• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Has anyone else open up the credits (its labeled "Bragging Rights"). The song used in the credits was unexpected but its fitting. :lol

Velsk

Neo Member
The song in the credits is awesome and I love how all the enemies in the arena coincide with the dev team names. But why is Epic Games credited? FP isn't using UE3, is it? I haven't noticed any texture pop-in.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I was able to get into the first game I attempted to join and it wasn't laggy at all. Since then I've only been able to get into one game that turned red after ~15 minutes :(

P2P hosting isn't ideal but this is ridiculously bad. The delay in attempting to connect to a game and the throw back to a menu screen when it fails is just bad programming. I know I have a bad NAT but I have no issues quickly finding Crash Commando games I can connect to using a server list that lets mw pick among the available games by ping time, etc. If done right the fact that you get a ping time a lso means it's possible to connect to the game, games with no ping not. I also hope the amount of time it sits attempting to connect is due to issues related to the release because this game isn't worth buying if it normally takes that long to attempt to connect to a game.

The other issue with automatic matchmaking like this is that players don't know how many servers there are. More would host a game if they knew there weren't many games to join.

eznark

Banned
Only been able to get into one MP game, which was a f'ing blast. Hope they get the kinks worked out soon, this game is dope.

Im in love with the Fat Bitch! Game offers so many styles of play, there is a job for you no matter what your mood your in. I was having fun being a priest and just running around healing people. I had fun sticking around the base just feeding the fat bitch cake. I had fun being an archer and holding down a tower. Of course trying to be part of the team that rescues the princess is fun but im just amazed at how fun doing all the support jobs are.

I have so many games to play.

Edgeward

raziel said:
how is the sp?

Better than expected, but MP is where it's really at... when it works. Going through the story mode it goes about each map with a new type of objective. The AI is fairly competent but will usually be at a stalemate in terms of effectiveness without your direct actions.

Like I've noticed how no real progress was made when I was busy as a worker and mining, especially in deathmatch. It was only when I became a warrior, mage, or any attack class that my AI started to be super effective and became a rolling death tank. Deathmatch can take forever though. Not my cup of tea.

Kafei

Neo Member
h4k said:
Anyone got tips on how to excel in this game? I just played for an hour and it's fun but I feel like I'm too noob-like.

2 quick questions:

950928_20090602_screen010.jpg

What is the "1" representing to the left of 1040 (the points of the user)?

I noticed on the player list that every "real person" has a white icon except one who has this crown icon. Is that person the "king" or something?

the 1 is your rank, meaning that ur ranked #1 in the game and have the most points.
as for the crown question, i really have no clue, since i have yet to go online.

Just had a couple awesome Deathmatch games as the Priest. Even got #1 once, that's unheard of for me!

Oh wait, it looks like they were Invasion matches, and I'm currently #106 in that category. Yay.
Will be far gone from there soon I bet

Oh I think the crown is the host, probably.

god i hope they work out some of these kinks, when i was able to get into a game it was some of the most fun i've had in multiplayer in awhile

kevm3

If you're having trouble playing online, just create your own game and play until other players start joining in.

Rlan said:
Battlefield 1943 $14.99USD, Fat Princess $14.99USD.
Battlefield 1943 $19.95AUD, Fat Princess $23.95AUD

Fuck you SCEU.

Buy it from the US store. That's what I'll do if I buy it. Works out to $18.12 AU that way.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Played a game online and was having fun till I realized only 2 other people were actual players ... somehow that made me turn the game off :|

Loving it though, will play more later.

sca2511

Raging Spaniard said:
Played a game online and was having fun till I realized only 2 other people were actual players ... somehow that made me turn the game off :|

Loving it though, will play more later.
yeah, hopefully there will be much more players later.

Haven't been able to join an online game yet, which is frustrating as hell. Played offline which is tons of fun and can't wait to be able to play online without issues!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Tried to connect to a match 10 times. No luck. Turned game off in disgust. I've just had terrible luck getting games on PS3 to play well online. =/

KGKK

Banned
Bought the game!! Finally!!
The credits:lol :lol My god!
Single player is fun and gives you a good idea on the maps/gameplay.
It took me several times to finally join an online game and after a couple of games when I was getting my groove on the host kicked me out. "Oh no, what did you do, the host has kicked you out":lol

Anyways I need more people on the friends list to be playing this game.

Add me folks

PSN: KGKK

depward

TheExodu5 said:
I guess I'm one of the lucky users. No problems connecting to matches, and everything seemed relatively lagless.

30fps is a major letdown though. :(

Joined your game for a bit; no problems for me either. Jumped out, took a break, did a "quick match" (forgot the actual name) and at first it was just me and some other guy but in about 5 minutes it had about 16 humans in there.

Very fun - I'm enjoying it!

Dre

I just realized that I played the multiplayer for 5 consecutive hours. :lol
This game is truly addictive, connecting has been hassle free for me, but I am experiencing some minor lag (that damn snail in the bottom left doesn't want to go away).

