• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DIrtyWeasel said:
I just realized that I can regain health by staying still anywhere. In one of the games I played, people were telling each other you had to be next to a piece of cake to regain health.

lol but I can see why one can assume that since the character actually eats a slice of cake when he regens.

BTW, do we have to reach round 10 to win each gladiator challenge? I can barely make it past 6 :/

-Winnie-

From Australia here, and I cannot connect to any games no matter what I try. Which is quite annoying seeing as this is game is centred around its online play. >_>

Help, anybody?

-Winnie- said:
From Australia here, and I cannot connect to any games no matter what I try. Which is quite annoying seeing as this is game is centred around its online play. >_>

Help, anybody?

Gotta wait that they fix it or something. Kind of annoying yes :(

LiK

weird that so many people said they have login issues. i'm in the east coast and i joined an online game with zero problems. played fine with only slight stutter a few times. it was pretty smooth most of the time.

Ned

Neo Member
I got a game last night after a few disconnects but once I got in a group I just kept playing with them for a couple of hours. Really fun once I got going - I am addicted to building up/maintaining the base and getting cake. I really need to go on the offense more...:D

Belgand

Rummy Bunnz said:
There's a rainbow colored potion in the castle that turns enemies into chickens. I dunno if you have to meet certain requirements before it appears. There are also bombs that blow up real good. I think they drop from the worker building. It would be nice if they were a different color from the advanced worker bombs, but maybe they're supposed to blend in?

It appears when you've upgraded the Mage Hat Machine. The bombs will appear when you upgrade the Worker Hat Machine. As people have said the blast radius is slightly larger than the throw distance so get out of there after you toss it or throw it off a cliff at people or something.

Of the other complaints that have already been voiced the one that kind of gets to me, though minor, is that the trophies are all bronze. Some of the later ones (e.g. kill 88 people in one match without dying, hit 6+ people with all the area effect attacks in one match, etc.) are really tough and deserve at least a silver or possibly a gold in some cases. I mean, some of them are well thought out, but it feels like they just couldn't be bothered to attach any different values to them although they clearly indicate seem to recognize the tougher ones via the icons.

I'm also not being able to join games. It'll try to connect and then just drop me out. I'm in NAT Type 2 already and everything else seems solid, but it just doesn't want to go. A shame it doesn't even pull up a server list, but just does automatic only. I'd like the option to pick among servers a little bit more rather than just setting it as search parameters.

It's a lot of fun, but some of these things really make it feel a bit like it still needed a bit more polish. Yes, it was hotly anticipated, but considering the beta apparently had some trouble it might have needed a little bit longer before it was ready. For something like this you'd think they'd have run a second beta just before release to be certain that these issues were solved out in the wild and not just internally.

LiK said:
weird that so many people said they have login issues. i'm in the east coast and i joined an online game with zero problems. played fine with only slight stutter a few times. it was pretty smooth most of the time.

The problem isn't lag, at least i had no lag problems. The big problem is getting in a game lol

That and when the Host leaves. I tries to get a replacement but always fails so the session just goes off.

LiK

Ned said:
I got a game last night after a few disconnects but once I got in a group I just kept playing with them for a couple of hours. Really fun once I got going - I am addicted to building up/maintaining the base and getting cake. I really need to go on the offense more...:D

yea, i like being the worker sometimes. it's more relaxing just building up the fortress and being defensive.

Drame

ChackanKun said:
That and when the Host leaves. I tries to get a replacement but always fails so the session just goes off.

Yeah, that is really annoying, especially when you find a good game.

-Winnie- said:

Help, anybody?

I'm from Australia as well and I've had no trouble connecting to a couple of games.

Belgand

LiK said:
yea, i like being the worker sometimes. it's more relaxing just building up the fortress and being defensive.

I agree. I love being a worker, but it'd be a bit nice if they gave you a bit more to do. Most maps don't have a ton of stuff to build out in the field so once you've leveled up all your hat machines, the catapult, and built what else you can you don't have a lot more building tasks left.

What I think it really needs is a benefit to capturing the towers. Some are secret passages, but most of them don't really do much. Yeah, it's a tall place to shoot from, but sometimes it blocks your shots. What about a mild healing/defensive/offensive field or something? Maybe even just the ability to respawn there? A lot of people have already reported that many games can take quite a while for someone to get the upper hand (or, well, the AI not being very good at working together to get the princess out) and it can be hard to take and hold the towers so some sort of benefit like this would help to keep the momentum going and give the controlling player a strong advantage. Right now aside from being a depot for workers to drop resources off at there isn't a lot of reason to bother in the mid to late game.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
-Winnie- said:

Help, anybody?

Also had issues. However there seems to be a few of us in the ausgaf thread with the game. I might try get all the names added and get an ausgaf ps3 chatroom going over the weekend so we can just jump into a single game together.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
mac said:
I just don't like how the worker becomes somewhat useless after five minutes. At first it's just a mad dash to upgrade. Once that is done the class is kinda dull.
People just don't know how to play yet so they don't bother destroying buildings, and don't realize you can carry a bomb out of base with any class. I think the siege weapons can be destroyed by the big bombs so you'll need at least one worker around to rebuild them. They also repair the doors, the shortcut, etc. It's not a class you want too many of though once the upgrade phase is over.

