
:lol :lol I dropped it on the enemies and missed. It turned all my comrades into red chickens though (I was red).

I think that happens to the top player in the leaderboards at the end of a match.

Hypecube

Banned
mac said:

Are you kidding. A working running backward while tossing bombs can not be killed by any other class in that game.

Workers are awesome.

hertog

Downloading it now.
PSN is awesome: Siren Bloodcurse, Ratchet and Clanck: search for booty, Wipeout HD & Fury, Flower, Trash panic, noby noby boy and now this.
Oh how I love my ps3.

Oh man, the Soccer map is a TON of fun :lol Just won a match 6-4, scored a couple but I spent most of the time as a worker building springboards and a goalkeeper :D

Can't believe how addictively fun this game is - the only downside (other than matchmaking) being that standard games can take too long if your team doesn't work together, or if you're stalemated against the opposing team.

careful

For those who were successful in playing this online with friends, how does the setup work?
Can you form a group/party together and the join into a game as a group? Or is it only 'join a friend'?
Can you invite a friend into your game? Do they join the same team?
Is the voice chat across your whole team?

Basically, take me through the process of starting the game up and playing on the same team as your friends voice chatting together. Thanks. :)

This game really is great and very addictive! Just hope it gets better to hop on matches quickly.

Anyway, if anyone wants to add me, it might be quicker to get into friends games:

PSN: ChackanKun

Edit: Now that I think of it, this month i've bought at least 1 game per week on the PSN.

Topatoi, Age of Booty, Battlefield, Wipeout Fury, Wild Arms 2 and Fat Princess. OMFG! :lol

Drame

There is something magical about a game, when you stay up to 4:30am to play it, and woke up early to play some more.

If some gaffer still hasn't got invited to the KilgoreTrouts chat room, throw a message to me on PSN and I'll invite you. I'll be online in few hours, after I get some breakfast.

Oh yeah,

warlord-1.jpg

Warlord! Not anymore :(

Drame said:
There is something magical about a game, when you stay up to 4:30am to play it, and woke up early to play some more.

If some gaffer still hasn't got invited to the KilgoreTrouts chat room, throw a message to me on PSN and I'll invite you. I'll be online in few hours, after I get some breakfast.

Oh yeah,

warlord-1.jpg

aw damnit, don't show me a stat screen and unlockables. I'm a whore for it. shit now i have to buy it -_-

RTYE said:
Shadow/holy priest combo is pretty deadly. :D

Yeah, he really is great - whenever i'm the priest I try and attatch myself to a Ranger, enemies die super quick when hit with the shadow priest beam and a barrage of arrows.

Ploid 3.0

Drame said:

Oh yeah,

warlord-1.jpg

Send me a invite (Ploid on psn), I'm going to try to free up some time to play this bad peach on the weekend.

Drame

Thrakier said:
So is it worth it? Can I buy the US version from Europe for 5€ less or are there any restrictions?

It's totally worth it, and I'm pretty sure you can buy the US version without any problems.

I really hope Titan releases a patch soon, the netcode works well when it works, but it's kinda drag to get going.

Also, Fat Princess really needs a guild system, I can't believe Titan didn't include it in the release.

Drame

euro stalker said:
can i join ?
i live in europe so i don't know about the connection
pm me if you add me so i can add you too

psn : Dark-Shaman

Of course, easiest way to join some gaf games is by adding your info to the online meet-up thread here

And join the GAF Fat Princess chat on PSN.

I just realized that I can regain health by staying still anywhere. In one of the games I played, people were telling each other you had to be next to a piece of cake to regain health.

The menu music that plays while the game is trying to connect started getting on my nerves, so I've been keeping my TV on mute. I also noticed that my attempts at connecting is added to my total playtime. It shows my total play time as 2:34, but I bet at least 40 minutes of that was me trying to connect to a game.

I really like this game but I think I'll wait until it gets stable before I play more. Hopefully that won't take too long.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
this shit dont work, i wants my fyking money back.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I played a couple of games last night and had no problems with connection or lag. I think a lot of other people must have had problems though because after only 2 games I was ranked 349th in the world :D

I was pleasantly surprised at how, when playing with random people, we quickly got to work quite organically taking different roles and helping each other. The only time I experienced a clusterfuck was in the Football (soccer) match where everyone was going crazy.

Barrett2

Can't wait to play some more this morning. Add me on PSN - lawblob

Generally didn't have any problems getting into matches yesterday, my only problem was the matches all suffered from lag. Nothing I would consider busted as of yet, hopefully its just part of launch hiccups.

Top Bottom