I also can not fathom how you are supposed to kill 88 guys without dying, my longest killing streak was 13. :lol

KaYotiX

Banned
got this today, send me a FR Kayotix is my tag, plan to be on alot once the online is all working right. Its a very fun game once you get in:D :D

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
If anybody is still interested in seeing how bad matchmaking is, I have a bit of data.
I'm going to keep tracking this and might update this later.

After a successful connect I went and played (Edit: I changed that policy to get more data.), so I don't know how useful it is, but here it goes anyway:

Code:
| Attempt | Start                  | End                    | Success | Wait in Min |
|---------+------------------------+------------------------+---------+-------------|
|       1 | <2009-07-31 Fri 04:43> | <2009-07-31 Fri 04:44> | No      |           1 |
|       2 | <2009-07-31 Fri 04:45> | <2009-07-31 Fri 04:46> | No      |           1 |
|       3 | <2009-07-31 Fri 04:48> | <2009-07-31 Fri 04:49> | No      |           1 |
|       4 | <2009-07-31 Fri 04:49> | <2009-07-31 Fri 04:51> | Yes     |           2 |
|       5 | <2009-07-31 Fri 05:22> | <2009-07-31 Fri 05:23> | No      |           1 |
|       6 | <2009-07-31 Fri 05:27> | <2009-07-31 Fri 05:28> | No      |           1 |
|       7 | <2009-07-31 Fri 05:29> | <2009-07-31 Fri 05:30> | No      |           1 |
|       8 | <2009-07-31 Fri 05:30> | <2009-07-31 Fri 05:31> | Yes     |           1 |
|       9 | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:16> | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:17> | No      |           1 |
|      10 | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:19> | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:20> | Yes     |           1 |
|      11 | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:20> | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:21> | No      |           1 |
|      12 | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:22> | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:23> | No      |           1 |
|      13 | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:23> | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:24> | No      |           1 |
|      14 | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:25> | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:25> | No      |           0 |
|      15 | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:26> | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:27> | Yes     |           1 |
|      16 | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:28> | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:29> | No      |           1 |
|      17 | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:30> | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:31> | No      |           1 |
|      18 | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:33> | <2009-07-31 Fri 06:34> | No      |           1 |
|---------+------------------------+------------------------+---------+-------------|
| Results |                        |                        | 22%     |         1.0 |

Head, and eyes hurt so bad from playing 7 hours straight. :lol

Great game, hope they fix the issues with matchmaking quick. Quitting can be a pain too. Even with the issues, I sure don't regret buying it.

TheExodu5

Banned
xero273 said:
so i'm new to this gafchat thing. Do some of you use a usb keyboard to type so fast?

I use this bluetooth keyboard:

Logitech Cordless Mediaboard Pro
logitech-cordless-mediaboard-pro-2.jpg

(the X and O are reversed in screenshots online, for some reason. X is Enter, and O is Esc)

ha1f

Playing in a game where people don't work together/don't have mics is the ultimate frustrating and non-fun experience.

Snipes424

I am getting so fucking angry @
the lava level in sp
The ai is too dumb to enter the castle and it's impossible to solo get the princess back.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tried to connect 5 times...but when I did, I was able to go for about 2hours before the host quit.

Not sure if it's worth the money so far. I like the setting and the art style, but man...the people you play with don't have a mic, are douchebags, and there's no coordination, just mayhem. I was only 1 of 2 workers actually fixing shit. When I got tired of it, I took over the base near the opponent's castle and just started tossing bombs. I had pretty much everyone's attention, but my fucking team still didn't get the hint.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Kuro Madoushi said:
Tried to connect 5 times...but when I did, I was able to go for about 2hours before the host quit.

Not sure if it's worth the money so far. I like the setting and the art style, but man...the people you play with don't have a mic, are douchebags, and there's no coordination, just mayhem. I was only 1 of 2 workers actually fixing shit. When I got tired of it, I took over the base near the opponent's castle and just started tossing bombs. I had pretty much everyone's attention, but my fucking team still didn't get the hint.
Keep an eye on this thread as I will rehost full 32p matches often

Diagol

mgviperman said:
Good games tonight guys. Diagol is a freaking beast!

Haha thanks man! I wasn't even part of the beta...today was my first day ever playing it! :D

For the record, I do have a headset, but it died on me right at the beginning. I'll have it ready for tomorrow.

Lets play again sometime!

Nemesis_

Thanks guys, just making sure. I wish it was a little more clear, like on the Xbox which has STRICT, MODERATE and OPEN.

Either way, I thought that was why I couldn't access a game. But it seems that people are having problems anyway.

Funny game. Loads of character. Ridiculous credits! :lol But I guess I'm not feelin' it. After 2+ hours and two straight games, it feels like the princess capturing really drags on too long in a stalemate. Gut impression is that it's almost too complex for its own good, in a way?

Will give it another try on the weekend.

Top Bottom