Belgand said:
I agree. I love being a worker, but it'd be a bit nice if they gave you a bit more to do. Most maps don't have a ton of stuff to build out in the field so once you've leveled up all your hat machines, the catapult, and built what else you can you don't have a lot more building tasks left.

What I think it really needs is a benefit to capturing the towers. Some are secret passages, but most of them don't really do much. Yeah, it's a tall place to shoot from, but sometimes it blocks your shots. What about a mild healing/defensive/offensive field or something? Maybe even just the ability to respawn there? A lot of people have already reported that many games can take quite a while for someone to get the upper hand (or, well, the AI not being very good at working together to get the princess out) and it can be hard to take and hold the towers so some sort of benefit like this would help to keep the momentum going and give the controlling player a strong advantage. Right now aside from being a depot for workers to drop resources off at there isn't a lot of reason to bother in the mid to late game.
They're also useful as a healing spot, when you get hurt you can just run inside and eat cake.

Purist

Neo Member
hertog said:
already love the SP. Have to go to work in about an hour.
But I will try out the MP asap.

My psn is Hertogdaan

SP is almost like a tutorial. But at least you can get started right away. Online is smooth but takes a while to connect.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah I have not been able to connect to a single game during the 12 hours I have owned it either.. I am hoping I will be able to join the GAF games which will be going on though.

nickrempe

Neo Member
Can't wait to download this when I get time this weekend. I hope that everyone is getting decent matches online, that would kill me if this game dropped the ball online. So far I am not seeing a lot of people complaining.

icechai

kinda weird default control is attack on square instead of r1, especially when you can switch lock on targets with the right analog. right analog really is useless with attack on square when you are trying to voice chat with r2 (where is auto voice chat option?). Again, some polishing issues along with the connectivity and clans. Also saw a fat princess get stuck on a spring yesterday by a cliff lol. Patch please :)

Ebisamaru

Neo Member
ERM i cant connect to 1 fng game online, 50 mbit connection here aswell, arghhhh

Id add to people thinking of buying this title to hold off till they sort the network play out, or lack of it. :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
When we were playing last night, we had really good games. My connection can handle the stress so when I post the game later today come on in. It was a blast last night. And to the launch day complaints, let it sit as the game has been out less than a day.

Full 32p. The only things I can't figure is how to switch the modes as it lets us vote on the next map but not the type of match.

It is interesting to hear that people are having connection issues. I havent had one issue with connecting to a game. I have Nat 2 but I live in Denver. Is it possible the people that are having issues live in a high volume area?

TTP said:
lol but I can see why one can assume that since the character actually eats a slice of cake when he regens.

BTW, do we have to reach round 10 to win each gladiator challenge? I can barely make it past 6 :/

I hear ya. I get to round 7 and I am done. How the heck are people lasting to 12 and so on? It doesn't seem like there is a lot of strategy, what am I missing?

Drame

LiquidMetal14 said:
When we were playing last night, we had really good games. My connection can handle the stress so when I post the game later today come on in. It was a blast last night. And to the launch day complaints, let it sit as the game has been out less than a day.

Full 32p. The only things I can't figure is how to switch the modes as it lets us vote on the next map but not the type of match.

If I remember right you can switch the modes, just by pressing left and right while you're making the game. When you have the gametype highlighted, of course.

-Winnie- said:

Help, anybody?

I have that problem to i am from Puerto Rico and i also try anything and it would not connect,it just gave me and error what gives.

GodofWine

I love this game...no problem connecting in the Philly area.

Such a refreshing take on the online 'shooter' (used loosely). Its like playing a cartoon.

I have a new nickname for my 2 month old daughter now too, 'fat princess' (baby fat):lol

I got this last night and played a bit of the single player campaign with my girlfriend to learn the game, then turned it off to watch baseball. Single player was great fun, I can't wait to get in on the multiplayer.

PSN: HayabusaAllRPG

I will be playing tonight after work :D

Drame

I'll be online for ~ hour or so, not hosting games though, as my connection can't host big games.

Anyway, if you still haven't got the invite to gaf chat, pm me on PSN and I'll add you.

Gibb

Drame said:
There is only a single player option for local play.
That is such a shame.. I just found out myself.. no local co-op.. this game needs local co-op badly.. hope it is coming with a patch or something =(

Drame

Gibb said:
That is such a shame.. I just found out myself.. no local co-op.. this game needs local co-op badly.. hope it is coming with a patch or something =(

Multiplayer was patched to Noby Noby Boy, so there is always hope.

Purist

Neo Member
I just wish I knew how you can tell what a hat-machine needs to have it upgraded. As a worker, I kept feeding a machine the metal deposits, and a +1 appeared above the machine, but it never upgraded. Or maybe it already was upgraded. Does every machine need basically 3 logs and 3 metals?

Nachkebia

Banned
Man, I love it, they need to keep comunity alive, bring on some updates and maps, just like TF2, also they need to do some crazy stuff....

Top Bottom