• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

I probably won't be playing Thursday, but I will be playing Friday for sure.

I decided I was gonna go visit my parents this week, and they don't have internet. I'm using my iPhone for internet. It's annoying doing all these edits. :lol

Quixzlizx

This is sweet. I still have a bunch of GAFfers on my friends list from the beta, so hopefully it won't be too hard for me to get into a game (I really hope they fixed the netcode).

Day1, but i hope the lag on many servers was just a beta thing... please have a good retail version so a fanbase can build and the servers won't be wasteland after 4 weeks :/

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hot holy dog shit!!!! It's time, it's time. I have been eyeballing this game since it was announced and played it at E3 to the point where I had to force myself to put in the controller down!

I don't have a headset but I'll have to borrow one from my friend who got the Socom one and never plays. I'ts on, it's on. Crossing fingers for no network problems and hopes it's smooth as butter. And I also cross my fingers that they left out server browsing.

D3VI0US said:
Like Shatter, no demo, no sale.

I'm a no demo, no buy kind of guy too so I hope they have one. They've been working on it for long enough. I played it at E3 for about 20 minutes so that was good enough for me to secure a sale day one.

D3VI0US said:
Like Shatter, no demo, no sale.
You could say that about every game, man. Look at a video and see if it's for you. I highly doubt you're chomping at the bit to play it anyway, so why get something you're not interested in either way?

Frawdder

Awesome news. This has voice chat, right? Better go and get a headset. Like others have said, hopefully the lag isn't too bad, looking forward to playing with and against some GAFers.

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
You could say that about every game, man. Look at a video and see if it's for you. I highly doubt you're chomping at the bit to play it anyway, so why get something you're not interested in either way?
A video you say? Well, no need for demos when we have videos.

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
I highly doubt you're chomping at the bit to play it anyway, so why get something you're not interested in either way?

So you need to either be super hyped or completely uninterested? My god what has the internet done?

Moobabe

Are all of you no demo no sale people the same for retail? Presumably you didn't buy mgs 4 until recently and haven't purchased gta 4 as well?

Moobabe said:
Are all of you no demo no sale people the same for retail? Presumably you didn't buy mgs 4 until recently and haven't purchased gta 4 as well?
R.e.n.t.a.l.

Not to mention the fact that you can sell on retail games if you don't like them.

Razorskin

----- ------
I was in the beta and didn't really enjoy it with the lag. The few lag free games I did play were pretty good and there's a lot of ways to help your team out. Like being a worker and upgrading the hat machines, making ladders and jump pads or feeding the princess more cake.

I'll wait for a demo or good reviews to justify purchase.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Speaking of headsets, I really need to dig up my Nokia headset. That one has gone missing since the R:FOM days :lol

Also gotta say the beta impressions have me worried... I hope this delay was for the better. D:

I think I'll wait for some impressions before jumping in, the beta was terrible and they still hadn't fixed some of the game breaking problems by the end of the beta. (which they updated at least twice, possibly more as I gave up when all the characters on screen disappeared for entire games at a time)

Tom Penny

KilgoreTrout said:
What? $15 is a totally reasonable price with what you're getting.

Well the only thing that might make me buy it is that it does have SP. I didn't thinkg 1943 was worth the money so I didn't buy that either.

Rorschach

Tom Penny said:
Well the only thing that might make me buy it is that it does have SP. I didn't thinkg 1943 was worth the money so I didn't buy that either.
It has single player, but it's nothing to write home about. It's basically to get players acquainted with the game. Sounds like you don't like MP games, so this wasn't gonna get bought either way.

Moobabe

Tom Penny said:

It was only 3 maps though. FP seems to have a lot more content.

TheExodu5

Banned
Tom Penny said:

BF1943 was a fantastic deal for the money.

noah111

Still Alive
Mudkips said:
Awwww shit.
Thursday? $15? No demo? Fuck.

Pass for now. :(
You would have had me at $9.99, or maybe with a demo.
Tom Penny said:
No demo. $14.99 = Fail
= stfu, gtfo

Seriously though, 15 bucks is a reasonable price for all the maps, modes etc your getting, and what about no demo? The fuck, what do you need a demo for, just look at that fat ass princess, like what you see = buy, don't = pass, you don't need a bloody demo for every game.

Ugh, come on people...

Tom Penny

Rorschach said:
It has single player, but it's nothing to write home about. It's basically to get players acquainted with the game. Sounds like you don't like MP games, so this wasn't gonna get bought either way.

Yeah. I only have over 900+ hours in one of the MP games I play on one server....

Goddammit, Thursday??

... think I'm gonna pass on this one for now, until I actually have time to play it. Too many games on my plate at the moment. lol

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I feel like after the delays and the lack of hype... something went wrong with the game. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Shadow780

YESSSSSSSSSSS, FINALLY.

Mudkips said:
Awwww shit.
Thursday? $15? No demo? Fuck.
Pass for now. :(
You would have had me at $9.99, or maybe with a demo.
Tom Penny said:
No demo. $14.99 = Fail

8xua85.jpg

Drame

Woo! It's finally coming.

I have been keeping an eye on this since the first footage at E3 2007, was it?

Hopefully the lag problems from beta have been fixed for the release.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Moobabe said:
I can't take my eyes of Sully's jump punch

Its awesome.

15 bucks for FP is perfect. If its shareable.

Lag was bad at times, but with a good host it was perfect and one of the most enjoyable PSN games I played in a while.

Cruzader

Banned
Razorskin said:
I was in the beta and didn't really enjoy it with the lag. The few lag free games I did play were pretty good and there's a lot of ways to help your team out. Like being a worker and upgrading the hat machines, making ladders and jump pads or feeding the princess more cake.

I'll wait for a demo or good reviews to justify purchase.

So you have actually played it before but need a demo? Wasnt the beta a demo? Fucking ppls do bitch about the dumbest stuff.

Top Bottom