• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Ploid 3.0

Teknoman said:
Everyone's gotta get a headset. Bluetooth, USB, whatever, just get one :D

I'll be able to play this weekend, how are you guys getting together? Who should I look to adding to the flist? Man I wish we could do like warhawk and lock a gaf room with believe password.

eznark

Banned
I have the nice Sony headset. I think this is one of the most vocal games I've played on PS3, aside from MLB09 with friends.

patsu

Chromax said:
WOW that was sad...

I went to steal our princess back and I picked up a cake that was right in front of her by accident, so I dropped it and she ate it and I made her bigger. -_-

:lol

Has anyone mentioned the "Ring Sting" trophy? I wondering if there might be a typo in it. It says "Burn, freeze, heal, AND Curse 6 players" at the same time in an online game."

I'm wondering if it's supposed to be "Burn, freeze, heal, OR Curse 6 players" because getting 6 people in a ring isn't that difficult, but how in the frick are you supposed to do all that at once? You'd need to be a Mage and Priest at the same time!

ruffles

Ploid 3.0 said:
I'll be able to play this weekend, how are you guys getting together? Who should I look to adding to the flist? Man I wish we could do like warhawk and lock a gaf room with believe password.

I'll add you and then I can invite you to the GAF PS3 chatroom or if you see me in a game just join.

netguy503

For the people that asked...from ps3trophies.org:

Half the Calories Eat Twice as Much
- Feed the Princess 1500 calories of food in a single online game
Pick up cake and keep feeding it to the Princess. Keep in mind that after a while you can’t feed the Princess anymore until she puts off some of those unwanted pounds. This is easy to do as the Worker since you're not involved in battle as much. It should take 15 cakes to get 1500 calories worth.

Thuggee
- Kill 88 enemies in a single online game without dying
This is the toughest Trophy in the game. Getting 88 kills in a single game is already tough, but don't worry though because Slickdan has come up with a solution (but is bandwidth dependent):

Ok so I found an easy way to get 88 kills without dying and without boosting. It's cheap but hey it works. Pick play with others and then pick control freaks. Choose the soccer map and start the game. You will be playing with all bots but it is considered online. Look around til you find the worker hat that also has the 2nd level to it (with the bombs). The map is so small that everyone goes for the soccer ball. When everyone is in the corner it is time to rack up the kills! Keep throwing bombs into the group and you will see death and carnage galore! This is also a very easy way to get the 6 kills in 1 second trophy too. Everyone starts as a villager so a bomb kills them in one hit. If you get hit or some random bot decides to mess with you just run away and you can rest in the corner somewhere. Nobody will mess with you. I was able to kill over 100 bots without even coming close to dying. So there you go. It only seemed like one of the hardest trophies to acquire. Easy as cake...

Been playing it all day and im only stopping because I havent slept since 25 hours ago(I work night shift)

The game is awesome and lived up to my expectations. I really wish we had custom soundtracks though because the BGM gets old after awhile =/

Muffinman

Banned
widgetraf said:
So how do i play games with GAF? I just got the game 2 hours ago and I'm already tired playing PUGs :(

PSN ID: widgetraf

No offense, but doogie Howser keeps staring at me, it's freaking me out man ! :lol

Yeef

I was just in a game where the other team was dominating us with a blitz straight from the get-go. My team was so disorganized that it looked like we didn't have a chance, but then a bunch of us noticed that the entire south-side of the map was empty (it was the pirate map) and there were only two people guarding their princess. So we snuck around that way took care of the guards and rushed the princess back to our base and ended up winning.

It's really interesting in these early days seeing the different strategies people come up with. I ran into a mage that would charge, go into the outpost door and jump off and release his attack. Seems like a good way to protect an outpost if the other team doesn't have any dark priests yet.

Yeef

Blu_LED said:
Why would you make all the trophies in your game Bronze? I don't see the logic behind that.
Because games are only allocated a certain number of 'points.' I know retail games are 1,200 but I'm not sure about downloaded games.

Bronze = 15 points
Silver = 30 points
Gold = 90 Points
Platinum = 180 points

Yeef said:
Because games are only allocated a certain number of 'points.' I know retail games are 1,200 but I'm not sure about downloaded games.

Bronze = 15 points
Silver = 30 points
Gold = 90 Points
Platinum = 180 points
I thought that was proven false. Some games just don't add up.

Yeef

Blu_LED said:
I thought that was proven false. Some games just don't add up.
Maybe it was. I only heard of it because I was bored at work one day and Googled it. :p

But when I checked the trophies I've gotten it all worked out using those numbers and a quick check of my PSN games without hidden trophies (Fat Princess, Flower and Linger in Shadows) all add up to the same amount using those numbers (315).

profit said:
Indeed!
Nerf mages plx
We thought this was crazy:

6o0e0x.jpg

Take a look at this:
1564dmp.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

hugejeans

Neo Member
Could someone please explain the importance of the outposts.

I know if you are a worker and the outpost is in your colour ,you can dump wood and metal in them.

Then how do you retreve your stockpile to upgrade the classes?

Can you warp to outposts?

I am enjoying the game just wish the instructions were better.Or do you play the single player to get a better understanding.

You don't need to retrieve it. Any wood and metal you dump in your outpost or your base automatically adds to the team's stockpile. After that, you just take your worker up to one of the hat machines, hold L1, and hold square.

Fox1304

Nice game with gaf last night.
Starting to get the hang of the system, and liking it more and more !
Priest is awesome.

profit

KilgoreTrout said:

*pic of overpowered mage score*

Take a look at this:
*pic of probably another overpowered mage score*
so.... playing a mage? :lol

And damn at that picture with me only having 900 points :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
netguy503 said:
Thuggee
- Kill 88 enemies in a single online game without dying
This is the toughest Trophy in the game. Getting 88 kills in a single game is already tough, but don't worry though because Slickdan has come up with a solution (but is bandwidth dependent):

Ok so I found an easy way to get 88 kills without dying and without boosting. It's cheap but hey it works. Pick play with others and then pick control freaks. Choose the soccer map and start the game. You will be playing with all bots but it is considered online. Look around til you find the worker hat that also has the 2nd level to it (with the bombs). The map is so small that everyone goes for the soccer ball. When everyone is in the corner it is time to rack up the kills! Keep throwing bombs into the group and you will see death and carnage galore! This is also a very easy way to get the 6 kills in 1 second trophy too. Everyone starts as a villager so a bomb kills them in one hit. If you get hit or some random bot decides to mess with you just run away and you can rest in the corner somewhere. Nobody will mess with you. I was able to kill over 100 bots without even coming close to dying. So there you go. It only seemed like one of the hardest trophies to acquire. Easy as cake...

I can only host 12. Can't get to 88 before the time runs out :/

Drame

KilgoreTrout said:

That's me, awesome![IMG]

Take a look at this:
[IMG]What the
:lol :lol :lol

Do you agree with me now KilgoreTrout, mages are the best for point farming. :lol Almost 9000 points, dear god.

Although my score would have been higher, but we agreed to end the game, and seems that your team lost because of the farming. :lol

We should try sometime, just how many points we can get in Snatch n' Grab.

Just gaf team on one side, and randoms on the other, should be fun.

kevm3

This game is great. It's not really about super classes or lone wolfing. It's all about strategy and teamwork. Can't wait to play once I get back home. I hope they will make an expansion with new classes and maybe actual siege machines like a battering ram or huge crossbow. I'd also like more level interactivity.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
kevm3 said:
This game is great.

If only I could play this online. I have played it TWICE out of TWENTY attempts, both times games ended abruptly because host left and no replacement was found. Very shitty online set up for an online only game.

profit

Drame said:
Just gaf team on one side, and randoms on the other, should be fun.

Well we did that yesterday, was quite fun. Especially when someone said: okay I got enough points now, lets end this. We just rushed in, grabbed the princess and it was over. We were really just playing with the other team :lol

Drame

profit said:
Well we did that yesterday, was quite fun. Especially when someone said: okay I got enough points now, lets end this. We just rushed in, grabbed the princess and it was over. We were really just playing with the other team :lol

And who could be that special someone, it couldn't have been some mage with over 8000 points could it? ;)

profit

Drame said:
And who could be that special someone, it couldn't have been some mage with over 8000 points could it? ;)
It wasnt that match, it was the one where you had 5000

But yeah it was you, still need to learn the GAFfers

Drame

profit said:
It wasnt that match, it was the one where you had 5000

But yeah it was you, still need to learn the GAFfers

Oh right, I agreed to end the match, but now I hope I wouldn't have.

After seeing KilgoreTrouts absolutely ridiculous score. :lol

Is anyone else having trouble playing online? It keeps sending me back to the main menu saying that there was a slight problem connecting to the host. I was only able to get into two online games today, and they were both populated by mostly bots and only a few players.

My internet connection is great and I have never had any issues with gaming online my PS3, is this due to a rough launch or something?

MisterAnderson said:
Is anyone else having trouble playing online? It keeps sending me back to the main menu saying that there was a slight problem connecting to the host. I was only able to get into two online games today, and they were both populated by mostly bots and only a few players.

My internet connection is great and I have never had any issues with gaming online my PS3, is this due to a rough launch or something?

Yeah today (in England) I haven't been able to connect to any game. I've tried 6 times. It does exactly what you explained to me too. I guess I'll just have to go back to play some more inFamous. I've only played 3 games online in totoal and I've completed the single player story mode.

Yeah I completed the single player mode as well (Goddamn that last level pissed me off since I had no idea you could build that damn catapult thing...the bots would never reach the enemy castle without it).

Anyway, I read some of the previous page and it seems that GAF has been hosting games, could whoever is hosting matches add me?

PSN: Leonidas2123

The game looks to be fucking awesome with a bunch of real players in game, and I'd love to play a real match soon :D

MisterAnderson said:

If you have a good connection - try hosting your own games! I can host up to 30 people, so I just create my own game and wait for it to fill up - usually after just 1 or 2 rounds i've got a room full of 30 people, it just works so much better for me and isn't as soul-destroyingly annoying as waiting for matchmaking to connect me.

Bootaaay said:
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the gametype between matches if you're the host?

Anyone? I was hoping to find out before I hosted my next game.

Drame

Bootaaay said:
Anyone? I was hoping to find out before I hosted my next game.

Just have the game type highlighted, like Princess Rescue and just push left and right to change the game type.

Bootaaay said:
If you have a good connection - try hosting your own games! I can host up to 30 people, so I just create my own game and wait for it to fill up - usually after just 1 or 2 rounds i've got a room full of 30 people, it just works so much better for me and isn't as soul-destroyingly annoying as waiting for matchmaking to connect me.

Good idea. I guess I had assumed (yet hoped I was wrong) that it was a Castle Crashers-esque network code problem or something and no one could join any games.

The next time I play I'll try hosting if I can't join.

profit

Drame said:
Oh right, I agreed to end the match, but now I hope I wouldn't have.

After seeing KilgoreTrouts absolutely ridiculous score. :lol
The funny thing was, I was falling half asleep then (was getting kinda late here), and I thought we were actually having problems breaking through their defense :lol

BeeDog

Decided to purchase it despite all the reported online problems (don't have anything to play on my PS3 :p ). Good stuff so far, only played a bit in singleplayer and did the Thuggee tip above (worked great, got a 110 kill streak).

Top Bottom